PDA

View Full Version : Problems with gear progression

Serancha
10-26-2014, 08:36 PM
STS wants us to play their game and spend our money so that everyone benefits. Them by profiting, and us by getting rewarding entertainment value for our dollar. I don't mind paying what I can when I can to support a game I enjoy and believe heavily in supporting other developers in what they do. I'll never be a plat whale, since I don't have the means for it, but have been a good, solid customer for almost 2 years.

Now, recently I made a thread here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?180524-To-STS-regarding-the-planar-arena) regarding the quality of the new gear being released, along with some other things. Here is the part of Samhayne's response relating to the gear standards:

Also, we don't want to break the current itemization plan by simply buffing the Arena gear and then break the balance for Halloween and Winter gear. So, as I mentioned previously, it is what it is right now.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Now, if you'll indulge me for a moment, I will show the stats of the new necroptic gear as compared to the mythics I am wearing currently, and have been wearing for well over a year (year and a half for the helm). I don't have mythics on my warrior because he's mostly retired, but I will compare to rogue and mage mythics.

I will grant that the new items are not gemmed, but that is only 8 damage difference to perfect. When compared with the huge drop, the problem doesn't change. You just have to look at the CS prices on these new "best" items to see how bad they are.

Necroptic helm

Rogue

Mage

Necroptic armour

Rogue

Mage

Now. It has been said before, and I will say it again. Itemization is a total failure the way it has been implemented. The developers have stated before that items are supposed to get better and better over time as a game evolved. I am not going to waste the time to find the quotes, but I recall them distinctly.

So, if the planar gear was made terrible on purpose, so as not to ruin the awesomeness of the halloween and winter gear, where is this supposed awesomeness? Why are we taking a drop of 20-30 damage over the gear we purchased at the 26 / 31 level caps? This does not encourage users to log in, run maps and spend money.

STS we implore you. PLEASE make the new gear BETTER than the old mythics. Give us a reason to play this game. I don't want to leave, or stop supporting you, and neither do any of these other players. But if you can't give us a decent quality product for our dollar, we will go and look elsewhere for someone who does. New gear is supposed to be better than old. Not worse than that we had 10-15 levels ago.

Please adjust your itemization stat calculations to account for the majority of players at end game. The majority that needs something new to farm for that they can actually use. This is not it.

SacredKnight
10-26-2014, 08:41 PM
1st Hahaha....

I agree, I also think the itemization tactic was a failure seeing as the Planar loot is no where near worth the running cost and that the very old Mythic Armor is still the best! The only worthy thing to farm is weapons in Elites, I used to do the Arena for the chests but now I spend more money in the Arena then the chest would have been worth. In the events the Great Pumpkin chests are truly useless, even locks give a rare chance at good items and are meant for the whales to swallow in the hundreds.

I wonder if STS has actually anything big planned for Christmas or even next expansion because TBH I enjoyed Ursoth's Assault over Halloween.

Limsi
10-26-2014, 08:46 PM
It's been in my mind as well.

Why don't we get better gears and have to rely and be stuck on these that we've had since the earlier seasons?

obee
10-26-2014, 08:50 PM
STS wants us to play their game and spend our money so that everyone benefits. Them by profiting, and us by getting rewarding entertainment value for our dollar. I don't mind paying what I can when I can to support a game I enjoy and believe heavily in supporting other developers in what they do. I'll never be a plat whale, since I don't have the means for it, but have been a good, solid customer for almost 2 years.

Now, recently I made a thread here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?180524-To-STS-regarding-the-planar-arena) regarding the quality of the new gear being released, along with some other things. Here is the part of Samhayne's response relating to the gear standards:

Now, if you'll indulge me for a moment, I will show the stats of the new necroptic gear as compared to the mythics I am wearing currently, and have been wearing for well over a year (year and a half for the helm). I don't have mythics on my warrior because he's mostly retired, but I will compare to rogue and mage mythics.

I will grant that the new items are not gemmed, but that is only 8 damage difference to perfect. When compared with the huge drop, the problem doesn't change. You just have to look at the CS prices on these new "best" items to see how bad they are.

Necroptic helm

Rogue

Mage

Necroptic armour

Rogue

Mage

Now. It has been said before, and I will say it again. Itemization is a total failure the way it has been implemented. The developers have stated before that items are supposed to get better and better over time as a game evolved. I am not going to waste the time to find the quotes, but I recall them distinctly.

