PDA

View Full Version : A little advice/suggestion

judgementbow
02-05-2011, 06:50 PM
*Take this however you want it as long as you read and understand the viewpoint of a new member looking at some of the things that have been posted. I'll probably only make a few more posts on the topic since I'm fairly sure that it'll just create unnecessary turmoil.*

Ok decided to finally post something about this since I really do believe it's hurting the community more than helping. First of all, I joined the forums and read up on the game before I even made a character. Took me about 4 days to reach level 50. I tried to only join games where I was no more than 5-10 levels under the suggested level so that I would be able to contribute. Either way, I consider join a game where you're under the level for that game power leveling. I've played other mmorpg's and this game is a lot easier to learn. So power leveling was just a way for me to prepare for the new content and be able to join AO3 games so that I could learn before they were ignored as people went for level 55. As soon as I reached 50 I ran everything in AO3 very easily with some good groups and then made and ran my own games with no problems at all. I'm guessing that I'm considered part of this "mynas gen" everyone has been talking about, but you won't see any game that I lead fail.

Instead of attacking anyone asking for power leveling, give them a quick guide on the game and actually try to HELP them before you judge them on 1 post. The first time I saw the comments on a power leveling thread I was almost sure that it would be locked by an administrator. The entire conversation was just plain ugly. There are a few guides and plenty to be found with the search function, but it is hard to learn everything seeing as most of the things people may want to know are somewhat hidden. I don't judge anyone by the way they want to play this game simply because I didn't pay for them to unlock the content and I don't own them. If someone wants to be power leveled say yes or no and move on. I've power leveled a few people myself. They have a BUNCH of questions and I'm HAPPY to answer anything that they need to know. I also refer them to sign up on the forums to learn more themselves.

Now I do understand that certain people don't want to learn, they just want to level. Guess what, the developers gave us a boot function. This basically makes the argument that power levelers who don't learn anything hurt our game-play null and void. If they can't hurt the time I spend playing the game, then I don't see any reason to "fix" the issue. If I can learn this game in a week because a few people decided to answer my questions instead of blowing me off, anyone can. (As I said before if you've played WoW, or runescape, or anything else then this game is very easy to learn. There's only so much complication that can be added to something that people have to play on a phone)

*Now for something a little more constructive. If anyone has been playing for a while and would be willing to help me write a guide, I do still have a few quick questions that I would like answered in further detail. I would've already had one done, but I want the new update to come out so that I can have current pictures. Maybe we can get a sticky and compose a list of FAQ's and a few more questions that aren't asked but should be noted.

Ayrilana
02-05-2011, 06:59 PM
There are plenty of guides on how to play the different classes in their respective forums. There are also a few guides on how to do the AO3 bosses including VL runs. Nothing is really hidden. The thing about making a guide strictly for those who power-level is that the exact same skills they could "learn" from reading they would've learned from playing the game correctly.

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Look your not a mynas gen unless your brainless which your not you are experienced from other games and makes you good but the others are brainless they waste precious furom time by begging in this game no one likes beggars nor boneheads that's why people who played right and aren't brainless get mad

Pharcyde
02-05-2011, 07:09 PM
1.) Its a casual MMO, don't expect it to take as long as WoW to reach end level. They are also making it longer to reach end game on monday (1.7 is released).

2.) You shoulda been here a couple months ago, noobs were actually kind and appreciative of our help. Now they walk all over us, so thats why this forum has gone to a more hostile approach to new members. Anyways when I see a new player worth talking to, I'll give them 100% of my time and energy to help or answer, Like this thread. There was a thread posted the other day saying "Jee I wish you nolife god players would be nice to us noobs". Do you think I would take a thread like that seriously?

3.) As for power leveling, power leveling is basically putting people who can't even survive in forest haven into alien oasis 3. Can you see how that might get annoying for players who are sick of constantly booting skill'less players that tend to flood every public game?
P.S. - Last time I hosted a public match, I had to boot 8 people before one non myna's gen joined.

4.) I don't know what you mean about people "blowing off" your questions. If you post something on the forum that isn't spam or trolling, you will get a full and complete answer in a fairly short time.

5.) I'll help you out, ask away :).

Edit: I just re-read my post, I saw it can be kinda taken in a negative manner. That was not my intent nor am I flaming, I just stated as I saw them.

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 07:11 PM
1.) Its a casual MMO, don't expect it to take as long as WoW to reach end level. They are also making it longer to reach end game on monday (1.7 is released).

