PDA

View Full Version : Survey

obee
11-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Hey guys, I'm going to be conducting a survey based on halloween for AL. Please PM me if you would like to be in it or answer on this thread.
Questions I will ask.

Did you make platinum tier?
If you made platinum, how long did it take?
How many any eggs, amulets, or mythic weapons did you loot or buy during this event?
How much platinum did you spend during this event?

Appeltjes
11-01-2014, 11:55 AM
No
No
None
7x25=175 plat on respec scrolls (more wouldn't fit in my stash :p)

Ps, put tier behind "did you make platinum" first I actually thought you might have meant gold but made a mistake.

Iahwahska
11-01-2014, 12:04 PM
-Yes twice
-few days for the first and got the second yesterday
-haven't looted anything worth mentioning but got a Blinky and Grimm each and bought recipes
-spent no plat and didn't buy any energy

Arachnophobik
11-01-2014, 12:19 PM
-Yes
-about 3-4 days, i got guildies on plat, then they invite me and we usually get para, thus faster tier progress.
-none aside from blinky and para stone. Tho i made a decent amount of gold from token farming.
-none. None of the plat offers work on me

obee
11-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Hey guys try to be exact with the number of days.

Dex Scene
11-01-2014, 12:45 PM
*Yes, on 2 profile and one is 3200 point now!
* Rogue took 7 days and mage took 9 days!
* bought like 7 grim, looted 4-5 blinky. Looted tons of haunted ring and 3 eerie pend (41 level mage, 12 level war and 41 level mage again). No myth weapon!
* only like 150 plats to open 10 necro lock on first 2 days. I didn't buy it, i had 150 plats left from last event!

Edit: I was lazy to play my warrior until the last day! I made my war 4200 points from 3200 points in 3 hours.

jerzy448
11-01-2014, 01:02 PM
1. No
2. No.
3. Got blinky egg from gold tier
4. 0 Plat spent. Event wasn't enjoyable enough to make me want to.

Dumbledore
11-01-2014, 02:28 PM
1. No
2. No
3. None
4. None

Are you counting blinky eggs ? I got one... :)

scychogost
11-01-2014, 06:29 PM
- yeah
- 1 week
- 23 itens that i brought in total ( 8 Necro Skulls )
- 0 plat

GoodSyntax
11-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Hey guys, I'm going to be conducting a survey based on halloween for AL. Please PM me if you would like to be in it or answer on this thread.
Questions I will ask.

How many any eggs, amulets, or mythic weapons did you loot or buy during this event?

Yes...3 toons to plat, one more to gold

I got to plat on my main on the second day, my other rogue took about 3 days, my tank took almost a week and my sorc I got to gold yesterday.

Other than Blinky, I looted perhaps 4 amulets total. I purchased, with coins, at least 3 grimm eggs. No mythic weapons were found in any Pumpkin chests, nor in any of the Necro locks opened.

Comfortably spent 1k plat plus a couple million gold.

Personal note: after most events lately, I just feel like it is a money grab. I honestly don't feel any sense of accomplishment, nor are any of the other items besides Blinky and the stone worth the time or effort. I do appreciate being able to buy Grimm eggs with coins, so in time, that may be able to offset the extreme costs associated with running this event. But, with Grimm flooding the market, this may take a few months to see some profit.

It would be nice to see good weapons dropping, or amulets/rings that are superior to Tarlok Hearts and Wild Amulets.

Finally, with no one farming elites, I have been able to sell all of my magma totems, planar armor/helms and spirit/druid gear, so that was a good blessing for me!

Serancha
11-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Personal note: after most events lately, I just feel like it is a money grab. I honestly don't feel any sense of accomplishment, nor are any of the other items besides Blinky and the stone worth the time or effort. I do appreciate being able to buy Grimm eggs with coins, so in time, that may be able to offset the extreme costs associated with running this event. But, with Grimm flooding the market, this may take a few months to see some profit.

It would be nice to see good weapons dropping, or amulets/rings that are superior to Tarlok Hearts and Wild Amulets.

Finally, with no one farming elites, I have been able to sell all of my magma totems, planar armor/helms and spirit/druid gear, so that was a good blessing for me!

So the best part of the event is nobody farming elites. I don't event want to get into how wrong that is. I totally agree though, there's no accomplishment, only a sick feeling in the pit of one's stomach at the exorbitant costs of playing during these times.

I think a large part of the issue is that STS is basing their pricing on the numbers from a year of platinum fraud. Expecting this kind of payouts from normal honest people who have to pay their real live dollars is just criminal. It's not right to require so much for so little reward, and absolutely no sense of achievement or satisfaction. 5 plat a run is totally insane with no way to run the event otherwise without hours farming and more hours crafting. It took my warrior 5 hours to get enough essences for 10 runs. That's just wrong.

