PDA

View Full Version : Now that halloween event is coming to a close

aarrgggggg
11-03-2014, 12:13 PM
I am wondering whats the ETA for planar tombs is,
More importantly that new 100% farmable mythic pendant

Looking for a new item to socket one of my para gems into :)

Even a rough guess as to an ETA from a dev would be great thank you

Samhayne
11-03-2014, 12:32 PM
We'll have more on this soon, but we're working for a Public Test run of the Planar Tombs and have it go live right after. I won't make promises of specific dates yet, but yeah, Planar Tombs is the next big thing coming to Arcane Legends.

Zeus
11-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Public test server again? Cool! This time, don't hand out super gear, haha! We have to really test it, you know? :p

Xpolosion
11-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Hmm will this be available for ios or chrome?

Appeltjes
11-03-2014, 12:43 PM
We'll have more on this soon, but we're working for a Public Test run of the Planar Tombs and have it go live right after. I won't make promises of specific dates yet, but yeah, Planar Tombs is the next big thing coming to Arcane Legends.

Android only?

Anarchist
11-03-2014, 12:52 PM

Sam in the next 2 months we will be having:
Test servers.
Planar.
Christmas event.

That is a pretty tight schedule and i believe most of the players, merchers and top players would like to jump in the tombs as soon as possible but leave a big distance between halloween and christmas in order to get the mythic pendant and merch some gold out of halloween items to be able to spend it during next event. Plat buyers will also appreciate a cool down.

Long story short bring tombs asap, postpone christmas amap.

Thank you.

Thrindal
11-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Long story short bring tombs asap, postpone christmas amap.

Thank you.

While I see your points entirely I really don't think Postponing Christmas is all that feasible and I am not talking about Christmas being December 25th which is a fixed date either. Maybe then could release it closer to Christmas but it seems like for financial and practical reasons it has to be live before Christmas. STS has to be able to take advantage of all the gift cards given out at the holidays. This is often the only time Kids get money they can use in game and many kids spend that money quickly. If STS doesn't have something worth their while to spend their money on it will just go to something else.

With that said and with STS's track record recently with updates I do fear they are pushing the envelope a bit. I don't fault STS much for the extreme server load, that is not always predictable. They did their best to do a quick fix but I feel that the quick fix started all the Android patching issues so while frustrating I don't really fault STS for that either. What I do have an issue with is all the constant buffing and nerfing, both announced and silent. I do feel STS should have a better grasp of game play and playability before releases in order to minimize the need for all the buffs and nerfs which seem excessive to me.

So while I really want the new farmable amulet (I am still holding my breath a bit that it is truly framable and not Nekro farmable) I really want STS to get it right the first time. I don't think that has happened in a long time. I would rather STS take a little extra time and get the tombs and amulet right then rush it out and it be broken in some way.

Anarchist
11-03-2014, 03:16 PM
While I see your points entirely I really don't think Postponing Christmas is all that feasible and I am not talking about Christmas being December 25th which is a fixed date either. Maybe then could release it closer to Christmas but it seems like for financial and practical reasons it has to be live before Christmas. STS has to be able to take advantage of all the gift cards given out at the holidays. This is often the only time Kids get money they can use in game and many kids spend that money quickly. If STS doesn't have something worth their while to spend their money on it will just go to something else.

With that said and with STS's track record recently with updates I do fear they are pushing the envelope a bit. I don't fault STS much for the extreme server load, that is not always predictable. They did their best to do a quick fix but I feel that the quick fix started all the Android patching issues so while frustrating I don't really fault STS for that either. What I do have an issue with is all the constant buffing and nerfing, both announced and silent. I do feel STS should have a better grasp of game play and playability before releases in order to minimize the need for all the buffs and nerfs which seem excessive to me.

So while I really want the new farmable amulet (I am still holding my breath a bit that it is truly framable and not Nekro farmable) I really want STS to get it right the first time. I don't think that has happened in a long time. I would rather STS take a little extra time and get the tombs and amulet right then rush it out and it be broken in some way.

Extra time = Test server.

Haifer
11-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Public test server again? Cool! This time, don't hand out super gear, haha! We have to really test it, you know? :p
This.