PDA

View Full Version : Online Broadcasting - Creating a Stronger Community for STS Games/Generating Interest

XghostzX
11-02-2014, 06:44 PM
**This is the PM I sent to JustG and Samhayne**

I'm not sure if you already heard about this popular website and mobile app known as "Twitch" : http://www.twitch.tv/directory
It's a website that allows players (of almost any game) to do live broadcasts of their game for viewers to watch, and discuss.

Recently, Twitch started working with developers of mobile apps/games. The first company they directed their attention to was Gameloft - more specifically, Order and Chaos Online. When you open up the main menu of the game, there is a tab that lets you (assuming you have already created a twitch account and you are already logged in) start a "live broadcast" almost instantaneously. The broadcast is put directly on the mobile app and website for viewers to watch.

What's neat is how popular this website has become. I came across a World of Warcraft channel that was hosting a world-series championship tournament - it generated 80k+ viewers!

What I'm proposing (or just suggesting) is that Spacetime Studios should contact Twitch and allow all of their games to be able to do automatic, live broadcasts straight from their phones. It uses the Camera on the broadcaster's device to show someone's face in a small screen (which is optional, you can have just the audio if you prefer), and then shows the gameplay happening at that exact moment. It could potentially bring the community together and even gain more interest from players that aren't aware of your games.

I'm more biased to Pocket Legends - but I could definitely see this being extremely popular for Arcane Legends.

I believe the only way to have this system is by contacting Twitch. Imagine how cool this could be! Here's a link that shows Twitch's new movement to mobile games: http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/03/twitch...ng-experience/

I think this would be a cool step for STS. Hopefully this can be taken into consideration!

Somemager
11-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Im a daily twitch user so i would love to watch a few Legend game streams +1

Faq
11-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Most YouTube videos of pl get around 300 or so views. It's a good idea but I'm skeptical it would generate new player intrest

Crashy
11-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Yeah, Pocket legends!

XghostzX
11-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Most YouTube videos of pl get around 300 or so views. It's a good idea but I'm skeptical it would generate new player intrest

That's because nobody goes on youtube and searches "Pocket Legends"

Twitch is one of the most popular sites for gamers. You scroll through the categories, and come to "mobile" games. Imagine only seeing Order and Chaos and the Legends games - trust me, it would get more attention than you think.

Booked
11-02-2014, 07:58 PM
That will help sts a lot :) hope they listen to you Will

angeldawn
11-02-2014, 08:03 PM
STS does use twitch occasionally. They used it for the 24 hour gaming charity event

I'll send you some videos of it later if you go on kik ;p

I think it's a great idea Will!!

XghostzX
11-02-2014, 08:28 PM
STS does use twitch occasionally. They used it for the 24 hour gaming charity event

I'll send you some videos of it later if you go on kik ;p

I think it's a great idea Will!!

Oh, I wasn't aware of that! Thanks for the info.

Hopefully my suggestion to implement a direct way to stream live through our PL app still stands. That's really what I'm aiming for.

angeldawn
11-02-2014, 08:29 PM
I agree!!! I would love it!!

Then you guys can see the crap I go through lol

Stevenmc
11-02-2014, 08:59 PM
If you play on PC you can stream to twitch without having it integrated into the game itself, I've done it! Of course PC is harder to use for this game IMO.

Burstnuke
11-02-2014, 09:41 PM
They used it an Arcane Legends tournament as well

XghostzX
11-02-2014, 09:50 PM
If you play on PC you can stream to twitch without having it integrated into the game itself, I've done it! Of course PC is harder to use for this game IMO.

That's what I want to get away from! It if was done for just mobile, that would be so easy to use and sweet.

Waug
11-02-2014, 10:55 PM
here's the idea of twitch + games that I kept thinking ofc Gameloft integrated twitch with their o&c app for few device support -

the broadcast should be from the server's end not from the players device, pl is also meant to be for not so high end devices so if it's from player's end it would be nearly impossible for those devices + high internet bandwidth needed

so if somehow sts integrate twitch in sts games it broadcast from the server's end, trust me I'll be the very fast and most active in it, it would be greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat . IK it's biased in the sense that i'hv slow net just a 100mb upload takes me a lot time (in YouTube) lol

thanks ghost for bringing this up

Ssneakykills
11-03-2014, 03:24 AM
Yeh the devs in that 24 hours visited every sts game the own for a while and had different developers, designers and people in the back ground who help run the game. The twitch stream got pretty popular when it was streaming

Motivating
11-03-2014, 11:38 AM
I spend a good few hours on twitch every day and wouldn't mind seeing PL on there, atm you can probably stream it from you pc atm though.

Edit- Tried streaming, RIP internet

anahadaz
11-03-2014, 03:43 PM
This is a great idea! Can't believe it took 4 years for someone to think of it! The question is, are sts motivated enough to go through with something like this? I'd say so if they got a lot of player support!

Sheugokin
11-03-2014, 04:27 PM
This is a great idea! Can't believe it took 4 years for someone to think of it! The question is, are sts motivated enough to go through with something like this? I'd say so if they got a lot of player support!

Million dollar question right der.

Oculus
11-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Very good idea! If sts could implement this it would be great! I want to see PVP ownage

programmed
11-03-2014, 06:01 PM
I've never used twitch but if it is something that could advertise for STG I'd say it's a good idea.

Sheugokin
11-03-2014, 06:34 PM
I've never used twitch but if it is something that could advertise for STG I'd say it's a good idea.

If you are ever struggling in any game, twitch should have some real life guides to help you.

megapetazeta
11-03-2014, 07:51 PM

Waug
11-04-2014, 02:14 AM
This is a great idea! Can't believe it took 4 years for someone to think of it!

if someone could think about it and if he would be capable of implemented it 4 years ago then, he would make more than $1billion by now, lol. twitch was not there 4 years ago, in 2011 it was formed though but peaked it's popularity just one year ago. so it's still new kinda and for mobile game streaming I think it's new-er, it's perfect time for STS to go for it.

Motivating
11-04-2014, 02:34 AM
Best thing about twitch is watching people get swatted xD

Onepropally
11-04-2014, 09:10 AM
Another great idea sts will just pass by. Lol.

XghostzX
11-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Well, I'm glad you all like the idea. Thanks for the feedback :)

Laar
11-04-2014, 10:15 AM
I use Twitch daily to watch League of Legends, but I'd happily watch some Spacetime Games streams as well.

The thing is, it's extremely hard to gain popularity on Twitch especially with contenders such as League of Legends, Dota 2 and HearthStone, which bring in millions of viewers every day. Not saying it couldn't bring our community (The Spacetime Community) closer, but I highly doubt it could generate more interest among the Twitch community.

Pirate Captain
11-04-2014, 01:12 PM
Somehow convince syndicate or lirik to play a STG game