So, if the planar gear was made terrible on purpose, so as not to ruin the awesomeness of the halloween and winter gear, where is this supposed awesomeness? Why are we taking a drop of 20-30 damage over the gear we purchased at the 26 / 31 level caps? This does not encourage users to log in, run maps and spend money.

STS we implore you. PLEASE make the new gear BETTER than the old mythics. Give us a reason to play this game. I don't want to leave, or stop supporting you, and neither do any of these other players. But if you can't give us a decent quality product for our dollar, we will go and look elsewhere for someone who does. New gear is supposed to be better than old. Not worse than that we had 10-15 levels ago.

Please adjust your itemization stat calculations to account for the majority of players at end game. The majority that needs something new to farm for that they can actually use. This is not it.
I totally agree!

Xenobiotic
10-26-2014, 08:52 PM
+1.

Awesomazing
10-26-2014, 09:02 PM
What about those who recently bought mythic armor and upgraded etc.
Wouldn't they feel discouraged to go on right after purchasing the "best" gear for millions to see it has been replaced right after by legendaries?

Make differences in them don't totally make the legendary better than mythics in all ways just in some so both will have their let's call it "spark"
Example:

Mythic = More DMG + Mana
Legendary= More HP + Armor stat

Visiting
10-26-2014, 09:10 PM
L
Wouldn't they feel discouraged to go on right after purchasing the "best" gear for millions to see it has been replaced right after by legendaries?

Make differences in them don't totally make the legendary better than mythics in all ways just in some so both will have their let's call it "spark"
Example:

Mythic = More DMG + Mana

The current mythic gear came out in S3/4, it's now S7. Don't you think it's been long enough for us to see better gear? We get new mythic/arcane weapons EVERY season, heck we have 2 lvl 36 myth wep types, and 2 lvl 41 types. The fact that there's one undisputed best armor for MANY seasons is ridiculous.

Serancha
10-26-2014, 09:10 PM

Example:

Mythic = More DMG + Mana

That's not even the point. As a game progresses, gear is supposed to get better, not worse. Did you hear people complaining they spent 20 million on mythic daggers when the mythic bow came out? No. They were happy there was something cool, new and better.

Where do you see legendary giving more hp? Nowhere.

Zeus
10-26-2014, 09:14 PM

Example:

Mythic = More DMG + Mana

Is mythic gear even a million anymore? Last I checked, it costs 1m-2m tops. In today's economy, that is not even a serious amount of gold. Really, it is the required amount of gold for players to even consider taking you on elite runs, PvP teams, etc.

Serancha is right. The mythic gear is a reason why players are bored. However, I do not think that the new necroptic gear should be better than mythics. Why? It is seasonal and will only provide an economy boost for the duration of the event. STG needs to release gear with the new tombs that is considerably better than mythics as well as replace the existing mythic set. So yes, I am hinting at two new sets of gear. Why? One set will still dry out the economy fast - within a few months actually. Having two tiers of gear will keep players entertained for some time to come. However, please do ensure that there is not a jaw dropping difference between tier 1 and tier 2. It should be enough to make players go for it but not enough that tier 2 geared players are outclassed by tier 1 geared players.

Awesomazing
10-26-2014, 09:15 PM
L

The current mythic gear came out in S3/4, it's now S7. Don't you think it's been long enough for us to see better gear? We get new mythic/arcane weapons EVERY season, heck we have 2 lvl 36 myth wep types, and 2 lvl 41 types. The fact that there's one undisputed best armor for MANY seasons is ridiculous.
True but they should not just leave it with us to liquidate for 0 gold.

Awesomazing
10-26-2014, 09:16 PM
That's not even the point. As a game progresses, gear is supposed to get better, not worse. Did you hear people complaining they spent 20 million on mythic daggers when the mythic bow came out? No. They were happy there was something cool, new and better.

Where do you see legendary giving more hp? Nowhere.
It was just an example to show that new gears would not just beat all others in every way but each but have their individual specialty.

Serancha
10-26-2014, 09:20 PM
It was just an example to show that new gears would not just beat all others in every way but each but have their individual specialty.

New gear should be better than the old gear in all ways by now. The old mythics are 3-4 seasons old

gumball3000
10-26-2014, 09:20 PM
Rich people problems. People that already have the newest mythic weapons complaining why they can't get better armors.

Maybe getting the newest and greatest weapons and rings was too easy for some of you?

Awesomazing
10-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Is mythic gear even a million anymore? Last I checked, it costs 1m-2m tops. In today's economy, that is not even a serious amount of gold. Really, it is the required amount of gold for players to even consider taking you on elite runs, PvP teams, etc.

