PDA

View Full Version : Now that Halloween event is on cool down...

Zeus
11-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Please make paracelsus soul gems tradable? There really serves no purpose to keep them non-tradable. It really just becomes another item difficult to obtain and encourages scamming by forcing players to obtain them through means that are not in the secure trade interface.

Please give it some serious thought! This could stop a large amount of "I got scammed threads."

While you're at it, can you change the color of the gem when embedded in an item to a unique color? The similarity between an Elondrian super shard also leads to scammers attempting to trick a buyer.

Ebezaanec
11-03-2014, 10:36 PM
Make it orange to reflect the aura!

Caabatric
11-03-2014, 10:39 PM
i 100% agree

ColdBlahd
11-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Please make paracelsus soul gems tradable? There really serves no purpose to keep them non-tradable. It really just becomes another item difficult to obtain and encourages scamming by forcing players to obtain them through means that are not in the secure trade interface.

Please give it some serious thought! This could stop a large amount of "I got scammed threads."

While you're at it, can you change the color of the gem when embedded in an item to a unique color? The similarity between an Elondrian super shard also leads to scammers attempting to trick a buyer.
Well if you look closely you can see a white flashing skull on the paracelcus stone.

veloxcity
11-03-2014, 10:53 PM
nope
when this gem become tradeable twink's will be over,

sevenpain
11-03-2014, 10:59 PM
Also change the colour of the stone
atm is the same as perfect life shard it get quite confusing

Zeus
11-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Well if you look closely you can see a white flashing skull on the paracelcus stone.

I realize that. I highlighted what's the issue regarding the gem color. As players, we shouldn't have to look closely for every single detail. Gamers get tired and make mistakes as well!

ColdBlahd
11-03-2014, 11:08 PM
I realize that. I highlighted what's the issue regarding the gem color. As players, we shouldn't have to look closely for every single detail. Gamers get tired and make mistakes as well!
Ye!!!!!

Caabatric
11-03-2014, 11:43 PM
nope
when this gem become tradeable twink's will be over,
2 grand gems +12 primary (about 7 dmg with increased health and other stats)
2 Para gems =9 dmg (no other stat increased)
Twink over yeah right. If someone goes with full para gems they dont stand a chance because the more they stack the worse they get.

And also this will add some nice gem changes instead of just using gems that boost your primary they may focus on health gems etc. If they add more gems this would defiantly be a possibility because of the new strategy involved into perfecting gear to your play style.

Froxanthar
11-03-2014, 11:47 PM
No, the gem has its own reason for not being tradeable. Player who want to buy the gem should be ready with the risk they are about to take before they click the confirm button as when they're trading. As for the color, I agree with you.

No hard feelings.

Ninjasmurf
11-03-2014, 11:51 PM
2 grand gems +12 primary (about 7 dmg with increased health and other stats)
2 Para gems =9 dmg (no other stat increased)
Twink over yeah right. If someone goes with full para gems they dont stand a chance because the more they stack the worse they get.

And also this will add some nice gem changes instead of just using gems that boost your primary they may focus on health gems etc. If they add more gems this would defiantly be a possibility because of the new strategy involved into perfecting gear to your play style.

In low lvl twinks 2 dmg is allot. There's already some people using 3-5 gems in their gear because it's very op.

Making these gems tradeable is a very bad idea. It will make twinkling like endgame where you need to be rich to compete with others. This ruins the point of twinking causing more people to quit.

It seems like a simple update but think about the effects it would have on the game as a whole Zeus.

Axesam
11-04-2014, 12:11 AM
Question is
1. Why sts made something isnt tradeable? im prety sure they have their own reason for this, exclusive? gold sink?
2. Why ppl ask for non tradeable item change to tradeable? the main reason is gold, chance to make huge profit

I think it is not fair to ppl who already convinced that this gem can not be traded. They've spent all gems for crafting gear, so they lost a chance to make profit from gems.
I 100% agree only when sts make the change before event end.

and also I would be very happy if sts make all item tradeable !
- LB season/event Banner
- Pets that have been hatched so we can purchase pet lvl 41 (for rich ppl who are lazy to leveling up pet, they'll love this idea)
- Gold vanity
- Essence
- Receipe
- Forged event energy kit
- ETC

If u want to suggest some change, change everything not only 1-2 item. That sounds like u have personal mission with that.

