PDA

View Full Version : Device advice

Dizzy
02-05-2011, 03:03 PM
So. A couple of months ago I got an HTC Evo, which I love. The only problem is the slow processer which makes the framerate sloooooow. In earlier levels it's fine, but once I get to the AO levels, the game plays like stop-motion. It's nearly impossible to play--almost like the game is lagging or bad ping. Enemies suddenly show up right next me, the group I'm with is suddenly in the room we were standing outside of, my manna shield went up too late and oops I'm dead.

My question to y'all is would rooting my phone help or is a slow processor a slow processor?

Alternately, I've been thinking of getting a tablet, so any feedback on which tablet works the best for gaming? I'd put this in the Android section, but I'm open to an iPad as well.

Beyond being able to use my phone and the interwebs, I'm not very technically savvy, so speak slowly. :D

thanks...

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Love your tittle;)

judgementbow
02-05-2011, 03:30 PM
I have a rooted droid x. Every once in a while I may notice a lag while running on the stock processor settings. Once I overclock it, there is no problem at all.

So yes rooting will improve your game's performance. If you go for a tablet I would suggest android. Just like for the smart phones, apple has a set system and android can be customized, rooted, and anything else you can think of to the extreme.

This website will explain anything you need to know about rooting the HTC Evo. If you need me to, I'll look through it and explain exactly what you should do.
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/

Dizzy
02-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Ah, thanks. That answers some of my questions. I'll check out that link when I get home tonight. :)

judgementbow
02-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Hey I read up a little about your phone. The only thing I hate is that it can be bricked. Which means it's possible to make your phone useless. If you do decide to do it LET ME KNOW if you have any questions.

I rooted my droid X because there's no way to brick it.