Serancha is right. The mythic gear is a reason why players are bored. However, I do not think that the new necroptic gear should be better than mythics. Why? It is seasonal and will only provide an economy boost for the duration of the event. STG needs to release gear with the new tombs that is considerably better than mythics as well as replace the existing mythic set. So yes, I am hinting at two new sets of gear. Why? One set will still dry out the economy fast - within a few months actually. Having two tiers of gear will keep players entertained for some time to come. However, please do ensure that there is not a jaw dropping difference between tier 1 and tier 2. It should be enough to make players go for it but not enough that tier 2 geared players are outclassed by tier 1 geared players.
You have a way of putting across a message I must commend you on that and the way you sent this message I agree with you whole heatedly, don't just have one set that's the best in the whole game, but at the same time don't let those who have mythic that is not tradeable just liquidate for 0 golds.

Awesomazing
10-26-2014, 09:24 PM
New gear should be better than the old gear in all ways by now. The old mythics are 3-4 seasons old

I'm not only speaking now of old mythics, I'm speaking that in the event of new gears that are supposed to out do older ones, should not just be better in every single way than every other armour, look at what Zeus said.

Serancha
10-26-2014, 09:35 PM

Samhayne said they released the planar gear as it was so as not to "ruin the itemization with the event items". So they seemingly don't consider game-farmable gear any different than event gear. I want to know why we should be paying 5 plat a run for a chance at this junk.

If the planar arena gear is supposed to be complimented by the planar tombs gear, I highly doubt it will be any better than this.

Zeus
10-26-2014, 09:35 PM
I'm not only speaking now of old mythics, I'm speaking that in the event of new gears that are supposed to out do older ones, should not just be better in every single way than every other armour, look at what Zeus said.

I think you're misunderstanding, man. Your logic is definitely sound for any gear released closely to when mythic gear was released but that time has passed now.

Because the mythics have lasted several seasons, by now they should be completely outclassed, no? However, this isn't a bad thing. I get your point of view and I know how hard people worked to save up for these mythics. Here's the thing though...with new gear out that can be farmed, now you have a reliable income source that brings in serious gold. So, earning those millions again? It's much easier than when you had to earn those millions for mythics. Why? The economy isn't dead because there's always some product that people want to buy that is not limited to just arcane and mythic items (which are also becoming increasingly difficult to sell).

Make sense? I respect your opinion but I am just trying to show you the logic in mine and hope it changes your mind. :)

Zeus
10-26-2014, 09:37 PM
Samhayne said they released the planar gear as it was so as not to "ruin the itemization with the event items". So they seemingly don't consider game-farmable gear any different than event gear.

True. It does seem like there's some miscommunication going on. Which gear is the gear that will finally be better than mythics? As players, I think that's what many people want to know.

We've been anxiously waiting so please give something other than just a mythic amulet!

Awesomazing
10-26-2014, 09:52 PM
I think you're misunderstanding, man. Your logic is definitely sound for any gear released closely to when mythic gear was released but that time has passed now.

Because the mythics have lasted several seasons, by now they should be completely outclassed, no? However, this isn't a bad thing. I get your point of view and I know how hard people worked to save up for these mythics. Here's the thing though...with new gear out that can be farmed, now you have a reliable income source that brings in serious gold. So, earning those millions again? It's much easier than when you had to earn those millions for mythics. Why? The economy isn't dead because there's always some product that people want to buy that is not limited to just arcane and mythic items (which are also becoming increasingly difficult to sell).

Make sense? I respect your opinion but I am just trying to show you the logic in mine and hope it changes your mind. :)

Does make sense I have no problem with farmable items and I'm glad to see you understand what I'm saying.

Awesomazing
10-26-2014, 09:54 PM

Just don't want to have mythic gear that is not tradeable and was expensive, its hard for us who don't have millions all the time.

Kinda off topic but what about letting mythic armor be upgradeable to lvl 41?

Serancha
10-26-2014, 10:08 PM
Just don't want to have mythic gear that is not tradeable and was expensive, its hard for us who don't have millions all the time.

Kinda off topic but what about letting mythic armor be upgradeable to lvl 41?

No. No. Absolutely not. That's not even an option. Upgrading mythics ruined the game. Making them stay the best gear for over a year has ruined it even more. Upgrading them to 41 would destroy it utterly.

We are asking for a reason to keep logging in, playing and spending money. Having nothing to farm for, no goals to achieve and nothing to do but wait for events that cost 5 plat / run is not going to make this game have any lifespan whatsoever.

