PDA

View Full Version : Paracelsus Stone

InternetExplorer
10-24-2014, 04:53 AM
Hi,

Is this stone worth vs 6str gem? If yes, how much stats ( hp, damage etc etc ) will be lost if the STR gem will be replaced? Does paracelsus stone only add damage or it increases dps a bit too?

And finally, crafting the P. stone to the weapon, how long does it take in hours?

I Need inputs so i can weigh in the pros and cons before putting this stone in any of my gear.

SacredKnight
10-25-2014, 04:47 PM
Same crafting time as all gems, add one gem it adds 7 DMG (Pretty sure DPS too but not the 7, but the correct DMG>DPS value), it also has a particle affect around your feet.

Farminer's
10-25-2014, 06:05 PM
Hi,

Is this stone worth vs 6str gem? If yes, how much stats ( hp, damage etc etc ) will be lost if the STR gem will be replaced? Does paracelsus stone only add damage or it increases dps a bit too?

And finally, crafting the P. stone to the weapon, how long does it take in hours?

I Need inputs so i can weigh in the pros and cons before putting this stone in any of my gear.

You lose 60hp but gain 4 or so damage.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

InternetExplorer
10-26-2014, 05:44 AM
Yeah i have to move forward with the upgrade and added the stone to my lvl 41 mythic.

Here are the changes:

i lost 60HP and 3% bonus damage while
i gained 26.8 damage and 32.2 DPS

Samaeldavisjr
10-27-2014, 12:56 PM
Yeah i have to move forward with the upgrade and added the stone to my lvl 41 mythic.

Here are the changes:

i lost 60HP and 3% bonus damage while
i gained 26.8 damage and 32.2 DPS

WOW! you gained that much dmg/dps?????

merchtime
10-27-2014, 01:30 PM
I gemmed my level 41 expe rifle and got 28.6dmg and about 32dps

Playlist
10-31-2014, 10:00 PM
Para stone boosts your damage and dps. Takes about 12 hours to craft

Sokpuppet
11-04-2014, 10:20 AM
Little late to the party, but it's definitely worth it to slot 1 para gem in a lvl 41 mythic. It's only worth it to have 1 para gem per character though. After the first, you're better off with a +6 gem

Samaeldavisjr
11-04-2014, 01:20 PM
then why does Ardbeg have 9 stones in his gear, Seven has 5-6 stones in his, and Zeus is carrying multiple gems in his gears?

Farminer's
11-04-2014, 02:06 PM
I'm not sure I guess they wanna hit 1000 damage :p

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Ravager
11-04-2014, 03:16 PM
then why does Ardbeg have 9 stones in his gear, Seven has 5-6 stones in his, and Zeus is carrying multiple gems in his gears?

If you can sacrifice hp or other stats, its worth it. Ardbeg doesnt pvp as much so dmg is better than hp. If you use an arcane ring and dont have as many issues surviving (due to higher hp/armor) its good to have multiple para or something to consider.

All 3 listed have arcane ring. Without arcane ring and youre a warrior I wouldnt suggest it unless you use high armor 41 legendary gear (will, assault, potency)

Sokpuppet
11-04-2014, 03:45 PM
If you can sacrifice hp or other stats, its worth it. Ardbeg doesnt pvp as much so dmg is better than hp. If you use an arcane ring and dont have as many issues surviving (due to higher hp/armor) its good to have multiple para or something to consider.

All 3 listed have arcane ring. Without arcane ring and youre a warrior I wouldnt suggest it unless you use high armor 41 legendary gear (will, assault, potency)

Yeah, there are some circumstances that it can pay off... But most of us don't fall under those circumstances...

Samaeldavisjr
11-05-2014, 11:14 AM

makes sense to me. This has answered a lot of confusement. thanked

BTW, I compared stats of a perfect blood ruby with one parstone vs a perfect Elondrian Grove Fitness Ring.
-16STR
-46HP
+4DMG
+5DPS
-54Armor
no thanks...

Froxanthar
11-06-2014, 02:26 AM
U need to wear it to see its full potential

Ravager
11-06-2014, 03:56 AM

Yeah, there are some circumstances that it can pay off... But most of us don't fall under those circumstances...

Ya I know. I share my arcane ring. When im not using it, I only have 1 para to survive hard hits from rogues.

Serancha
11-06-2014, 04:06 AM
*shoots Rav in the butt* one para stone for you is more than enough, even ringless.

Contrary to what one may believe if they read the forums, characters with arcane rings and multiple para gems are not the norm. Personally I think socketing all those para gems this late in a gear set's lifespan is incredibly unwise.

Just think how much value a stoned item will have next level cap.... too bad everyone is in such a rush to waste theirs on gear that likely only has a few months left in it.

Samaeldavisjr
11-06-2014, 02:07 PM
yup...agreed Ser!! Mine is/will be stashed until something good comes out. Amulet maybe? wink wink

LibertyBells (Jasper)
11-11-2014, 03:59 AM
If you find an item with a para gem and it only increases your stats by 3-4, dont brush it off. If you can survive, para gems are your best friends. Para effects your dps/skill damage and also your bonus damage. I dont understand the mechanics/math behind it but you'll gain more then the +3/4 damage you see when you compare it's stats.

kersey
03-30-2015, 04:52 AM
Question:

Why is it that on the 1st Para gem that I have, which was on my bow, gave a buff on damage of 20+ or so. But why is it when I got a Fenrir w/ a Para gem, it only added +4.9 to my damage.

Does that mean the 2nd Para gem won't have that buff effect like what the first one did?

Robhawk
03-30-2015, 09:36 AM
Does that mean the 2nd Para gem won't have that buff effect like what the first one did?

Yes.

Muhammad Rasyid Rahman
04-02-2015, 12:24 PM
hey how do you get that para stone? thanks for answering my question :)