PDA

View Full Version : Reduce Blinky's Auto Range

UndeadJudge
11-03-2014, 05:18 PM
It stays so far back that the arcane ability rarely ever hits anything. It's extremely annoying; I have to wait for my opponent to pierce next to my pet for it to work. Also an increase on the range of the AA would be nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Serancha
11-03-2014, 05:20 PM
It also sits right under your potion or attack buttons, so you keep "inspecting" your pet instead of potting or hitting.

Madnex
11-05-2014, 11:57 AM
+1

Staying so far behind means the distance between the player and pet that is required in order for the pet to automatically get closer (in case it's left behind) is much larger. I've had this issue repeatedly in tombs runs; tapping the AA and realising Blinky is half a screen behind the whole fight.

Sorcerie
11-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Agreed, either that or have him tether closer to your toon.

GoodSyntax
11-05-2014, 01:05 PM
All pets should be tethered so that they never extend beyond AA range. It's annoying when you hit AA and get no buff because your pet is way behind, viciously attacking a barrel or a mob that's about to reset.

This is especially noticeable whenever you are making a run to the boss. There are times when pet AA's would make the run much easier, but the pets are so far away, you will never get the buff.

Serancha
11-05-2014, 03:24 PM
It is actually really interesting how they make various pets behave differently in this respect. Often times I will reject a popular pet because of the type of behaviour described above. Blinky isn't the only one with this problem, but he is the only one who always positions himself under my aimed shot or potion buttons.

I personally much prefer pets that follow close and run ahead of you to the mobs as soon as you slow down. Wurmtongue is my absolute favorite for pet tethering / fight positioning. He's eager to bite those goblin butts and wastes no time getting down to it.

Sorcerie
11-05-2014, 04:03 PM
It is actually really interesting how they make various pets behave differently in this respect. Often times I will reject a popular pet because of the type of behaviour described above. Blinky isn't the only one with this problem, but he is the only one who always positions himself under my aimed shot or potion buttons.

I personally much prefer pets that follow close and run ahead of you to the mobs as soon as you slow down. Wurmtongue is my absolute favorite for pet tethering / fight positioning. He's eager to bite those goblin butts and wastes no time getting down to it.Yea the ranged pets seems to have the biggest issue with this and it's one of the main reasons why ranged pets are the worst to use.

It's like every time you have to re-position in a battle those buggers just wander off and do their own thing like they have minds of their own.

The pets that go in for melee combat never have this issue since they go in for the kill and don't let up no matter where you move to.

Ranged pets need to be tethered closer since most of their AA's have fairly limited ranged, and it's a pain to chase down your pet for a buff when you need it. Sometime you can't even tell where the thing is at because of the chaosity of certain pulls, so it would be nice not to have to go looking for your pet in an emergency.

Dex Scene
11-06-2014, 05:15 AM
Lmao so true..