PDA

View Full Version : What's your "gut feeling" Surprise List for 1.7?

Ellyidol
02-05-2011, 02:55 AM
I've got the weekend to go through, and monday my time if they release it monday server time, so I've just been pondering what "surprises" could be in store for us in 1.7 (much like the game changing anti-rush in 1.5).

Some of my guesses, which aren't in the released notes are,

1. Better liquidation for Rings.

2. GUILDS - though I'm doubtful on this.

3. Some kind of pure gold making scheme.

What are yours? I'll add more when I can remember. :P

markus
02-05-2011, 05:41 AM
New class? A bit to hopeful imho

Yahway
02-05-2011, 06:04 AM
Guilds would be amazing but asommers said guilds won't be for a long while in world chat. Let's see how sly he really is :)

KingFu
02-05-2011, 06:09 AM
Guilds would be amazing but asommers said guilds won't be for a long while in world chat. Let's see how sly he really is :)

He told me when 1.6 was released guilds would be in 1.7-.-

RedRyder
02-05-2011, 06:10 AM

I think that's really slimy what they did telling us guilds in 1.7 then killing our hopes when they submit 1.7 to apple without any word prior. Thumbs uppppp

Like a dad saying he's coming for your birthday but never showing up and letting you figure it out on your own that he'll be a no show

Ellyidol
02-05-2011, 06:12 AM
Which is why I'm having just a gut feeling of guilds coming out :P

They'll be like "no, sorry guys..... SURPRISE!!!"

pcm2a
02-05-2011, 10:08 AM
My gut feeling tells me that my wife isn't going to love me much next week.

RedRyder
02-05-2011, 10:10 AM

+1
/10chars

Echelong
02-05-2011, 10:14 AM

+2
This is going to be true I am sure of this.

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 10:14 AM
My gut feeling says that you won't be able to craft two items to make a new kind and that my parents will ground me by next week for over obsession with PL

Ellyidol
02-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Off topic:

Not my wife, but girlfriend, what can I say to "get her off my back" next week? Lol

I think ill have to adjust my sleeping time. Graveyard shift time.

Echelong
02-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Off topic:

Not my wife, but girlfriend, what can I say to "get her off my back" next week? Lol

I think ill have to adjust my sleeping time. Graveyard shift time.

Just tell her you have a very contagious rash and will last for a week.

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Say girl I'm busy been addicted to playing an awsome game and need my "guy time" ;)

Ellyidol
02-05-2011, 10:32 AM
She will still see me though. I live 5 minutes away from her school and shes classmates with my sister on last class

Back to topic:

Mages are really useful in clearing and rebuffing boss, birds also with armour debuff and OL shield break with blast shot. Bears are... Not much actually. So my guess is that one of the bosses in the sewers will require a bear skill to kill. Or there will definitely be something in store for bears.

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 10:35 AM
To fight OL bears are sometimes use ful when glitched reason is they are the "bait" to glitch him because of bear gets stun by lore he can take ol hit and use stomp to glitch him before bear dies

Ellyidol
02-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Yeah, but not needed. Even their use requires a glitch. Lol

Not saying they're completely useless, theyre like a really good add-on. Not essential, but really good.

Echelong
02-05-2011, 10:38 AM
She will still see me though. I live 5 minutes away from her school and shes classmates with my sister on last class

Back to topic:

Mages are really useful in clearing and rebuffing boss, birds also with armour debuff and OL shield break with blast shot. Bears are... Not much actually. So my guess is that one of the bosses in the sewers will require a bear skill to kill. Or there will definitely be something in store for bears.

The bandit king and queen will need a bear to tank one till the group kills the other and keep them apart and stunned. Also they are very useful on any boss that uses a shield because bears can keep them stunned and prevent them from shielding.

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Mages aren't essential since archer can do glitch with other archer

YYZ????
02-05-2011, 10:39 AM

+3, my kid either.

Ellyidol
02-05-2011, 10:41 AM
The bandit king and queen will need a bear to tank one till the group kills the other and keep them apart and stunned. Also they are very useful on any boss that uses a shield because bears can keep them stunned and prevent them from shielding.

Hopefully.

Sadly, even if they do shield, its not like theres much of a problem surviving. The only boss i can see that being really useful is probably shadow witch. Then again when they aggro someone else, that's a problem. Sigh all the problems of a bear. Lol

Ellyidol
02-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Mages aren't essential since archer can do glitch with other archer

You need one to rev, don't you? Unless you want to keep on reviving and walking back.

Nightarcher
02-05-2011, 10:46 AM
In my opinion, the best farming team (even now in AO3) should have a single pro tanker bear. Why? If you're pro, your crowd-control makes clearing a breeze and your teammates will take practically zero damage.

You can get along without them there, but the real time bears shine is with bosses. Those pesky bosses who aren't effected by your freeze or thorn root... can still be stunned by every bear skill that stuns! And their beckon and stomp helps even more. Plus with their insane armor and taunt, your team won't have to spam pots to survive!

