View Full Version : Impressive event STG!

Amadorbibidor
11-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Hi. I would like to thank you STG for the Halloween Event that just closed it's portal to bosses. I have to recognize I was a little negative about the Platinum Tier, just because I thinked I gonna need loads of "platinum" to reach it, but STG showed me that I was wrong!
This event I got Platinum Tier 3 days before it finished, and the best thing is that I didn't spent a penny on energy, farming Watchers Tomb 4 was enough to get platinum tier so STS just offered us the opportunity to loot a mythic gem that is very useful and stylish, also for our so loved tanks that don't care about DMG can get a profit of 2.000.000 gold. ( Buy mythic blood ruby of shuyal, gem it, sell for 2 millions more). Also the token purchaseable limited edition Halloween vanities were just awesome, 3x times cooler than elondrian ones. Grimm availability with event tokens was a nice move showing players AL is not so pay-to-win afterall, Necropolis design was awesome, bosses were very well made (paracelsus was nice, farmed him for tokens and points.) I've been very impressed of the quality of event STG offered us, see how if you want, you can?

What could I say... Just thanks!

Let me know how this event was for you or if you think STG did a great job as I think. :-)

Hunterthunde
11-03-2014, 04:12 PM
This event was great for me too!

Iahwahska
11-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Totally agree. Got plat tier twice and a bunch of goodies with out spending a cent and once I sell all my crafted stuffs my bank account will have finally recovered from upgrade weekend and then some.
Despite server issue which honestly had to be expected I give big kudos and thanks STS for making my first event here in Arlor a great one.

Amadorbibidor
11-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Totally agree. Got plat tier twice and a bunch of goodies with out spending a cent and once I sell all my crafted stuffs my bank account will have finally recovered from upgrade weekend and then some.
Despite server issue which honestly had to be expected I give big kudos and thanks STS for making my first event here in Arlor a great one.

If this is your first event then you assisted to best event AL ever had (opinion of lots of people). Elondrian and Goblin Assault events are a lame compared with what you just experimented.

Arrowz
11-03-2014, 04:50 PM
If this is your first event then you assisted to best event AL ever had (opinion of lots of people). Elondrian and Goblin Assault events are a lame compared with what you just experimented.

Tarlok event was best event ever. 4 platinum for guaranteed final boss rather than 5 plat. per run in this event in which half of the time it was drakeula. New gear that became the best for many twink brackets. Plus, by running pve maps portals would spawn that cost nothing to enter. This is how all events should be. Screw this energy crap. And no bs bosses that oneshot anything. Honestly, making an event more difficult by having minions spawn that panic aswell as numerous ways to be oneshot is just ridiculous. This should be an event to farm for rewards, not farm for deaths and essences.

Remember Me
11-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Just curious if you were around for the Tarlok event...

obee
11-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Tarlok was much better. Much more impressive, and better gear. The gear is what will get people to play

Serancha
11-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Personally I wasn't impressed with this event. Yes, the bosses were well done, and a nice challenge. The para stone is nice, although only one per character. Blinky was thankfully buffed before release, but these don't equate to the kind of cash that seemed to be expected of us by the organizers. I won't even get into the appalling stats of the legendary gear.

It was way too big a money grab and didn't have any real gratification. I am left with a slightly sick feeling in the pit of my stomach at the amount it cost just to end up #44 on the leaderboard, not to mention the number of crates opened, with the best item being a single fang. Yes I got lucky on a pumpkin chest at the beginnning, but that was the equivalent of being struck by lightning while riding on the roof of a Lamborghini wrapped in tinfoil. Most players were not that lucky.

As with the other energy events, unless you have a lot of real cash that you are willing/able and can afford to spend, you must spend hours a day running tombs and more time crafting, just for a chance to play the event.

What players want is a way to participate as much as they want without having to dig into their wallets every half hour. We have requested this every event since the energy system came in. And as has been said before, energy could be used the same way, but putting free portals infrequently after map bosses would at least encourage participation for those of us who can't afford several hundred dollars for a 2 week event.

tearacan
11-03-2014, 07:42 PM
Thats the one of the worst touch by lightning example ;)
On top of a car (highest point) wrapped in tinfoul (conducting AND touching the conducter), your toast lol

I enjoyed the event. First fun energy event. Although im not sad to see para leave. He's a nightmare

kixkaxx
11-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Personally I wasn't impressed with this event. Yes, the bosses were well done, and a nice challenge. The para stone is nice, although only one per character. Blinky was thankfully buffed before release, but these don't equate to the kind of cash that seemed to be expected of us by the organizers. I won't even get into the appalling stats of the legendary gear.

It was way too big a money grab and didn't have any real gratification. I am left with a slightly sick feeling in the pit of my stomach at the amount it cost just to end up #44 on the leaderboard, not to mention the number of crates opened, with the best item being a single fang. Yes I got lucky on a pumpkin chest at the beginnning, but that was the equivalent of being struck by lightning while riding on the roof of a Lamborghini wrapped in tinfoil. Most players were not that lucky.