Sdbigdaddy
10-26-2014, 10:16 PM
you keep upgrading the gear and pretty soon a character will walk around Brakenridge and mops die instantly. here's something sneaky: what if weapons/armour/ everything got better yet it wasn't any easier killing pve? sts could scale everything up. pvp is where players would have to keep up. Then again this would be bad news for new players definitely.

Serancha
10-26-2014, 10:18 PM
you keep upgrading the gear and pretty soon a character will walk around Brakenridge and mops die instantly. here's something sneaky: what if weapons/armour/ everything got better yet it wasn't any easier killing pve? sts could scale everything up. pvp is where players would have to keep up. Then again this would be bad news for new players definitely.

It already works this way, they just don't admit it ;)

Allocate
10-27-2014, 01:31 AM
Their gear system is different from other MMO's; they have Legendary, Mythic and Arcane levels.

Every endgame gear isn't necessarily the best i.e. level 31 Maul still being used at level 41.

Therefore, a legendary rarity cannot and will never ever be better than a Mythic rarity gear unless the level difference is quite significant i.e. 30-31 Doom, Blood worse than 41 Elondrians.

That being said, I would never pay for a game like this. It's too based on real $$, most of the bosses are nasty and it's not fun (Paracelsus), horrible drop system (chests), the energy system, there is absolutely nothing in this game that I want to buy even to gift my friends. I have money, I'm not cheap but there is nothing...

Yeah, it's true I can get by without paying real $$ but there isn't anything motivating me to spend $$ either, not even two dollars($2) let alone thousands ($1000)! Regardless, it's enjoyable with friends and as long as people are willing to spend money (it's their money) then STS won't ever change. You think they care if you don't like the gear? They know you will spend $$ because you can't stop and will keep spending $$.

That's not even the real issue. I'm shaking my head at the people grinding for those vanities trying to be the best in a virtual world where nothing matters. Is your real life really that bad? You have to put your real life on hold just so you can obtain a pixel on your screen?

Also, the leader board system is a health hazard, STS encourages it and they aren't responsible if any of you idiots drop and die. It's ok they will have made their money by then anyway.

Anarchist
10-27-2014, 02:06 AM
If people want to run for LB for the vanities its their business, gold and dollars so reserve them real life comments for yourself.

This said upgradeable mythic should have already be beaten by the legendary armor lootable from elite tindirin, sts said then that due to itemization system they chose to postpone that time.
Months have past new gears have come and upgraded mythic are still the best.

Personally i think while the endgame players want new armors sts considers the point of view from the average player who values his upgraded armor much and would probably not want anything better than it.

BUT!

CONCLUSION : Sts said a new mythic amulet is coming and its gonna be entirely farmable so i say why not make in future the armor and the helm available too that way, this should make both the average and endgame players satisfied.

Magegrimm
10-27-2014, 02:21 AM
Totally agree I'm not spending another dollar in arcane legends until they show me that my money is spent in a good game.

Anarchist
10-27-2014, 02:31 AM
Another observation.

COURAGE:

That pet looks totally like.....a way of gathering money from the players. Probably sts is fully aware that revenue has decreased and it is decreasing.

Serancha
10-27-2014, 03:18 AM
Let's stay on topic please. This thread is about quality of gear, or rather, the lack of it. Not about STS wanting money or releasing vanity pets. Thanks.

Haligali
10-27-2014, 03:42 AM
If people want to run for LB for the vanities its their business, gold and dollars so reserve them real life comments for yourself. Speakin from a economic point of view they are wasting their gold cause if they spending 10m/day like some runners said those vanities will not cover the cost at the end of they day.

This said upgradeable mythic should have already be beaten by the legendary armor lootable from elite tindirin, sts said then that due to itemization system they chose to postpone that time.
Months have past new gears have come and upgraded mythic are still the best.

Personally i think while the endgame players want new armors sts considers the point of view from the average player who values his upgraded armor much and would probably not want anything better than it.

BUT!

CONCLUSION : Sts said a new mythic amulet is coming and its gonna be entirely farmable so i say why not make in future the armor and the helm available too that way, this should make both the average and endgame players satisfied.

10m/day? Whos that lol.

Küldve az én Nexus 4-emről

Energizeric
10-27-2014, 04:50 AM
Here is the current problems with the economy:

The current mythic helm, armor and ring have now all been available for 3-4 seasons (well over a year). That's 3 out of the 5 gear slots, and many of us have not needed a replacement for those 3 slots. Yes, some people have an arcane ring, but that is a super rare item.