.no
11-04-2014, 12:18 AM
Uh no. Keep it untradeable

.no
11-04-2014, 12:32 AM
If you get scammed bc you can't read, your an idiot. What else do you want sts to safeguard? How about we all have a protective bubble so nothing can ever hurt us....

These threads from so called "best of the best" players, trying to alter the game for EVERYONE, is become bs. Sts is making changes based off these threads. Did they ask the rest of al if they should change the para stone effect? Nope. Just listened to a FEW of the player based. It's bs.

Anarchist
11-04-2014, 12:41 AM
It won't be tradeable.

Anarchist
11-04-2014, 01:34 AM
Sts and they're lack of logic. If the item were you put the para gem would become bounded, that would make perfectly sense. The 'non tradable para soul gem' only open ways for scammers.
Many end game players made twinks and farmed para gems, some of them went up to 20gems or more. If i had time i could've do 10gems a day. Now that I'm thinking, i should've farmed gems instead of going for lb.. Maybe sts doesn't know this. Sooner or later everyone gonna drop on there main.
Oh, and while you are on this matter and change para gems to tradable, do same to arena master chest so i can have a reason to login and play untile the new tombs
Bingo.

Zeus
11-04-2014, 02:46 AM
Bingo.

Exactly and right now, they are locking these super exclusive stats to whoever abused the para gem concept. They've done this before with elite rings in PL and it caused outrage. Any new players are discouraged by having to compete against players with gear they will never be able to have.

It's like SnS but on a larger scale.

I have about 7 para gems but I'm still a big advocate for this.

How would this destroy twinking? I have a twink with 3 para gems. The fact is that it is very OP and detrimental to the game because the only way another player can be as equal is by trusting someone to gem that very specific item they require or by finding an already gemmed version of the item.

Locking people out is not good. Additionally, the +2.0 damage factor is a messed up algorithm because a player can put up to 4-5 gems with no substantial ill effects.

My rogue has 4 and it frequently breaks tanks through jugg. Don't even get me started on how locked down this can make the times run leaderboard - more so than it already is.

Anarchist
11-04-2014, 02:58 AM
What you said makes no sense.

If you want paragems in the future you can buy a gemmed item.

BaronB
11-04-2014, 04:05 AM
Please dont make any changes to the para gems I vote...

So what if people missed out on the event this time around. Just make a balance so future gems might be similer to paragems. Maybe not as powerful but the original idea was to keep it non tradeable n it should stay that way. If people abused the system and gained additional paragems for the event then making it tradeable wont stop the abuse but give those people another way on cashing in big time..

Gear with paragems will either hold some value at least or gain value over time and the people who have gems sitting there will be forced to use the gems on gears eventually thus feeding the gems into public and without it costing average joe a arm n a leg to get hold of

SacredKnight
11-04-2014, 04:08 AM
It will be a difficult decision to make a previously un-tradeable item tradeable. Seeing as a large majority have crafted it into an item and making said gems tradeable they will feel a bit cheated out of the plausible profit which they could have had. But! If they do become tradeable then with said update these minor yet largely wanted fixes must also happen in due course:

Make Arena Useful! Don't care how it's done just make there a purpose to do it regularly or at least once a week (Mythic Amulet *NEW* will require activity in the tombs but once that's done (Unless we can make multiple and sell) there will be no use. Also, depending on the difficulty of the quests/tasks and the strength of the Amulet to determine its price in CS/Trades it might actually be more money wise to buy it in CS rather than waste gold/plats on revives and pots. That being said, all discussed variables can only be taken in account if the Amulet is trade able.

Buff Scorch!!! Nuff' Said here.

Make Smurfs less Squishy! If a warrior had a shoe then mages wouldn't be the Nott, they would be the first AL race to be classified as the Nott alive species *Rimshot*.