As with the other energy events, unless you have a lot of real cash that you are willing/able and can afford to spend, you must spend hours a day running tombs and more time crafting, just for a chance to play the event.

What players want is a way to participate as much as they want without having to dig into their wallets every half hour. We have requested this every event since the energy system came in. And as has been said before, energy could be used the same way, but putting free portals infrequently after map bosses would at least encourage participation for those of us who can't afford several hundred dollars for a 2 week event.

You can't blame StG... It's your choice to run event and open locks. You could have farmed gems/locks and made 20-50m money in this event with same effort.

Arachnophobik
11-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Cheers! It was good. I was too lazy to reach platinum on my alts. Now im so jealous of my friends having 4 para stones, blinkys, buttload of grims etc. Lesson learned indeed.

Ravager
11-03-2014, 09:30 PM

You can't blame StG... It's your choice to run event and open locks. You could have farmed gems/locks and made 20-50m money in this event with same effort.

I think you misunderstood her post.

I see where sera is coming from. Many friends and players were not able to freely join in runs as they please because energy was constantly up. So their choice was to not play for nearly the rest of the day or go farm for a few hours to craft 1 energy kit. All this in hand, just taking away time for the player to run and enjoy the event. Couldnt really pvp too much since it was mostly dead and laggy too.

kixkaxx
11-03-2014, 11:40 PM
I think you misunderstood her post.

I see where sera is coming from. Many friends and players were not able to freely join in runs as they please because energy was constantly up. So their choice was to not play for nearly the rest of the day or go farm for a few hours to craft 1 energy kit. All this in hand, just taking away time for the player to run and enjoy the event. Couldnt really pvp too much since it was mostly dead and laggy too.

I still don't see why you and sera keep talking about energies kits are rare.. I had an entire day farming jarls and it's more than 15 essence/two hours. I suppose the number to be much larger in wt4 if you know the trick

It's just some people with arcane gears can finish the run in 1 minute not meaning that everyone can do it in 1 minute. I have had many 1hour fight with para with random parties, which is the majority of people do

If StG makes kit sooo cheap or sooo easily obtainable then these random players will just leave when they see para, instead of fighting it like now. For this part, at least, the energy system is a bless.

flluby2
11-03-2014, 11:41 PM
duh i think the energy system is great.
no energy, take a break and do something else.
got too much time on hand, go farm for energy essence.
no time and loaded, buy plats.
the game has always been designed like that, in a competition, your competitors determines your victory.
i'm out of the competition cos i dont drive a lambhor lol.

but, screw you para for granting me that much deaths in a day.

Alexmann
11-04-2014, 04:33 AM
halloween event was fun :), eggs, vanities, gems, everything was so great and fun.
i want to say "thx stg, yall hv done a great job"

Dex Scene
11-04-2014, 04:51 AM
Yes great event! Thank you STG

Serancha
11-04-2014, 04:58 AM
I still don't see why you and sera keep talking about energies kits are rare.. I had an entire day farming jarls and it's more than 15 essence/two hours. I suppose the number to be much larger in wt4 if you know the trick

It's just some people with arcane gears can finish the run in 1 minute not meaning that everyone can do it in 1 minute. I have had many 1hour fight with para with random parties, which is the majority of people do

If StG makes kit sooo cheap or sooo easily obtainable then these random players will just leave when they see para, instead of fighting it like now. For this part, at least, the energy system is a bless.

• Why would people leave when they got the best boss? That doesn't make sense, since he's the only one who dropped anything.

• We're not asking for cheap and easy, we're asking for an option that includes the entire community, encourages teamwork. and allows people to play the event as much as they like, not how much they can afford.

• If they put this much work into making an event, players should have the ability to actually enjoy it and get the most they can out of it. I for one am a lot more happy to spend money on elixirs and some paid portals, when money is not being demanded of me whenever I want to join a friend or a guildmate.

• It's not just 2 people who feel this way, it's the majority of the players in the game.

• If someone has all top gear, it stands to reason they would also farm essences faster, doesn't it? Doesn't matter who you are or what gear you use, since the tomb time to event run ratio remains the same.

I think following post from this thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?182828-Throughts-on-the-energy-and-lb-system) sums it up nicely.

