PDA

View Full Version : Better ping guaranteed in 1.7?

Ellyidol
02-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Like title says.

I'm wondering if by 1.7 my (and several others from what I've seen) ping will be stable again? It's really the only thing stopping me from playing now and I'd hate it to be present even in 1.7.

It's not very fun to be spiking up to 10k almost every few seconds and nothing is wrong with your connection. :(

So, is it guaranteed?

Ladylove
02-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Ah I hope so. Mine has been off the charts

Ellyidol
02-03-2011, 10:13 PM
I know what you mean. =/

Though I didn't see anything remotely related to this aside from "Client stability".

Zerious
02-04-2011, 12:11 AM
either way my microwave will nuke my twinks...

Otukura
02-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Mine's normal. Using Wifi, wireless-G

Yes, I know, it's old.

Hekpoc
02-04-2011, 12:26 AM
The update says it will improve stability... But we won't know for sure until... Well... 1.7 comes out :)

Ellyidol
02-04-2011, 01:00 AM
Thats what I don't get at times. I hear results from opposite ends from different people, some are normal and fine, some are like me. Thats what makes me question if its really the PL server, since if it is, wouldn't it be everyone experiencing the lag/spikes?

Zerious
02-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Thats what I don't get at times. I hear results from opposite ends from different people, some are normal and fine, some are like me. Thats what makes me question if its really the PL server, since if it is, wouldn't it be everyone experiencing the lag/spikes?

everyone kinda has lately no? Unless they using 4g or just have God giving them wee-fee

Royce
02-04-2011, 09:51 AM
I've had very little lag lately on either my iPod (wifi) or my Android (3G). And I hate to break it, but I wouldn't think better ping is guaranteed unless they specifically said that. The only major update I remember which was followed by reduced lag was the update where optimizations were a major focus (the elf head shrinking update). Other than that, it seems like there are usually more issues after a major update that are gradually fixed with patches and subsequent minor updates.

Omglolwtfbbq
02-04-2011, 11:27 AM
I rarely get lag spikes so I doubt it's entirely server-sided. On the other hand lots of people have this problem..
The only times I get spikes is when my bro downloads something. Also make sure small internet-using devices are turned off like an internet radio, that caused a bit of lag for me sometimes.

Arterra
02-04-2011, 11:33 AM
my minecraft multiplayer laggs to high heaven, but my PL is just fine. idk

Pandamoni
02-04-2011, 12:21 PM
I tend to only lag in the Victory Lap. I'll jump up to like 40,000 ping and then just time out. I'm thinking it has something to do with all of the spells being cast? I don't know, very annoying because I've gotten quite a few deaths from lagging. I've thought it was my connection, though. Elly, I also wondered if it's server issues or my connection because I'm often the only one experiencing lag but when I shut down game my other apps and internet work just fine. Bizarre.