PDA

View Full Version : PL on PC?

between
02-03-2011, 10:48 PM
i know there is no pc client, but is it possible maybe through an emulator?

my gf wants to play but dosent have a compatable phone T_T

Phoenixking
02-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Uuhhh ohhhhh a newbie going to the big leagues, ok look between wait till devs introduce to pc/Mac and or buy a iPod/iPhone/iPad for her as a birthday

Derps
02-03-2011, 10:56 PM
But then it can't be called Pocket Legends anymore...

Tarkemelion
02-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Lol the pc would be handy but also pocket should stay!

icantgetkills
02-03-2011, 11:40 PM
i would love a PC version playing on iphone ipod etc sometimes can be annoying if you play for a long time

Lawlessomega
02-03-2011, 11:42 PM
I too would love a pc version if anything just to save my poor ipod and ipad from an early grave.

Otukura
02-04-2011, 12:05 AM
I just got it going on the standard AVD that comes with the Android SDK... about 5 fps. So fail.

KingFu
02-04-2011, 12:08 AM
A PC version is in the future, after they wrap up all the end game content, they'll finish up on it and throw it out there, until then, there isn't an emulator for PL to be formatted to the PC. Closest I've come is using my iPad, and hooking it up to an apple wireless keyboard and mouse, but then there aren't any macros or WASD to move around.

between
02-04-2011, 12:08 AM
yeah too slow T_T
hopefully there will be a pc version soon x.x;;

KingFu
02-04-2011, 12:09 AM
After all the end game content, so maybe around, eh, let's say version 1.8-2.0? Depends how the devs take it/wanna do it.

Otukura
02-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Forgot to close Crysis... that was hogging 8 GBs of RAM...

It's running at about 25 fps, capped there. Emulator won't let it get any higher.

Arterra
02-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Forgot to close Crysis... that was hogging 8 GBs of RAM...

It's running at about 25 fps, capped there. Emulator won't let it get any higher.

lol yea, that will make things slower...

anyways, i hope it is a browser plugin or something, instead of a client. would simply be easier.

noobmigo
02-04-2011, 08:50 AM
PC version will be the new PvP device

Otukura
02-04-2011, 08:14 PM
lol yea, that will make things slower...

anyways, i hope it is a browser plugin or something, instead of a client. would simply be easier.

I'm hoping for a client... just seem nicer to me.

skimmey
02-05-2011, 07:49 AM
PC version will be the new PvP device

Hmm cant imagine pressing 1 to 7 skills for a combo faster then touching the buttons if u ask me ^^

Ellyidol
02-05-2011, 07:59 AM
PC servers should be different from mobile servers IMO.

Idk how they're gonna do controls, but just the use of a mouse alone would be too good especially for targetting. If they do click to move, you can just mash your hotkeys away too.

PLaCiD
02-05-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure if this would work or not. You could try installing the android SDK. You can setup a virtual device for testing apps on the PC before publishing etc. I'm not sure if you can actually install APKs on that virtual device though.

I've been busy with work lately so I haven't got round to trying it. If someone does could you let me know if it works or not, thanks :)

skimmey
02-05-2011, 04:13 PM
PC servers should be different from mobile servers IMO.

Idk how they're gonna do controls, but just the use of a mouse alone would be too good especially for targetting. If they do click to move, you can just mash your hotkeys away too.
But imagine they way it takes to go from hotkey one to hotkey 7 for a combo :) but only thing what make me worry is if they can register more hotkeys at the same time like oneshot 5 skills by pressing them at once

Ellyidol
02-05-2011, 06:31 PM
But imagine they way it takes to go from hotkey one to hotkey 7 for a combo :) but only thing what make me worry is if they can register more hotkeys at the same time like oneshot 5 skills by pressing them at once

Very possible when it comes to PC. Entire combos can be put into one hotkey. Those gaming keyboards are amazing.

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Very possible when it comes to PC. Entire combos can be put into one hotkey. Those gaming keyboards are amazing.

Lol.........

