PDA

View Full Version : Can someone power level me please : )

SharonSweetie
02-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Hi All,
I saw the post where nice people are leveling new players. Would anyone like to do that? Please add me SharonSweetie

Thanks!

KingFu
02-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Do you have a level 50 already?

SharonSweetie
02-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Do you have a level 50 already?

No, I just started. Im a level 5 right now : )

Physiologic
02-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Oh my god `-`

KingFu
02-05-2011, 05:00 PM
No, I just started. Im a level 5 right now : )

Do yourself, and EVERYONE else a favor and level the right way. You probably haven't even gotten passed forest haven and you already want to power level?!?!? When you hit 50 via power leveling, you know nothing about the game, or how to play it. You can't learn while you're 50, you have to learn along the way. Going from 5-50 from power leveled is pathetic, and will do nothing but get you disrespect. I don't mean to sound harsh, but me along with the rest of the community are sick of 1) Power leveling threads being made 2) Noobs being power leveled.

SharonSweetie
02-05-2011, 05:02 PM
; ( meanie
Do yourself, and EVERYONE else a favor and level the right way. You probably haven't even gotten passed forest haven and you already want to power level?!?!? When you hit 50 via power leveling, you know nothing about the game, or how to play it. You can't learn while you're 50, you have to learn along the way. Going from 5-50 from power leveled is pathetic, and will do nothing but get you disrespect. I don't mean to sound harsh, but me along with the rest of the community are sick of 1) Power leveling threads being made 2) Noobs being power leveled.

recklessfa
02-05-2011, 05:02 PM
It s about time the forum reflect what we see in the game...
three recent threads: pure awesomeness
To answer popular request Sts should soon release the god mode cheat codes.
Be patient Sharon

KingFu
02-05-2011, 05:04 PM
; ( meanie

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm telling you how it is. The last thing this place needs is another person power leveled, all the fun is leveling! You realize once you hit 50, it's all pretty boring right? It's no different, and being level 50 doesn't make you good or a pro, at all. You'll be at least decent if you leveled in your suggested zones, ie in forest haven 1-10, dark forest 10-16 etc. If you power level you don't know diddly squat.

Dizzy
02-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Oh hon, you're about to get a bucket of flack.

Powerleveling is controversial because if you don't play out the game the way it was intended, you don't learn how to play. Right now the game is filled with level 50s who don't know how to play, and it makes the game much less fun for those of us who took the time to learn.

My advice: play through the quests, build your friends list, enjoy the journey. There's no need to rush to getting to the end.

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Why bother having the game if you're not gonna play it?

KingFu
02-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Why bother having the game if you're not gonna play it?

Why bother being level 50 if you don't know how to play?

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Why bother being level 50 if you don't know how to play?

I was agreeing with you Mystic lol.

KingFu
02-05-2011, 05:11 PM
I was agreeing with you Mystic lol.

I know, I was adding on to it....Lol

karmakali
02-05-2011, 05:12 PM
In an attempt to make this a minutely informative thread....maybe someone can clarify something for me.
Sweetie is a level 5- yet she is listed as a 'junior member'
I have seen level 30's-40's with just 'member' by their name.
What's the determining factor in this classification?
Thanks for your answer in advance :)

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 05:14 PM
It's based on number of posts on the forum.

KingFu
02-05-2011, 05:24 PM
In an attempt to make this a minutely informative thread....maybe someone can clarify something for me.
Sweetie is a level 5- yet she is listed as a 'junior member'
I have seen level 30's-40's with just 'member' by their name.
What's the determining factor in this classification?
Thanks for your answer in advance :)

1-49 posts = Junior Member
50-99 posts = Member
100+ posts = Senior Member

Kossi
02-05-2011, 05:25 PM
1000+ posts= epic member

karmakali
02-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the quick response :)

Physiologic
02-05-2011, 05:32 PM
1000+ posts= epic member

10,000+ posts = legendary member

KingFu
02-05-2011, 05:40 PM
10,000+ posts = legendary member

Is that a real rank?:p

Physiologic
02-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Is that a real rank?:p

You're pretty close to it, try it out! Just no power leveling threads please :)

KingFu
02-05-2011, 05:45 PM

I wouldn't dream of it!

