PDA

View Full Version : Throughts on the energy and lb system

Serancha
10-24-2014, 04:24 PM
After running the leaderboard for 2 days, I added up the bosses killed (thanks to the new count on the hud), multiplied that by 5 plat per run and then added resurrection costs. While I wanted to run this event for fun and enjoyment with my friends, I just can't afford what this added up to.

Event Leaderboard costs based on the first 2 days of running:

NOTE: These numbers are estimated and a bit on the low side. I have updated with numbers adjusted to be more accurate to the point count rather than the boss total. These are still a bit off but close enough for an estimate.

Platinum
Daily cost: 900 platinum (approximate depending on how much you die to spikes)
Event cost: 12,600 platinum
Conversion: $750 in platinum packs

Gold
Daily cost: 5 million gold
Event cost: 70 million gold

Everyone on the lb gets all 3 vanities, so that's 75 vanities for each class. Even considering some people will be hoarding, I don't believe the value will accomodate the energy costs. That means I will save my gold and try buy Whim in the winter event.

In the end it's not level or speed of killing that will win this event. It's straight up who has the most money. I find this disappointing, since the game should be set up so those who have time can get as far as those who have money. Requiring both is not really cool for anyone.

Essence Farming

In 2 tomb hours (by elixir clock) of essence farming I got 17 bones and 33 energy essences. That means I can craft a maximum of 5 event items and 11 energy for 2 1/2 - 3 hours of my time (including in / out of the tombs, pack emptying etc). After waiting for all these things to craft, I then have 11 energy which lasts less than 30 minutes when running the event with a decent team.

To work that much for that little makes little sense to me. I wanted to run the event, and here I am farming tombs for 2 1/2 hours and waiting for energy to craft just so I can spend 30 minutes in the event.

Suggestions

Portals in maps should be free, and when someone finds a portal in a map, others should be able to join that person for free also. If people want to use energy to run straight from the event town, that's fine, but nobody wants to have to waste all their free time farming just for a chance at 1/2 hour in the event. This system would give free players an equal chance, and also get full guilds involved. More people running maps means more elixirs purchased, more resurrections bought, and more people buying the Nom nom nom thingy because now it's worth their while since they can run the bosses a decent amount.

If players could run maps until they found a portal, and play the event that way, people less wealthy may not keep up with the top of the lb but they would have a chance to get on it and even win something. It would generate the community feel again, such as what we had in Tarlok, and keep all players engaged. Right now the population in game is already dropping again. By the end of the 2 weeks it will only be lb runners playing as everyone else will be gone because they can't afford to participate.

Who wants to be on the lb in a game where nobody is interested in playing? Who wants to be the top player where the only thing that counts is money? Certainly not me. I'd far rather be known for skill and integrity than the size of my wallet (good thing cause my wallet is really small).

Really it comes down to inclusion. Right now 98% of the players are being excluded, which just isn't right.

Until this system is remedied, the drop rate of bones needs to be substantially higher, given that crafting is the only way to participate for normal people.

Note to players
Please keep comments constructive, and try to refrain from the usual "rich vs poor" drama we see so much of. This post is constructed to help point out how this system could be improved, and no offense, but whiney complaints about "rich people" don't help anything.

Thank you.

Kakashis
10-24-2014, 05:16 PM
yes I would have to agree with everything that is said. I always wished that the rare portals would provide a free path to the event! Plat players just pay straight up and wouldn't have much time for farming or crafting. Make the portals uber rare if too many are getting through but make them free!! Recently I just picked up a few high valued items at a super sale fair price due to the people needing all the gold to keep funding their portal runs and it's only on the second day. Don't know how they'll stay competitive for a whole week! Maybe selling the socks off their feet!

Dogoeswoof
10-24-2014, 05:17 PM
I love the idea of all 50 in each class getting vanities. However, i know that for the people already in the top 25, they will see the value of the vanities go down so they will not like the change. Instead, maybe top 26-50 should get only their class vanity while the top 1-25 should get all three classes. Just a suggestion because i know getting top 25 will be hard. There are a lot of pro rouges :). I'm #31 right now and there is like 10k point difference between the top 25 and me. Nice ideas!

