PDA

View Full Version : Essence drop rate, silent nerf?

.no
10-27-2014, 07:54 AM
Farming for 2 hours straight, many dif maps, only got 3 essences. Running luck elixr and amulet.

Same for others?

cheoekar
10-27-2014, 07:58 AM
log off for a bit and try again later your luck should change, try wt4 or windmoor habore/ skull cove

.no
10-27-2014, 08:06 AM
Ya, I'm running all watchers tombs. At the start of the event, drop rate was much better.

Gensin
10-27-2014, 08:30 AM
Same, Im feeling a secret nerf here. It is incredibly obsurd, only 1 essence i get in the map that has the most mobs. (Wt4)

cheoekar
10-27-2014, 09:07 AM
have you tried running at diff times of the day, that helps me when i have bad luck

.no
10-27-2014, 09:17 AM
I have been farming essences since the start of the event. Was able to fill all crafting slots within an hour or so. I am also managing 5 chars to gold tier at the same time. All by farming essences. There is definitely a change in necro/energy essences drop rate.

Raregem
10-27-2014, 09:32 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I'm also managing several alts by farming alone. Before it would take me an hour to an hour and thirty tops. Now to get 15 essences it's taking me 2.5-3 hours. This is soild wt4 runs back-to-back averaging 4 mins.

If they did Nerf it, I'm guessing they weren't making enough money on plat energy kit sales.

3 hours of farming plus craft time... For 5 runs, 20 mins of the event...

If I get anymore "normal" essences I may scream.

Anarchist
10-27-2014, 09:38 AM
Lol@glacial gems.

Arachnophobik
10-27-2014, 09:45 AM
I felt that too. On the first day i get so much bones rather than energies, nowadays i get more fire gems and glacials than bones or energy

Goodhabbit
10-27-2014, 09:49 AM
Tried to examine things, ran 30 times in wt4 and got 12energy essences while the bones are 32 ... i think it is not nerfed. The bones have higher chance to drop than the energy and there were also other essences, so it overwhelmed the chance to drop of energy essences. This is an opinion. But yeah, had a feeling that its been harder to farm energy essences compare last ursoth event.

.no
10-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Tried to examine things, ran 30 times in wt4 and got 12energy essences while the bones are 32 ... i think it is not nerfed. The bones have higher chance to drop than the energy and there were also other essences, so it overwhelmed the chance to drop of energy essences. This is an opinion. But yeah, had a feeling that its been harder to farm energy essences compare last ursoth event.

If only you could share essences....lol. Three hours of farming today, crafted two items -_- Doesn't make sense

Serancha
10-27-2014, 10:55 AM
I got about 200 essences in 5-6 hours last night. Some runs had 1, others had 6 or 8. Carapace said the drop rate is identical to that of Ursoth.

Note that mobs spawned by witches do NOT drop essences, so are just wasted effort. WT4 may have the most mobs, but many of those mobs have no chance to give you anything.

Testing showed that WT4 gives 6 extra essences per hour of runtime over KT4. The extra potion costs required for WT4 do not make this an economical place to farm them. Better off in kraag where every mob you kill had a chance to drop. I suggest using mage to farm if you have one, since they are the tomb kings of the game.

Kakashis
10-27-2014, 12:25 PM
I ran wt4 a few times and only had one energy ball :(

Iahwahska
10-27-2014, 12:42 PM
It's actually picked up a bit for me.
If a zone isn't paying out I just switch to another.
Basically all luck and persistence no nerf that I can see.

kyou19
10-27-2014, 03:19 PM
The elondrian event had better energy essence drop rate... I'm pretty sure they nerfed the drop rate (and I'm also sure they will lie about it).

Samhayne
10-27-2014, 03:57 PM
No nurfs, guys. Just, you know, how the mind plays tricks on you when you are looking for something long enough like this. It was the same in EverQuest back in the day - whenever there was a new patch we'd see a spike in complaints about how the rate of mana regen was nurfed. It wasn't - it was just that people playing casters stared at their mana bar enough that they started believing that something was changed.

Take a break, get some time away and then give it another go. All good things in moderation, after all!

Have fun!

Raregem
10-27-2014, 04:02 PM
No nurfs, guys. Just, you know, how the mind plays tricks on you when you are looking for something long enough like this. It was the same in EverQuest back in the day - whenever there was a new patch we'd see a spike in complaints about how the rate of mana regen was nurfed. It wasn't - it was just that people playing casters stared at their mana bar enough that they started believing that something was changed.

Take a break, get some time away and then give it another go. All good things in moderation, after all!

Have fun!

Lol this so true...

Thx for the response

.no
10-28-2014, 03:53 AM
Yes, thanks. And the essence drops have sort of improved, still long patches of just fire or glacial.

mrshield
10-28-2014, 05:11 AM
Its all about luck :).