I really miss the first time event use portal, dont remember what event, last year halloween maybe?
Everybody farm portal in that ship fighting sark (dont remember the name of that map)

Past:
/g Portal
-me
-me
-me
-tons of me

Now:
/g 2 slot para
-me
-no energy
-damn u late, i spend my last energy fighting wolf
-goodluck

Raselph
11-04-2014, 09:04 AM
Hi. I would like to thank you STG for the Halloween Event that just closed it's portal to bosses. I have to recognize I was a little negative about the Platinum Tier, just because I thinked I gonna need loads of "platinum" to reach it, but STG showed me that I was wrong!
This event I got Platinum Tier 3 days before it finished, and the best thing is that I didn't spent a penny on energy, farming Watchers Tomb 4 was enough to get platinum tier so STS just offered us the opportunity to loot a mythic gem that is very useful and stylish, also for our so loved tanks that don't care about DMG can get a profit of 2.000.000 gold. ( Buy mythic blood ruby of shuyal, gem it, sell for 2 millions more). Also the token purchaseable limited edition Halloween vanities were just awesome, 3x times cooler than elondrian ones. Grimm availability with event tokens was a nice move showing players AL is not so pay-to-win afterall, Necropolis design was awesome, bosses were very well made (paracelsus was nice, farmed him for tokens and points.) I've been very impressed of the quality of event STG offered us, see how if you want, you can?

What could I say... Just thanks!

Let me know how this event was for you or if you think STG did a great job as I think. :-)

niceeeee

kixkaxx
11-04-2014, 09:26 AM
• Why would people leave when they got the best boss? That doesn't make sense, since he's the only one who dropped anything.

• We're not asking for cheap and easy, we're asking for an option that includes the entire community, encourages teamwork. and allows people to play the event as much as they like, not how much they can afford.

• If they put this much work into making an event, players should have the ability to actually enjoy it and get the most they can out of it. I for one am a lot more happy to spend money on elixirs and some paid portals, when money is not being demanded of me whenever I want to join a friend or a guildmate.

• It's not just 2 people who feel this way, it's the majority of the players in the game.

• If someone has all top gear, it stands to reason they would also farm essences faster, doesn't it? Doesn't matter who you are or what gear you use, since the tomb time to event run ratio remains the same.

I think following post from this thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?182828-Throughts-on-the-energy-and-lb-system) sums it up nicely.

You said you have chats with legendary gears and join random parties. Judging from what you said, you have no idea what the majority people look like. Random party has less than 50% of chance beating the last boss. People leave after trying 20times. If the energy is easy, they will leave within two tries.

In tarlok event people like to join dragon because dragon is not hard to kill. Now people like to join para because their energy is limited.

For wt4 it does not depend so much on gears, I run with legendary party and can do it in 3min, while full arcane only makes it to ~2. But for event run it is completely different

The majority of people come from random party, not from your friends. However I agree that your friends pay much more plats than random parties, so STG should listen more to your advice; if this is what you mean, just say it.

Amadorbibidor
11-04-2014, 10:36 AM

There was no need for you to spend money. You could get a blinky, soul gem, vanities, greater pumpkin chests, grimm eggs and all other goodies without spending anything, but you had to WORK. If you think for being maxed geared and felling like you want to run event as much as you can to reach leaderboards do it, but you have to pay. Don't expect to remove energy system because it's a stupidness. If portal is free then the required points to reach certain tiers gonna be higher, for example: Bronze tier 3000 pts, silver 6000, gold 10.000, platinum 25.000. You just gonna have to run event gettin' 100 pts. per run instead of farming essence. The difficulty STG set us to reach plat tier was ok, so if they remove energy system then it gonna be the same. You can't expect to all players to loot mythic weapons because if not they wouldn't be "rare", they would be like trickster hat, something everybody has got. STG mentioned lots of times mythics and arcanes drop from locks are very rare, but ignorant people still open 5 locks and ask theirselves why theres no arcane. If you want mythics, spend your cash, they are mythics, not epics. Why are you 44# only on LB? Because there is non-plat ppl who saved gold to buy energy from months for this, you just runned few times till you got bored para that takes to me and my friends 2 minutes to kill using right strategy, and you saw you are only 44#, GG. If you want LB then work harder and don't ask for removal of energy to save your pocket, just start thinking you gonna rule event 1 month it gonna open it's portals.

Wutzgood
11-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Thanks sts for another great event. So many new vanity combos now. Had a great time the last 2 weeks.

Ravager
11-04-2014, 03:02 PM
There was no need for you to spend money. You could get a blinky, soul gem, vanities, greater pumpkin chests, grimm eggs and all other goodies without spending anything, but you had to WORK. If you think for being maxed geared and felling like you want to run event as much as you can to reach leaderboards do it, but you have to pay. Don't expect to remove energy system because it's a stupidness. If portal is free then the required points to reach certain tiers gonna be higher, for example: Bronze tier 3000 pts, silver 6000, gold 10.000, platinum 25.000. You just gonna have to run event gettin' 100 pts. per run instead of farming essence. The difficulty STG set us to reach plat tier was ok, so if they remove energy system then it gonna be the same. You can't expect to all players to loot mythic weapons because if not they wouldn't be "rare", they would be like trickster hat, something everybody has got. STG mentioned lots of times mythics and arcanes drop from locks are very rare, but ignorant people still open 5 locks and ask theirselves why theres no arcane. If you want mythics, spend your cash, they are mythics, not epics. Why are you 44# only on LB? Because there is non-plat ppl who saved gold to buy energy from months for this, you just runned few times till you got bored para that takes to me and my friends 2 minutes to kill using right strategy, and you saw you are only 44#, GG. If you want LB then work harder and don't ask for removal of energy to save your pocket, just start thinking you gonna rule event 1 month it gonna open it's portals.

