PDA

View Full Version : Level 45. how to prepare for endgame.

Halcyon
02-04-2011, 11:34 AM
I feel like I've been doing a decent job as int enchantress so far. I got some decent pinks im wearing but I have no idea what im gonna do whenever I get to 50. I see people with cool black shadow armor and alien shields, but I have no idea where id have to go to get those. Or even if those are the best items for an int enchantress.

My question is basically what do people do when they get closer to 50? I have like 40k on me and maybe a few drops worth another 50k. I've been hammering alien oasis 2 but don't know what elite dungeons are or even where they are.

Do I have lots of farming for money to do, or is it easy to get decent 50 gear so I can fit in with the rest of the 50s. I realize everyone will be 55 prob before I get to 50 though.

Arterra
02-04-2011, 11:40 AM
that 90k will barely get you to 50 if you use it on xp pots :D

there are 3 lv50 sets:
the colorful original ones, rift (str) cosmos (int) and void (dex)
-they are ok. rift is best str one out there. void is still in argument and cosmos might be ok if you plan on keeper staff set

the black with blue sparks, cyber xxxxx (add name of previous sets)
-can be obtained through farming quests. if you have no money, or are unlucky, best choice. cyber rift though is the worst str set there is

the black, smokey armors are hate (str) sentinel (dex) and shadows (int)
-hardest to get, but all around decent, no real weaknesses apart from lower hit% overall. need to clear victory lap map in order to have a CHANCE of the portal to the elite dungeons to appear. overall opinion: just buy it... if you can

ps: wrong section ;)

Tsarra
02-04-2011, 12:19 PM
You are probably in Khafra gear right now, which is good. Try and snag an Apep Sunkiller Staff...it will help you on the journey to Level 50. :) Also, the D'Jinn Wand of (whatever, I used Isis) is good for a wand loadout at your level if you can find one. Invaluable in boss fights. Both of these pieces are sort of expensive (more than 40k, anyway) so grab a Staff of Ra for now. Cheap and has a fire AoE effect.

Once you get to 50, there's a ton of farming to do, and lots of collection quests and the like. Also, the new expansion looks like it will keep us busy for a while. Look for the Keeper's Enchantress set at Level 50. It might look like pajamas, but nothing hits harder...yet. ;) (the Mirage Robe of Cosmos, Jacob's Helm of Cosmos and the Keeper's Staff of Cosmos make up this set)

Good luck!

Tsarra
02-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Oh, I forgot...the most important part? Have fun! And take your time getting there...you'll be a better player for it. :)

BlazeMystic
02-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Couldn't agree more! - And that's how I plan to do it when 1.7 comes out as well.

I recommend saving gold from Level 40 onwards and so by the time you reach L 50, you will have a good amount of cash to play with. I would imagine that many of the top items at level 50 will be really cheap by then; In which case I would go for shadow items for improved survivability.

Oh, I forgot...the most important part? Have fun! And take your time getting there...you'll be a better player for it. :)

Halcyon
02-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Ive been primarily using wand/eye, but I got a dark matter staff of thoth which seems like a decent damage staff for when I don't have to worry about defense. I guess ill just focus on saving some money and getting to 50. Its just weird cause I've only been playing a few weeks and im almost 50 and have no clue about how 90 percent of the game works.

Is my tactic of popping magic shield, charge in, debuff, buff, unload my area effect then spamming heal and pots until everything is dead gonna work into the elite dungeons or am I gonna have to start hanging back more.

Royce
02-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Dark matter is your best non-AOE staff option at level 43/45. In addition to the high damage, it has the usual dark staff proc which reduces the target's armor and damage, so it's an excellent choice for boss fights.

noobmigo
02-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Get a Staff of Ra or apep, and switch when to Dark Matter when you get to Boss

Arterra
02-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Dark matter is your best non-AOE staff option at level 43/45. In addition to the high damage, it has the usual dark staff proc which reduces the target's armor and damage, so it's an excellent choice for boss fights.

also lowers hit%. making it even better :D
as far as i can tell it is a nightmare/weakness mix

Royce
02-04-2011, 02:32 PM
also lowers hit%. making it even better :D
as far as i can tell it is a nightmare/weakness mix

From my testing dark staffs do a weird partial nightmare/weakness proc, reducing damage and armor, but not hit% or dodge. Dark wands seem to all proc partial weakness (damage but not hit% reduction). The only exception I have found is the AO3 Nightmare staff which procs true nightmare, reducing armor and dodge (but not damage like other dark staffs).