Allow better configuration of DMG/% based buffs etc. e.g. Stacking.

Much like what Anarchist said, there are many,many useful/wanted things that new players in AL will truly never get. We have to allow for these things to happen and just accept them. Fact is, Para gems would some day be considered something special and have an even larger item value boost! If they were to become tradeable I would ask for the old Vanities to come back as well as the previous AP title and armor which correlated to the "Sentinel".

Anarchist
11-04-2014, 04:12 AM
It does. Its sts showing middle finger to they're new player, subtile.

There are many things a new player won't get. If you wanna help go to Kraag and gift your gold or help them level up.

Its due time sts decisions stops getting changed by forumers to satisfy their personal likes n interests.

Dex Scene
11-04-2014, 04:33 AM
Question is
1. Why sts made something isnt tradeable? im prety sure they have their own reason for this, exclusive? gold sink?
2. Why ppl ask for non tradeable item change to tradeable? the main reason is gold, chance to make huge profit

I think it is not fair to ppl who already convinced that this gem can not be traded. They've spent all gems for crafting gear, so they lost a chance to make profit from gems.
I 100% agree only when sts make the change before event end.

and also I would be very happy if sts make all item tradeable !
- LB season/event Banner
- Pets that have been hatched so we can purchase pet lvl 41 (for rich ppl who are lazy to leveling up pet, they'll love this idea)
- Gold vanity
- Essence
- Receipe
- ETC

If u want to suggest some change, change everything not only 1-2 item. That sounds like u have personal mission with that.

THIS!!!!
And,
I have upgraded 2 items with Para gems i would rage if it becomes tradable. I wouldn't support it being tradable even though i have more para gems in my stash!
I always kind of agree to your opinions zeus but this one! No offence!

Gensin
11-04-2014, 05:05 AM
BWHAHAHA!

I hard work pays off :)

Serancha
11-04-2014, 05:08 AM
If this was to be changed, it should have been done before the event. Doing it now, after a lot of people have socketed theirs already, would cause more uproar than it is worth.

BaronB
11-04-2014, 05:25 AM
Actually... if it absolutely reaches this verdict and it does change to tradable then the option to remove the gem from socketed equipment should be implemented along with it to keep the fair scale even ^.^

suckyiknow
11-04-2014, 05:42 AM
Zeus,

Would you honestly make this suggestion if you did not have 7 paracelsus soul stones and instead had one like many regular players do? Would you find it fair if the item you worked hard for (YES, worked hard for, many people don't have 50m to bust out and buy energy) and spent time and money on become available for everyone - to people who did NOT work for this "exclusive" item? I suppose you could compare it to SNS - I'm sure you wouldn't like it if they put SNS into crates, no?

Let them stay an exclusive item and untradeable. Too many people have already socketed these gems and it will be wasted.

Dermuti
11-04-2014, 05:53 AM
Never make this stones tradeable!! The bad effect is that rich pls will buy all stones, stash it and craft mythic or arcane items to sell this for more Gold. At least no nonprofitplayer is able to get one legendary item in future like expe rifles with such stones, because all are in stash, in mythic/arcame weapons or in store for expensive prices. Making the stones not tradeable is a bonus for lowlevel pls and in my opinion thats exactly the sign a lot of pls have waited for.

Anarchist
11-04-2014, 06:10 AM
i use a 9 para-gem setup on my tank at the moment: 3 in arcane ring, 3 in doom, 3 in bonesaw. my unbuffed dmg with nightshade is 659, dps 791, hp 6897. i can t comment on the usefulness in pvp yet, but pve is a blast :). does this answer your max dmg question?

My rogue has 4 and it frequently breaks tanks through jugg.

Keeping this gem untradeable limits the damage it can do to a already "sick" pvp system from twink to endgame pvp. I am sure devs are aware of this.

For those who care so much about the new players getting para gems (But wont let someone 2k pts below you tie on LBafter saying tie is legit),even in the scenario the gems become tradeable the new players will probably never get any.