Working to enjoy the event vs actually playing to enjoy the event was / is a bad ratio. That's one of the main points here. I'll give an example of a resolution.

5 Energy dots instead of 3.
Energy cooldown of 3-5 hours instead of 8.

Possibly raise points required to reach certain tiers. The casual/standard free-to-play player would have more time to actually enjoy the event rather than spend hours in tombs to play event for 15 minutes. No one wants to go to tombs or whatever levels there are outside of the event during that time. Those places are over-farmed and boring. They want to have fun.

Constructive feedback is what we are doing. I have yet to hear a dev/mod state that certain feedback is stupid as you have.

Amadorbibidor
11-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Working to enjoy the event vs actually playing to enjoy the event was / is a bad ratio. That's one of the main points here. I'll give an example of a resolution.

Possibly raise points required to reach certain tiers. The casual/standard free-to-play player would have more time to actually enjoy the event rather than spend hours in tombs to play event for 15 minutes. No one wants to go to tombs or whatever levels there are outside of the event during that time. Those places are over-farmed and boring. They want to have fun.

Constructive feedback is what we are doing. I have yet to hear a dev/mod state that certain feedback is stupid as you have.

Events are wanted because they are very cool and funny to run, if STG offers us unlimited access to for example Necropolis Woods then all magic gonna be lost, they gonna become like Brackenridge Village, super boring. You find them funny because you can't always enter, they are not always accesibles (you may buy tons of kits I think..). Belive me, remove energy system and we all gonna regret it. You said energy that you get over time is too long, you are right, 8hrs a bit excessive, but that energy is for lazy players, others farm/buy 95% of their energy. Your guildmaster Serancha suggested to remove all energy stuff. That's like suggesting to remove mobs from maps, who cares about the mobs? we all want the boss anyways, it's not like that, mobs give you XP, they make road to boss funnier and some of them even drop Archon Rings. Well the energy system is the same, it makes you enjoy a lot more all your runs, it makes the Team a lot more efficient (nobody wants to waste energy) and energy also prevents others from rage quiting if they don't like boss. (Get Wolf, leave map, get another Wolf, leave map, get Paracelsus, stay and kill)

Do you call constructive feedback to remove energy system anymore? Also she told she didn't looted mythic in locks, locks are like casino, play if you dare then exit game super happy or exit game crying you lost 200$. But yes, it's a constructive feedback ~(-.-)~.

Ravager
11-04-2014, 04:22 PM

Events are wanted because they are very cool and funny to run, if STG offers us unlimited access to for example Necropolis Woods then all magic gonna be lost, they gonna become like Brackenridge Village, super boring. You find them funny because you can't always enter, they are not always accesibles (you may buy tons of kits I think..). Belive me, remove energy system and we all gonna regret it. You said energy that you get over time is too long, you are right, 8hrs a bit excessive, but that energy is for lazy players, others farm/buy 95% of their energy. Your guildmaster Serancha suggested to remove all energy stuff. That's like suggesting to remove mobs from maps, who cares about the mobs? we all want the boss anyways, it's not like that, mobs give you XP, they make road to boss funnier and some of them even drop Archon Rings. Well the energy system is the same, it makes you enjoy a lot more all your runs, it makes the Team a lot more efficient (nobody wants to waste energy) and energy also prevents others from rage quiting if they don't like boss. (Get Wolf, leave map, get another Wolf, leave map, get Paracelsus, stay and kill)

Do you call constructive feedback to remove energy system anymore? Also she told she didn't looted mythic in locks, locks are like casino, play if you dare then exit game super happy or exit game crying you lost 200$. But yes, it's a constructive feedback ~(-.-)~.

Most suggestions are constructive. Youre just countering all suggestions rather than suggest improvements for the casual player. Ill let sts decide if removing energy is a good or bad idea. I think removing it is excessive since they should get some form of income. Another suggestion is/was to have jack hellows drop energy kits randomly. Others have also suggested to have the rare random portals that show up in maps to be free. Maybe make them much more rare (maybe as rare as vials but not restricted to elite tindirin) The one in the town could still cost energy and leaderboarders will still compete for vanity, etc.

Serancha was just giving her feedback about the event. Ill give mine.
I like to play a few hours a day. My 3 energy that is given to me lasts 5 to 20 minutes. For me to enjoy the event, I made a ton of alts. I prefer playing on my main account (as most would probably as well). Dont feel like playing old levels to wait 2 hours to craft then play another 5 minutes. Pvp was dead during this event duration. Since I burned all my energy up so quickly, I was unable to join friends or guildmates that wanted company or help. Less sense of union or togetherness because of it.

