PDA

View Full Version : Modifications to the new chat system.

Serancha
10-30-2014, 06:43 AM
New thread for players to work with the devs to find a more player-friendly solution to the smart-chat system. STS, we do appreciate you hearing our initial frustration with this, and starting to try to smooth things out, so let's get what constructive suggestions we can gather.

Quote from the original thread:

It is also bugged: when I delete the auto-written word "guildchat" and put "p" for partychat after the /, it then keeps making me guildchat when I next go to talk. So to have it remember the new command you need to delete and re-enter the / as well as the auto-filled command before pointing it where you want. And by that time, you are trying to answer someone.

This bug has been fixed. (Yes, we notice the good as well :)). A little less difficult to have it remember a switch in targets now. The /tell command seems different but I haven't analyzed exactly how it changed. Seems a little less intrusive now.

Still issues with having to backspace a ton to switch chats. I understand that STS wants to try work out a solution on this, so would it be possible for the commands be changed to just the /g /o /p /r /t rather than the full /guildchat /officer /partychat? This would help immensely.

Also if the /tell reallylongname could be auto-erased if it has not been used within say..3 minutes or something, that would be helpful too.

Thanks!

Soundlesskill
10-30-2014, 10:30 AM
New thread for players to work with the devs to find a more player-friendly solution to the smart-chat system. STS, we do appreciate you hearing our initial frustration with this, and starting to try to smooth things out, so let's get what constructive suggestions we can gather.

Quote from the original thread:

This bug has been fixed. (Yes, we notice the good as well :)). A little less difficult to have it remember a switch in targets now. The /tell command seems different but I haven't analyzed exactly how it changed. Seems a little less intrusive now.

Still issues with having to backspace a ton to switch chats. I understand that STS wants to try work out a solution on this, so would it be possible for the commands be changed to just the /g /o /p /r /t rather than the full /guildchat /officer /partychat? This would help immensely.

Also if the /tell reallylongname could be auto-erased if it has not been used within say..3 minutes or something, that would be helpful too.

Thanks!

OR just put the old system back. It's not like we type like we're grannies.

Serancha
10-31-2014, 06:20 PM
That would be the best solution. I was trying to offer a compromise though.

Soundlesskill
11-03-2014, 01:45 PM
That would be the best solution. I was trying to offer a compromise though.

Doesn't seem like they wanna do anything about it.