KingFu
02-05-2011, 05:46 PM

I wouldn't dream of it!:o

karmakali
02-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Lol.....I was gonna say....now there will be a rush of forum levelers...good thing 1.7 comes soon or we would all be responding to ridiculous threads in an effort to reach 10000 posts..... oh....we are aren't we?
;) does that make 11 or 12? Oh god- its snowballs and yeti pelts all over again!

Balgreta
02-05-2011, 06:31 PM
i had the unfortunate experience of grouping with a lvl 50 full dex mage today, who had one 1 quest completed, had 700 kills to its name and DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THE STORE WAS TO BUY ELIXIRS :S

All the group potted up for OL and then spent more than 5+ mins explaining to this noob how to buy elixirs while ours timed out and dissapeared before i left the party.

Something needs to be done;
I know there is going to be optional level restrictions in 1.7 but this still wont stop people from being power leveled by others, it will only stop leeches chancing their luck in games they shouldn't be in without an invite :( :(

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 06:53 PM
See what happens when you ask for power leveling you get trolled by cool happy oldie people, oldies gone wild!

noobmigo
02-05-2011, 07:00 PM
The problem I had when I was a lvl 1-30 was that i kept on trying to join higher lvl games (not to power lvl) but to see how the higher lvl people fought. (this was back in the early lvl 45 days) I kept on getting booted. I resorted to playing lost expo and soloing myself to victory, but because of the lvl 45 arses booting me, i didn't have any advanced knowledge of the game. I had no idea how a mage could combo til bout lvl 39 when one of my friends helped me. Also, i didn't know how to get to forums. So cool oldie people also helped the "Mynas Gen Type" evolve into true noobs.

Thank you so much cool oldie people. (ILY sarcastically)
(Oh heck yes, this is going to lead to alot of trolls, but oh well.)
(No offense cool oldies)

Noobmigo

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Go play with Cheesecakess -- he's lvl 5 and desperate for friends right now.

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Oooh that's why your noobmogo!

noobmigo
02-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Hell yes.

Didn't you know?

noobmigo
02-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Then again, now cool oldie people are much nicer.

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Yea except to power levelers and powerlevelees

noobmigo
02-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Which is the problem in the first place.

Pharcyde
02-05-2011, 07:12 PM
; ( meanie

Its the truth, and your response makes me think you have no desire to enjoy this game or contribute to the community. Do me a favor and give me all your in game names from the past, present and future. I want to ignore them all.

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Yeah I'm going to do that from now on brb I'm ignoring cheese

RedRyder
02-05-2011, 07:18 PM
I did all the work to get there so why can't you? Smfh. Devs do something about this please. Like disabling xp gain when not in the appropriate level range. I promise you won't lose money that way, it'll just encourage players to advance

Pharcyde
02-05-2011, 07:20 PM
I did all the work to get there so why can't you? Smfh. Devs do something about this please. Like disabling xp gain when not in the appropriate level range. I promise you won't lose money that way, it'll just encourage players to advance

Devs will be making it so you can set minimum level requirements to join, wont stop it 100% but pretty close.

P.S. - Devs really do need to make a disable exp gain if in higher range, I notice most Myna's gens don't even purchase other maps, just Alien Oasis.

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Wait but I need to power level my ALTS

giayuan
02-05-2011, 07:23 PM
I think this sharon person is a girl and she just quit the game xD
and how do you not know a mages combo? isnt it natural to understand fire melts ice and trying it out? I personally understood the combo as soon as i had ice and fire at my disposal :D

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Devs will be making it so you can set minimum level requirements to join, wont stop it 100% but pretty close.

P.S. - Devs really do need to make a disable exp gain if in higher range, I notice most Myna's gens don't even purchase other maps, just Alien Oasis.

That pisses me off the most. People shouldn't even be allowed to buy later maps until they bought the earlier ones. (With the exception of FN and Skeller, of course).

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Sharon I think has quit she isn't playing and she didn't post....let's make a party for one less gen!

giayuan
02-05-2011, 07:28 PM
WHEEEEEEE *party emote*

EDIT: whats funny is that when I was noob, I told people they wasted money on emotes. I said that they were paying real money for an ability to make an ingame, fake animation ;D well looky here! ive bought everything there can be bought with plat except the stupid cowboy hats...

