PDA

View Full Version : I've figured out the solution to fixing the energy system

Energizeric
11-01-2014, 10:40 PM
I've been thinking about this for the entire day today. I'm trying to reach Platinum tier with a few toons, and it's so boring doing the same dungeon over and over and over. Why? Well because I do most of my runs solo. Why is that? Well, occasionally I can find friends to do runs with, but most of the time nobody is around, or they are busy, or their parties are already full, and I don't have the time to sit around and wait for an opening. Part of the appeal of this game being a "mobile" game is that you can just sit down and play for 15 minutes.

The problem is that joining random groups will get you nowhere. Because the boss who appears is based on the tier of the first member who joins the dungeon (I'm pretty sure it is), joining PUGs is a good way to waste lots of energy because you'll keep getting the lowest boss. So those in a situation like mine, once we reach gold tier, we run the dungeons solo to make sure we get a good boss and don't waste our energy. After all, it takes 5 of the lowest boss to equal the number of points of the best boss, and that would mean wasted energy, and at 30k per energy, who wants to waste them.

The solution is to have 3 different dungeons, one for bronze tier and lower, one for silver tier, and one for gold tier and higher. These dungeons can even look slightly different in terms of the mobs that appear to make it more interesting, or maybe not if STS feels that is too much extra work.

In the Bronze tier dungeon, most of the time you get the lowest boss, and sometimes you get the second lowest. In the Silver tier dungeon, most of the time you get the second lowest boss, and sometimes you get the second highest. And in the Gold tier dungeon, most of the time you get the second highest boss, and sometimes you get the highest boss. Entry to each dungeon is limited by your tier. So you cannot gain entry to the Silver tier dungeon until you reach silver tier, and so on.

This would allow everyone to join random groups and not have the fear of ending up getting the lowest boss even if you are gold tier. It would make these events much more enjoyable.

Kakashis
11-01-2014, 11:52 PM
I always found it weird the way it's currently set up too hehe

Serancha
11-02-2014, 02:31 AM
Wasn't that, again, like Tarlok? Each level boss had it's own room? Yes, yes it was.

Please STS we loved tarlok. Use energy for the town-to-boss portals (they cost 5 plat at the time so was exactly the same) and give us the same in-map portal system we had in that event, where people could join map portals free and therefore could actually play as much as they wanted. Have the people in various tiers land in the appropriate map and bingo, all is well.

j3peaz
11-02-2014, 07:05 AM
Wow such a simple solution.

nelson131
11-02-2014, 07:21 AM
wonderful ener makes wondrful epic suggestions

Candylicks
11-02-2014, 07:26 AM
Yes this is great. I ran a lot of PUG's and was so frustrating to get the first boss and waste and energy. I love this idea!!!!!!!

Different dungeons for each tier, or at least three of them. They can do the final one with the chance that either of the last two bosses will pop.

Bless
11-02-2014, 08:43 AM
Agreed. It can be like the tombs: if you haven't unlocked the tier, you cannot enter that dungeon!

obee
11-02-2014, 10:30 AM
STS look at this man and marry him! He will bring you twice as much more players and more money!

Sorcerie
11-02-2014, 10:39 AM
In the Halloween feedback thread I suggested they improve the filter system so that people of the same level and tier are filtered together so as not to waste precious energy and time with bosses that are going to keep you from getting to the next tier.

I tried myself to get two extra Blinky's from running twinks just to have, but with me getting Scourge and Valko in PUG groups constantly I knew it was gonna be a hell of a stretch and that's with me running those twinks since first day and free energy. I managed to get half through silver before realizing that it just wasn't gonna happen running twink PUGs.

But for all we know the system could have been created this way to deter players from running multiple toons for top tier rewards, esp given that twinks aren't meant to run long term, they're more of a pvp/event based toon. In this sense, if you really want that gold/plat tier reward you actually have to earn it either by soloing, farming energy, or buying kits.

That's my two cents.

MonsterMage:D
11-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Sts: "We love your feedback and our developer team is thinking about it."

1 month later at Tarlok event:

Energy refills once every 48 hours, the maximum energy you can get is 2, you get 1 energy for 25 plat, energy is non-tradeable, and you can't loot energy from bosses anymore.

Appeltjes
11-02-2014, 10:45 AM
Sts: "We love your feedback and our developer team is thinking about it."

1 month later at Tarlok event:

Energy refills once every 48 hours, the maximum energy you can get is 2, you get 1 energy for 25 plat, energy is non-tradeable, and you can't loot energy from bosses anymore.

Lol that looting energy from bosses is screwed up already.

Ebezaanec
11-02-2014, 10:46 AM
Tarlok.

Why fix something that was never broken?

I honestly do not care about letting platters use town portals for runs, but let the spawned portals give free entry. The spawned portal bosses can even give less tokens and points! That way the plat whales aiming for LB see town portals as more appealing (hint hint: More income). People who want to have fun don't mind grinding it out a bit with "lesser" portals.

Appeltjes
11-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Tarlok.

I honestly do not care about letting platters use town portals for runs, but let the spawned portals give free entry. The spawned portal bosses can even give less tokens and points! That way the plat whales aiming for LB see town portals as more appealing (hint hint: More income). People who want to have fun don't mind grinding it out a bit with "lesser" portals.

Lol that won't give them more income since only a small part of the playerbase would pay for a portal, with this the spawn of portals also should become way less then that it is now because atm it's way to easy to spawn a portal.

Ebezaanec
11-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Lol that won't give them more income since only a small part of the playerbase would pay for a portal, with this the spawn of portals also should become way less then that it is now because atm it's way to easy to spawn a portal.