We all know who are gonna get the gems. Merchers and already OP players that do not need to become more overpowered.

CONCLUSION
The gem being untradeable and more or less distributed to everyone is what limits its potentiality to break pvp so let it continue to be like that.

#JM2C.

Dermuti
11-04-2014, 06:44 AM
If the stones are not tradeable, the low lev pls have to craft it in legendary items, and this makes the game much more interesting and more variable for newcomers. The argument that new pls will never have a soul stone is not correct. There will be much more legendary items with soul stone inside and they can buy this items. If you make the stones tradeable this variability in legendary items will get lost.

Raselph
11-04-2014, 07:30 AM
Exactly and right now, they are locking these super exclusive stats to whoever abused the para gem concept. They've done this before with elite rings in PL and it caused outrage. Any new players are discouraged by having to compete against players with gear they will never be able to have.

It's like SnS but on a larger scale.

I have about 7 para gems but I'm still a big advocate for this.

How would this destroy twinking? I have a twink with 3 para gems. The fact is that it is very OP and detrimental to the game because the only way another player can be as equal is by trusting someone to gem that very specific item they require or by finding an already gemmed version of the item.

Locking people out is not good. Additionally, the +2.0 damage factor is a messed up algorithm because a player can put up to 4-5 gems with no substantial ill effects.

My rogue has 4 and it frequently breaks tanks through jugg. Don't even get me started on how locked down this can make the times run leaderboard - more so than it already is.

already we got arcane rings with para gems on it , believe me , arcane ring has made the game easy , but the rings and alot of para gems in it just screws up...

event lb you are screwed up for 1000% ...

LOOKS LIKE OUR PROFIT IS OUR OWN DESTRUCTION!!!

Raselph
11-04-2014, 07:34 AM
True, but personally i have no interest if this gems are tradable/non tradable. I know many ppl i can give my items and craft for me, but belive me, many will get scam. Eventually this game will be all about twinks,twinks farming, scammers and plats. Having a main character will be an extravagant thing and i wont be there to tell you 'i told you so'. They should not remove the native plat farm either, it would be a cool combination...

Every event you have to play whit 10-20 twinks and the only challenge is: 'get as many twinks you can to platinum tier'?They should make the lb based on this so it will be official, cuz the one who made the most paracelsus gems is the winner of this event.

What would intrest me is tradable arena master chests. Is making the game playable too much to ask? I've opened close to 500 and got nothing worth mention it.. I've sow a post where remiem used the word 'improvements', i laught so hard. When arena came out for the first time, ppl played it for months. How many ppl plays the new arena now?
Arena isn't the biggest failure, the events are going from bad to worst. Atleast bosses from Ursorth assault event were challenging. Halloween event you just run thru bosses and the richest wins. I don't even wanna know how the winter event will be like.

well...i think if every single gears are equipped with entirely para gem the person is totally INSANE

here's what will happen

rogues:

critic REDUCTION
DMG increase

Sorcs:

Mana decrease

DMG increase

Warriors:

HP decrease

DMG inrease..

above all , all our classes will lose our very own precious stats...especially rogues

octavos
11-04-2014, 07:51 AM
Lol wow interesting thread and to think i was missing all the fun, i just wanted one..just one because of the pretty effects. Nice thread really. I don't care what the devs do anymore, so really...if these gems become tradeable...is fine by me.

I think think only effects pvp, but with pvp contests..it can make you think right. Devs say that pvp is broken..this would hit the final nail to the coffin.

TheBoon
11-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Say NO to para gems tradable , we worked our butt hard for this "exclusive" item, so no, sts, keep the para gem untradable, thank you, i know many of us were aware that this para gem will not be tradable before the event had started, and majority had agree with that. Why now asking to be tradable? need some profit? Wanna take back the all the had spend in the event? if not just keep quite and drink some kool aid :) ,

Please STS, Never ever make the paragem tradable, Thank you so much ! :*

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Tapatalk

Anarchist
11-04-2014, 08:06 AM
Truel, but personally i have no interest if this gems are tradable/non tradable. I know many ppl i can give my items and craft for me, but belive me, many will get scam. Eventually this game will be all about twinks,twinks farming, scammers and plats. Having a main character will be an extravagant thing and i wont be there to tell you 'i told you so'. They should not remove the native plat farm either, it would be a cool combination...

