PDA

View Full Version : Dell streak from AT&T

BirdBrainJr
02-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Has anyone used the new Dell streak from AT&T. I wanna get it but I need to know its compatible with pocket legend since it would be the only reason for getting it.

Royce
02-03-2011, 05:52 PM
According to this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12587-Android-Client-Supported-Devices
The streak can't run PL because it's an older android OS. If this is some newer version of the streak with a newer OS, then maybe...

BirdBrainJr
02-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Thank god u replied. I almost bought it cuz of the 5 inch screen

Royce
02-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Well try searching the forums as well. I don't really know if it can work or not, but there are some other posts that seem to imply you can update the streak OS to run PL, but I don't really know, an it is on the list as officially unsupported...

Edit: and btw, I recently switched to AT&T and got the Samsung Captivate. I love it and it runs PL beautifully ;)

Junside
02-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Pocket Legends is only available for Apple iDevices and Android phones.

Dell Streak had 1.6 and recently got an update to 2.2 so it is compatible. But for gaming, I'd rather get the Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S.

braluk
02-04-2011, 06:19 AM
I own the AT&T Dell Streak. Was tired of the constant delays for the 2.2 Froyo OTA AT&T update (not to mention lack of tethering) and I could not bear 1.6 so I rooted it and managed to get it to the 2.2 Dell unlocked OS released for Dell US streaks. Anyhow, it runs pretty amazingly and I get virtually no slowdown in large group quests when there is a lot of activity on the screen. Detail is vibrant and full and I couldn't imagine playing this game on anything smaller than it. Having said that, on occasion it closes randomly but this is fairly rare and most likely related to a disruption in internet connectivity than the actual Streak. The only other issue is installing it. It's a known issue for some phones that large files do not install on SD Card (In fact I still cannot move the app to the SD Card after installing it). With over a gig or two of internal phone memory, a 32mb file is not a problem but to do so, you might need to unmount your SD card first, since Market defaults to SD Card installation.