Helicopter
10-24-2014, 05:18 PM
+1 I agree with the "Much Work Such Pay" thought of yours, but based on experience, farming does help a lot. It motivates players to keep playing and even during the Ursoth's Assault, farming unexpectedly capped me. Those 30 Min could earn you a hefty amount of tokens. This is almost like a giveaway for players (w/ a decent team) as you can kill the bosses in no time. Lots of other players could probably enjor over an hour of event because the bosses were challenging. In other words, you're way too strong for Paracelsus.

And the Free portal idea, would be great if it had the spawn chance of...........Skratch maybe?

twoxc
10-24-2014, 05:33 PM
yea make those portal more rare and free to enter. it wouldn't make much different but it does make the community a whole lot happier. as of right now those portal are annoying and really gets in the way, there's no point or sense in having them at all. or better yet just make them open up in elite mob lol then yea it will be a whole lot more fun and interesting. bring the elite map back into play ^^

Serancha
10-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Clearly the free portals would have to be rare. STS has shown us that they are getting much better with keeping things rare in accordance with the population, so I have no doubt they would be able to calculate how to do this.

In the Tarlok event the portals would only spawn sometimes, and only after the boss died. The elite map portals had a higher chance of getting the best boss. This was an excellent setup since it did not interfere with people who just wanted to run maps, yet encouraged the majority of the players to complete full runs, and many of them. There is no reason to use elixirs for this event, so STS is losing a lot of sales on those, from what I can see. If people were running maps, and a lot of maps, it's likely those sales would be much higher, and would at least offset any losses caused by letting people into the event maps for free on occasion.

The way things are set up right now, who actually uses those portals that spawn all over in WT4? Nobody, right? How many people are running non-tomb maps? Very few, I imagine. How many people are calling out bosses in guild chat to help out other players? Not a lot because everyone is waiting for energy to craft or regenerate.

In short, we just want to play. We don't like having to wait to play or run tombs mindlessly to play. Please, STS, let everyone play as much as they can, not as much as they can afford.

Ninjasmurf
10-24-2014, 06:06 PM
STS doesn't care. They want $$MONEY$$

Serancha
10-24-2014, 06:10 PM
STS doesn't care. They want $$MONEY$$

Let's try to be constructive please.

twoxc
10-24-2014, 07:59 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/66ynht.png

http://i61.tinypic.com/2qb91s9.png

inaccurate boss count. as you can see here.

Serancha
10-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Yes, my boss count adds up to less than half my points. Adjusted the totals in the first post accordingly. It is still a low estimate, but closer to actuality.

Thanks for catching this. Mine are inaccurate by a whole lot. Here's the screenies. With the boss points calculated, that adds up to 13,840 points, which is clearly way off.

Raregem
10-24-2014, 10:44 PM
If I never hear the word WT4 again it will be too soon. I have spent prob 16 hours in there and 3 hours on the event (rough estimate). I would love if they would go back to Tarlok style boss portals that are free.

They've got people spending tons of plat on the last event boss as well with the pools and one hit spikes. Getting across is a feat. So I think they could think of different ways to make plat part of the event without having to relay on energy for all portal entries. Or make energy essences drop rate higher and craft time shorter. It takes 6 hours (2 in tombs and 4 to craft 10 energy) it gets frustrating.

That being said I have had fun running the event when I've had enough energy to do it.

Axesam
10-24-2014, 11:01 PM
I really miss the first time event use portal, dont remember what event, last year halloween maybe?
Everybody farm portal in that ship fighting sark (dont remember the name of that map)

Past:
/g Portal
-me
-me
-me
-tons of me

Now:
/g 2 slot para
-me
-no energy
-damn u late, i spend my last energy fighting wolf
-goodluck

Anarchist
10-25-2014, 02:17 AM
To be frank this is nothin new under the sun since the goblin event.

Now you ran LB and understood it too.

