PDA

View Full Version : Guild Settings

obee
10-25-2014, 10:15 PM
I think the new client is good, but maybe Sts should think about incorporating some ideas! I'll be hitting these targets:

Applying for guilds
More diverse positions
Time person has last logged on
Daily Messages

Applying for Guilds
In AL, you have to pm an officer/gm if you want to join a guild, and sometimes it can be annoyingly hard. With applying for guilds, officers should be able to look at the character's stats, kill-death ratio, name, and class. They will have the option to accept or reject the character. Also, the guild will be able to put requirements for applying.
Example:
Requirements for Guild A: 12k Achievement Points
Player A has only 11k Achievement Points, so therefore he cannot apply for Guild A. If player A is rejected, it will be said in the chat in green.
Problems with this idea

Player A could keep repeatedly applying for the guild.
This could cause lag, if many people apply at one time.

More Diverse Positions
Guilds should have the option to have junior and senior recruiters, co-leaders, junior and senior officers. Co-leaders will make it much more easier for guilds with multiple guildmasters. The only thing that they can't do, is disband the guild. The guild master can demote the co-leader. Junior and senior officers and recruiters can be decided upon expirence and time spent in the guild, or whatever suits the guildmaster. Note:The guildmaster has the option of adding these positions, or removing them.
Problems

All these positions could get really confusing
What permissions would be different in junior recruiter and senior recruiter.

Time Person has last logged on
This would be extremely helpful for guilds, and the friends list. Guilds can find out if people are truly inactive, or if they log on at different times, and you don't catch them. This would clear up any troubles in that situation.
Problems:

Extreme Lag (Some people have lots of friends, and some guilds have lots of people)

Daily Messages
​Many guilds need this! Let's say Guild A has a very important meeting at 5:00 PM GMT -5. Forums is useful, but remember, only a small portion of AL uses forums frequently. Keyword frequently. Guild A could put a daily message that will go in the chat every x minutes or so. Officers or guildmasters will have the choice of how often the message will occur.

Ebezaanec
10-25-2014, 10:54 PM
1. Officer War Room: Private meetings so guildies buying potions won't overhear some awkward stuff.

2. Increase GH capacity: Self explanatory

3. Guild Sparring Room: PvP training, etc

4. Limit number of boots per officer for X amount of time; only GM can mass-boot: Prevents guild griefing. Besides, most guilds hardly have to remove sucha large amount.

I'll think of more.

Eski
10-26-2014, 12:36 AM
Nice ideas guys i like them , but i see one problem .. The space..
This could make the game even more laggy
Obee registrate for the comunity spotlight!

ClumsyCactus
10-26-2014, 02:25 AM
1. Officer War Room: Private meetings so guildies buying potions won't overhear some awkward stuff.

4. Limit number of boots per officer for X amount of time; only GM can mass-boot: Prevents guild griefing. Besides, most guilds hardly have to remove sucha large amount.

I'll think of more.
All of these are things i'd love to see implemented!
I also think that the top 10 guilds masters each season should get a FANCY banner. Bcuz anyone Who have a guild up in the top has worked hard for it.

Eski
10-26-2014, 02:49 AM
So merched guilds worked hard? Noooo

ClumsyCactus
10-26-2014, 03:09 AM
So merched guilds worked hard? Noooo

Somewhere someone made the guilds and got them popular...

Hail
10-26-2014, 03:18 AM
Nice ideas +1 to Obee and Ebez's ideas!

siddhant
10-26-2014, 03:27 AM
+1 to this thread

RIP
10-26-2014, 07:02 AM

I'll think of more.

Such suggestions have been made 100's of times, each time other players agreed and supported the one who made the suggestion, however none of the Devs took this seriously.

BaronB
10-26-2014, 07:24 AM
Such suggestions have been made 100's of times, each time other players agreed and supported the one who made the suggestion, however none of the Devs took this seriously.
Bit disheartening as some ideas in here genuinely would add more value to game play :(