2.) You shoulda been here a couple months ago, noobs were actually kind and appreciative of our help. Now they walk all over us, so thats why this forum has gone to a more hostile approach to new members. Anyways when I see a new player worth talking to, I'll give them 100% of my time and energy to help or answer, Like this thread. There was a thread posted the other day saying "Jee I wish you nolife god players would be nice to us noobs". Do you think I would take a thread like that seriously?

3.) As for power leveling, power leveling is basically putting people who can't even survive in forest haven into alien oasis 3. Can you see how that might get annoying for players who are sick of constantly booting skill'less players that tend to flood every public game?
P.S. - Last time I hosted a public match, I had to boot 8 people before one non myna's gen joined.

4.) I don't know what you mean about people "blowing off" your questions. If you post something on the forum that isn't spam or trolling, you will get a full and complete answer in a fairly short time.

5.) I'll help you out, ask away :).

Edit: I just re-read my post, I saw it can be kinda taken in a negative manner. That was not my intent nor am I flaming, I just stated as I saw them.

You call 'em like you see'em

judgementbow
02-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Oh don't worry I'm not taking anything bad. To Ayrilana: the class guides are great, no problem with them at all. I did find the AO3 guide. All the guides that I found were great, I guess that part could be put in the suggestions forum. A "guides" sections would be wonderful. Only threads that had been approved would be allowed so that the information stayed correct. I had the patience to search through everything to find the answer to multiple questions, most people don't. Power leveled or not. I'll save this for a later date I suppose.

Pharcyde: No offense taken. I'm pretty sure I've seen many of your posts that have helped me. As far as people blowing me off, it was more of an in game issue. Someone would ask a legitimate question and everyone near them would shout noob. I even got a few rude pm's after answering their question.

Maybe my post wasn't worded the best it could have been. I was really addressing some of the comments that I've seen on some of the power leveling threads. I completely understand that people have become annoyed with it after so long. I also understand that every once in a while you will feel the need to simply say what you want to say to the person. My problem is that these people being power leveled won't ask any questions if every time they see a post on power leveling it's met with negative comments. I had a ton of questions that could have been posted, but I spent my time searching to avoid getting the same kind of treatment that I had seen. Someone else might have been reluctant to even join the forums entirely. And then you'll see them in game, joining your PvE group, and standing still while Gurgox is growling wondering what they should do.

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Lol, look you can ask but we are bait irritated and might get wrong with good people since we get nervous

Physiologic
02-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Pharcyde has pretty much all the points covered. I didn't have a problem with powerleveling at all nor services that were provided (Reported's service for example (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?17038-Free-Powerleveling-Service!)). But these past 2 months have been absolute hell - check all the links I mentioned on this thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?18419-The-power-leveling-epidemic). Power-leveling has spread word of mouth, in-game and on the forums, and there are just way too many new players begging to be power leveled. When they are 50, they have absolutely no control over their character whatsoever. There are cases in which people are being scammed for power leveling services, both on the seller's side and the buyer's side. You may be one of those rare players that actually grasp how to use their character despite being powerleveled, but unfortunately you are a small minority in the massive group of power levelers in general.

Dizzy
02-05-2011, 08:03 PM
As a new member to the forum, I agree with the OP somewhat.

I mean, I DO understand the frustration the older forum members have with the state of the game. Spend anytime in Balefort, and you'll see begging, be spammed with friend requests from lvl 9s who then ask you to level them, or someone offering 2k gold for your endgame gear. Spend time in open games and you'll get lvl 12s in AO games, mages who don't heal, and bears that don't tank. These aren't isolated things as we all know. This stuff is wide-spread and ruins the game.

On the other hand, I've seen some people have their heads ripped off for asking the wrong question on the forums. That doesn't happen too often, but I've seen it.

More often I see snarky, smug answers to people just looking for information. I saw a thread from a few months ago in which a person asked for strategy to beat a boss he was having trouble with, and most answers boiled down to, "I solo'd that boss with a naked lvl 12 int bird. Noobs." None of the answers were helpful, most people who answered just mocked the OP for not being able to kill such an "easy" boss. I see a lot of that.

I love the forums, I've learned so much here. And most people are friendly and helpful. But I think given the influx of bad players and the begging we're starting to see here on the forums, older forum members are getting exasperated and taking it out on newer people who ask questions or innocently ask about powerleveling.

I've spent many hours on this forum, searching and reading. And frankly, sometimes it's impossible to find decent answers. The stickies are old, many threads are outdated, and good information gets buried. I usually find the answer or figure it out myself, but it's not always as easy as "just use the search."