Serancha
10-25-2014, 04:05 AM
To be frank this is nothin new under the sun since the goblin event.

Now you ran LB and understood it too.

I have been running leaderboards since season 3. I also ran a couple of days in each of the last events.

The difference is that now it's the third round so this can not be seen as a panicked reaction to something just because it's new. This is an honest response to something that has been tried and run through more than once. There is also no plat farming now, so the numbers are not falsely inflated, making it a totally different situation for the community.

We're now talking about people's real dollars, the kind that pay rent and buy groceries.

Sure, there's some people who can afford to spend $750 on 2 weeks in a game. But those people are not the majority, and treating all players as if they can afford large amounts of cash is neither fair or beneficial to the community. Sure, we get one energy regenerated every 12 hours and can farm 2-4 hours and craft another 4 for 10 energy. That's not encouraging player involvement, is it?

Limsi
10-25-2014, 04:10 AM
I'll agree to this. All my gold earned from years of merching have been depleting fast. Let's just say with the current price of the event kits today plus the points I have amassed (70k atm), I have at least spent 14m in 3 days.

I'm not complaining. I knew this from the start, but it's just funny how those who have little cannot compete for the coveted vanities.

Sibayjing
10-25-2014, 04:21 AM
Sts know to keep interested of loyal players, they know lb reward will be a competition of platinium purchasers.

sts need to make real money, players need to earn rare stuff ( in this case: vanity)

So If players continue to walk in this way, why sts will change?

I think if players doesn't keep interest for running lb with their money, maybe sts will make more thing free and keep game play for all

Serancha
10-25-2014, 04:32 AM
I think when the next event comes in under a month, they will find that the player's resources have been pretty much tapped out. December is not a time where people have tons of extra cash floating around, or even that kind of gold if they used up almost all their resources at Halloween.

Anarchist
10-25-2014, 04:37 AM
I have been running leaderboards since season 3. I also ran a couple of days in each of the last events.

The difference is that now it's the third round so this can not be seen as a panicked reaction to something just because it's new. This is an honest response to something that has been tried and run through more than once. There is also no plat farming now, so the numbers are not falsely inflated, making it a totally different situation for the community.

We're now talking about people's real dollars, the kind that pay rent and buy groceries.

Sure, there's some people who can afford to spend $750 on 2 weeks in a game. But those people are not the majority, and treating all players as if they can afford large amounts of cash is neither fair or beneficial to the community. Sure, we get one energy regenerated every 12 hours and can farm 2-4 hours and craft another 4 for 10 energy. That's not encouraging player involvement, is it?

Look i a m not saying you are wrong or anything i totally agree with you but this is the third time lb contest been around and i am asking myself where were you when the goblin poo event was introduced?
I didnt see the top players asking for it to be removed.
They said it sucked but they were willing to play it, they did play it so sts kept it.
Even right now as we speak there are players ready to run it to the very end.

Nobody is gonna stop now. As far as i am concerned and i think everyone has adapted to the idea LB is for the rich and top players and the rest of the event is for average joes, personally i think the rest of the event is damn good so i am enjoying it.

For those who wanna run LB contests brace yourself with gold/plat/coffee and extreme will to win or don't go there at all.

Just my 2 cents.

Serancha
10-25-2014, 04:38 AM
I'm not asking to change this particular event, but suggesting ways to improve future ones. It's not even all about leaderboard, it's about including the rest of the players in the game. The other 98% of the customer base.

If you look back to the goblin event and Ursoth, I was there and posting also. I have been heavily involved in the game, testing and the forums for almost 2 years now.\

The goblin event was a trial, and the answer to everything was "this is a trial, we're still working on it".
In Ursoth it was "this is the first real run of this system, people will suck it up and get used to it"

Well we haven't sucked it up, and we're not liking it any more than we did when it was released.

kjed
10-25-2014, 05:35 AM
Its been obvious money runs the game right now, f2p is dead.theres no more free in this world.

Serancha
10-25-2014, 09:51 AM
Its been obvious money runs the game right now, f2p is dead.theres no more free in this world.