Every event you have to play whit 10-20 twinks and the only challenge is: 'get as many twinks you can to platinum tier'?They should make the lb based on this so it will be official, cuz the one who made the most paracelsus gems is the winner of this event.

What would intrest me is tradable arena master chests. Is making the game playable too much to ask? I've opened close to 500 and got nothing worth mention it.. I've sow a post where remiem used the word 'improvements', i laught so hard. When arena came out for the first time, ppl played it for months. How many ppl plays the new arena now?
Arena isn't the biggest failure, the events are going from bad to worst. Atleast bosses from Ursorth assault event were challenging. Halloween event you just run thru bosses and the richest wins. I don't even wanna know how the winter event will be like.

It takes 3-5hrs to get to plat tier so the question is were you runnin LB 24/7?
The answer is No, and thanks to ties you had all the necessary time to get enough plat tier toons as it pleaded you. I understand you (and not only you) would like to eat your hen and still want its eggs but the damage this might cause does not worth the risks.

I dont mind arena chest being untradeable if not i would sell ALL of em But the chest loot table is complete rubbish and has to be changed.

gumball3000
11-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Just no, this change will only benefit a few people who farmed lots of stones on twinks, if it was tradeable from the beginning then im sure people would have spent their plat and gold differently during the event.

Zeus
11-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Zeus,

Would you honestly make this suggestion if you did not have 7 paracelsus soul stones and instead had one like many regular players do? Would you find it fair if the item you worked hard for (YES, worked hard for, many people don't have 50m to bust out and buy energy) and spent time and money on become available for everyone - to people who did NOT work for this "exclusive" item? I suppose you could compare it to SNS - I'm sure you wouldn't like it if they put SNS into crates, no?

Let them stay an exclusive item and untradeable. Too many people have already socketed these gems and it will be wasted.

All my 7 gems are bounded to an item so this would not affect me. I paid for all of mine except one - so no, I didn't stock up like most players.

Additionally, SnS is owned by 40 players, many of which do not play anymore. Thus, the impact is much smaller and is bearable, IMO.

Zeus
11-04-2014, 09:37 AM
If this was to be changed, it should have been done before the event. Doing it now, after a lot of people have socketed theirs already, would cause more uproar than it is worth.

The entire reason why it should be done now, IMO, without telling players beforehand is that players do not try to take advantage of the gem and hoard it.

Competing with the gem is very futile and in its current state, only those who are rich or hoarded will be able to compete. Me? I don't have an issue with either. New players though? It's quite discouraging. Not only do they have to pay tens of millions for their gear, but they will also have to pay tens of millions for their gems just because of an event. How broken is that? Pretty broken since the gems can be applied to any best item at any level. Remember, best items are pretty rare so to have to find one with a para gem in it will be even more of an excruciating task. This affects everyone and may not seem like an important issue now but down the line, it will.

By making the gems tradable, this will actually stabilize value and not encourage scamming, shady dealings, etc.

@Anarchist
Me and Danley worked hard trying to tie Iayoral in a way that did not risk our positions. Please do not assume. We failed but you can bet that we were really trying.

Candylicks
11-04-2014, 10:03 AM
@Anarchist
Me and Danley worked hard trying to tie Iayoral in a way that did not risk our positions. Please do not assume. We failed but you can bet that we were really trying.

Yeah this is actually true.

I would like to see the gems tradeable as well getting back on topic. It's a huge open door for scams.

Amvulpix
11-04-2014, 10:19 AM

Ok I understand saying but , if gems were tradable it'll probably cause forum chaos because of pvp and how people might abuse them, I understand that ppl get scammed but that could be a cover up story to let the gems be tradable @.@, I mean if everyone has one soul why would we wana trade it away and why would we wana sell it, I guess the developers bounded one soul stone per player.

