PDA

View Full Version : when not to use stomp

davidis57
02-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Warriors: If a mage freezes mobs and bosses or archers root them dont jump in with stomp. This is why some mages and archers prefer not to hunt with bears cause you scatter mobs that have been rooted or frozen. Use stomp before they get rooted or frozen or not at all. Use other attacks.

Kossi
02-05-2011, 08:48 PM
i think we all know...preach this is the hookers at forest haven instead

Ladylove
Actually, it's good to stomp on ice. It is a bear/mage combo called "shatter" and does some decent damage.

Pharcyde
Wrong section, but I'll forgive you considering this thread has to do with the lack of intelligence of bears. +2 and a half.

Edit: didn't read thread, -2 for me.

davidis57
02-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Btw archers wall root and mages lightning work together.

davidis57
02-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Kossi thanks for that info

Phoenixking
02-05-2011, 09:00 PM
I think it's dumb they call it hunting it's called fighting!

wolfendragon
02-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Warriors: If a mage freezes mobs and bosses or archers root them dont jump in with stomp. This is why some mages and archers prefer not to hunt with bears cause you scatter mobs that have been rooted or frozen. Use stomp before they get rooted or frozen or not at all. Use other attacks.

Hey I get more mages pushing high lv bosses then I do bears and the mages are 50s I root more will my skills and enviroment then most mages birds I know. Taunt basically does the same thing if used right which is bunch enemies. Depending on enviroment stomps and other push skills is considered crowd control bears against mobs and quick clean up if combod right. Mages and birds survival and crowd control. Some get scattered but if bear or other using push skill using it right he probally saved a life or allowed for better enemy kills.

wolfendragon
02-06-2011, 10:32 PM
I agree but if your higher lv than area your at I can see how they get it. I lilke for s&g to say before a run with lowby friends its chop chop time. Usually only say that when spec is full dex with dual swords.

Ursanblessing
02-07-2011, 01:06 AM
best to do as bear is to run to a wall (prefer a corner) and beckon, wait a few secs so arch/mage do some skills and finish it of with a stomp.
Or move a little bit from the wall, so with beckon the enemy is between you and the wall, so you can stomp what ever you want :)

Ricey
02-07-2011, 11:37 AM
But what about the shatter combo? Anyway it deals a fair amount of damage and the idea is to kill the enemies not gather them all together in a nice little circle..

Junside
02-07-2011, 11:40 AM
I swear, when I see a bear running into the battle from a distance and uses stomp, everything goes in slow motion for me and I think in my head "Nooooooooooooooooo...!!!!"

StompArtist
02-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Stomp is an art. Typically the enemies should end up stuck in a corner somewhere not in a wider circle around the mage/birds. lol

Tengotengo
02-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Bah. It's damage, and most bears know only to do that stuff against a wall, or it's too low a level to matter that much. It would suck if there was an aiming issue from moving targets, but there isn't. If a bear scatters targets, just cast again in 10 seconds.

Ptoast
02-07-2011, 12:05 PM
I think the Shattered combo does more damage than Hot Flash and it ends with the same result, scattered mobs. Maybe not because pure int mages are very powerful. I could be wrong about the damage.

Really though, most mobs are dead if a bear goes in first uses beckon then hellscream, followed by a thorn wall and cruel blast combo from a bird and a lightning (to trigger nature strike) and hot flash combo from a 'chantress.

drewcapu
02-07-2011, 12:05 PM
I don't even stomp on ice with my bear. I'll let mages finish their own Hot Flash combo.
I pretty much just use stomp for positioning bosses or clearing mobs away from mages/birds getting dogpiled.

KingFu
02-07-2011, 12:09 PM
No, if a Mage freezes (ice storm mainly) warriors better stomp, to do the ice shatter combo, then use beckon to pull em together. Ice shatter does more damage than hot flash. Other agreed.

Royce
02-07-2011, 12:14 PM
It's pretty simple. Use stomp to shatter if you want, just don't do it from the middle of the pack, do it from the edge to push them all the same way. Nothing is more annoying or delays the completion of a map more than bears or elves who constantly scatter mobs in all directions. A bear's most useful ability while clearing trash is keeping mobs packed tightly together so mage debuffs and AOE, and archer Cruel Blast can make short work of them. Scattering mobs to the four corners is totally counterproductive.

FluffNStuff
02-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Have to agree with this. Was actually playing my bird and would get a a stack of mobs all tangled up in roots for the mage to nature strike, and the bear goes and knocks them out. Quite rude.

drewcapu
02-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Ya. If a mage doesn't bolt ahead of me, I'll always taunt/beckon a group first. By the time the mage and bird have done their combos, I shouldn't even need to stomp and re-beckon, because mob is dead :)

KingFu
02-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Have to agree with this. Was actually playing my bird and would get a a stack of mobs all tangled up in roots for the mage to nature strike, and the bear goes and knocks them out. Quite rude.

Whenever a bear would do that for me, I'd always say "i don't root for you to stomp":p

FluffNStuff
02-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Whenever a bear would do that for me, I'd always say "i don't root for you to stomp":p

LOL! * 10 Characters

drewcapu
02-07-2011, 12:34 PM

Another reason why I generally don't stomp. If a mage and bird aren't quite in sync, it's easy to accidentally stomp a thorn that's been placed after ice.

StompArtist
02-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Stomp (and pull) are great skills if used correctly (for example keeping a boss still) but I do agree that most bears seem to stomp randomly... Also I hate when some stomp bosses out of their "zone" where the boss regain all life. GRRRRRRRRR.

Royce
02-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Stomp (and pull) are great skills if used correctly (for example keeping a boss still) but I do agree that most bears seem to stomp randomly... Also I hate when some stomp bosses out of their "zone" where the boss regain all life. GRRRRRRRRR.

A few days ago while fighting the keeper, I was having a reverse tug of war with a bear. He kept stomping the keeper out the door of his room, and I had to keep running to the other side of him and firestoming him back. It happened over and over. Fortunately, the keeper did not reset, but I couldn't believe how the bear just kept repeating it...

LADYHADASSA
02-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Lol quite a few tanks don't know this lol lol lol.. Another note mages have skills to drain from bosses if a stomp is used when a group is on a boss the skills are useless to use .... Lol yes preach to the forest haven but preach in castle as well... Again lack of guidance by vet players makes a lack of understanding and knowledge by new players let's not mention the ones power lvld.........

:0

StompArtist
02-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Lol quite a few tanks don't know this lol lol lol.. Another note mages have skills to drain from bosses if a stomp is used when a group is on a boss the skills are useless to use .... Lol yes preach to the forest haven but preach in castle as well... Again lack of guidance by vet players makes a lack of understanding and knowledge by new players let's not mention the ones power lvld.........

:0

I know that I always try to keep the keeper in a corner so the archers and mages can take care of him... Stomp and pull work miracles for this (if you are willing to move around a bit to send him back to the naughty corner). Most archers catch on to this and do the same with the "knock back" arrow. Makes for very fast keeper runs. Usually after a couple runs another bear pops in and sends the keeper half way across the map... lol Then again things may have changed I have not played with big bear in over a month and my little bear is still level 1.