Halcyon
02-04-2011, 02:49 PM
I got a staff of ra of isis for cheap off the market and got a few better armor items for cheap as well. The only thing I can't get is the nice djin wands cause they're all like 80k and up. Im using a dreamers dark wand. That has a weakness proc then your saying? I spam level 5 nightmare and weakness alot. Should I get a fire proc wand then? It didn't even occur to me that these things had procs. I was just going by what gave me the best armor and magic regen/damage.

Halcyon
02-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Also I guess is there a way to better change gear than going into the menu and then changing staffs and shield. Seems like too much of a hassle that way.

Arterra
02-04-2011, 02:53 PM
I got a staff of ra of isis for cheap off the market and got a few better armor items for cheap as well. The only thing I can't get is the nice djin wands cause they're all like 80k and up. Im using a dreamers dark wand. That has a weakness proc then your saying? I spam level 5 nightmare and weakness alot. Should I get a fire proc wand then? It didn't even occur to me that these things had procs. I was just going by what gave me the best armor and magic regen/damage.

nah the staff of ra works fine, it has area of effect damage. while not icy, like the apep sunkiller, it works.
frankly i dont believe in the fire proc, supposedly extra fire damage but whatever. might as well got with a debuff darkbolt proc so every hit has more damage lol
you dont NEED a wand, since you got a nice staff, just helps. if you cant get a djin wand of thoth/isis, then look for a dark matter staff of thoth/isis. i got one for 5k :P so no idea on prices.
if you have no luck with dark matter staff, you can risk a royal desert shadow staff. same proc, just much weaker. only take it out for bosses, so team can work on the nice darkbolt debuff proc

Arterra
02-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Also I guess is there a way to better change gear than going into the menu and then changing staffs and shield. Seems like too much of a hassle that way.

there should be a little box in inventory on top left that lets you save 4 loadouts of gear.

Royce
02-04-2011, 02:55 PM
The level 35 dark/mojo wands do have the usual weakness proc. However, it does seem to stack with the skill so it doesn't hurt to use both a dark weapon and the debuff skills. The fastest way to change gear is to use your preset loadouts. You still have to go to the menu, but then you can change your whole setup with 2 button presses.

Fyrce
02-04-2011, 05:22 PM
People do spend a lot of time "farming" for items and gold. You can do that as you are leveling, though most level 45 items don't sell for much in CS. Supposedly Plasma is best for farming gold (?) so you can try leveling there.

While there are differences among the level 50 sets, the differences are so little that there is actually debate as to which are better. You will see, even for warriors, that people wear any of the 3 sets. So really, getting any one of them works. Normal rift/void/cosmos and the shadow caves sets (Death, hate, shadows) can be purchased though are still pricey. Check prices when the new area comes out to see if anyone's dumping. Figure out what you want now so when you see a cheap item you want you can jump on it.

The cyber set is free but you can only start those quests once you reach level 50. You can't hoard that gear to wear once you get to 50. Also, I find the cyber doll to be blinding. The shadows doll is MUCH cooler.

You should always have several gear options. At the very least a staff (max damage) one and a wand/eye one. The L35 darkness wands are very good if you can't get the D'Jinn ones. BTW, again, keep an eye on CS for those. Once in awhile you see a cheap one. Prices fluctuate like crazy. There ARE people who dump or just plain make typing errors.

Darkness and ice staves are very nice. Ice will stop a lot of mobs, even bosses that your ice spells do not stop. I've used the AoE fire staves before, but they're not that exciting. I mostly use them when in-between levels and there's nothing else.

As an aside, you can check out gear worn by higher levels. For you, just keep checking out what other mages or int people are wearing. You can then shoot them tells (/tell <name> .... ) asking WHAT their gear is. And be specific if you can. Like "That's a cool doll. What is it?" It doesn't hurt to massage the ego first :) If they answer, you can ask where it drops. If they say it's a quest item, then that will be cyber quest. Those are the only level 50 gear quests right now. If one person doesn't answer, ask someone else. After not too long, you will know what the best gear is and how to get it all.

You can also check out mages about your level to see what they are wearing. If lots of people are wearing the same thing, then it's likely that's the best. Not always, but information doesn't hurt.

Do the same thing if you are starting any other classes.

Halcyon
02-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Well thanks for the replies. They have helped me out quite a bit in understanding some things. I think right now im on the right track with how im playing and the gear ill have. I picked up the keepers staff cause it was 8k on the market. I think ill get the shadow set and use the doll/wand cause the extra armor has been fitting how I like to play the class so far. I've played a whole bunch of mmos so I just needed to get some of the finer points answered. Thanks guys.

Phoenixking
02-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Hit doesn't matter anymore proved by physiological he says once it passes 85-87% it doesn't matter