BaronB
11-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Keep things the way the have ended. The event has already been at the mercy of all kinds of constant changes already. Lets just close this off and look forward to the live test server due before the tombs to have a giggle on =)

Zeus
11-04-2014, 10:24 AM
Ok I understand saying but , if gems were tradable it'll probably cause forum chaos because of pvp and how people might abuse them, I understand that ppl get scammed but that could be a cover up story to let the gems be tradable @.@, I mean if everyone has one soul why would we wana trade it away and why would we wana sell it, I guess the developers bounded one soul stone per player.

If everyone had just one - it wouldn't be an issue. However, instead of making more than one useless - developers presented it in a way that they're still extremely useful.

I have 4 on my rogue & 3 on my twink tank and could have another 1-2 when mythic amulet comes out (should raise my bonus damage, making para gems a viable option).

BaronB
11-04-2014, 10:31 AM
If everyone had just one - it wouldn't be an issue. However, instead of making more than one useless - developers presented it in a way that they're still extremely useful.

I have 4 on my rogue & 3 on my twink tank and could have another 1-2 when mythic amulet comes out (should raise my bonus damage, making para gems a viable option).

Thats fantastic, so youve made your self pretty powerful by exploiting a loop hole youve found with the gems to make them a viable option for stacking.

Now your starting up a thread to make gems easier to access from poorer players to inevitably power up the rest of your comrades to give your selves the chance to exploit that power up loop hole some more.

All for the purpose of taking more of a "Dominance" in PvP as lets be honest its not like you need to do elites any quicker is it...

Do what you want to do and touche sir.

Dont however do it under a false pretence of it benefiting the general public.

P.s What's the going rate of your tip off men these days? seems to be a good worthwhile investment...

Anarchist
11-04-2014, 10:33 AM
The entire reason why it should be done now, IMO, without telling players beforehand is that players do not try to take advantage of the gem and hoard it.

Competing with the gem is very futile and in its current state, only those who are rich or hoarded will be able to compete. Me? I don't have an issue with either. New players though? It's quite discouraging. Not only do they have to pay tens of millions for their gear, but they will also have to pay tens of millions for their gems just because of an event. How broken is that? Pretty broken since the gems can be applied to any best item at any level. Remember, best items are pretty rare so to have to find one with a para gem in it will be even more of an excruciating task. This affects everyone and may not seem like an important issue now but down the line, it will.

By making the gems tradable, this will actually stabilize value and not encourage scamming, shady dealings, etc.

@Anarchist
The current state of gem is good as it is. Being untradeable we will rarely find people with 5+ gems in their build.
Make it tradeable and watch the disaster.

When new players come i doubt their problems will be getting paracelsus gems in their builds.
Whether its untradeable or not any item this gem will be applied will increase in value.

Said this you are basically trying to give players a chance to compete with those with many paragems in thier build by making more people have many paragems in thier build.

#Disaster.

Axesam
11-04-2014, 10:38 AM
The Paracelsus Gem will be set to be tradeable.

Sorry HOAX

Appeltjes
11-04-2014, 10:43 AM
Tradeable... I don't have one and would love to have one but making it tradeable isn't a good choice, to lazy to state why.

extrapayah
11-04-2014, 10:43 AM
I agree, make it tradeable, the way it is now only make potential scams happen,

anyway, please make the pet stable shareable :D

BaronB
11-04-2014, 10:48 AM
^in forums plenty of people selling gear with para gems in even leps with them... have fun buying and selling ^^

matanofx
11-04-2014, 10:57 AM
All the people who say the gems should be tradeable, people i almost 100% of the time agree with, i think youre wrong.

Id agree if the gems were already trade-able since the gems existed or even if it was changed up to a week ago, but by now so many who KNEW they cant be traded already used it on their legendary (not mythic/arcane) gear.