It's the concept that stands. Online players are more inclined to spend money than offline ones

Anarchist
11-02-2014, 11:55 AM
2 observations.

#1. This has been suggested like a bazillion times so i do not understand why it hasn't been added to the event system.
#2. This event was a success so i highly doubt sts will remove the energy system, maybe make it more FTP and adjust somethings but definately won't remove it.

Axesam
11-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Game for us, business for sts. Face it, take it or leave it.

Serancha
11-02-2014, 10:39 PM

That's not true. In the Tarlok event the portals only spawned after bosses died, and not frequently. The leaderboard runners would still pay for in-town plat portals, but this would let everyone else play as much as they wanted also. It's a win win and would not reduce plat spent.

Remember Me
11-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Tarlok.

For profits, this world is run on money.

Caabatric
11-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Im not sure but i think one dev said the reason they removed portal system was because of holding portals open.

=1 to ener

Ninjasmurf
11-02-2014, 10:51 PM
That's not true. In the Tarlok event the portals only spawned after bosses died, and not frequently. The leaderboard runners would still pay for in-town plat portals, but this would let everyone else play as much as they wanted also. It's a win win and would not reduce plat spent.

Even if people didn't spend plat for portals wouldn't they use their plat to open more locked crates instead?This is actually a good thing because the price of event mythics would drop allowing more people to afford them.

It's a win win for the game. Unfortunately STS doesn't think so and they created the energy system. Really sad that we waste time making these threads and nothing changes.

We all agree that tarlok was the best event so why won't STS fix it? If only they added something in the game that made it worth playing. For months it's been double xp weekend, free respec, double super gem, double story tokens, event for plat buyers.... When will we get something that's fun and worth playing again? At this rate it looks like never.

Energizeric
11-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Guys, the energy system is not going anywhere, and that is actually a good thing.....

Even though it has not been officially stated by STS, it appears quite obvious that they have heard all the complaints about locked crates over the past year and they are now trying to shift revenue to other areas of the game and put less emphasis on locked crates. Just recently they have allowed an arcane item to drop in arena, and now we are told that a new mythic amulet will be available for completing a quest.

If we can see more good items dropping in the game and less of a need for locked crates, then I am fine with the energy system. In the Elondrian event, they gave out a pet reward that was very OP, and I think now they have learned their lesson. Giving exclusive vanity items is a good way for them to earn money. As you can see from the leaderboard for this event, people are still spending plat to make the leaderboard, yet the reward given for making the leaderboard is nothing that will alter balance in the game or give anyone a playing advantage. It's all for the "cool" factor.

So let's give this new way a chance. Remember that without significant revenue, this game will be doomed the way the other legends games were. Yes, they were fun to play, but without updates, how many people are still playing them?

Ninjasmurf
11-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Guys, the energy system is not going anywhere, and that is actually a good thing.....

Even though it has not been officially stated by STS, it appears quite obvious that they have heard all the complaints about locked crates over the past year and they are now trying to shift revenue to other areas of the game and put less emphasis on locked crates. Just recently they have allowed an arcane item to drop in arena, and now we are told that a new mythic amulet will be available for completing a quest.

If we can see more good items dropping in the game and less of a need for locked crates, then I am fine with the energy system. In the Elondrian event, they gave out a pet reward that was very OP, and I think now they have learned their lesson. Giving exclusive vanity items is a good way for them to earn money. As you can see from the leaderboard for this event, people are still spending plat to make the leaderboard, yet the reward given for making the leaderboard is nothing that will alter balance in the game or give anyone a playing advantage. It's all for the "cool" factor.

So let's give this new way a chance. Remember that without significant revenue, this game will be doomed the way the other legends games were. Yes, they were fun to play, but without updates, how many people are still playing them?

Lol really... When was the last time someone looted fossil from arena? Without buying plat I don't even know how noobs can get to lvl 41 without Quitting and deleting the app.

Energizeric
11-03-2014, 12:03 AM
Lol really... When was the last time someone looted fossil from arena? Without buying plat I don't even know how noobs can get to lvl 41 without Quitting and deleting the app.

I've only seen a few nekro's running around, so based on that I'd assume very few people have looted a fossil from arena or from locked crates.

Serancha
11-03-2014, 12:26 AM
I haven't heard of a single fossil looted from arena, which means neither has anyone I know.

phillyr
11-04-2014, 10:37 AM
I like the idea of keeping energy system for free spawns but having rare portal spawns from bosses. Even if its a rare chance it gives some incentive to play some of the mundane maps again. They could cross the great tarlok event system with the new boring 8hour wait for energy system and make a lot of people more willing to stay logged in

just another upbeat positive comment from your friendly neighborhood forumer 😆

mmaachilles211
11-04-2014, 01:49 PM

So ur saying you need plat to get to lvl 41? Lolz how do u figure? 41 is easy all u have to do is grind out maps for a while.

Appeltjes
11-04-2014, 01:51 PM
So ur saying you need plat to get to lvl 41? Lolz how do u figure? 41 is easy all u have to do is grind out maps for a while.

New people don't know where to grind, how to do it without hundreds of deaths, etc.......

Ninjasmurf
11-04-2014, 02:14 PM

Think about people that just downloaded the game. Do you think they know how to buy items in auction and farm wt4 for xp? When you install a new game is it fun to run the same maps for weeks to get to endgame?

The people that are playing now will most likely be the last players. The more that quit, the less business STS will get. They need to focus on current issues and stop making these events.

The lb winners are always the same rich people and they get a bigger advantage over the average players (SnS). We've given STS easy solutions so they should just fix it