PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's advices or How to survive in the cutthroat world.

rstilzchen
10-27-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm not the oldest player of AL and play PvP even less time. But this time gave me some valuable experience that I want to share.

I'm not the pro, even in my class (mage). Some of my methods clearly unprofessional. In this thread will not be grandiose solutions to all PvP problems. Only a few obvious (but not for everyone) hints.

I do not want to offend anyone on this topic. If I did it by accident, you know where to find me.

As I said, I play for mage. But I play with / against players of another classes, so I hope that everyone will find here something useful.

I always adhere to fair play. So many of you will find some things stupid. Just skip it.

Oh, and one more important thing. Unfortunately, all I'll write here more concerned with TDM, not CTF. Since CTF game much more dirtier, too hard to get there any experience, even for me. Or especially for me ;)

So, I'll start.

What you need to come to PvP zones.

The most important thing is a good connection. Does not matter what equipment you have, if your ping is red. During battle you can understand that your ping is poor as follows:
• After you use the skill it takes some time before cooldown starts.
• Trulle periodically disappear and reappear behind your back.
• You often die from arrows flying out of nowhere.
• You able to understand what's going on around again when people are already starting to talk gg to each other.

If you notice these symptoms, please refrain from PvPing awhile. This will keep your KDR and KDR of innocent people.

And please, if your ping starts to increase with the speed of sound (a sign that is about to happen disconnection), close the game. You could not help your team as a corpse, lying in the corner. Also, your team and the opponents will be able to better understand how many people actually playing.

With regard of gear. Each of us wants to get the full enjoyment of the game. It explains that players with poor gear come from time to time in PvP areas. But if you do it, be aware that someone with the best gear equates you to himself. Or two someone. Or even three.

So be careful! Instead of pleasure, you may find only frustration and disappointment.

Next thing is good nerves. No one will feel sorry for you here. There is no God, there is no karma, there are no judges. Take this seriously, it's not a joke.

Before you go into the PvP zone.
• Make sure you have changed leprechaun pendant to combat amulet.
• Make sure that you wear your gear. On average, people say "wtf" 2-3 times before they realize that under the vanity they have only underwear.
• Finish all of the conversations that you have had. Players manage to kill you faster than you can type "hi" in guildchat, not to mention something longer. And you have no right to blame them for it.
• Take a break from your favorite series or TV program. PvP requires your full attention.

A few words about the behavior.

As I said earlier, there are no judges. Everyone judges himself. Only you define your model of behavior. My insistent advice (though usually no one wants to hear it) - remain human. Although this is a game, remember that behind toons are real people. And you may really hurt someone. I do not think you would be happy if you would met on the dark street 4 healthy bully and would beaten with bats. Remember it when you need to cool your ardor.

Gangs. Do it because everyone is doing, it's wrong. On the other hand, if someone plays against you dirty, is it wise to play against him fair? Punish your abusers is okay, but be sure that this does not affect innocent people.

Block. Do not even want to talk about it. I memorize the names of blockers, and when I see them, join opposite and farm them (if i can). The way you’ll do depends on you.

Trashtalking. Try to keep yourself in hand. Do not give in to provocations. If your self-esteem allows to do it, use it to win (of course I mean revenge abuser).

If you encounter any of these manifestations, feel free to leave. Not always we have the opportunity to punish the offenders right in the moment.

General tips.
• Do you really think that trees and troll are just decorations? You're wrong, it's your allies! Tree or stump can help you get a second, which you need to end cooldown. Troll can markedly reduce opponent's HP and also allow to avoid opponent’s hits (the second method is best to use a rogue, hiding behind troll’s huge body and running between his legs). It is not cowardice, it is a tactic!
• Do not be lazy to change your skill build. I do not know how it happens with rogues and warriors, but the smurf must constantly change skill build depending on the situation. I can speak about builds only for mages, so I moved it to a separate section.
• When you are close to death, use all the skills that are available to you without charging them (not sure it works for each class). You will not feel so lonely in the next world, if you can take with you a couple of enemies!
• Move. Honestly, I could not understand for a long time why people move completely illogical. But try to track down a nimble rogue or mage in the crowd!

