PDA

View Full Version : Game and Screen Freezing Mid-Battle

Junside
02-03-2011, 07:22 PM
This is very frustrating for me. I'm not sure if it's my phone or not. I don't have a lot of apps installed(maybe 25-30 at most).

It may be because of the constant MotoBlur features on my Droid2 starting themselves up again, but I set up my phone to receive little or no data.

Turned off email auto-sync, and my custom rom is built for speed. Processor runs at 1GHz and minimum run is at 300MHz.

What happens is, I am in the middle of a fight, and the screen stops and freezes, and I can't do anything for a good minute or two. By the time my screen frees up, I'm dead. I may try to download a different rom but I wish there was a solution for this. It may not be because of the game, since this is a bit different from ping.

Phoenixking
02-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Ever heard of lag spikes.....lag also is made by your connection...lags spike is when to much data is entered or something and it quickly lags freezes then come backs to normal

Physiologic
02-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Looks like a client-based problem because I've never heard of non-ping based frozen screens mentioned before?

Ellyidol
02-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Literally freeze right, like you can't click on anything, move around, open menu?

If you can, then yeah just really bad lag, which I get too.

Freeze, I have never encountered.

Junside
Ever heard of lag spikes.....lag also is made by your connection...lags spike is when to much data is entered or something and it quickly lags freezes then come backs to normal

I thought lag spikes were just dramatic rising of ping. I've had that, but I could move around while nothing else moved. I could press menu and everything. With this, it just freezes up my whole phone, can't even Home out to my home screens.

Phoenixking
Happens to me sometimes it's called a lag spike lol

Physiologic
02-03-2011, 07:29 PM
I thought lag spikes were just dramatic rising of ping. I've had that, but I could move around while nothing else moved. I could press menu and everything. With this, it just freezes up my whole phone, can't even Home out to my home screens.

That's definitely a phone issue, not related to PL at all.

How much RAM are you using up when PL is on? I think you may have to reformat.

Ellyidol
02-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Happens to me sometimes it's called a lag spike lol

Nope, a lag spike is server or network problem.

Sounds like a hardware/client problem to me too.

I get freeze lags at times, not frozen at all just scratchy, but thats when I'm running something like Viber or Skype in the background while playing.

Junside
02-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Well when my phone frees up again, I believe I didn't receive any background data. I'll download a different ROM sometime soon and see if there was a problem with the way it receives data. Though I am doubting that it's my phone. Everything is geared to performance and no additional data feed.

Phoenixking
02-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Hmmm idk then

Maybe...PL is to AWSOME for your phone

Junside
02-03-2011, 07:41 PM
That's definitely a phone issue, not related to PL at all.

How much RAM are you using up when PL is on? I think you may have to reformat.

Not sure how to check... stored data 72.00kb, game file 39.69MB, Cache 3.33MB. Does that help?

This isn't a frequent issue though. Like, this happened yesterday but hasn't happened for about 5 days.

Ellyidol
02-03-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm not familiar with Android, but maybe just a restart of some sort is needed?

Physiologic
02-03-2011, 08:17 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/16hnldv.png

There should be some Task Manager function and a Summary tab as such, if RAM is maxed out then that might be a hardware issue

Fyrce
02-04-2011, 12:22 AM
I have two wifi connections: DSL upstairs and Time Warner Cable downstairs. The DSL is usually fine, only lags sometimes. A bit more random lagging/ping spiking after the server update, but so far not too bad. The cable wifi is horrible: lags, drops, etc. Hor-ri-ble. Yet, signal strength on both are max.

davidis57
02-04-2011, 01:43 AM
Dl autokiller memory from the market set the presets to optimum. You just set it and forget it. If your using a custom rom darky's 9.0 or better will cause you to freeze in pl. I suggest you use a stable rom for your phone.