PDA

View Full Version : i could use some help

gnardog666
02-03-2011, 01:17 PM
alright i been playing for a few months i think and i have a level 33 archer(idudhd) i have some ok gear. i wondering if anyone could tell me what would be the best gear to get and where to get it.my str is 42. dex is 130. int is 23 as of now. the set up works but i would like to have more out of it. thanx

gear as of now:
snipers penguin snowcap(pink)
ice dagger of the eagles(purple)
frozen yeti leather of finesse(purple)
frosty snowbird wing of legend(pink)
reindeer antlers(lol)

Royce
02-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Are you attached to dagger? If not, try to get a shivering ice bow or shivering ice auto crossbow. There are also shivering ice talons and daggers if you want to stay 1-handed. You've got a decent helm, and the only better armor would be a shivering frozen yeti leather. Swamp gear will be useable soon for you, so the blunderbuss is another option if you are into guns ;)
All the shivering drops come from Frozen Nightmares. The best 35 gear (though most is still inferior to the level 30 shivering stuff) is from the swamps (deadeye derby, blunderbus, croc scale robe/toad leather tunic, etc).

Also as a Dex bird, you are really better off just dumping all your attribute points into Dex.

gnardog666
02-03-2011, 01:57 PM
thx tht helps quite a bit. jus need to get a couple more platinum to get frozen nightmare and im set. i got rid od the dagger i had and bought the shivering ice talon. works pretty good lol

BeefyMeat
02-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Dont buy equip with plat, save that for the levels and customization.

gnardog666
02-03-2011, 02:26 PM
oh i dnt use plat for weapons. only for dungeons. i got it in balefort at one of those vendors

Arterra
02-03-2011, 02:37 PM
be warned that frozen nightmares is harder than anything you have so far seen. finding a team to do it with you at that level will be veeeeery hard, let alone actually succeed.

gnardog666
02-03-2011, 02:39 PM
joy im still having a hard time on the swamp dungeons let alone finding ppl to run it with me. well looks like i got my work cut out for me haha

Arterra
02-03-2011, 02:41 PM
joy im still having a hard time on the swamp dungeons let alone finding ppl to run it with me. well looks like i got my work cut out for me haha

if people wont join your swamp games, you can join random games that already have people in it. easiest solution. once you have a stable group in your friends list, you can make and join better, private parties. :D

gnardog666
02-03-2011, 02:51 PM
sweet. tht works

BeefyMeat
02-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Take note people...

Text book difference between a "newb" and a "noob"

Good luck Gnardog, shoot Beefymeat a friend invite and I'll go through Frozen nightmares with you if I'm around.

Fyrce
02-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Agree, Beef.

The portals in townes are good to walk through, if only to see where you are supposed to go next before you join a game with more people. A lot of times those portals take you to occupied games. When you are playing, if you find people you like to play with, friend them. Unless you're a horrible player, they will friend you back. A few of those and you'll have people joining you or you can join them from your Friends list. People will tend to stay together if everyone's playing well and doing similar things.

Do this occasionally because people change their playing times, get busy with RL, to meet new people, etc. to keep your friends list up to date.

In the swamps, the portals include those glowing light things past the McCroc and Scalefield signs.

When you get Frozen Nightmares, try it out but it will be hard for you. There is no town, so you get into those games via Join Game or Host Game. Check the Join Games list periodically for games there. You'll need to join ones on level 1 (Elite Dungeon) and unlock each level as you go before you can join any other levels. You can look for games w/ level 50s but sometimes, you will get booted from those. Not always, but sometimes. The campaign is difficult, but doable with a good level 30s group, so you'll see level 30s groups as well.

Royce
02-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Fyrce, FN does have a town, same town as LE. Once you finish the LE quests and get on to the FN ones, the same town portal can take you to FN. Also, the portals beyond the McCroc and Scalefield areas aren't the real magic portals for the swamps, they just lead to the McCroc and Scalefield properties. The real magic portal is right by the spawn point in town (and I think the Blakwater Bayou entrance portal works similarly).

gnardog666
02-03-2011, 04:10 PM
for sure thx

Fyrce
02-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Hmm... walked through LE portal before when only had FN quests and did not end up in FN. But if it does, that's great. Helps w/ new people being confused. And yeah, main portal in swamps is the one near where you are when you pop into town.