I got 1 char to plat the first day, 2 in the next 4 days, and two more after a week. I am never doing that again. I can't afford this kind of cost for no reward - not even enjoyment when I have to cough up more money every hour.

Remember Me
11-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Made 10 gems roughly 42k points but no mythics looted from greater chest....

obee
11-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Made 10 gems roughly 42k points but no mythics looted from greater chest....
How much plat did you use

Konyalimusti
11-01-2014, 08:45 PM
No
No
6-7 blinky eggs

IGN:Konyalimusti

SacredKnight
11-01-2014, 08:55 PM
No
N/A
None
75 Plat on energy kits, not for myself though. I bought them for my friend ;)

Visiting
11-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Did you make platinum tier? Yes, on two toons.
If you made platinum, how long did it take? A day for each.
How many any eggs, amulets, or mythic weapons did you loot or buy during this event? I got ammys out of chests? Idk how many, 2 from the chest you get for silver tier, and maybe 15 from Greater Pumpkins.
How much platinum did you spend during this event? 1700, I used it to buy energy during plat sale :)

Kreasadriii
11-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Q:
1. you make platinum tier?
2. If you made platinum, how long did it take?
3. How many any eggs, amulets, or mythic weapons did you loot or buy during this event?
4. How much platinum did you spend during this event?

A:
1. Yes
2. Not too long cause I just enjoy the event, not focuses on tiers but focuses on investment and seeking advantage from busy stuff
3. a blinky egg from gold tiers, 2 grimm egg bought by token, got perfect doom cheap I bought from friend, never loot mythic and prepare to buy elond gun
4. None platinum & none energy that I buy from auction, all my energy drop from boss, loot from pumpkin greater, and crafting it.. As I mention before focuses on farming than reaching plat tiers.. hehe

aarrgggggg
11-02-2014, 02:18 AM
I took 2 toons to platinum tier, 0 toons to leaderboard

The first toon took me about 8 or 9 days of (grinding casually) in wt4 to earn my energys for the event,
my second toon took about 6 hours

I looted 2 mythic gems, 2 blinkys, and a handfull of vanitys via tokens

My total cost to get 2 toons to plat tier was roughly 600k for energy with toon #2 because i never farmed energy with that toon at all not 1
maybe 800-900k if u include ankhs

I spent 0 plat

Idly
11-02-2014, 05:51 AM
Yes
3hrs
Ghoulish blades, 23 grimm, blinky
Roughly 1000

Vls
11-02-2014, 05:57 AM
Mm

Yes, and Im making on my 2nd toon.

About 8 days for me.

Got 2 Blinky's eggs and 1 Grimm's egg (need 100 token to buy 2nd Grimm).

Zero platinum.

Gensin
11-02-2014, 06:15 AM
Yes
3 days
15 Blinky eggs, Since I did all of the things in my alts I'll say bazillions of necroptic sets lvl 5 and bazillions of lvl 5 hellish sets.

Xenobiotic
11-02-2014, 06:55 AM
Yes
2 days
1 Blinky and 1 Grimm

nelson131
11-02-2014, 07:01 AM
hmmmmm.

got to plat tier

4 days

got 5 grimm eggs, 2 farmed,3 bought, 1 opened

how much plat did i spend?

30 from free offers

Candylicks
11-02-2014, 07:03 AM
What's the point of this?

Ice
11-02-2014, 07:07 AM
1 hour per toon. saving para gems for 46 weapons .

Migzorille
11-02-2014, 07:17 AM
-yes
-4 days
-blinky and grimm
- 1 energy kit worth 19,245 gold

obee
11-02-2014, 09:02 AM
What's the point of this?
It'd be cool to see like the averages of some Halloween numbers

Worship
11-02-2014, 09:04 AM
No
No
None
None

obee
11-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Things I have seen with the data-With 25 people surveyed. Note: This is not a lot.

About 68% of participants have made it to platinum.
For those who made it, it took about 3.5 days to make it. Note: Some data points like 3 hours or 6 hours, or even 1, might be harming the data set.
60% of the 25 did not buy platinum. This was very interesting, because what I saw in many of the posts, the people surveyed had said "The event wasn't worth my money." I also saw a point where someone had said the free offers were low. Out of all 25, only 2 people used free offers.
3 people out of the remaining plat users used over 1000 platinum.
The average number of items thAT I specified that were looted, bought, or sold, was 6.16. I included blinky. Grimm was a big factor, and it seemed like almost everyone got Grimm.

I will update this post for every 25 people surveyed, until we get to 500. Then, I will sum up the data with big charts and everything.