PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about Halloween Event

Titanium
11-03-2014, 07:26 PM
First of all I want to thank Maarkus , Laveen , Fire , Dogoeswoof , Asamasada , Nycmb , Idly and all Karma members who helped a mage without mythic armor and helm to reach 123k points in Halloween leaderboard.

Congrats to all the winners of the Halloween event. And I'm sorry to those who tried so hard, but only got a banner at last.

Those who know me also know that I love helping friends or people who ask for help. Although a forum thread last Sunday made me see hypocrisy and greediness in some people.. and I really wanted to quit foruming. But today I decided that I shouldn't stop foruming anyway, because I want to keep myself up to date with announcements, the AL Tradermarket section and I might also have some suggestions to make from time to time. I won't comment in other people's forum threads unless I'm called and I will play the game more from now on.

I think I have an idea for the leaderboard issue that I wanted to share so that we can prevent people from going in zombie-mode in the future events and from being disappointed at the end when you will find out that you paid 20-30m for a banner. The idea is to make Bronze Tier, Silver Tier, Gold Tier, Platinum Tier and an Ultimate Tier. As soon as you reach like 150,000 points (depending on how many days the event is) you will obtain the Ultimate Tier and receive the prize immediately which in this case were vanities. But so that we don't eliminate the LB-idea completely, those who want a banner as well can keep running until the end of the event.

Everyone should be able to participate and competition is good, but not when it becomes stressful with barely any sleep everyday for almost two weeks to the point where it is very unhealthy. With this idea you won't have to wake up early/stay up till late/skipping sleep and fear that you have either been knocked off of the leaderboard or pushed down of top 25.

My deepest thanks to STG who made this event unbeliveably profitable for everyone who had time. You could easily get a Grim egg, a Blinky egg and a paracelsus gem without spending any/lots of golds. I know some will disagree with me, but imagine you could make it happen from playing 20minutes daily on each toon that you own.