Both unconstructive and untrue. Sts has made a lot of steps lately to make things better for non-plat players. You can now but elixirs, respecs, revives and numerous other things for go,d that used to be plat-exclusive.

In any case this isn't about trying to go completely platless, this is about giving an option to those who can't afford 5 plat or 30k/run and want to run the event rather than the tombs.

firechandra
10-25-2014, 10:06 AM
Suggestion for future events leaderboard:

Make a leaderboard based on timed runs done exclusively with new items and pets. This will incentivate people to run the maps also after earning the best tier, will incentivate locked opening (that not only mega plat spenders can afford) if some of the items are only dropping from them, will incentivate elixir and respec sale, will award player skills, will keep new item prices medium-high and last but not least will give an opportunity to be in the leaderboard also to not rich people, also to who has not much time because has a job or study.
Another suggestion is to make a special banner awarded to people that will do a run under a specific time (like hauntlet achievement) to give people that won't be in the leaderboard a consolation prize if they did however a good job showing their capacity to do fast runs

With this leaderboard sts probably would also gain more dollars because every player will feel to have an opportunity till the end and they will spend for energies and kits since the last day instead on the current leaderboard as dogoeswoof already said after only a few days the difference from number 25 and 31 is already huge and more time passes less really competitors for the lb there are, at the end they will be 30-35 max trying to be in top 25.

Let me know if you agree or not and why and if you like this idea

Soundlesskill
10-25-2014, 10:49 AM
Platinum
Daily cost: 900 platinum (approximate depending on how much you die to spikes)
Event cost: 12,600 platinum
Conversion: $750 in platinum packs

Gold
Daily cost: 5 million gold
Event cost: 70 million gold

I laughed.

Anarchist
10-25-2014, 11:14 AM
Ok lets be constructive.

There is no way imo to make f2p meet p2w in this Lb contest.
As long as you give a slight advantage to the one paying in a contest its p2w n if you remove the advantages its f2p.
What you can do is divide f2p from p2w.

Time ago like months i suggested to divide Lb contests.

The suggestion was basically this:

There would have been 2 point counters and 2 lbs. General point counter and Lb point counter.
The Lb pc will count your points only if you crossed the portal with a originally crafted energy kit.

The general point count will count all points.

On one side you will have who spent more time farming on the other who spent more money. Everybody happy problem solved, GG.

John Punzal
10-25-2014, 11:34 AM
These micro transaction games

Xorrior
10-25-2014, 12:54 PM
Just for the record.....I hate the energy system! Totally and utterly loathe it! I will never ever play another game that implements it. There is no fluidity in the gameplay it's just, start, stop, farm energy, start, stop, don't wanna farm then buy energy, start, stop.

But in the words of SamHayne......it is what it is.

The event is awesome tho!

Maketaca
10-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Yes, my boss count adds up to less than half my points. Adjusted the totals in the first post accordingly. It is still a low estimate, but closer to actuality.

Thanks for catching this. Mine are inaccurate by a whole lot. Here's the screenies. With the boss points calculated, that adds up to 13,840 points, which is clearly way off.

I think only one person in party who last hit the boss is counted.

Serancha
10-25-2014, 03:29 PM
I think only one person in party who last hit the boss is counted.

See? I totally suck at being a ks rogue....*sigh* all my dreams of being a cheap-shotter are dashed.

Jokong aside, I believe you are right, but that isn't how they should be counting them.

Sokpuppet
10-25-2014, 05:06 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with this thread and I've felt this way for every LB event. While I suppose it's possible to make the LB using just gold (way more than it would be worth if your estimates were correct) it's still just basically a contest to see who has the most money (or who is willing to go into the most debt). With this structure right now, I already know before an event begins that I have 0% chance of making the LB. As Anarchist suggested, there should be more than one LB. I'm perfectly fine with the existence of this type of LB as long as there are others that allow casual players and non-plat players to have some sort of chance. Timed runs LB or whatever else they could come up with, but something that doesn't require you to be wealthy and have no personal life (no offense to you guys on the LB! :chuncky:)

I don't have a great solution, so I'm afraid I probably haven't contributed anything useful, but I do know that the current system is not a great one. The developers' goal is to make as much money as possible, just like every other company that exists, so as long as these events keep making them boatloads of extra money I don't see anything changing.