As the past year has progressed and the price of the mythic helm, armor and ring have dropped, more and more players have been able to afford to buy them. And that leaves fewer and fewer players using legendary gear in those 3 slots. So as each new season comes and goes, the potential buyers of legendary gear become fewer and fewer. So the prices on this legendary gear gets lower and lower.

Early in season 4, when mythic armor was first released, the best legendary noble armors were still selling for 1-2m, while the mythic armor was 9-12m. I ran half of season 4 using a noble armor along with my mythic helm. The mythic helms were around 3-4m at that point, so noble helms were still 500k+.

Now what are the best legendary armors and helms? 100K if even that?

You will notice the legendary amulets are going for a good amount of gold. That is because they are on par, or in some cases better, than the mythic amulets.

So yes, having the mythic helm and armor last for so long has killed the economy. At the time when the mythic upgrade quest was released in season 5, I said that it was way too easy and needed to be more of a challenge and perhaps even have some significant cost associated with it. But instead it was easy, and now you can get the best helm and armor in the game for about 1.5m combined. So what then happens to the best legendary items?

As for weapons, really only the warrior legendary weapons are selling for decent amounts. Why is that? It's because most mages prefer guns and most rogues prefer bows. So when your best legendary gun and bow costs 1k and comes from locked crates, why would someone spend 1m+ on a staff/dagger that actually gives less damage? So prices of the farmable legendary mage and rogue weapons have suffered because of this.

What STS should really do is either make the legendary crate items way more rare than they are (which will increase their prices proportionally, so crates openers should not be affected), or else make a slightly better legendary gun and bow that drop in elites. Then the cheap ones will be the common ones, but there will be a slightly better one available at a higher cost. Because it is ridiculous that the best gun costs 15m, but the second best gun cost 800 gold. How about something in the middle that can be farmed and maybe sold at a cost of 1-2m? The same goes for the bow.

This could even be something that comes in a special event, or maybe drops from the arena. But it is something sorely needed in this game. The same goes for the mythic ring. The best ring cost 100m+, but the second best ring cost 700k? Where is the middle ground? It's like saying if I cannot afford a Ferrari, then instead I must ride a bicycle.

Anarchist
10-27-2014, 04:58 AM
Let's stay on topic please. This thread is about quality of gear, or rather, the lack of it. Not about STS wanting money or releasing vanity pets. Thanks.

Its all connected.

Haligali

I didn't read correctly, rogue cost/day should be around 3/4m.

Serancha
10-27-2014, 05:24 AM
Calculated Leaderboard costs are posted here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?182828-Throughts-on-the-energy-and-lb-system)

Limsi
10-27-2014, 05:51 AM
Here is the current problems with the economy:

The current mythic helm, armor and ring have now all been available for 3-4 seasons (well over a year). That's 3 out of the 5 gear slots, and many of us have not needed a replacement for those 3 slots. Yes, some people have an arcane ring, but that is a super rare item.

As the past year has progressed and the price of the mythic helm, armor and ring have dropped, more and more players have been able to afford to buy them. And that leaves fewer and fewer players using legendary gear in those 3 slots. So as each new season comes and goes, the potential buyers of legendary gear become fewer and fewer. So the prices on this legendary gear gets lower and lower.

Early in season 4, when mythic armor was first released, the best legendary noble armors were still selling for 1-2m, while the mythic armor was 9-12m. I ran half of season 4 using a noble armor along with my mythic helm. The mythic helms were around 3-4m at that point, so noble helms were still 500k+.

Now what are the best legendary armors and helms? 100K if even that?

You will notice the legendary amulets are going for a good amount of gold. That is because they are on par, or in some cases better, than the mythic amulets.

So yes, having the mythic helm and armor last for so long has killed the economy. At the time when the mythic upgrade quest was released in season 5, I said that it was way too easy and needed to be more of a challenge and perhaps even have some significant cost associated with it. But instead it was easy, and now you can get the best helm and armor in the game for about 1.5m combined. So what then happens to the best legendary items?

As for weapons, really only the warrior legendary weapons are selling for decent amounts. Why is that? It's because most mages prefer guns and most rogues prefer bows. So when your best legendary gun and bow costs 1k and comes from locked crates, why would someone spend 1m+ on a staff/dagger that actually gives less damage? So prices of the farmable legendary mage and rogue weapons have suffered because of this.

What STS should really do is either make the legendary crate items way more rare than they are (which will increase their prices proportionally, so crates openers should not be affected), or else make a slightly better legendary gun and bow that drop in elites. Then the cheap ones will be the common ones, but there will be a slightly better one available at a higher cost. Because it is ridiculous that the best gun costs 15m, but the second best gun cost 800 gold. How about something in the middle that can be farmed and maybe sold at a cost of 1-2m? The same goes for the bow.

