PDA

View Full Version : Tips on soloing Elites

CheifR
11-03-2014, 03:01 AM
What is your recommeded build for a lvl 40+rogue? I went with 4/5packs
5/5pierce
5/5aimed shot
4/5traps(mainly for big hoards)
Is this fine and i should just get better gear? A new build? What do you guys recommend(I solo most elites) IGN:CheifR

Serancha
11-03-2014, 10:18 AM
For pve: Aim, Nox, Pierce, and either veil, traps or razor. No explode on veil or traps and no impact damage on nox (explode sucks and impact damage is glitched). I only use the second upgrade on pierce. Some people don't even use that, but I find that extra bit of heal comforting when smacking into a boss.

Passive agility, might, knowledge, crit - all 5/5

GoodSyntax
11-03-2014, 12:41 PM
My build is very similar Sera :-)

I keep waffling back and forth on whether I prefer Veil or Traps. Veil is best for pure parties, traps is best for timed run in parties.

Either skill has, at best, limited value when soloing.

There is no value to packs in elites, whether solo or in party. If you intend to focus on elite, get rid of the packs.

My current build:

Shadow Piercer: 1/5 - Unlock Only
Noxious Bolt: 4/5- No Serrated Arrowhead (that's the 15% impact damage upgrade, last I checked, it actually reduced damage)
Aimed Shot: 5/5
Traps: 3/5 (No Razor Wire [aka bleed], No Combustion Tank [aka explode])

Passives:
DEX: 5/5
INT: 5/5
STR: 5/5
CRIT: 5/5
Armor: 5/5
Speed: 2/5

Serancha
11-04-2014, 07:01 AM
my general rules of thumb

Veil for pure runs
Traps for enhanced runs
Razor for sticky situations (of the literal sort)

If I were going to make a general pve build, I would spec aim, nox, pierce, veil and traps. Saves on respeccing.

(This is just my opinion)
Razor is less beneficial for most situations and it has a habit of pulling major aggro onto you. Not recommended when in a party, especially one with a warrior. It can be helpful on specific bosses, but those are usually temporary event-type ones.

Ogianep
11-04-2014, 12:18 PM
For solo elite I think a Rogue has got to kite. I go max speed, nox, pierce, aimed and traps. I like razor, veil and nox with dags in tombs and mines. No pierce. If you drop your smoke on top of a Mage clock the combined effect is impressive.

GoodSyntax
11-04-2014, 11:21 PM
For solo elite I think a Rogue has got to kite. I go max speed, nox, pierce, aimed and traps. I like razor, veil and nox with dags in tombs and mines. No pierce. If you drop your smoke on top of a Mage clock the combined effect is impressive.

Just be aware, I don't believe speed stacks. So, if you have 5/5 Speed Passive and Gyrm, your passive is discarded in favor of Gyrm's greater speed boost.

CheifR
11-04-2014, 11:27 PM
Wouldn't the speed from skills be counted as, natural speed rather than a "buff" like Grimm's abilities

Ogianep
11-05-2014, 05:26 AM
I've read in other posts that speed will stack up to a maximum of 125%, but I have never actually tested it so I will defer to anyone who knows different.

CheifR
11-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Of course we Kite :D rogues are fragile but we hit like trucks