Those people knew no one would trust them with upgrading their mythic/arcane gear so without any option they upgraded some less worthy item with a para gem.
If the gem suddenly becomes trade-able all those players potentially lost alot of gold, how is it different than buffing up the bulwark in a crazy way making all the warriors pay top prices to obtain one and then suddenly nerfing it to better balanced weapon making lots of people lose millions.
Many complained about those sudden changes in this game that are made by the team, now you want a sudden change when it works for your benefit?

Personally i decided to keep my gem for something in the future, if they were to become trade-able id feel really bad for all those who already upgraded with them.

The only solution i see fit is if they become trade-able let everyone who used para gems take it out of their item, a one shot chance only to take para-gems out, i dont know how its possible but i dont see any other way that will be fair, to everyone buying gems the way it currently is i say beware of scammers only use people you trust 1000000000% and if you get scammed the way it is now, its kind of your fault, sorry i know its not a popular opinion but its my opinion.

Allocate
11-04-2014, 11:15 AM
No Zeus. If a player gets scammed, then it is their fault, their lack of knowledge and vigilance. It's the same as giving out your passwords.

More importantly, why can't we stash crafted energies? I got a ton in my inventory and I might accidentally click it.

Zeus
11-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Thats fantastic, so youve made your self pretty powerful by exploiting a loop hole youve found with the gems to make them a viable option for stacking.

Now your starting up a thread to make gems easier to access from poorer players to inevitably power up the rest of your comrades to give your selves the chance to exploit that power up loop hole some more.

All for the purpose of taking more of a "Dominance" in PvP as lets be honest its not like you need to do elites any quicker is it...

Do what you want to do and touche sir.

Dont however do it under a false pretence of it benefiting the general public.

P.s What's the going rate of your tip off men these days? seems to be a good worthwhile investment...

There is no loop hole - developers stated that a player can use more than one.

Sure, would this benefit poorer players? Yes! If they want to sell it, they will not be able to because first off, they cannot buy an item that would deserve the gem in the first place. Secondly, no wealthy player in their right mind is going to trust some poor player selling gems. It's just not going to happen. So, it's a lose lose situation for the poorer player.

Most of my "comrades" already have multiple paracelsus gems. Have you not checked the Halloween event leaderboard? Karma hit it hard. As a guild, we occupy 1/3rd of the top 75 (25 from each class).

This does have an impact on PvE. Timed Runs!

I am not making some sort of false pretense. Karma already has more than enough paracelsus gems hoarded as a guild. Individually, some players have more than 6 stashed away!

P.S:
Please do not instigate me. I have made my wealth extremely fairly and honestly. Controlling supply and demand is what makes gold - not some forum suggestions. Investing in a potential idea just seems like a bad call.

Anarchist
11-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Indeed a suggestion is just a suggestion. Sts never implements the good and useful ones go figure if they will ever implement such a game breaker.

Sayonara Parth.

Ihateppl
11-04-2014, 11:40 AM
that's why I didn't go to plat tier, I didn't want to deal with this drama. That's the only reason :3

Zeus
11-04-2014, 11:40 AM
Can someone please tell me how rogues are supposed to compete with damage like this? It's a broken system.

No elixirs were used.

Higuani
11-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Bad idea to make it tradeable imo. Its good how its now. I see only chaos comin if they change it.

BaronB
11-04-2014, 11:54 AM
There is no loop hole - developers stated that a player can use more than one.

Sure, would this benefit poorer players? Yes! If they want to sell it, they will not be able to because first off, they cannot buy an item that would deserve the gem in the first place. Secondly, no wealthy player in their right mind is going to trust some poor player selling gems. It's just not going to happen. So, it's a lose lose situation for the poorer player.

Most of my "comrades" already have multiple paracelsus gems. Have you not checked the Halloween event leaderboard? Karma hit it hard. As a guild, we occupy 1/3rd of the top 75 (25 from each class).

This does have an impact on PvE. Timed Runs!

I am not making some sort of false pretense. Karma already has more than enough paracelsus gems hoarded as a guild. Individually, some players have more than 6 stashed away!

P.S:
Please do not instigate me. I have made my wealth extremely fairly and honestly. Controlling supply and demand is what makes gold - not some forum suggestions. Investing in a potential idea just seems like a bad call.