Many compare and say the best event was tarlok. I doubt it was the most profitable for sts. Giving feedback of what we actually liked about it may help the company decide what they can fine tune in order to to create an improved user experience.

Serancha
11-04-2014, 04:43 PM

You make long-winded posts about what I said but never even read my posts.

I have NEVER suggested removing the energy. Please don't put words in my mouth. I said keep the energy for in-town portal (easy-access) use for the people who can/want to play that way (leaderboard runners would still use this), but ADD back in the free after-boss portals like we had in Tarlok, so people without as much money can run and enjoy the event more.

And for your information I didn't "run a few times until I got bored", and I did run pugs and never met one that couldn't kill any of the bosses, or took more than 5 minutes to do so. I have multiple characters, most of which are legendary. So I suggest unless you know what you are talking about, you take your condescention and place it gently where the sun doesn't shine.

Amadorbibidor
11-04-2014, 04:52 PM
Most suggestions are constructive. Youre just countering all suggestions rather than suggest improvements for the casual player. Ill let sts decide if removing energy is a good or bad idea. I think removing it is excessive since they should get some form of income. Another suggestion is/was to have jack hellows drop energy kits randomly. Others have also suggested to have the rare random portals that show up in maps to be free. Maybe make them much more rare (maybe as rare as vials but not restricted to elite tindirin) The one in the town could still cost energy and leaderboarders will still compete for vanity, etc.

Serancha was just giving her feedback about the event. Ill give mine.
I like to play a few hours a day. My 3 energy that is given to me lasts 5 to 20 minutes. For me to enjoy the event, I made a ton of alts. I prefer playing on my main account (as most would probably as well). Dont feel like playing old levels to wait 2 hours to craft then play another 5 minutes. Pvp was dead during this event duration. Since I burned all my energy up so quickly, I was unable to join friends or guildmates that wanted company or help. Less sense of union or togetherness because of it.

Many compare and say the best event was tarlok. I doubt it was the most profitable for sts. Giving feedback of what we actually liked about it may help the company decide what they can fine tune in order to to create an improved user experience.

I told you, I'm not suggesting anything cus everything it's ok, only thing could be to change a bit energy cooldown but now in events if you like to stay with your friends farm energy with them. if somebody got stuck into a map and u can't help him cus you don't have energy some people may ask friendly and if nobody can help them they accept it. Other people start to flood chat telling you are not friend or you don't care about then (surely didn't happen) don't listen, its just drama.

Sir Lubo Penev
11-04-2014, 05:36 PM
I also want to thank STS for this event. I think is was very good overall and I really enjoyed it.

As for pugs who kill bosses in five minutes. Sorry but untrue. More than half of my runs, probably close to two thirds to be honest, were random groups. Yes, from time to time, there were pugs who killed Para in like two minutes, but this was in no way the general case. When you run a lot of pugs, you inevitably get a three tank pug for example. Tanks probably got four tank pugs. I am sorry, but killing Para in less than five minutes is totally out of the question with groups like these. Even Drak took quite some time with three legendary tanks.

You also get pugs with an afk for example. Pugs with leaches. Pugs with a guy, who doesn't know how to cross the poison pools. Pugs with a player, who is eager to guard, but dies easily and Para resets. Or pugs with a level 39 (yes, that happened a lot too) in them - you know I had this one run with a lvl 40 and two lvl 39s, now imagine how we kill Para in five minutes. Pugs with guys, who think using Scorn's AA vs Para is a good idea. And so on and so forth.

All in all, I don't know what pugs some people here ran with, but there is not a snowball's chance that more than, say, 60-65% of all lvl40-41 pugs actually killed Para in less than five minutes. And that's a generous number imo. Also, judging from my experience, a lot of people in pugs left after 5-6 deaths or a couple boss resets.

----

Now, about system refinements. I suggested something a few days ago, I'll suggest it again. Make a free zone. No energy needed, no points awarded, but you get a chance at tokens in the same way you get a chance at a tooth in normal Wilds. This will help a lot of people, who don't care about leaderboards, have even more fun with events. Just do a few non-point runs, while you wait for your energy to craft. You might even get some tokens. ;)

Plus, I don't think an idea like this will have any negative effects on STS financial profits or whatever other concerns there might be. Everyone will still run the normal energy zone for points/tiers/leaderboards, but some of us will actually get more playing time, since we don't have the plat/gold to buy energy or the time to grind tombs 24/7.

Regards.

Farminer's
11-04-2014, 06:09 PM
This was a great event. Loved it looking forward to more events like this one.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Serancha
11-04-2014, 06:39 PM
So if you were stuck in a pug with 2 tanks and could call your guild to get a rogue to join in, would you?