All I'm saying is when a newbie asks a question, if the first reaction is to sniff out some snark, maybe take a minute to consider if a snarky answer is really helpful. Sure it lets out some frustration, but it can also create an ugly tone in the forums.

Edit: the OP posted while I was writing this, and made all these points better than me. Heh.

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Well I'm glad dizzy took "the slow scenic route to level 50"

Pharcyde
02-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Oh don't worry I'm not taking anything bad. To Ayrilana: the class guides are great, no problem with them at all. I did find the AO3 guide. All the guides that I found were great, I guess that part could be put in the suggestions forum. A "guides" sections would be wonderful. Only threads that had been approved would be allowed so that the information stayed correct. I had the patience to search through everything to find the answer to multiple questions, most people don't. Power leveled or not. I'll save this for a later date I suppose.

Pharcyde: No offense taken. I'm pretty sure I've seen many of your posts that have helped me. As far as people blowing me off, it was more of an in game issue. Someone would ask a legitimate question and everyone near them would shout noob. I even got a few rude pm's after answering their question.

Maybe my post wasn't worded the best it could have been. I was really addressing some of the comments that I've seen on some of the power leveling threads. I completely understand that people have become annoyed with it after so long. I also understand that every once in a while you will feel the need to simply say what you want to say to the person. My problem is that these people being power leveled won't ask any questions if every time they see a post on power leveling it's met with negative comments. I had a ton of questions that could have been posted, but I spent my time searching to avoid getting the same kind of treatment that I had seen. Someone else might have been reluctant to even join the forums entirely. And then you'll see them in game, joining your PvE group, and standing still while Gurgox is growling wondering what they should do.

You sir, have just graduated from junior member to senior member, even though it doesn't officially say so on your name :). Anyone who takes the time to search out information first deserves to be helped, there are some things you can do to stand out when asking a question on the forum. You can start the thread off by saying:

"I got a few questions that I could not find anywhere on the forums, I found one thread about "so and so" but I didn't understand "so and so". That right there makes you stick out of the typical beggars who get on the forum and go "cna I haz phr33 st00f pl0x?". Think about posting on the forums like going for a job interview, what are you going to do to stick out the most for the job? Or in this case what are you gonna do to be viewed as a respectable and knowledgeable player. Because a guy who went to college is gonna be taken more seriously then a highschool dropout applying for a vice president possition. Thay help a bit?

As for asking questions in game, I really don't recommend that, at all. In game users are usually 8 year olds who got ahold of their parents credit cards or angry emotional people. The odds of getting a player like me, Arterra, Lesrider, Mysticaldream, Fluffnstuff and many many more is very unlikely, as most of us spend the bulk of our time in private games or here on the forums :).

Here is the all true and scary example of what pocket legends in game community is becoming *tears up*:

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/brandonb3/4574e2f1.jpg

As a new member to the forum, I agree with the OP somewhat.

I mean, I DO understand the frustration the older forum members have with the state of the game. Spend anytime in Balefort, and you'll see begging, be spammed with friend requests from lvl 9s who then ask you to level them, or someone offering 2k gold for your endgame gear. Spend time in open games and you'll get lvl 12s in AO games, mages who don't heal, and bears that don't tank. These aren't isolated things as we all know. This stuff is wide-spread and ruins the game.

On the other hand, I've seen some people have their heads ripped off for asking the wrong question on the forums. That doesn't happen too often, but I've seen it.

More often I see snarky, smug answers to people just looking for information. I saw a thread from a few months ago in which a person asked for strategy to beat a boss he was having trouble with, and most answers boiled down to, "I solo'd that boss with a naked lvl 12 int bird. Noobs." None of the answers were helpful, most people who answered just mocked the OP for not being able to kill such an "easy" boss. I see a lot of that.

I love the forums, I've learned so much here. And most people are friendly and helpful. But I think given the influx of bad players and the begging we're starting to see here on the forums, older forum members are getting exasperated and taking it out on newer people who ask questions or innocently ask about powerleveling.

I've spent many hours on this forum, searching and reading. And frankly, sometimes it's impossible to find decent answers. The stickies are old, many threads are outdated, and good information gets buried. I usually find the answer or figure it out myself, but it's not always as easy as "just use the search."

All I'm saying is when a newbie asks a question, if the first reaction is to sniff out some snark, maybe take a minute to consider if a snarky answer is really helpful. Sure it lets out some frustration, but it can also create an ugly tone in the forums.