Serancha
10-25-2014, 08:00 PM
It annoys me that players equate success in-game with having no life in reality. This is such a common statement, and it's totally absurd. We all play mmo's so implying that one is "better" than someone who chooses to make an extra effort for a top spot is not cool. We all have lives and all have friends, but we also have time to put in on our choice of entertainment. This is a choice and since we are all making the same one, let's not try and pretend some of us are cooler or have more of "a life" than others.

In any case, running LB has nothing to do with lack of personal life. A player can stay on it running 3-4 hours a day with a good team. That leaves plenty of time for going on dates, visiting friends, and having a job.

However, if you don't have a whole lot of real cash or excessive amounts of gold, you are relegated to running the lovely event maybe 1/2 hour a day and spending the rest of the time in the tombs.

mightymynk
10-26-2014, 04:02 AM
well i put on this idea to overcome this kind of problem where people can compete with guild rather than alone but it got fade out too early just see once :

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?180834-Idea-for-event-leaderboard

Shimada
10-26-2014, 04:33 AM
I agree with Serancha on making the portal free. It's very hard for an average player like me to play this event since either I need to wait the system generated energy which takes a lot of time or I need to farm in tombs for energy. Farming in tombs is just not easy as this essence is rare. And all of that is just for entering the portal, not to consider entering the tombs itself. I'm not dreaming of a Leaderboard from the beginning, just I am wishing to be on the platinum tier which is very hard already. Some of my guildies can't run also as not all are having plats to spend for entering the portal. This is only one case, then how about those new players that are just started which don't have enough either plat or gold.

Serancha
10-26-2014, 06:44 PM
well i put on this idea to overcome this kind of problem where people can compete with guild rather than alone but it got fade out too early just see once :

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?180834-Idea-for-event-leaderboard

I don't think having it by guild is a good idea. That would just guarantee the biggest guilds win.

mmaachilles211
10-26-2014, 08:30 PM
I completely agree with what this post is saying. I played my heart out during ursoth, made a lot of money (spent way more) and ended up 13th...the gap between the players above me was almost double of what my score was (ended up around ~ 65 k) and I had to tap out. There was no way for me to make up those points because try as I might I couldn't afford it. I spent 4 m on this event and had like 50 energy stashe'd from ursoth and was done after the second day. Something has to be done to give the common player a chance. Tarlok showed us what an event could be like when everyone was involved. It's what it needs to be again.

Allocate
10-27-2014, 01:33 AM
The real issue is that the leader board system is a health hazard. STS encourages it and they aren't responsible if any of you idiots drop and die. It's ok they will have made their money by then anyway.

I'm shaking my head at the people grinding for those vanities trying to be the best in a virtual world where nothing matters. Is your real life really that bad? That you have to put your real life on hold just so you can obtain a pixel on your screen?

Take care of yourselves guys!

Serancha
10-27-2014, 03:17 AM
They could argue that the players are mostly adults and should be smart enough to know their limits. Those who are kids should have parents that limit their gaming time. It's a choice. However, the lb as a health hazard is not the point of the thread.

Allocate
10-27-2014, 05:38 AM
They could argue that the players are mostly adults and should be smart enough to know their limits. Those who are kids should have parents that limit their gaming time. It's a choice. However, the lb as a health hazard is not the point of the thread.

Yup, you are right! The vanities are more important than peoples well-being.

Do you desperately need that vanity in order to feel special? Sometimes games can give someone, a false sense of achievement especially when people don't have anything else going on in their real life.

Do what makes you happy.

@Topic: Every event has gotten worse and worse, ever since Tarlok. I'm lucky I got to experience at least one good event and I'm still hoping to perhaps play another one.