Wouldn't it be great if you could call your guild for a rogue or mage to join and did NOT consistently get a string of answers resembling the following:

"sorry out of energy"
"waiting for energy to craft"
"farming essencs atm"
"just used my last, sorry"
"good luck with that"

That would be a great improvement, wouldn't it? When we ran Tarlok portals found after bosses, we could do that. People still used plat to insta-portal from town, and with the new leaderboard system, they would continue to. But for pugs and average players, being unable to get anyone to come and help at need is not benificial to the community as a whole.

Otahaanak
11-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Agree on the PUG analysis above by Sir Lobo. I have two 41 alts that were guildless moat of the event and gaining Plat tier took 50% longer and more $$ than my main. Even when in a guild, joins were sparse at best.

Forget it on lower level PUGs - got two of three barely to gold tier. People just left and no chance to solo with my level 8 well geared tank.

I agree 100% that IF (and I think that is a big IF) STS wants the game to thrive and live on, they need to find a way to bring the community together - not further segregate it.

Serancha
11-04-2014, 07:06 PM
The whole PUG issue that everyone is describing just emphasizes how much could be improved with the system. I only know my personal experience, and it's possible I just got lucky and didn't get any really bad groups. Most of the reason people were running pugs is also because friends and guildmates couldn't run together due to the severe limitation of mandatory energy for event participation.

I think the energy system isn't totally bad, but it currently doesn't account for the average player, community participation, and the whole concept of "pick up and play" that the mobile MMO is supposed to be geared towards. The event itself was great, the problem is that we couldn't properly enjoy it by playing it to our heart's content with the people we enjoy playing with.

mustafa fernandez
11-04-2014, 07:14 PM
Totally agree, its my first event here and loved it , from 70k to 1,25mil , thx very much
Oh and reached yhe plat tier 1 day before it ends :)

Xorrior
11-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Sir Lubo, you're so correct regarding pugs.

I wasted so much energy with leeches, quitters and 3 tank useless pugs when encountering Para. Guildies where either in a party, or run out of energy, or having it crafted.

I really do hope that STS lessen the time to gain the next energy ball like 5 hours rather than 8.

I think this energy system is here to stay for good. It brings STS a nice little income. No matter how much we hate it, we do have to understand STS is a business, and a business wants profits year in, year out.

Hopefully STS will continue to refine this energy system so that we don't hate it so much. It's a huge improvement from the first energy system used in goblin event. Actually this whole event was a vast improvement from the Goblin event.

P.S Medusa vanity rocks! Seriously congrats to all the people on LB :)

Sir Lubo Penev
11-04-2014, 07:47 PM
In order to be able to call for help, someone in a pug has to leave. Which is already bad enough by itself. I think every random group should at least have a chance to beat even the hardest event bosses. Some random groups just don't. So if any refinements are made, they should be pointed towards this. For example, the engine should not allow tank heavy pugs at all. You want to run with four tanks - make a party. Also - no lvl 39s in a lvl 40-41 pug. I'd even suggest no lvl 40s in a lvl 41 pug. Someone somewhere suggested player voting to boot a leach - not a bad idea either. And so on and so forth. Small refinements can do wonders.

You make sure that pugs are well balanced and have a chance -> you've solved a lot of problems.

Raregem
11-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Pugs were a huge issue especially at lower levels I tried several times before going solo at 15. One party there was a level 8 with me, why someone 7 levels below was grouped in the 15 bracket boogles my mind. Then I would get thrown in with level 20s. I couldn't help my pt at all, I got sneezed on and died.

If they added a boot option I think that would cause some major issues. Sure I would have liked to kick the level 8 but they couldn't help being grouped with me. I'm sure the lvl 20s wanted to boot my butt too... So because of the faulty system the person would lose an energy.

It needs to be a set level range. 15-16, 17-18, 19-20 etc

As far as leeches they're always going to be around unfortunately, but if I can actually kill the boss BC the level bracket is appropriate then I can get over the leech.

I also think portals should spawn after bosses and be free to enter. STS only did ONE free portal event. Obviously they didn't make enough revenue for time/man-hours involved for the event so they drastically changed things to all energy. Couldn't they try a mix of the two and see how it works?

phillyr
11-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Tarlok tarlok tarlok tarlok

just another upbeat positive comment from your friendly neighborhood forumer 😆

Amadorbibidor
11-05-2014, 09:42 AM
The pugs things is a bit messed up. It's a bit rude to let others die till they get tired of not getting help from the one who sits. A lot of people do this to be able to invite their friends if the boss is a wanted one. This could be a goal for StG, it's hard to fix.

Jazzi
11-05-2014, 12:04 PM
The whole PUG issue that everyone is describing just emphasizes how much could be improved with the system. I only know my personal experience, and it's possible I just got lucky and didn't get any really bad groups. Most of the reason people were running pugs is also because friends and guildmates couldn't run together due to the severe limitation of mandatory energy for event participation.

