PDA

View Full Version : How to lower "PING" !?

Bous
10-30-2014, 05:03 PM
We all know everybody hates high ping. So how do you guys reduce ping? I play on the nexus 7 tablet.

Also how much ping do you guys have?

synfullmagic_23110
10-30-2014, 05:05 PM
We all know everybody hates high ping. So how do you guys reduce ping? I play on the nexus 7 tablet.

All depends on your wifi I tried to do everything to reduce it but never worked than one day
My mum called to the company and my wifi now is at least 2x as fast

Carcinogen
10-30-2014, 09:19 PM

Hi.
I have heard the same thing before, and I can give you some options that can help you out.
1. Wi-Fi
The farther you are from your router, the higher ping you have. If you're at home, that should be easy to handle.
Some Wi-Fi's don't provide great ping on your game, depending on the provider. So you may be fortunate, or unfortunate.

2. Ping location
I believe the host of STS games is located in Austin, Texas. However, some people I know that live around that area have bad ping, even though they live pretty close. That's because the ping has to travel to your provider first, then to the location of the host.

3. Internet plan
I'm no expert on internet plans, but I do infer that a better plan will give off better ping. Just an inference!

Cheers

KingFu
10-31-2014, 06:11 PM
The farther you are from your router, the higher ping you have.

Not true.

I believe the host of STS games is located in Austin, Texas. However, some people I know that live around that area have bad ping, even though they live pretty close.

Their headquarters is in Austin. Last I checked it was through Amazon, so who knows where the server host is located.

CAK Vader
10-31-2014, 06:19 PM
Not true.

It is true .-. My wifi sucks when I leave my router

Slant
11-01-2014, 02:26 AM
The STS servers located at the HQ?
I was under the belief they used some third party hosts, Amazon's EC2 if I remember right, which has servers in AP, US, SA and EU

ping is distance from the router to the server in cable length, not from phone to router.

don't worry though, STS games are very, very tolerant to ping

Armourslash
11-01-2014, 03:11 AM
My jnternet kept restarting yesterday. I got so annoyed I was prepared to smash my phone.

KingFu
11-01-2014, 04:07 AM
It is true .-. My wifi sucks when I leave my router

No it isn't. The idea of being closer to the router = better ping is flat out wrong.

Yay! Slant! Someone who isn't dumb!

tearacan
11-01-2014, 04:50 AM
The father you get away from the antenna, or more objects between (walls, doors) the worse the connection you get. It doesnt always gets better when you get more near, coz latency concurs in the whole connection from device, antenna, provider, internet all over the world to the host server.
Improving your wifi, only improves a little path of the whole connection. Even wired connections have lag, cause most of the connection is beyond your reach.
The faster your wifi or providers throughput the less chance on latency, but still a long way to sts host servers to get in trouble.

So IF the sts servers are in a bad spot, we all have lag no matter what you improve at home.

CAK Vader
11-01-2014, 07:28 AM
The father you get away from the antenna, or more objects between (walls, doors) the worse the connection you get. It doesnt always gets better when you get more near, coz latency concurs in the whole connection from device, antenna, provider, internet all over the world to the host server.
Improving your wifi, only improves a little path of the whole connection. Even wired connections have lag, cause most of the connection is beyond your reach.
The faster your wifi or providers throughput the less chance on latency, but still a long way to sts host servers to get in trouble.

So IF the sts servers are in a bad spot, we all have lag no matter what you improve at home.
YUS \(._.)/

Doframingo
11-03-2014, 05:03 AM
Just stay near ur router.

decompile
11-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Depends if you have a 10$ router or 60$ my ping is close 34-40 (internet speed is 300mb/s when not downloading movies/games/series via utorrent plus, DO NOT USE TORRENTS IF YOU AREN'T SURE THAT ITS 100% LEGAL IN YOUR COUNTRY)

Booked
11-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Well i get better ping when i shut down a few apps like fb, snapchat, etc.. Also install a program to control your apps and device speed. If you are in a PC you have to get an app to block all announcements (also make it to not work in PL), if that doesnt work, chek your WiFi connection, maybe there are so many devices connected to it, just reset and keep your families devices.

Somemager
11-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Servers have been bad lately ill admit, Im usually 50-100 ping almost all the time but lately servers have gone whack and i dc in townes or get random 1k spikes every few days.

Churjya
11-16-2014, 07:58 PM
Use firewall. There is an app called Droidwall... Use it on rooted android. Btw... i get 500- 900 ping all the time. Never goes to 30-100 like some of you have said.