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Hehehe lol

Pharcyde
02-05-2011, 07:30 PM
That pisses me off the most. People shouldn't even be allowed to buy later maps until they bought the earlier ones. (With the exception of FN and Skeller, of course).

It might get confusing and frustrating for people trying to purchase maps, a system like that makes this game seem like it leaches money of of your pockets at a constant and steady rate. I think they should be able to purchase the maps, but when they try to play it, they get a notification or get stopped by one of the Elf Guards saying they are not skilled enough to enter yet. Then direct them back to the proper leveling grounds for them. This might upset people with alts, so make it so that you can play any dungeon, as long as you have one level 50 player. This ensures that people will get the skills the first time, then can power level the second time.

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Yea and then high levels will learn your a level 50 and respect you oh yea can imagine it

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 07:34 PM
It might get confusing and frustrating for people trying to purchase maps, a system like that makes this game seem like it leaches money of of your pockets at a constant and steady rate. I think they should be able to purchase the maps, but when they try to play it, they get a notification or get stopped by one of the Elf Guards saying they are not skilled enough to enter yet. Then direct them back to the proper leveling grounds for them. This might upset people with alts, so make it so that you can play any dungeon, as long as you have one level 50 player. This ensures that people will get the skills the first time, then can power level the second time.

Wouldn't that piss you off more if you just spent your only plat on a map you can't use? They would at least have to have like three warnings before someone buys that map to tell them they won't be able to use it yet -- like "Are you sure you want to purchase this?" "Are you absolutely sure?" "You won't be able to gain experience here so are you 100% sure without a doubt that you want to buy this map?"

RedRyder

When lost expedition was the newest camp, it was required to be a certain level to even purchase a camp. Any other oldies remember?

giayuan

I like! *makes forum accounts* +10 votes from me :D

Question: exactly WHAT is skeller crunch returns? is it like a map extension or something? cuz from what I understand, its a map... (noob question my bad)

EDIT: WHOA! three posts same time! lol..
Giayuan: Triple Kill

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 07:37 PM
When lost expedition was the newest camp, it was required to be a certain level to even purchase a camp. Any other oldies remember?

So why'd they change it? To make more money?

Pharcyde
02-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Skeller Crunch Returns is a side dungeon to Fathom Crypts. It was good for me as a noob to get fast decent gear, and level from 27-35 fast. Exp is quite good for noobs actually.

Wouldn't that piss you off more if you just spent your only plat on a map you can't use? They would at least have to have like three warnings before someone buys that map to tell them they won't be able to use it yet -- like "Are you sure you want to purchase this?" "Are you absolutely sure?" "You won't be able to gain experience here so are you 100% sure without a doubt that you want to buy this map?"

yeah lets make warnings, but other games have systems like that. You can purchase the product, but wont be entitled to use it until you reach the proper level. Wouldn't it actually drive players harder to level up? I know that when I was a noob, often it was hard to find good or full games in the proper level, so I soloed a lot, which gave me skills. Also locked content that can only be unlocked by ranking makes it seem "magical and enticing", exactly what this game needs.

RedRyder
02-05-2011, 07:42 PM
So why'd they change it? To make more money?

Must have been the most logical thing to do at the time, that and people complaining sounding like banshees couldve done it lol. Something along those lines has to come back..

Fyrce
02-06-2011, 01:33 AM
If I buy a car racing game, get my brother to do all the races, unlocking all the cars and gears and boosts, and then when he's done that, I play, do you think I could race like a pro, because I have access to all cars, gears and boosts?

Powerleveling per se isn't the problem. It's people who do not know how to play, who then get to the end game, and then wonder why they are still not having fun, have to play lower level dungeons because they really really fail in the high level dungeons, and are angry at the game because their money did not buy them God mode. They skipped to the endgame and are bored, having skipped the whole game.

I get bored staring at the end credits of a movie also, especially if I haven't watched the movie at all...

I found these forums because I actually research a game before playing it. I definitely do that before paying money for it. So what's that mean? That means visiting the website, of course. And the message boards... And guess what I found here? I also read what reviews were out there and any videos, etc.

The forum members are trying to be helpful when they tell a newbie to not powerlevel. It's not time. It's not jealousy. It's not "I was here before you."