This could even be something that comes in a special event, or maybe drops from the arena. But it is something sorely needed in this game. The same goes for the mythic ring. The best ring cost 100m+, but the second best ring cost 700k? Where is the middle ground? It's like saying if I cannot afford a Ferrari, then instead I must ride a bicycle.

You speak my mind. This is yet the best post I have seen in my history of A.L. foruming

.no
10-27-2014, 09:48 AM
--Give us a reason to play this game. I don't want to leave, or stop supporting you, and neither do any of these other players. But if you can't give us a decent quality product for our dollar, we will go and look elsewhere for someone who does. ---

This statement I completely agree with. I stopped investing in the game via plat offers, or just directly buying plat because the cost of the platinum vs what I get in game, isn't worth it. The only time plat is worth the money, is for pets. Otherwise your stuck gambling on a bs locked crate.

I play another game on console. Somewhat same idea here, free to play, with pay to win option. The difference, when I spend $20 there, I am guaranteed a high quality, useful, better-than-what-I-had item for my character. Also in a lottery style setup. They have a system of opening packets and receive an item. With the 6th or 12th pack opened, depending on if you want limited edition items, you receive a guaranteed great item. Because my money goes much further, and never feels wasted in that game, I KEEP SPENDING.

The console game I play, just like arcane legends, has a shelf life- as in, both games won't always be around for you to play. Unlike a disc game that lasts indefinitely. When I look back on the console game I play, and CONTINUOUSLY SPEND in, will I see wasted money? Nope. When I look at arcane legends-yep, lots of wasted money.

ayylmao
10-27-2014, 10:04 AM
If they replaced mythic gear every two seasons you guys would just complain that they're forcing you to buy plat to compete with the "elite" players.

.no
10-27-2014, 10:07 AM
If they replaced mythic gear every two seasons you guys would just complain that they're forcing you to buy plat to compete with the "elite" players.

Not really, most here are asking for farmable items. Which does not necessarily need plat to do.

jiph
10-27-2014, 10:10 AM
If you wanna go play another game do as you please this is a free game you are the one taking short cuts by buying platinum so I don't agree.Mythic armor is the best you just need skills and better gear and remember you are a rogue or mage so you die a lot and spend all your money on pots so stop complaining and let sts do their job

.no
10-27-2014, 10:13 AM
If you wanna go play another game do as you please this is a free game you are the one taking short cuts by buying platinum so I don't agree.Mythic armor is the best you just need skills and better gear and remember you are a rogue or mage so you die a lot and spend all your money on pots so stop complaining and let sts do their job

lol

Serancha
10-27-2014, 10:51 AM

The game's development requires people to buy plat. The staff needs to be paid since this is their job. Nothing is actually free, it's just that those who don't buy plat are covered by those who do. However, those who are buying plat need to see value for their dollar or else the system breaks. Releasing worse gear every season is not value. That's the issue.

bruceboster
10-27-2014, 11:59 AM
I dont understand why STS only increase Armor, Armor, and Armor.

Energizeric
10-27-2014, 02:30 PM
I dont understand why STS only increase Armor, Armor, and Armor.

They need to increase armor. Have you participated in end game PvP? 1-2 hits and you are dead. Fights last 2 seconds. What we need is to increase armor and health, not more damage.

The only problem thus far is that in order to get the increased health, we have to give up significant damage. I'd like to see gear for next season that does not give us big damage increases, but instead increases armor and health.

As we have had mythic helms, armors, rings and amulets already now for 4 seasons, it would be smart if STS skipped releasing new mythic or arcane weapons next season and instead released new mythic helms, armors and rings (amulets are coming later this season from what I understand). If anything, just have another version of the same level 41 mythic weapons released. They did that last year with the glaive/bonesaw being the same weapon. That should help with this issue.

alxe
10-27-2014, 03:13 PM
in season 5 tarloks were closest to mythi. it not prefect and was like 20 dmg defrint but still better for who cant spent 3m per set insted buying a set for 400-600 k is pretty awsome! now druid are pretty fine but it make a rog/mage a semi tank that cant survive coz bosses/elite mobs crit for 5k dmg :/

Serancha
10-27-2014, 05:40 PM
They need to increase armor. Have you participated in end game PvP? 1-2 hits and you are dead. Fights last 2 seconds. What we need is to increase armor and health, not more damage.

The only problem thus far is that in order to get the increased health, we have to give up significant damage. I'd like to see gear for next season that does not give us big damage increases, but instead increases armor and health.