Edit: the OP posted while I was writing this, and made all these points better than me. Heh.

Yeah part of this is our fault, us forum junkies often joke with eachother by making smirky comments or posting rude pictures, I myself am gulty of this. Sometimes these friendly forum games leak out onto other posts, like question posts from a user with one post. But for the most part, we here at the forums try to answer questions to the best of our abilities.

P.S. - The time of day you post also matters, the morning crowd is certainly much different then the midnight crowd :). Example: I usually see Royce, one of the most helpful community members on around morning to mid-day. Then perfect example: Balonia was on during the midnight crowd. Balonia was a very funny and non serious person, a large bulk of the community on at that time was like that.

Dizzy
02-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Yeah part of this is our fault, us forum junkies often joke with eachother by making smirky comments or posting rude pictures, I myself am gulty of this. Sometimes these friendly forum games leak out onto other posts, like question posts from a user with one post. But for the most part, we here at the forums try to answer questions to the best of our abilities.

P.S. - The time of day you post also matters, the morning crowd is certainly much different then the midnight crowd :). Example: I usually see Royce, one of the most helpful community members on around morning to mid-day. Then perfect example: Balonia was on during the midnight crowd. Balonia was a very funny and non serious person, a large bulk of the community on at that time was like that.

Oh, I have no problem with joking around. I'm snarky and silly but there is a Time and a Place (this reads better if you imagine it being said in my strict mom voice). *grin*

I'm not talking about joking around. I'm talking about an elitist tone. A sort of Comic Book Guy attitude. A disdain for any new person who asks about something that seems obvious, or has admitted to doing something in-game that others don't approve of (like powerleveling). For instance, people are high-fiving that they chased that new girl out, the one who asked about being powerleveled. OK, she was sensitive and didn't like hearing that she shouldn't powerlevel, so perhaps it's no loss. On the other hand, what does making her feel unwelcome on the forums accomplish? The first few answers to her question were the equivalent of eye-rolls. So she leaves the forums and stops asking questions. And maybe she ends up in YOUR games as yet another clueless noob who can't play (this isn't a perfect example as she seemed unwilling to learn, but that people are celebrating her leaving really sours the tone here).

I know it's frustration with the state of the game that's creating this attitude, but I like to think that someone who seeks out answers in the forum has at least the potential to learn and grow, even if the questions they're asking seem to have obvious answers.

LOL, give me a few months, I probably won't be as generous.

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Your right I'm grumpy in the mornings trolling like my mom does in the morning In the midday I'm helpful and a little funny in the night I get rambunctious and crazy

Pharcyde
02-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Oh, I have no problem with joking around. I'm snarky and silly but there is a Time and a Place (this reads better if you imagine it being said in my strict mom voice). *grin*

I'm not talking about joking around. I'm talking about an elitist tone. A sort of Comic Book Guy attitude. A disdain for any new person who asks about something that seems obvious, or has admitted to doing something in-game that others don't approve of (like powerleveling). For instance, people are high-fiving that they chased that new girl out, the one who asked about being powerleveled. OK, she was sensitive and didn't like hearing that she shouldn't powerlevel, so perhaps it's no loss. On the other hand, what does making her feel unwelcome on the forums accomplish? The first few answers to her question were the equivalent of eye-rolls. So she leaves the forums and stops asking questions. And maybe she ends up in YOUR games as yet another clueless noob who can't play (this isn't a perfect example as she seemed unwilling to learn, but that people are celebrating her leaving really sours the tone here).

I know it's frustration with the state of the game that's creating this attitude, but I like to think that someone who seeks out answers in the forum has at least the potential to learn and grow, even if the questions they're asking seem to have obvious answers.

LOL, give me a few months, I probably won't be as generous.

You never know :) I'm still super generous, but when a fail thread comes along, the troll comes out of me :).

Well my advice for all new players is to look knowledgeable when you post and also say thankyou to everyone who took time to help. Nothing will get you a bad reputation faster then making a lame thread then flaming people in it. A example would be of a poor person named Cake, he got powerleveled then begged for free gear, now he's pretty much forever known as a beggar and noob, even though hes trying to change his image.

As for the people who think they stand above everyone else:

It's part of being a oldie and pro player. The longer you do something or the more you achieve, the more greedy and judgmental you get, welcome to real life government and economics :P.