When you are in. 1 vs 1.
• Sometimes we want a team game. Sometimes we have no chance to win over the opponent. If you asked opponent to wait for the people, but he still hunts for you, just leave. In the end, it's a shame for him, not for you.
• Accordingly, if an opponent has asked you to wait, wait please, or join other map. If you are in a very bad mood, tell the opponent that he should leave.

When you are in. Many vs 1.
• This can happen if
1) at some point, people joined only your team. This can be quite annoying. Type “I sit” if you're going to sit. Until you have done this, people usually think that you're still in the game. If your teammates are hunting for a lonely opponent, just leave. Join him, If you are not indifferent.

2) all opposite left, but one remained stubborn. How often I was the one! If the score is high, random players can't join. Leave. Somewhere there is a team that needs you.

3) You joined the team which has more players. I hope you have reasons. Give your opponent time to get team.

When you are in. 1 vs many.

– Why you still didn’t leave?

– Why should I leave, if I earn more kills than deaths?

If you have not this case, then leave.

When you are in. You have fewer players in the team.
Two situations here:
• You do not want to continue fight actually. While your teammates with your help still get kills, you earn only deaths. What you should do depends on you.
• You enjoy challenges. Well, let's kick some asses!

When you are in. Equal teams.

You are lucky! Enjoy, dude.

Affairs of smurfs.

I said at the outset that I am not a pro. But it's worth a read because despite the fact that 70% of the time I play like “1 vs many” or “You have fewer players in the team”, I have a positive KDR and still improve it.

My build. Default I use heal – shield – fireball (fb further) – lightning strike (ls). Not a fan of the gale. I have also timeshift, ice and curse. If you want to learn how to have it all with passives on strength, intelligence and agility, move in PvP section. I'm not saying that my build is the best. I want to say that you can easily create one that will be useful to you, and will still yield good results.

Against 1 rogue I use ice – shield – fb – ls. Thus, after first round (if I won), I have two skills with short cooldown, and I can fast change one of them to heal. Сhange your location after victory is good idea also. The opponent will be looking for you where you fought the last time. After leaving this place, you get a 50% chance to use a shield in the next battle. The other 50% is what you will run straight at the enemy.

Against war I use normal build. I’m very bad against wars, though win sometimes pretty fat ones.

Against other mage I can don't think about build, because I have a very nice gear. Use normal build usually, but if against mage with arcane ring, change heal to curse.

My gear. I use elondrian gun, mythic armor and helm, mythic ring and wild amulet. All gems are grand glacian, exclude amulet which has life shards.

Sometimes I use legendary armor with blood gems and maximum strength. For example, if against some mages with curse, very high damage just kill you. But instead, you reduce the output damage, and increase armor and health, live to the moment when their shields will end and kill them.

My pet. I play PvP only with Slag. I use HJ and Ribbit if opponents are weak. Have not Samael. In fact there are many good and easy obtainable pets. In PvP also useful are Grimm, Blinky, Ethyl, Crawly, maybe forgot some. If you still have a question, which one is better, read the paragraph again.

Gun or stuff? Gun.

That's all.

To forum moderators. Please do not close this topic. I did all my best to not build the fire. Please do not move this thread into PvP section. I visited it before posted thread here, and pretty sure it should be here.

To forum users.
• Please, no drama. I want to see here your thanks, criticism, thoughts and tips. I did not do all this work to the topic has been closed tomorrow.
• Sorry for (probably) a lot of errors. I did everything I could to make you understand me.
• Sorry for (probably) hard-to-read text. I've been working seriously for the first time with that editor.
• Sorry for the long reading. Before you blame the author for a long reading, always think about how long he wrote it.
• Thank you all.

Anarchist
10-27-2014, 02:12 PM
Every pvp player should read this. IMO

rstilzchen
10-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Thank you for your positive comment! Maybe not the best time to post it. Hopefully the thread does not fail in inaccessible abyss beneath the banal questions, complains and unproductive debates.

obee
10-27-2014, 04:30 PM
Perfect.