Correct. We don't expect to see massive damage increases, however, we do not expect to be taking a 20-40 damage drop over our current gear for a minimal amount of armor. When you give up that much damage you need more than a little bit more armour, since you have to survive way more hits than you would otherwise. The current new gear gives none of this, however, since it also tanks our hp.

And although we may not expect huge increases in damage, we do expect to see some increase over the mythics that are over a year old.

Allison
10-27-2014, 06:20 PM

Necroptic helm

Rogue

Mage

Necroptic armour

Rogue

Mage

Amen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

bruceboster
10-27-2014, 07:00 PM

As we have had mythic helms, armors, rings and amulets already now for 4 seasons, it would be smart if STS skipped releasing new mythic or arcane weapons next season and instead released new mythic helms, armors and rings (amulets are coming later this season from what I understand). If anything, just have another version of the same level 41 mythic weapons released. They did that last year with the glaive/bonesaw being the same weapon. That should help with this issue.
Only armor dude but -hp. Ex: planar has more armor but less hp. Necroptic more armor and less hp. Is it well? They are only increase more armor every new gears but lack hp. It is so bad. New gears make planar arena more died except if new myth amulet come later.

Energizeric
10-27-2014, 08:45 PM
Only armor dude but -hp. Ex: planar has more armor but less hp. Necroptic more armor and less hp. Is it well? They are only increase more armor every new gears but lack hp. It is so bad. New gears make planar arena more died except if new myth amulet come later.

Apparently that is the case for rogues, but for mages we get significantly more hp and armor with ancient druid, living spirit, hellish and necro. But unfortunately we take about a 40-50 damage loss and also lose around 8% crit in the process. I'd like to see the next set of mythic armors and helms have similar damage and crit to the current versions, but give big increases in health, armor and perhaps even dodge %.

And they should make the level 46 elite dungeons scale with this in mind, meaning mobs and bosses should not have significantly more health than level 41 mobs and bosses, but they should hit harder (to account for our increased health and armor).

bruceboster
10-27-2014, 09:29 PM
Apparently that is the case for rogues, but for mages we get significantly more hp and armor with ancient druid, living spirit, hellish and necro. But unfortunately we take about a 40-50 damage loss and also lose around 8% crit in the process. I'd like to see the next set of mythic armors and helms have similar damage and crit to the current versions, but give big increases in health, armor and perhaps even dodge %.

And they should make the level 46 elite dungeons scale with this in mind, meaning mobs and bosses should not have significantly more health than level 41 mobs and bosses, but they should hit harder (to account for our increased health and armor).
Yep. I agree with u. This answer not make me confuse anymore. Thanks :)

matanofx
10-27-2014, 11:41 PM
Mythic weapons are supposed to be the top or have merit over other items for their current season and the 1 season that follows it

Im not counting season 3 & 4 here since mythics were upgraded during season 5

Mythics were upgraded during season 5, they were absolutely top for season 5 and 6, it is now season 7 guys =] this, THIS is the time to give us something better, even before the new expansion cap

I dont think it should be event gear that beats upgraded mythic gear because events last weeks not months, but now is the time to give us something better to aim for...

Something that makes the older mythics even cheaper for the new guys and that is better than but not better by a long shot, just better. (something=set armor&helm+ring)

Edit- when it comes, please make lvl36 mythic gear trade-able cause lets face it, #whythehellnot

Serancha
10-28-2014, 02:49 AM
You're more generous than most people Mata, to consider a 2 hour upgrade the same as an entire new gear set. I do understand what you're saying and (I think) why. However, we have been requesting new gear for a year now, since it became apparent that the upgrade did nothing but hurt the player community. I believe most feel that unless you have to farm to obtain a better set of items to replace what you're wearing, it's not new.

Without any new achievements to earn - achievements that make sense, and do not involve ruining an entire section of the game like the flag ap - and nothing new to farm for, nothing of value to sell, what is left to do?

It starts with gear. We need better gear than what we are wearing, if only for something to focus on and so we can farm and make money by playing the game.

Popping crates for a chance at an arcane item, since that's all that's worth anything, is not playing. (I am not including the event crates in this statement, since they are event items and not part of the main game)

Robhawk
10-28-2014, 05:01 AM

The problem is you wont fix our class with that! Why?
Because rogues and warriors items also get better! So while we get more hp/armor, f.e. rogues get more dmg/crit... whats the point for mages to have more hp/armor on items then? Its useless...