I think the energy system isn't totally bad, but it currently doesn't account for the average player, community participation, and the whole concept of "pick up and play" that the mobile MMO is supposed to be geared towards. The event itself was great, the problem is that we couldn't properly enjoy it by playing it to our heart's content with the people we enjoy playing with.

Hello Serancha,

Firstly I would like to thank you for the many and very insightful posts in other threads, which gave me a lot of precious info about the game! This being said, I have to say that you having the luxury of getting only good PUGs is an instance of luck even greater than looting the new bonesaw from a greater pumpkin chest!

While I had the luxury of having a great guild during the event on my main rogue, where most players are greatly geared, my alt mage was so fortunate (my fault y for not asking GM to invite him). I had to run mainly PUGs with him all the way to plat tier. There were many cases where people left the game immediately after seeing that the boss was para. In plenty of games I had to solo him, while the other 3 were "guarding", because one or two of them were not enough to cope with the skeletons. And my mage is has only two mythic items, so you can imagine that those games were way longer than five minutes.

Furthermore I think, and I most definitely mean no offence whatsoever by saying so, that you and many of the prominent posters/players have completely lost touch with the reality of the predominant player base. This most probably a product of being a member of one of the top guilds and being a top player for a long time. So no blame or anything here, it is a natural thing, but maybe some food for thought. You can't imagine how many players, who are lvl 41, there are who have less than 300 damage as rogue or mage and less than 2 k health. And many of those in guilds which are in the top 20. This is not an overstatement, as I was until less than two months ago a member of one of those.

Kind Regards.

P.S. I do admit ,that if you have the best legendary gear and know what you are doing and have a party of similarly geared and skilled people and all had necro-nom book, you could kill para in less than 2 minutes. Getting one of those in a PUG is very very importable :-))))

Anarchist
11-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Talking about Revenue for sts and potentiality to bank serious amounts of gold in a single event, The truth is Energy system>Tarlok, sorry for them tarlok fans but that's it.
What's even better is the energy system can still be improved.

The fact is crafting energies slows you down allowing the number of items looted to be lesser than in a free portal system. Lesser items around faster their value increases overtime. It's a unfriendly but efficient event.

What should be fixed imo are ties on Lb, pugs and decreasing the amount of essences(bones) necessary to craft a free chest. ._.

As for team work, team work at wt4.

Serancha
11-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Nobody is saying to get rid of the energy system, only suggesting improvements to make it easier for the average player to get help when needed, and to allow for people to play the game to it's full potential. A combination of the two types of events would be ideal for everyone - especially the under-geared or average-geared and plat-free players.

As for drop rates, STS clearly has that more than under control. Unless they start releasing far higher quality gear, there is no concern about the market being flooded wiht legendaries, since the items have no value anyways. As for the good items, we saw only 3 mythics drop from all the greater pumpkin chests recorded. Even if 10x the number of greater pumpkins had been opened, there would still be no concern about over-dropping from them, since the odds are exponentially lower than that of the plat-to-open crates.

Sir Lubo Penev
11-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Flaming is against terms of service.

Why you people are arguing about my experience with pugs when I offered a constructive solution for STS to fix the problems you all say you have encountered is beyond me. Arguing for the sake of arguing when you agree there's issues that need fixing, and my solution would help solve those problems? Pointless.

I don't post on people's threads because they have disagreed with one of mine. In fact, I almost never look at who the posters are when I read the forum. I agree with what I agree with regardless of who says it.

Being a guild master makes one more aware of the average player than many people could comprehend without trying it for themselves. To lead a guild requires a comprehensive understanding of the player base, all classes, their gear, skills, limitations and benefits. I have personally helped over 400 players spec their characters and figure out what was the best gear they could get for their budgets. Even when those budgets were under 10k. I have been doing this since the start of since season 3.
I am sorry if it looks like I am arguing just for the sake of arguing. I'm a new guy here, but I've been reading the forums for a long time and you are one of the rogues, whose advices I value the most and I've implemented a lot of what you've said about builds/gear/etc. in my playing style. So no, I'm not just arguing. I'm sharing my experience. In this case - my experience with the event, the energy system and pugs.

I understand a lot of what you say about energy system or how Tarlok event was better. Now, if you ask me, I'd love to have an event every month. Events are fun. Game is truly alive during events. And I'd love all events to be as free as possible. However, we can't expect those people in STS to do something like this. They've decided on an energy system and I'm okay with it. Of course, improvements can be made and should be made. And honestly, I think there were visible improvements over the previous event. I do believe this event was way better and much more fun than Ursoth. Most people I know - people who ran both - think the same. This is why I am firmly on the opinion that a radical overhaul of the event system is not needed and should not be a priority for the STS team responsible for AL development. Instead, thy should focus on the game that we actually play most of the time. Like implementing something that would encourage people to run elites and Arena e.g. Because we can complain about event pugs till the Second Coming, but what about pugs in Arena for example?

