PDA

View Full Version : Paracelsus stone effect affecting medical issues

Serancha
10-26-2014, 09:05 PM
I have a number of medical conditions that I don't feel are necessary to disclose publicly. However, the fact they exist are relevant now because I can no longer stay in any town with multiple people wearing these stones.

The spinning / whirling effect is causing dizziness, nausea and migraine headaches within less than a 5 minute timespan. I admit I am more sensitive than most, but if I react that quickly, longer exposure to more stones is going to be affecting others as well. It is very unpleasant and I have had to change zones and/or log off to get away from it already, and not a large percentage of the population is wearing them yet.

I do not have epilepsy, but it is likely that a number of players do. This could potentially be an issue for them as well. But a high number of people do suffer migraines, and unfortunately there is something about this graphic that is triggering them. Replacing it with something subtle like the mythic amulet graphic would be greatly appreciated.

I play as much as I do because I am unable to work full time due to medical issues. I'd hate to be unable to keep this game as a pastime.

Thank you for your consideration.

Gensin
10-26-2014, 10:29 PM
Same.

Atleast remove them in the option of Disable camera effects.

Serancha
10-26-2014, 11:57 PM
For more concerns about the visual effects of the stone see the threads here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?183005-Remake-Paracelsus-Glow-Effect) and here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?182579-Rudolf-turn-down-the-glow-))

Raregem
10-27-2014, 01:14 AM
It also makes me nauseated and dizzy. I'm prone to motion sickness and it was really hard to play, which resulted in me selling the item I gemmed. I can't stay in towns with a bunch either.

Why not make it similar to the elo wand or nom nom effect? It's beautiful and reminds me of a gem. It could be a teal/blue.

Valkiryas
10-27-2014, 01:23 AM
The Effect is Ugly too ... I just Dislike how it's looks

Kakashis
10-27-2014, 01:32 AM
maybe have an option to turn it off in options, but I love the look! the arcane ring halo's make me dizzy XD

Gensin
10-27-2014, 01:44 AM
Imagine,

Wearing a parcelsus stone, arcane ring, fire bug elixir, procing the wild talisman and procing the expedition blades for rogue that makes glowy effect. Your the sun now.

Madnex
10-27-2014, 05:46 AM
Medical issues is not the only concern here. More visual effects equals more GPU needed in order to play and compete in the game without frame skips. And graphic "lag" can be as bad as the actual ping latency. Now imagine both of those combined, which is happening in game at the moment.

We moved from a few blue flying dots (mythic amulet effect) and Firebug's/Kershal's fairy (limited and isolated cases) to every single player owning a huge moving ghost banner and having an orange-octagon pulse effect around him (Paracelsus' stone).

If we could include either, both or more of those effects in the "Hide other player buffs" in Options, it'd be awesome. The GPU requirements to sufficiently enjoy the game are currently moving away from the casual mobile gamer's reach.

Ticklish
10-27-2014, 06:21 AM
I don't have a medical condition and my vision is (supposed to be) 20/20, but since a few days ago I've been feeling nauseous and having headaches. My eyes feel strained, and I've kept my playing hours to a minimum already. It's so bad that I've scheduled a visit to an optometrist, thinking that I might need glasses already.

STS, we LOVE the idea of the new gems. We've asked so long for items or gems that will make our builds more diverse and you've given us a few already. Please, consider our requests to tone down or revise the aura of the Paracelsus stone. I haven't put mine on any item yet. I fear that I might not be able to play at all if I do so.

Winning suggestions so far:
1. Raregem - make it similar to Elo wand or Necronomnomicon effect, only teal/blue

2. Puffinnn - forerunner effect

3. Something similar, or perhaps more subtle than the firebug/arcane staff aura. I'd prefer if it didn't have the big ball going around the toon, just the sparkles.

I'm sure I missed other great suggestions, but these are the ones I love best.

Haligali
10-27-2014, 06:21 AM
Imagine,

Wearing a parcelsus stone, arcane ring, fire bug elixir, procing the wild talisman and procing the expedition blades for rogue that makes glowy effect. Your the sun now.

Im selling now my wild talisman, because when it proc str (red glow) i mix with bosses zed zone.

Dracknor
10-27-2014, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the feedback! I'll bring it up to the team. :)

Raregem
10-27-2014, 09:26 AM
Im selling now my wild talisman, because when it proc str (red glow) i mix with bosses zed zone.

I can't tell you how many times I've ran from myself in boss fights on the strength proc..lol

Haligali
10-27-2014, 09:49 AM
I can't tell you how many times I've ran from myself in boss fights on the strength proc..lol

same, its very confusing.

Axesam
10-27-2014, 11:07 AM
Imagine,

plus ethyl AA

Serancha
10-27-2014, 12:56 PM
I don't have a medical condition and my vision is (supposed to be) 20/20, but since a few days ago I've been feeling nauseous and having headaches. My eyes feel strained, and I've kept my playing hours to a minimum already. It's so bad that I've scheduled a visit to an optometrist, thinking that I might need glasses already.

I think you'll find it's not your eyes. I tried actually wearing one of these stones last night, and lasted 3 minutes before I had to take it off. The reaction it causes is very strong and appears to come on very quickly for anyone who is susceptable to the specific motion / light trigger.

Raregem
10-27-2014, 03:58 PM
Sam posted a sneak peek of the changes here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?183005-Remake-Paracelsus-Glow-Effect&p=1886001&viewfull=1#post1886001
No more spinning yay!

Ticklish
10-27-2014, 04:13 PM
I think you'll find it's not your eyes. I tried actually wearing one of these stones last night, and lasted 3 minutes before I had to take it off. The reaction it causes is very strong and appears to come on very quickly for anyone who is susceptable to the specific motion / light trigger.

I haven't even tried wearing a soul stone gemmed item. I normally take my AR off when just chatting around cause I also tend to look at the spinning effect and get dizzy. I close my eyes every time I remap to rest them a bit, it helps a little.

Niixed
10-27-2014, 10:28 PM

I don't have any condition, but the effect isn't pleasant to watch right now. I find myself looking away. I like the change with the dialed-back center glow, I don't wince when I look at it.

Gensin
10-28-2014, 09:43 PM
fear not anymore,

Serancha
10-30-2014, 06:34 AM
Thanks to the dev team and Sam for the fast and excellent job in fixing this. It's much much better now, and the effort is appreciated, big time.