At this rate, most players are going to care less and less. 80% of my friends don't give a s**t about this event and guild activity has significantly lowered compared to before. The energy system isnt fun, the bosses aren't fun (very nasty), this game is turning out to be less and less fun. This company is really digging itself a grave.

Everything that should make sense like random portals are still pay-to-play. It doesn't make sense. The bosses are nasty at any level, especially lower levels. How is that supposed to entertain and keep new players? It just puts them off and makes them play another game. This is a mobile game; like most mobile games, it's a game that supposed to be a quick fun game but its turning into a hardcore chore-oriented, rage-inducing, stupid expensive, frustrating, health-hazardous game.

I don't give a damn, I'm only gold rank and I don't need a false sense of achievement. This leader board system is horrible and it should be scrapped. If not, I fear nobody will be excited for future events. They will pass because its all just catered to the rich and they aren't people who like to waste money on something that is fantasy.

Hadec
10-27-2014, 05:57 AM
well portals of farming should be free...and when u finish the boss u go back to map and continue ur run...this would implement a much better competition for all (those who can pay and those who can farm) .every single people could have the chance to be platinum or just taste the event...+1 to u serancha

Sorcerie
10-27-2014, 07:49 AM
+10 To this thread

I agree on all points. The energy system while having become slightly more balanced for free players as time has progressed is still a race for who has the biggest wallet either in gold or cash. Period.

Just once I'd like to see and FEEL that this game is possible to win as a free player. I'm sick of grinding for hours and hours a day for crumbs.

Is it too much to ask that both sides of the field (payers and players) have an ACTUAL equal chance to succeed?

And by that I mean not having to spend what little we scrounge for in savings to just see your name on the board for a day or two before falling into poverty and obscurity.

Candylicks
10-27-2014, 08:13 AM
Yes you have to get the killing blow for it to count in your numbers.

I like the idea of random free enter portals, that would be really fun and an incentive for people to run maps and get a bonus treat. They should however only spawn at the end when boss is dead.

I also think the portal entrance should be 1 or 3 plat, not 5. That's high for 1-2 minutes of game play.

johnsr
10-27-2014, 08:48 AM
I'm not asking to change this particular event, but suggesting ways to improve future ones. It's not even all about leaderboard, it's about including the rest of the players in the game. The other 98% of the customer base.

If you look back to the goblin event and Ursoth, I was there and posting also. I have been heavily involved in the game, testing and the forums for almost 2 years now.\

The goblin event was a trial, and the answer to everything was "this is a trial, we're still working on it".
In Ursoth it was "this is the first real run of this system, people will suck it up and get used to it"

Well we haven't sucked it up, and we're not liking it any more than we did when it was released.

Sera,

You are absolutely right and thank you for posting this. I'm running LB this event too and I came to the same conclusion as you. It cost me roughly about 12 mil to get to 29 on the LB before I stopped and realized I would be better off saving my gold and plat. I believe that a compromise can be achieved as well. Perhaps instead of crafting energy, more energy points can drop while farming or, make the price of energy a bit cheaper. 5 plat may not seem like a lot but it adds up. Also The energy should be purchasable by gold (idk if purchasable is a word just sounds funny to me). There are many ways to compromise and the requirements of the players need to be gathered properly at this time to make future events better. I don't mind spending money on this game but at some point it stops making sense to keep pouring cash into an event when you are just spending for the sake of spending. Anywho thanks again for posting this and no I haven't forgotten ;)( You know what i'm talking about)

cheoekar
10-27-2014, 09:18 AM
hahaha

Otahaanak
10-27-2014, 11:49 AM
I don't mind spending money on this game but at some point it stops making sense to keep pouring cash into an event when you are just spending for the sake of spending.

Whether it's in game gold, or real currency - that statement about sums up where things are for me almost a year and and half after I started playing. This event is by far the most expensive event I've seen during my time in AL.