ZedMaster
02-05-2011, 07:20 PM
LOL it would be pc legends

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 07:24 PM
And what about mobile it may be called sts legenda now we will go I<3SP

between
02-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Hmm cant imagine pressing 1 to 7 skills for a combo faster then touching the buttons if u ask me ^^

lol if u think thats hard try playing other mmos... :S

in aion i used ~-7 q e z x c t g h, alt ~-7 q e z x c, shift ~-7 q e z x c, and ctrl with those keys here and there... and that was only just for skills/consumables on top of aswdrf for movement/flight and then the mouse for added movement lol. WoW was the same.

im begining to doubt a pc version just because the overall advantage in pvp which would be HUGE. in fact i would only pvp with a pc in that case x.x

but also, if u want to talk about advantages... in any sort of competitive pvp, phones with bigger screens and full querty keyboards have the upper hand against people with straight up touch screens like the iphone/droidx.
i have a droid x and i find it very frustrating sometimes T_T but i am also use to the above mentioned hot key setup :s

sorry for rant -.-'

skimmey
02-06-2011, 04:57 AM
Still phones are faster beleieve me^^ cause in wow the speed factor wasnt that much important because there was a casting time and in PL its almost instant and i really doubt it i would always prefer to play pvp with my phone over pc but for pve its awesome i guess playing it on PC

jjjjaaaakkkke
02-06-2011, 10:24 AM
I have a feeling PvP will be entirely changed when PL goes out on PC.

between
02-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Still phones are faster beleieve me^^ cause in wow the speed factor wasnt that much important because there was a casting time and in PL its almost instant and i really doubt it i would always prefer to play pvp with my phone over pc but for pve its awesome i guess playing it on PC

with my PROVEN method of facerolling as i have shown people its efectiveness in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aemP9RXepx4
pc will win :o
i bet my face can hit more keys per second than your thumb can tap o.o
XD

hollen
02-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Bluetooth keyboards to bind combo macros... Dont need a pc to do it. :P

between
02-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Bluetooth keyboards to bind combo macros... Dont need a pc to do it. :P

omg i didnt even think of that D;
i think ima grab me a bluetooth keyboard this week ^.~

Phoenixking
02-06-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm cunfuzzled

between
02-06-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm cunfuzzled

about what o.o

JulsAngel
02-08-2011, 12:50 AM
why not Pocket Legends for google TV! XD

JustSayMyName
02-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Bah, if pocket legends do PC version, thats will be awesome for boters,hackers etc.. Ye, and i will be very happy, when i compare my 240x320 resolution and 22'' monitor,thats will be a very, very little difference.. If u wanna play on lolpc just download any mmo game from blizzard/ncsoft and u can be happy.. THIS IS EPIC MOBILE MMORPG, not other lolpc mmorpg

OneHITzudU
02-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I don't think it would be right to take this game to pc. It would give an unfair advantage to pc user because it will have better connection and would be easier to click what you are wanting to. If this happened pvp on mobile would be huge disadvantage imo.

PLaCiD
02-11-2011, 02:19 AM
I don't think it would be right to take this game to pc. It would give an unfair advantage to pc user because it will have better connection and would be easier to click what you are wanting to. If this happened pvp on mobile would be huge disadvantage imo.

When I play pocket legends over wi-fi it runs near perfect with almost no lag at all... I reckon having the touch screen on your phone will put you in a position of more advantage over your mouse wielding enemy ;)

DontNerfMeBro
02-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Bah, if pocket legends do PC version, thats will be awesome for boters,hackers etc.. Ye, and i will be very happy, when i compare my 240x320 resolution and 22'' monitor,thats will be a very, very little difference.. If u wanna play on lolpc just download any mmo game from blizzard/ncsoft and u can be happy.. THIS IS EPIC MOBILE MMORPG, not other lolpc mmorpg

Agreed. If I WANTED a PC MMO, I'd play AION, WoW, or Rift.

DontNerfMeBro
02-18-2011, 09:15 PM
lol if u think thats hard try playing other mmos... :S

in aion i used ~-7 q e z x c t g h, alt ~-7 q e z x c, shift ~-7 q e z x c, and ctrl with those keys here and there... and that was only just for skills/consumables on top of aswdrf for movement/flight and then the mouse for added movement lol. WoW was the same.

im begining to doubt a pc version just because the overall advantage in pvp which would be HUGE. in fact i would only pvp with a pc in that case x.x

but also, if u want to talk about advantages... in any sort of competitive pvp, phones with bigger screens and full querty keyboards have the upper hand against people with straight up touch screens like the iphone/droidx.
i have a droid x and i find it very frustrating sometimes T_T but i am also use to the above mentioned hot key setup :s

sorry for rant -.-'

I think this player sums it up best although his explanation may appear confusing to someone who has never played PC MMORPG's. To paraphrase: any adept player in a PC MMORPG will have 20+ separate items/abilities hotkeyed and be able to fluidly activate any of them as quick as most people can press the "move forward" button. These players could key every function in PL without the use of ALT, CTRL, SHIFT functions and never have to stretch their hands.

