PDA

View Full Version : is beckon any good?

Sicarii
05-14-2010, 07:03 PM
yes yes... i know beckon is amazing... but what does each each extra point put into it gain you? is it worth taking it to 5?

Rannos
05-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Each level of beckon adds distance and the number of mobs you can pull in- there is also dmg done, though I don't know how much per rank... Usually does around 50 at level 5. Definitely worth it, right behind iron skin.

Royce
05-14-2010, 07:34 PM
I just maxed beckon and now I feel like a jedi knight. It's ridiculous.

Sunlapse
05-15-2010, 12:12 AM
yeah lvl 5 beckon is amazing...pretty funny though when somebody uses stomp right after you use beckon

JoJoTheWho
05-15-2010, 01:19 AM
Beckon 5/5 has 100% stun im pretty sure?.

Rannos
05-15-2010, 07:28 AM
Yea, 100% stun, I forgot to mention that thanks. Also, it's the best way to smack an archer or Mage in pvp.

Hraefn
05-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Beckon 5/5 has 100% stun im pretty sure?.

According to the description, it has a 50% chance of stun. Right now, the chance feels higher but that may be just my perception. Super Mega Slash has a 90% chance of stun, which makes it really fun to use in conjunction with Beckon. And I think Stomp's stun is 100%.

When PvP comes out, all these stuns might prompt a cry for some kind of stun immunity timer (i.e., if you're stunned for 3 seconds, you can't be stunned again for 6 seconds). Otherwise, PvP might turn into a game of who can stun first.

Okay, I'm sick of using the word stun.

Edit: did they just change the % chance on Beckon? I could have sworn it was higher.

Royce
05-15-2010, 07:40 AM
When PvP comes out, all these stuns might prompt a cry for some kind of stun immunity timer (i.e., if you're stunned for 3 seconds, you can't be stunned again for 6 seconds). Otherwise, PvP might turn into a game of who can stun first.

I think mages should have one or more skills that remove effects like stun (and swamp gas for that matter). I guess heal already does somewhat for freeze and maybe a couple of other conditions. I think they must be doing something for PvP so that players to not face the same odds of stun as an npc because PvP would quickly become teams of all bears stunning each other (and maybe a bird to hasten the kill).

Hraefn
05-15-2010, 07:46 AM
I think mages should have one or more skills that remove effects like stun (and swamp gas for that matter). I guess heal already does somewhat for freeze and maybe a couple of other conditions. I think they must be doing something for PvP so that players to not face the same odds of stun as an npc because PvP would quickly become teams of all bears stunning each other (and maybe a bird to hasten the kill).

A fully trained heal may very well dispel stun. However, odds are that Enchantresses will be the primary targets of any decent PvP group. And if your enchantresses are stunned, they won't be able to heal/dispel.

I'm wondering if the stun rate on Beckon got lowered following the devs' PvP testing. But it's just as likely that I'm simply losing my mind.