Then also this doesn't help when the bulk of people representing the new players continue to lower even the lowest expectations of them. President Bush represented all of the U.S; now the entire world see's us as racist KKK cowboys herding cattle for a living. We can't change that for awhile :(. See how impressions stick?

Pharcyde
02-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Your right I'm grumpy in the mornings trolling like my mom does in the morning In the midday I'm helpful and a little funny in the night I get rambunctious and crazy

Morning I'm like:
http://www.steadyburn.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/lazy-cat5.jpg

Mid-Day I'm like:
http://ttbmarketplace.cachefly.net/img4908322.jpg

Night-Time I'm like:
http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww15/joost5/misc/darthvader-riding-cat-joost5.jpg

Kujen
02-05-2011, 09:17 PM
The hostility you may be seeing is because power-leveling has reached an all time high.. it has as Physiologic's thread states, become an epidemic. It's everywhere. People are sick of it. New people used to join the forums, would ask questions, and the community would gladly answer any question, anything that could help them. Now we get new people joining, and instead of asking questions about the game, they ask us for powerleveling, gold, free items. They want us to do things for them, to have everything handed to them. It is very annoying to be begged, especially by people you dont know. The game is, as you mentioned, fairly easy. Why can't they just play the game as intended? We just want people to play the game, enjoy it, learn, ask questions along the way..not wait until they're lvl 50 without a clue.

Zeus
02-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Powerleveling without prior experience in knowing the tactics and strategies of the game in a sense is like cheating your way through an AP class, then when the AP test comes... You have no idea what you are doing, and just hope you can get a 3. Not such a good game plan :)

Pharcyde
The hostility you may be seeing is because power-leveling has reached an all time high.. it has as Physiologic's thread states, become an epidemic. It's everywhere. People are sick of it. New people used to join the forums, would ask questions, and the community would gladly answer any question, anything that could help them. Now we get new people joining, and instead of asking questions about the game, they ask us for powerleveling, gold, free items. They want us to do things for them, to have everything handed to them. It is very annoying to be begged, especially by people you dont know. The game is, as you mentioned, fairly easy. Why can't they just play the game as intended? We just want people to play the game, enjoy it, learn, ask questions along the way..not wait until they're lvl 50 without a clue.

true that, answered a question on the forums the other day and the thread makers reply was "Another question, can you give me full cosmos please?"

Powerleveling without prior experience in knowing the tactics and strategies of the game in a sense is like cheating your way through an AP class, then when the AP test comes... You have no idea what you are doing, and just hope you can get a 3. Not such a good game plan :)

Nice comparison :D.

judgementbow
I know we don't have a points system but for that last post pharcyde, I'm giving you +10 in my mental list lol

edit: Probably should've refreshed before I said last post, but I'm saving the pic of darth vader riding the cat.

Ayrilana
02-05-2011, 09:24 PM
I know we don't have a points system but for that last post pharcyde, I'm giving you +10 in my mental list lol

edit: Probably should've refreshed before I said last post, but I'm saving the pic of darth vader riding the cat.

+10 pretzels works too

Pharcyde
02-05-2011, 09:24 PM

:D gladly excepted!

Also: The Devs can do a few things right now to save the community:

Minimum level requirements to join games (Coming on moday)
Disable Exp gain if player is in too high of a dungeon
Make it so players only get exp from a high level in lower dungeons if player is added.
Make a new map buying system, so players can't just buy one top level map and nothing else.

Physiologic
02-05-2011, 09:31 PM

Oh damn, I remember after studying for AP Calc BC, Physics and Chemistry and being totally wiped out for AP Bio...got 3/4s on first three tests, and on AP Bio I got a 2 because I tried to wing it so badly.

Dizzy
02-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Oh guys, believe me, I get it. I hate the begging, I hate it when people say "gimmie gimmie" instead of thank you. I know it goes both ways. And I understand why people are losing patience.

I'm hoping the most annoying, lazy, entitled players are actually locusts and will die off at the end of the season.

Also, Darth Vader riding a cat is the epic thing ever.

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 09:36 PM
I prefer the cat clicking the remote drinking deer

Pharcyde
02-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Oh guys, believe me, I get it. I hate the begging, I hate it when people say "gimmie gimmie" instead of thank you. I know it goes both ways. And I understand why people are losing patience.

I'm hoping the most annoying, lazy, entitled players are actually locusts and will die off at the end of the season.

Also, Darth Vader riding a cat is the epic thing ever.

I have respect for Reported (guy who started this game-wide power leveling crazy by first offering the service), but his service has hurt the community more than it has helped. I still respect him though just because his original intent was to help, not hurt.