I believe making a PC version of PL undermines the purpose of its creation in the first place.

Albularyo
02-24-2011, 05:40 AM
Use bluetooth keyboard
Use monitor

Wham!

KaotiicxDream
02-24-2011, 11:05 AM
If it should come to PC, players on PC shouldn't be able to bind skills and they should only could use the mouse... then it will be almost fair if it came out to PC ;-)

Second thing... i think hackers would host lvl "Max Level" lobbys like in Modern Warfare 2 or use the famous lag switch while playing PvP.. or simply use Cheat Engine to give insane damage or something similar... Maybe hackers would hack themself to millions gold and a lot of platinum...

That is what i think and about the hack: I know what is possible with hack and this may only be the beginning..

*NOTICE* Im not thinking the game should come out to PC!

PLaCiD
02-24-2011, 11:35 AM
If it should come to PC, players on PC shouldn't be able to bind skills and they should only could use the mouse... then it will be almost fair if it came out to PC ;-)

Second thing... i think hackers would host lvl "Max Level" lobbys like in Modern Warfare 2 or use the famous lag switch while playing PvP.. or simply use Cheat Engine to give insane damage or something similar... Maybe hackers would hack themself to millions gold and a lot of platinum...

That is what i think and about the hack: I know what is possible with hack and this may only be the beginning..

*NOTICE* Im not thinking the game should come out to PC!

Hackers only exist on PCs you say lol

KaotiicxDream
02-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Hackers only exist on PCs you say lol

No that i mean is: They are lot more on PC cuz Its easier to get hack into a game on PC.. They are also on both PS3 and Xbox 360 but not that much cuz they need a transfer cable which costs 20$ for one use... of course they could use the USB Hack but that will only work for Offline matches..

Hope this explain everything ;-)

PLaCiD
02-24-2011, 12:24 PM
No that i mean is: They are lot more on PC cuz Its easier to get hack into a game on PC.. They are also on both PS3 and Xbox 360 but not that much cuz they need a transfer cable which costs 20$ for one use... of course they could use the USB Hack but that will only work for Offline matches..

Hope this explain everything ;-)

Kinda ...

the only reason I think PL should remain just a mobile game is because thats the way i like it :)

KaotiicxDream
02-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Kinda ...

the only reason I think PL should remain just a mobile game is because thats the way i like it :)

I agree buddy ;-)

adwin
02-24-2011, 02:02 PM
I just got it going on the standard AVD that comes with the Android SDK... about 5 fps. So fail.

I was just going to write about that.
Have you tried the latest 3.0 SDK?
What are your machine specs? 5FPS is kinnda fail, but there might be a reason.
Although there is support for opengl in the SDK as well, that would only be software implementation through libGLES_android (since there's no 3d hardware per se and thus no complementing OpenGL extensions)
Then again, software should run just fine on a fast machine.

There are some additional solutions, if you're desperate enough.
You could for instance download a live cd of android-x86 and boot that up.

OR

run that live cd in a vmware/parallels environment and run from there, which would be quite suicidal...

Pokechmp
02-28-2011, 08:15 PM
cool i would like it

jeannie55
03-12-2011, 01:25 PM
personally i dont like the idea of having it to PC.

althought there will be a large number of players increase, but there will soon be a lot hackers and botters as mentioned. which is bad..

and then, can the server really take the increase number of players without lag once the PC version is out? i dont think so.

Wolffen
03-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Nooo... leave it off PCs, please

Pharcyde
03-12-2011, 02:25 PM
PL most likely will not be going to the PC. Several months back, Devs said they eventually want this on the PC, they also said a lot of other things that have since then scrapped because of unseen changes, such as IOS and Android platforms blowing them away with profits. So I do not think the devs will foil this game by making it available on the PC platform.

Fallen Caccavari
03-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Would PL work on a touchscreen computer?

iVeracity
03-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Personally I would love having PL on PC...for me the virtual joystick is so awkward to use and sometimes 'locks' up my screen if I hold my thumb on it too long. Hell for that matter I would be happy with a little hardware joystick that could plug into my phone that I could use lol.