This is not a single player MMO, in my opinion anyway. These events, are best enjoyed running with Guildmates and other memebers of the community. But now unless I farm energy non-stop (and thus NOT running the event) or spend real $$$ like it's free and in unlimited supply, I can't enjoy the event the way I'd like. I spent nearly 2 million in Gold this weekend (for energy and Ankh kits) running with Leaderboarders in my guild. Do I benefit? Yes, a bit: some vanities, and what not, but the REASON I did it because it's FUN running and supporting my guildmates. If nothing else, it's better than mindlessly running WT4 and KT4 for hours on end. If I don't have the gold to spend then I don't get to enjoy the event and get to better know my guildmates. If I can't enjoy an event, what's the point of logging in?

At some point, STS, you need to figure out a way to allow a good percentage of players to run event maps and enjoy content without players having to spend everything they have. Forget the leaderboard, I'm just talking about running the event and enjoying the game and what it offers. If you continue to isolate the community from each other (pvp drama, increasingly expensive events, etc.) there won't be anyone left to sell Leaderboard awards to. As things stand now, I suspect many will be too broke to even run the Christmas event.

Sera, thanks for a good post.

Remiem
10-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Really great feedback here, across the board. We will definitely take all of this into consideration in future events. As you've seen with this, Ursoth's and the Goblin event, we'll continue to improve improve improve on the event system!

Ninjasmurf
10-27-2014, 03:20 PM
Really great feedback here, across the board. We will definitely take all of this into consideration in future events. As you've seen with this, Ursoth's and the Goblin event, we'll continue to improve improve improve on the event system!

Here's 1 idea-

Make energy essence farmable at all times. So we can farm energy before events and after event. This way once the event comes we will already have energy kits to run with and won't need to spend 30k per run (crazy price)

Although this is a very small step, it will make a huge change in the next events cost.

3-4 weeks isn't enough time to farm energy and actually play the event.

spimeslam
10-27-2014, 03:37 PM
That's a cool idea ninja. So people who play every day would benefit and be more likely to compete in events when they come. If the kits you craft were tradable that would keep the price of them a little lower also making people who would have to buy them more likely to compete as well. If tradable. If always farmable just raise the amount of essence or time to craft a little more to help control flow of energy into the game. There are lots of adjustments that could be made... just gotta figure out which ones yo make and think what would be best for everybody.

Serancha
10-27-2014, 05:44 PM
I don't think having it farmable at all times makes sense, since then STS would not sell any energy, making the whole system pointless. However, they do make a cooldown period after an event, so why not a "warm-up" period before where essences start dropping, so people can start gathering and prepare?

I would still prefer to see free portals after map bosses, and have those bosses get energy balls added to their loot tables for occasional drops. The hard-core would still buy tons of energy, but the rest of the players would get to run the event the whole time, rather than less than an hour a day.

kixkaxx
10-27-2014, 07:08 PM
I don't think having it farmable at all times makes sense, since then STS would not sell any energy, making the whole system pointless. However, they do make a cooldown period after an event, so why not a "warm-up" period before where essences start dropping, so people can start gathering and prepare?

I would still prefer to see free portals after map bosses, and have those bosses get energy balls added to their loot tables for occasional drops. The hard-core would still buy tons of energy, but the rest of the players would get to run the event the whole time, rather than less than an hour a day.

That's a little bit exaggerating, you can finish the runs with in like 10min BECAUSE you have all the mythic gears and all the friends with mythic gears. If you would like to try to join a random party and fight with pink gears(as 90% of the players do), it can take hours to actually finish the three daily boss. I have full arcane gear as well, but I have chars with just pinks. What arcane takes 1min pinks can take 30min. Moreover, energy essence is not hard to farm, I can get more than 30 of them in an hour in WT4. That gives me enough energy for one day of event run.

Titanium
10-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Everyone on the lb gets all 3 vanities, so that's 75 vanities for each class. Even considering some people will be hoarding, I don't believe the value will accomodate the energy costs. That means I will save my gold and try buy shady and surge in the winter event.

SnS is back on winter event? I really like to see SnS in a christmas version.. maybe 2 reindeers.

Ninjasmurf
10-27-2014, 09:23 PM

It's not pointless. People that don't like farming will still buy energy with plat and it will cost allot less gold. This allows more people to finally have a chance at lbs for a change.

