PDA

View Full Version : Fix CTF once and for all

gumball3000
10-29-2014, 02:39 PM
Hello everyone,

I pretty much got tired of all this CTF nonsense that has been going on since forever. I would like to ask the developers of this game to take a look at how it should be played here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_the_flag and then look at how it's being played in AL.

The latest quick fix for ctf where you can't flag if the other team has the flag too is not only ineffective for making the game better but it is also not a rule in the classic CTF. As a company that has been in business for a while you should know that quick fixes don't work, they never do.

I have had 2 or 3 real CTF games in my entire AL life and those were games in preparation for a tournament so everyone played by the rules.

I don't think it's the players fault CTF is not played like its supposed to be. I put the blame on the system that allows that and the insane flag achievement.

The game is flawed since the beginning, it was created for a much smaller player base and it doesn't work anymore. I will go in detail with everything that's wrong with CTF.

Here are the issues im having with it:
1. Team work is not rewarded in any way. Everyone chases their own aps whether it be kills or flags. Possible solution: Add a new stat that represent how many ctf games you won/lost
2. The game starts after 3 players have joined on each side. That is very wrong, the game should only start after all spots are filled.
3. The flag ap is insane, there is no way someone will get it in fair games so i think it should be removed as soon as possible like next season so players don't complain for loosing their work.
4. Blockers! These persons join and leave the game as they wish just beacause there is no penalty for leaving a game.

I would like the developers to imagine this scenario on how a CTF game should be played.

The game should start only after we have 5 players on each side. At this point a counter of 5 or 10 seconds will be displayed so everyone who is not happy with his/her team can leave without any penalty. Only then, the game should start. You will win the game only if you score 5 points or the whole opposite team leaves the game.

Penalties: Leaving the game after it has started will add a lost game to your counter. At this point will be played in a 4v5 manner which can be disadvantageous but not impossible for a good team. I think this penalty should be given to people only if there is a gap of only one person on each side.
So for example leaving the game in a 5v3 situation will not give you a lost game but those in the team of 5 will all get a won game if the whole opposite team quits. If the opposite team of 3 decide to stay and they loose they will get the lost game added to their counter.

At any point if someone gets dc or leaves, the respective team can ask for backup in guild or from friends but there should not be any random joins from outside after the game has started.

Please give me you feedback, i hope you like this idea of mine. The system is very old and needs a change.

Uicheusa
10-29-2014, 03:10 PM
Coz ppl care about numbers lol.
If they really do wanna fix it, simply add CTF W/L state to avatar window.
Once you enter the room, a countdown will start; if you don't leave that room, say, in 2 minutes, then the CTF outcome for the side you firstly joined will be added to your state. This might also help with the blocking and free flagging problem.

Samhayne
10-29-2014, 03:25 PM
Hey Gumball,

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. We know that PvP is flawed. However, we haven't been able to reconcile moving it to the top of our to-do list over additional content. Maybe in the future we will be able to devote more time to it. In the short term, we do not have plans to work on PvP refinements.

Dumbledore
10-29-2014, 03:53 PM
I like the parts about the CTF win or lose stat, but leaving penalty sounds harsh, many are not able to sit through entire games

The flag system is bad though, entire team should get flag point, when one person scores.

If ctf starts after 5 people join, even though it will be a minor slow down for twinks since they have to rejoin a total of 8 times then, at many twink levels it will be very tough to do ctf, and everyone will be found in tdm. I understand u mention its for a smaller player base, but even today many twink levels and normal levels dont have too many on, which can be very depressing as a twink, and imagine those who only have twinks and no 41, they wouldnt have any ctf point/flags.

The counter sounds very appealing too, like a countdown before game starts. Teams should have a 5 second countdown(or 10) to know when its starting, straight off.

The flag ap I have always believed is essential, for lbs, because thats one of the only reasons why everyone isnt on the leaderboards, all those that pve will have to come and pvp with the pvpers if they want the ap, and it takes a long time + effort.

Alhuntrazeck
10-29-2014, 08:56 PM
THEN, a new PvP room must be added - GvG or FFA or whatever. CTF is fun occasionally, but not when you want to organise a guild war etc.

playaxl
11-01-2014, 07:01 PM
I play for good sport and I can proudly say all my caps have been sincere and genuine..I agree with what you say and I would like Sts to fix ctf up a bit because it can be most rewarding also would be good if u could nerf rhino and fox's jumping with the flag.

merchtime
11-01-2014, 09:12 PM
I play for good sport and I can proudly say all my caps have been sincere and genuine..I agree with what you say and I would like Sts to fix ctf up a bit because it can be most rewarding also would be good if u could nerf rhino and fox's jumping with the flag.

Bro this is arcane legends haha

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI-M835 usando Tapatalk 2

how on earth
11-01-2014, 11:50 PM
I agree for the most part on what you are discussing.....the 5 second rules shouldn't be an issue honestly...as long as your health is full and no skills are recharging then you can exit either arena without penalty....

the flag achievement is excessive I agree....even with no change the least sts could do is throw a banner in the mix the title doesn't really fit the bill ...meaning a title is weak I would much rather have a unique banner to wear rather than only a title.. so hook it up after the 1k pvp kill mark so from 5 k to 10 maybe a nice banner along with title would be more appealing honestly.

I agree that flaggin should benefit the entire team and not just the individual because you are on blue team or red team ....and only one person can get a point per flag???? I agree sts must correct that minor issue in all fairness.

with all the comments from top to bottom now we know that sts has the pvp discrepancies on their radar so its really only a matter of time before they have an opportunity to focus on what can and cannot be done in order to please the pvp fanatics so that all will be happy with the outcome.

nice thread + 10

playaxl
11-02-2014, 04:27 AM
Haha same problems there then...I wonder if Sts will ever sort these things out.

Jack O Reaper
11-02-2014, 04:34 AM

LoL

epicrrr
11-02-2014, 09:55 AM
CTF PVP is not broken; please stop envisioning CTF as you see it in your mind. Its PVP what do you guys expect? Putting too many rules will ruin the genuine PVP feel.

As for the AP, YOU WORK FOR THEM, LIKE ALL OF US WITH 10k flag. free or whatever in your face. :)

playaxl
11-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Is that a pro attitude to ctf? It's in the interests of good sportsmanship as to why there are a "general" set of rules that I could apply to pvp in arcane legends and in Pl and be perfectly understood