This is what bothers me and I agree to an extent with what Jazzi said above. Some of the top players here have lost touch with the reality in this game. Just look at this - the most talked about topic right now is para stones, people hoarding them, people with 9 para stone builds, rogues with 700, 800, or - I don't know - 1000 damage? And all this while the average endgame rogue has 400-500 damage and is usually extremely happy every time they get a grand gem on their myths (if they could afford myths at all) or expedition bows. If we extrapolate this line of thinking on the event - most people were actually running this event to get a Blinky/Grimm, and those with a bit more time/gold - to get a new title and a cool aura. I myself was so happy every time a guildie, a friend or even a pug mate, who I'll probably never meet again, got a Blinky/Para stone during one of my runs. Because this is what keeps mmo games alive - the average players having incentive to play and being happy after they complete their goals, however insignificant or even laughable they might seem in the eyes of the top dogs. Without the average, casual players, there won't be any op players and arcane gods. As those op players will have in fact transformed into the average ones of a dying game.

Thank you.

Ebezaanec
11-05-2014, 07:09 PM
I am sorry if it looks like I am arguing just for the sake of arguing. I'm a new guy here, but I've been reading the forums for a long time and you are one of the rogues, whose advices I value the most and I've implemented a lot of what you've said about builds/gear/etc. in my playing style. So no, I'm not just arguing. I'm sharing my experience. In this case - my experience with the event, the energy system and pugs.

I understand a lot of what you say about energy system or how Tarlok event was better. Now, if you ask me, I'd love to have an event every month. Events are fun. Game is truly alive during events. And I'd love all events to be as free as possible. However, we can't expect those people in STS to do something like this. They've decided on an energy system and I'm okay with it. Of course, improvements can be made and should be made. And honestly, I think there were visible improvements over the previous event. I do believe this event was way better and much more fun than Ursoth. Most people I know - people who ran both - think the same. This is why I am firmly on the opinion that a radical overhaul of the event system is not needed and should not be a priority for the STS team responsible for AL development. Instead, thy should focus on the game that we actually play most of the time. Like implementing something that would encourage people to run elites and Arena e.g. Because we can complain about event pugs till the Second Coming, but what about pugs in Arena for example?

This is what bothers me and I agree to an extent with what Jazzi said above. Some of the top players here have lost touch with the reality in this game. Just look at this - the most talked about topic right now is para stones, people hoarding them, people with 9 para stone builds, rogues with 700, 800, or - I don't know - 1000 damage? And all this while the average endgame rogue has 400-500 damage and is usually extremely happy every time they get a grand gem on their myths (if they could afford myths at all) or expedition bows. If we extrapolate this line of thinking on the event - most people were actually running this event to get a Blinky/Grimm, and those with a bit more time/gold - to get a new title and a cool aura. I myself was so happy every time a guildie, a friend or even a pug mate, who I'll probably never meet again, got a Blinky/Para stone during one of my runs. Because this is what keeps mmo games alive - the average players having incentive to play and being happy after they complete their goals, however insignificant or even laughable they might seem in the eyes of the top dogs. Without the average, casual players, there won't be any op players and arcane gods. As those op players will have in fact transformed into the average ones of a dying game.

Thank you.

I don't think she was referring to you. Probably the OP, based on his posts

So you say you runned with pugs? Hahahah make me laugh more please. If you would have really runned with pugs then you would know that before the refinement patch appeared, on lower levels, the 2nd boss, the wolf, killed anything, even 5k hp tanks at lvl 25. The mobs panic was horribly lethal. Gratefully, STG team fixed it up few days after some of us complained. Please post your lies in your own threads where sun shines at your order, here I won't get scared of your arrogance.

No one takes the person flaming others very seriously. From what I can observe, Sera has done nothing wrong but present solutions to the problem, while you have depicted her negatively.

You have the right to have opinions and others have the same right, regardless of its differences compared to yours. I can go in depth, but I'm sure you understand the concept.

Seoratrek
11-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Hi there!

This is a general reminder to keep the discussion constructive. Thanks! :)

obee
11-05-2014, 08:26 PM
you make long-winded posts about what i said but never even read my posts.

I have never suggested removing the energy. Please don't put words in my mouth. I said keep the energy for in-town portal (easy-access) use for the people who can/want to play that way (leaderboard runners would still use this), but add back in the free after-boss portals like we had in tarlok, so people without as much money can run and enjoy the event more.

And for your information i didn't "run a few times until i got bored", and i did run pugs and never met one that couldn't kill any of the bosses, or took more than 5 minutes to do so. I have multiple characters, most of which are legendary. So i suggest unless you know what you are talking about, you take your condescention and place it gently where the sun doesn't shine.
burnnnn!!!!

iamalmien24
11-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Aside from the DISCONNECTIONS and PATCHING on ANDROIDS..

My rating 8/10.

Thank you STS. Kudos to you guys! :)