Thank you both!

Gensin
10-31-2014, 09:42 PM
Dont let instant post in this thread...

Kreasadriii
11-01-2014, 03:17 AM
Elondrian Riffle bro..
Both PvE or PvP..
PvE : proc to root enemies that make you easier to handle mobs & don't have go too close to mobs or boss like using kershal..
PvP : debuff of dodge to enemies easily to kill enemies and each attack that help mage's armor..

Candylicks
11-01-2014, 05:24 AM
The rifle is best if you do both PvE and PvP.

Personally I prefer the scythe over the Kershal now, it crits hard and often. And people too nab to realize this and you can snap one up for cheap still.. heh. I'm enjoying this weapon immensely.

BaronB
11-01-2014, 11:17 AM
The rifle is best if you do both PvE and PvP.

Personally I prefer the scythe over the Kershal now, it crits hard and often. And people too nab to realize this and you can snap one up for cheap still.. heh. I'm enjoying this weapon immensely.
Problem is... this years scythe isnt as pretty as laat years one :(

Appeltjes
11-01-2014, 11:42 AM

Lol I like this one way more

BaronB
11-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Lol I like this one way more
Opps accidently thanks of a post xD

Naaa the green>white glow... whites not even a colour o.o ... green ftw !!

Appeltjes
11-01-2014, 11:57 AM

Nah the white greyish looks better and the old thing has a brown skull and it's much darker which doesn't look that nice

BaronB
11-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Nah the white greyish looks better and the old thing has a brown skull and it's much darker which doesn't look that nice
The green tho :(

Yeh elon better (staying on topic or trying to lool)

Deadroth
11-01-2014, 12:03 PM

I am quite sure white is a colour as well ;)

BaronB
11-01-2014, 12:16 PM
I am quite sure white is a colour as well ;)
Nope... white and black are just contrasts... not actual colours ;)

Appeltjes
11-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Nope... white and black are just contrasts... not actual colours ;)

And what about a black and white photo?

BaronB
11-01-2014, 12:20 PM
And what about a black and white photo?
Thats exactly what it is... a photo with NO colour :)

BaronB
11-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Also remeber... black absorbs all light thatshines or reflects off it which is why we see no colour... where as white reflects off all colours... an as you aware I hope white is the combination of the colours of our spectrum which is why something like a glass prism when light is shone through it will give you the rainbow of colours coming out the otherside.

Baron and science +1 ;) :p

Candylicks
11-01-2014, 12:27 PM
I'm starting to enjoy the game by what feels right for my own style and not worrying about how other people judge my mage or what I have equipped. The scythe may not be flashy but when I'm hitting those big crits and slice through the mobs it feels right.

Kershal is outdated. That's coming from someone who never thought I would give up the lollipop.

BaronB
11-01-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm starting to enjoy the game by what feels right for my own style and not worrying about how other people judge my mage or what I have equipped. The scythe may not be flashy but when I'm hitting those big crits and slice through the mobs it feels right.

Kershal is outdated. That's coming from someone who never thought I would give up the lollipop.
Tbh I was using last years scythe for a loonnggg while. Probs one of the most used used weapon after elon.

For me the guns auto aim and damage alone wouodnt have been enough to sway me... its the op(which is well needed) proc imo that has me going back to it ^^

Candylicks
11-01-2014, 12:34 PM
I have tried and tried to love my rifle. I use auto all the time and it's so darn slow. With staff I can zap zap zap which I love. Idk I use my Elondrian for bosses that's it. Staves just cut it better in mobs and tombs...

ColdBlahd
11-01-2014, 01:01 PM
I have tried and tried to love my rifle. I use auto all the time and it's so darn slow. With staff I can zap zap zap which I love. Idk I use my Elondrian for bosses that's it. Staves just cut it better in mobs and tombs...
Best post on the forums, legit.