It is trying to help a new player to enjoy the game, by actually playing the game. Because being a failed character is not going to help that player in the end game and they will just feel frustration as everybody kicks them out and do not friend them for their incompetence. A mage who did not know how to survive in OL and does not listen? I would take the group and go and kill the OL and then NOT friend that mage or play with that mage ever again, assuming that mage did not know how to survive OL. That does not make me happy, does not make my friends happy, and certainly does not make that noob mage happy either. Some mages figure it out and those mages are ok.

And maybe some think because they are level 50, they look like all other level 50s, but really it's easy to tell a failed level 50 from the others. The failed one doesn't know how to use his skills at all, doesn't seem to know anything about PL game play, and likely doesn't know what the various gears are or why they are used. And since they did not play the game over the 50 levels, their friends list is very very poor, which will also frustrate them because level 50s generally play with their friends, since they spent 50 levels building that list up. They will not know how to jump games, join games, lead games, or what remaking, rushing, clearing, etc is about.

This is a grouping game. It requires time playing in groups. If your entire game play is leveling with just 4 other people, well, that's not a very good friends list to make your game play or your online time enjoyable.

I suppose some people consider the advice "Don't powerlevel" or "Play the game" to be rude. The reality is that the old players are trying to tell you what the game is about: making friends. This is an MMO. It's hard to play or enjoy the game without friends. You make your friends through many hours of playing together. During good game play, everyone becomes friends. You need many of these to build up a good list for when you are trying to level or do quests or farm. Powerleveling will not help you to make a good friends list and learn the game.

icantgetkills
02-06-2011, 01:46 AM
i was talking to some kid level 50 with 400 kills 650 deaths 6 pvp kills 250 deaths and he only had ao3 -_______-
its a dex bear if u see something that horrible its him -____-

Pharcyde
02-06-2011, 02:02 AM
If I buy a car racing game, get my brother to do all the races, unlocking all the cars and gears and boosts, and then when he's done that, I play, do you think I could race like a pro, because I have access to all cars, gears and boosts?

Powerleveling per se isn't the problem. It's people who do not know how to play, who then get to the end game, and then wonder why they are still not having fun, have to play lower level dungeons because they really really fail in the high level dungeons, and are angry at the game because their money did not buy them God mode. They skipped to the endgame and are bored, having skipped the whole game.

I get bored staring at the end credits of a movie also, especially if I haven't watched the movie at all...

I found these forums because I actually research a game before playing it. I definitely do that before paying money for it. So what's that mean? That means visiting the website, of course. And the message boards... And guess what I found here? I also read what reviews were out there and any videos, etc.

The forum members are trying to be helpful when they tell a newbie to not powerlevel. It's not time. It's not jealousy. It's not "I was here before you."

It is trying to help a new player to enjoy the game, by actually playing the game. Because being a failed character is not going to help that player in the end game and they will just feel frustration as everybody kicks them out and do not friend them for their incompetence. A mage who did not know how to survive in OL and does not listen? I would take the group and go and kill the OL and then NOT friend that mage or play with that mage ever again, assuming that mage did not know how to survive OL. That does not make me happy, does not make my friends happy, and certainly does not make that noob mage happy either. Some mages figure it out and those mages are ok.

And maybe some think because they are level 50, they look like all other level 50s, but really it's easy to tell a failed level 50 from the others. The failed one doesn't know how to use his skills at all, doesn't seem to know anything about PL game play, and likely doesn't know what the various gears are or why they are used. And since they did not play the game over the 50 levels, their friends list is very very poor, which will also frustrate them because level 50s generally play with their friends, since they spent 50 levels building that list up. They will not know how to jump games, join games, lead games, or what remaking, rushing, clearing, etc is about.

This is a grouping game. It requires time playing in groups. If your entire game play is leveling with just 4 other people, well, that's not a very good friends list to make your game play or your online time enjoyable.

I suppose some people consider the advice "Don't powerlevel" or "Play the game" to be rude. The reality is that the old players are trying to tell you what the game is about: making friends. This is an MMO. It's hard to play or enjoy the game without friends. You make your friends through many hours of playing together. During good game play, everyone becomes friends. You need many of these to build up a good list for when you are trying to level or do quests or farm. Powerleveling will not help you to make a good friends list and learn the game.

Exactly, P.S: I can't help but notice that if you change one number in your post count, it will be 666.