Realize how the same people win on lbs in every event. Games shouldn't be like that. It should be fun for everyone.

Serancha
10-27-2014, 10:17 PM
That's a little bit exaggerating, you can finish the runs with in like 10min BECAUSE you have all the mythic gears and all the friends with mythic gears. If you would like to try to join a random party and fight with pink gears(as 90% of the players do), it can take hours to actually finish the three daily boss. I have full arcane gear as well, but I have chars with just pinks. What arcane takes 1min pinks can take 30min. Moreover, energy essence is not hard to farm, I can get more than 30 of them in an hour in WT4. That gives me enough energy for one day of event run.

That's just my main. I have many characters spanning many levels, almost all are legendary, and yes I run them.

My guild has been testing wt4 and kt4 all week and the maximum energy essence in one hour for either has been 19. If you can get over 30 each hour, you must be running a different WT4 than the rest of us.

SnS is back on winter event?

Sam confirmed it in chatbox a couple of weeks ago, yes.

RIP
10-28-2014, 06:39 AM
That's just my main. I have many characters spanning many levels, almost all are legendary, and yes I run them.

My guild has been testing wt4 and kt4 all week and the maximum energy essence in one hour for either has been 19. If you can get over 30 each hour, you must be running a different WT4 than the rest of us.

Sam confirmed it in chatbox a couple of weeks ago, yes.

are you absolutely sure ?

Serancha
10-28-2014, 10:51 AM
are you absolutely sure ?

Gah it was meant to say whim not S&S. Apologies. They're both smal and cute. Can't blame a gal for getting them mixed up...

johnsr
10-28-2014, 11:26 AM

I totally agree on the random party comment. Depending on what player you get and if they do not know how to effectively play their class or you get an unbalanced team like 3 wars and a rogue it can be challenging. However I disagree that the gear makes a player. I would much rather run with a team of only legendary players who have balanced gear and know how to play well than with an arcane or myth team that does not know how to play their characters well.

Kingofninjas
10-28-2014, 06:26 PM
Here's 1 idea-

Make energy essence farmable at all times. So we can farm energy before events and after event. This way once the event comes we will already have energy kits to run with and won't need to spend 30k per run (crazy price)

Although this is a very small step, it will make a huge change in the next events cost.

Totally agree with you bro. On the Ursoth event I almost made the lb because it cost me only 8-10k per run. This is 3 times that amount. After seeing the prices of energy kits, I decided to only use free energy that I crafted to run. I usually spend at least 30 minutes a day in wt4 ( yes, I know, small amount). Keeping that in mind, I still haven't reached platinum tier on my main, and will not reach it on my alt. The Paracelsus stone is the only reason I am running the event and it seems pretty hard to get for F2P players who cannot spend more than 2 hours a day playing.

Also, I would like to point out the increasing amount of tricks STS can come up with to make us use plats. Paracelsus is such a plat drain. I'm predicting next event will have gates in front of boss that once you enter , you can't get back in without plat spawn (like arena).

obee
10-28-2014, 07:46 PM
Here's 1 idea-

Especially when they rarely drop. I say keep if farmable, but decrease the chances so event isn't super easy, or just have next event's bosses really hard, but you have lots of energy.

gumball3000
10-29-2014, 07:22 AM
Sleep depravation for short periods of time like 1-4 weeks is not a health risk.

Majorlegion
10-29-2014, 07:55 AM
Sleep depravation for short periods of time like 1-4 weeks is not a health risk.
Are you joking or being serous? Do you have any idea how much of an effect sleep derpration has on the body? Especially if your older. http://www.m.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/features/10-results-sleep-loss check this out then reply to me

gumball3000
10-29-2014, 08:04 AM
Are you joking or being serous? Do you have any idea how much of an effect sleep derpration has on the body? Especially if your older. http://www.m.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/features/10-results-sleep-loss check this out then reply to me
That article is about chronic sleep loss for months or years and none of the effects presented there will appear after short periods like this event lol.