I think we will see a major decrease in myna's gens when they
Get bored and quit
Refuse to pay anymore for 1.7 content
Power leveling threads stop
Minimum level caps are added
Disable exp gain in too high of a dungeon.

Fyrce
02-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Ok, this is bad, so if you are easily offended, don't read further.

While the poster is not a mynas gen and isn't one of the ignoramouses, I'm am insulted. I generally like answering questions and talking game dynamcs better but I do not think I can ignore someone ignoring all the time I and others spend online and in game helping newbies. And BTW, the term newbie or newb is NOT an insult. It just means someone new to a game.

I have recently answered lots of newbie questions nicely, both online and in game. When someone asks questions about game dynamics, etc, I answer if and when I see those. I see very helpful people in these forums and in game as well. Someone always answers newb questions and I see lots of thanks. It's why I think most game players are good people.

It seems obvious to me someone is seeing the few times others insult NOOBs (which BTW IS an insult) and extrapolating that to mean everyone is annoyed with newb questions. That is NOT the case at all and if you actually have stalked these forums or sat around in town, you will know this. That is if you stalk more than the "gimme" and "level me" threads.

Ok, shutting up now. Sorry all. Just a bit offended right now and pondering whether to punish all newbs for this insult. Hrm.

judgementbow
02-06-2011, 01:17 AM
I'm sorry but I think you took everything I said way out of context. At the moment I have 8 different forum tabs open so I didn't post this after reading just a few posts. I've read a ton of posts to say the least. I don't see why you think I'm attacking the people who have been helping the community. I honestly don't know what to post since I don't see what you're offended by.

My best explanation would be this. Any power leveling thread that I have seen usually starts off with 3-4 simple sentences asking to be power leveled. This is always followed by 3-6 pages of people talking about the "mynas gen" and how bad power leveling is. Once again, I understand how some people may feel about it. I only used power leveling because this is the only instance where I've seen the negative posts. I believe Pharcyde and Dizzy understood me the best. My post wasn't about power leveling, or any specific members, or anything else that should be taken as insulting.

My post was addressing the issue of how a new member (willing or unwilling to learn on their own) might view the forums at a glance. If you buy a bunch of grapes and find two or three bad ones you really wouldn't notice. However as most people have said, there is an overwhelming amount of threads where members are asking to be power leveled. Now you have a nice amount of wrinkled grapes staring you dead in the eye. If new content is constantly being added, then one can guess that more and more people are playing this game. Which means more and more people are visiting the forums. This is where I don't understand how this could be taken as insulting. I'm bringing to the attention of the community that maybe continually posting negative feedback on something that is seen as ok to a growing amount of new members (power leveling), you could be pushing away good members who could be joining the community. I guess as a new member looking in I see it differently than you which is understandable. Our government is constantly rotated for the same reason. Things that become normal and seem fine to an older member, could be viewed in an entirely different light by a "noob".

I don't know I guess you took everything I said too seriously which is kind of what I thought might happen with this thread. I wasn't telling "everyone" to do this or do that, I was just offering a little constructive criticism (lighten up a bit). If you think I can explain myself better let me know.

Edit: I wanted to quote this from Dizzy. I like the way he put it.:
"I mean, I DO understand the frustration the older forum members have with the state of the game. Spend anytime in Balefort, and you'll see begging, be spammed with friend requests from lvl 9s who then ask you to level them, or someone offering 2k gold for your endgame gear. Spend time in open games and you'll get lvl 12s in AO games, mages who don't heal, and bears that don't tank. These aren't isolated things as we all know. This stuff is wide-spread and ruins the game(....)On the other hand, I've seen some people have their heads ripped off for asking the wrong question on the forums. That doesn't happen too often, but I've seen it(....)I love the forums, I've learned so much here. And most people are friendly and helpful. But I think given the influx of bad players and the begging we're starting to see here on the forums, older forum members are getting exasperated and taking it out on newer people who ask questions or innocently ask about powerleveling."

Pharcyde
02-06-2011, 02:14 AM
Welcome to the community judgement ;) don't worry too much about "offending" people. Often playful and for sure not meant to offend posts are taken very badly, it's just hard to see the emotion behind text sometimes, and for some reason the most common emotion seen is anger or flame.

Anyways, if you plan on being a active member and sticking around, you will be able to post anything you want, and if its taken in a bad way it can be corrected by a simple "my bad, text sounds worst then intention :D". Especially once you get to know the people around this community.