BaronB
11-01-2014, 02:01 PM
I didnt wanna sound too noobie tbh... but truth is my aim sucks with staff lool :( I was playing about with a kersh n scythe other night n struggling to kill mobs lool like I would turn around and shoot away from them cause im to busy tripping out running in all diff directions xD >. <

Energizeric
11-01-2014, 02:54 PM
It's all about playing style, which is why they give us different options. If you prefer to play close to your enemy and be a sort of mage tank, then a staff will surely be better. If you instead prefer to run circles around your enemy and shoot from a distance, then the gun is better.

Candylicks
11-01-2014, 03:16 PM
I've never had that problem. It feels natural to me to face the enemy I'm trying to kill.

BaronB
11-01-2014, 03:43 PM
I've never had that problem. It feels natural to me to face the enemy I'm trying to kill.
Might have to come join your runs see how a mage handles his staff...

Candylicks
11-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Her staff. (': The rifle is for nab guys who are always firing in the wrong spot. Lol.

BaronB
11-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Her staff. (': The rifle is for nab guys who are always firing in the wrong spot. Lol.

Lmao... yeh I dont seem to kill much either.... just firing blanks... but touche ^^

SacredKnight
11-01-2014, 04:48 PM
I think it's safe to assume, the Ker'shal Scepter is the most redundant Arcane Weapon. Reaching redundancy after one expansion :P

Candylicks
11-01-2014, 05:11 PM
I think it's safe to assume, the Ker'shal Scepter is the most redundant Arcane Weapon. Reaching redundancy after one expansion :P

Noob staff. Yeah I said it. (:

Editing to say yeah I used to for waaaaay to long.

aarrgggggg
11-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Gun is unargueably best mage weapon in my opinion...
Autoaim, greater range, highest overall damage, highest skill damage.
Stacking 250 armor proc which in my case is always at 250 armor...stacked
root proc

i have tried every endgame mage weapon extensively and in my opinion the elondrian rifle is the hands down winner
for both pvp and pve

test this out for yourself.....if u can afford all the various weapons

go to watcher tomb 4 in a solo party and run it for an hour or two straight with each weapon......

When i drop my charged clock with gun it hits harder than any other weapon.....period

no need to dps auto attack from a staff when mobs are all dead from 1 skill :)

I will explain my playstyle with this as well, i use 4 attack skills light, fire, clock, ice
now if you throw a defensive skill in maybe a staff would be better because theyre is more time between skills to use an auto attack
but for me using 4 attack skills i fire the gun just enuff to keep the armor stacked and thats all thats neccasary because im dropping skill after skill til everything is dead

In my opinion as a mage the MOST important stat is damage and gun hands down has that.... the best damage and the best skill damage

also i clear tombs faster with gun compared to kershal....must be the damage :)

Ok so i posted about the majority of the reasons that i believe the gun is the best
I would love to see an opposing post as to why a (fill in the blank) is better.

aarrgggggg
11-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Disco ball ftw!

Kershal is for sure pretty in purple haha
But that is where its redeeming qualities end

CAK Vader
11-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Would someone be so kind as to screenshot the new scythe? I quit al but I like to see the new stuff ;)

Leonut
11-02-2014, 03:28 AM
It's all about playing style, which is why they give us different options. If you prefer to play close to your enemy and be a sort of mage tank, then a staff will surely be better. If you instead prefer to run circles around your enemy and shoot from a distance, then the gun is better.

He got it spot on. There is no better or worse, just how you play. I use the staff, aim well, time my terrors and do massive damage - even to warriors.

So if you want the best of both worlds, pvp and pve, get the staff and use the right built.

Magegrimm
11-02-2014, 06:23 AM
Well my mage is 100% pve built so I think um going with elondrian rifle because I Suck at aiming too I hate when bosses always run around. Thanks for all this great answers!

Leonut
11-02-2014, 08:45 AM
Well my mage is 100% pve built so I think um going with elondrian rifle because I Suck at aiming too I hate when bosses always run around. Thanks for all this great answers!

You are correct. But I urge you to try to get better at your aim. Then you will understand the benefits of a staff. No harm working at it.

Gun makes you get lazy. I used to love the mythic gun and it took me awhile to get use to a staff.