--

I know people still think bears are useless because of their low DPS, but if you play with me as a bear or any pro bear for that matter, you will see a big difference, even in a pro team.

Echelong
02-05-2011, 10:49 AM
In my opinion, the best farming team (even now in AO3) should have a single pro tanker bear. Why? If you're pro, your crowd-control makes clearing a breeze and your teammates will take practically zero damage.

You can get along without them there, but the real time bears shine is with bosses. Those pesky bosses who aren't effected by your freeze or thorn root... can still be stunned by every bear skill that stuns! And their beckon and stomp helps even more. Plus with their insane armor and taunt, your team won't have to spam pots to survive!

--

I know people still think bears are useless because of their low DPS, but if you play with me as a bear or any pro bear for that matter, you will see a big difference, even in a pro team.

Yep there are a lot of bears that still don't know how to play their class. I agree with you on all.

Ellyidol
02-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Yup, definitely a must to have a bear. Sadly with pallys it's easier to get by.

Just basing from experience, that's all. Random games are hard enough to control, and bears are the least wanted. Which what makes it so fun to play anyway :D

Tsarra
02-05-2011, 11:11 AM

The only reason I know how to play is because I found the forums about 2 weeks in, and I read everything. Kinda makes me wanna play a bear...I've been in parties with them where they've been played correctly, and it really, REALLY helps.

I don't want to jack Elly's thread, tho. :p I was really hoping for a crafting system similar to what Diablo or Oblivion uses; in hindsight, what they've described of the one we're getting sounds fun, and I am very happy to give it a try. I also saw them slyly mention "new microdungeons" on that list of stuff, and "11 new maps." This sounds like pure awesome. :) I am hoping that rings have been added to drop tables for all levels back to Level 1...I'd hate to have to be Level 50+ to get a ring equipped. I have a feeling rings are not going to be as epic as the other pieces of EQ...but I can assure you that if there is a ring that increases M/s, I will be wearing it. Or damage output. It will also be nice to get said damage output up...it's stalled out with full Keepers, and I think that's the most damage I can do PERIOD in 1.6.

For me, Guilds are kinda meh...sure, it would be nice, but too often Guilds turn into this ugly dictatorship thing, and undue stress keeps getting heaped on the player to be "elite" enough and to impress their peers enough to stay in the guild. I'm not horribly competitive (though I did wander into PvP last night and got a record of 2-2...I was very confused, though), so I'm not too worried if this never gets added. We have Clan Battles on the other online game I play and I never participate, even though I play a very good character for it.

Do you guys think the helm will have stats on it? Or will it JUST be a vanity piece? That's what I'm wondering the most.

markus
02-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Could always tell her your sleeping with her best friend. Then tell her you are jokeing however you will need the next week to play pl. She will be so releaved your not sleeping with her bff she will be more then happy to let you play all week!(might even join you) :p

Tsarra
02-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Could always tell her your sleeping with her best friend. Then tell her you are jokeing however you will need the next week to play pl. She will be so releaved your not sleeping with her bff she will be more then happy to let you play all week!(might even join you) :p

That's cruel and unusual. I like it. :p

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 11:24 AM
I didn't read it cause I thought it was off-topic :|

Tsarra
02-05-2011, 11:30 AM
I didn't read it cause I thought it was off-topic :|

It was on topic, eventually!

I've found that the best course of action on any forum is to automatically assume that anything negative which is being said is about me and then to pretend to get horribly offended. ;)

In all seriousness, though, I'll bulletpoint it for you:

- Helm of Persistence with epic stats?
- Improved drop tables (especially for rings)

And then...

- Level 1 (or Low-Level) crafted gear
- Probably not guilds

:)

Tsarra is very rambly because Tsarra's player writes corporate email for a living

Dizzy
02-05-2011, 11:41 AM
I have a feeling that guilds are around the corner and almost ready to go, but need more fine-tuning. The one thing this game lacks is the ability to communicate well. Go AFK for a sec, you miss an invite or a friend or trade request. There's no way to message someone off-line, so good luck scheduling teams for farming unless you do it away from the game. Open chat in towns is spammy and it mixes with private chat in the same window--fun when you're trying to nail down a plan and someone keeps spamming "give me gold pl0x" over and over. All this makes it really hard to run a guild, because without communication, you're just a bunch of people linked by a title.

I also wonder if there will be guild-tied quests, or special maps for guilds, or PvP just for guilds. For guilds to be more than just a way to group friends, there needs to be content to support them, there needs to be reasons for people to want to join. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

So I don't think the devs meant to be deceitful when they said guilds would be out by 1.7, I just think a guild system isn't a small update, and they got pushed back because they aren't quite ready yet.

As for surprises... I don't know, this is my first major update. I can't wait for all this new content and crafting, because I've only been lvl 50 for a week, and I'm already getting bored with farming, hehe.

Yahway
02-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Its not a gut feeling, actually almost a guarantee it won't happen, but a really hard 10 man raid! Non-tradable drops from it, and so hard that only a well coordinated team (guilds!!!) would be able to finish. Oh to dream...