BTT: Yes, there should be new and BETTER items then the VERY old myth helmets and armors, its obvious - STS just needs to see it too!

famousfame
10-28-2014, 06:00 AM
Upgraded mythics are lvl36 which mean they won't be outdated till lvl46, sts have said before that mythics are good for 2 lvl caps and arcanes for 3 lvl caps. They've stuck to their word on this which is quite impressive considering sts main priorities are to make $$$$, however 2 points which are real disappointing 1) they release mythic weapons every cap outdating previous weps and costing gamers millions, 2) new event pinks are supposed to eclipse previous event pinks which is clearly not the case here, all I'm asking for is slight armour and HP increase they can keep dmg low if they want.

xbadulaserosx
10-28-2014, 06:54 AM
I agree w this topic, but to simplify things up, just upgrade lvl 36 myths to lvl 41, redesign, recolor, and improve stats, in that way people wont complain because we already have it, (myth armor , helm) and if it gemmed already let it be stayed as you upgrade your gear. You might disagree with me, but instead of topping up plats w real money to open locks or exchange gold, just upgrade it we bought our armors and helm in the first place..

I know sts wants to earn by releasing new gears to feed them or to pay their bills, but if they cannot refernish or polish as they release a new content every season or event why will we pay for it if we will complain at the end lol ,might as well just upgrade things no stress no dramas, Simple and effective no plats just upgrade.
-Peace (\/,,)

Serancha
10-28-2014, 11:00 AM
I agree w this topic, but to simplify things up, just upgrade lvl 36 myths to lvl 41, redesign, recolor, and improve stats, in that way people wont complain because we already have it, (myth armor , helm) and if it gemmed already let it be stayed as you upgrade your gear. You might disagree with me, but instead of topping up plats w real money to open locks or exchange gold, just upgrade it we bought our armors and helm in the first place..

I know sts wants to earn by releasing new gears to feed them or to pay their bills, but if they cannot refernish or polish as they release a new content every season or event why will we pay for it if we will complain at the end lol ,might as well just upgrade things no stress no dramas, Simple and effective no plats just upgrade.
-Peace (\/,,)

No more upgrading. Please people, think!

If you believe that's the answer you clearly don't understand the whole point of the topic.

matanofx
10-28-2014, 11:27 AM

-Peace (\/,,)

Sorry but lol

You just took everything the OP said, squashed it into a little ball, stepped on it and kicked it down the sewer pipes.

The last thing that we need is another mythic upgrade, no, what we're talking about here is NEW gear

octavos
10-28-2014, 11:29 AM
A simple answer to this thread is NO, I wouldn't pay money for these....thats why i'm staying as a legendary gear player.

Paulnaj
10-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Elondrian sets are better than mythic. Now go and check it out. Now that i told you this, the price will go high.

Xenobiotic
10-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Elondrian sets are better than mythic. Now go and check it out. Now that i told you this, the price will go high.

Is that a joke?

Serancha
10-28-2014, 04:39 PM
A simple answer to this thread is NO, I wouldn't pay money for these....thats why i'm staying as a legendary gear player.

Hate to tell you, these are the new and supposed best legendaries. That's the whole problem.

octavos
10-28-2014, 04:50 PM
Hate to tell you, these are the new and supposed best legendaries. That's the whole problem.

Thats the problem, that if its legendary (and plentiful) i'll get it. I have no incentive to use the best gear. Its like a new car...it starts losing value as soon as its off the lot. Same with weapons and armor. Only things like pets and vanities is all I play for. Now LB stuff is just an unfair advantage (money talks obviously) that only the same people are always at the top. now like your other thread finding alternatives to energy..i can see these top players spending WAY MORE to stay on top lol.

What you are suggesting is a pain for plat players on LB. because the competition will be more fierce. I don't care really about LB because the average ftp players cant EVER join it.

Remember Me
10-28-2014, 10:05 PM
I don't believe much of the game has received proper planning, such as the maul, ring, and definitely SnS..

Arpluvial
10-28-2014, 11:21 PM
Hey everyone! :)

I cleaned up this thread. Let's make sure we are keeping things constructive, on track, and friendly. Thank you! :)

Serancha
10-29-2014, 12:53 AM
Hmm missed whatever that was. Thanks Arpy.

Thanks also to Justg for the new, more politically correct thread title. :)

CheifR
11-03-2014, 03:56 AM
I think point all of you are trying to get across is simple: Its an old and long term game so it needs a larger variety of gear!(Coming from someone full legendary) no, i would definitely not be upset if i just bought something mythic and they add better stuff because it gives me a point to keep playing.