I have no objections in the gems you have hoarded and I know karma* where all running events as I was event constantly invited a few times **by a few of your members :).

I also dont question your legitimize either in your acquired wealth as I trust STS would have taken care of any fraudulent stuff by now =)

Also ill make the as clear as possible this is not intended to be a instigation of any sort and I do apologise you feel this way, it is far opposite from my wish.

However lets not beat around the bush you are a experienced player and you and your comrades have from what ive been reading up in the past have voiced loudly about changes to stuff in the past, and lets not pull wool over anyone eyes here, are changes made to "your" advantage.(I say Your in sense of anyone with toons still with unused paragems stashed away hoping to make a good buck out of this sort of change being made)

No other logical reason is there of doing so.

Now nothing wrong with this however not many people will have been able to acquire so many of these wonderful and "exclusive" gems.

Alot of people where struggle just to get a main with 1 para let alone a multiply of toons. This shouldn't be at the fault of the player who has a vast amount of wealth, but you have your multiple gems so let it be.

I just urge you to not get overly greedy and use years of experience to you have towards making subtle changes that will further tip the balance in to your brethren favour and let us little guys have a chance too ^.^

The event is over.

Let it rest.

Lets just look forward to more great fun times with events with opportunities along the way to be had.

But lets leave some dignity in this event and not milk it dry

One <3

Amvulpix
11-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Can someone please tell me how rogues are supposed to compete with damage like this? It's a broken system.

No elixirs were used.

:( I uderstand you brother :( I want everything to go back to lvl 36 too , I agree with you 36 was the best but it won't happen anymore :( cap raised . But wow your stats are highly op >:) you can solo pvp with that in a heart beat , yea it's been a broken system long ago now it's broken even more. tho Idk what is there to even advocate about . I know what mana can do to a rogue if it fell into to right hands .

Matheo Hkmat
11-04-2014, 12:00 PM
please sts make paracelsus soul gem tradable

Deadroth
11-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Yep, tradeable game will be great idea.

BaronB
11-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Also love how so far 1 person has give some kind of argument towards why this silly idea should go ahead.

The rest is just like ... "Yay #Paratrade2014" sigh...

BaronB
11-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Thread Closed.

Just saying,,,

Zeus
11-04-2014, 12:29 PM
I have no objections in the gems you have hoarded and I know karma* where all running events as I was event constantly invited a few times **by a few of your members :).

I also dont question your legitimize either in your acquired wealth as I trust STS would have taken care of any fraudulent stuff by now =)

Also ill make the as clear as possible this is not intended to be a instigation of any sort and I do apologise you feel this way, it is far opposite from my wish.

However lets not beat around the bush you are a experienced player and you and your comrades have from what ive been reading up in the past have voiced loudly about changes to stuff in the past, and lets not pull wool over anyone eyes here, are changes made to "your" advantage.(I say Your in sense of anyone with toons still with unused paragems stashed away hoping to make a good buck out of this sort of change being made)

Now nothing wrong with this however not many people will have been able to acquire so many of these wonderful and "exclusive" gems.

Alot of people where struggle just to get a main with 1 para let alone a multiply of toons. This shouldn't be at the fault of the player who has a vast amount of wealth, but you have your multiple gems so let it be.

I just urge you to not get overly greedy and use years of experience to you have towards making subtle changes that will further tip the balance in to your brethren favour and let us little guys have a chance too ^.^

The event is over.

Let it rest.

Lets just look forward to more great fun times with events with opportunities along the way to be had.

One <3

Hey Baron,

I appreciate the more kindly worded post. I really do! It helps keep opinions from turning into flame wars so thank you for that. :)

Yes, you could see it as the hoarders making gold but the truth is that they already are. If a player is reputable & hoarded para gems, you've struck a gold mine. If a player is not reputable - he/she is basically left with gems that he/she can only use on items that he/she can afford. Now, that's not very fair, is it? What if the player wants to advance? The gems were already used on previous gear so now it discourages advancement of gear. By keeping the gems tradable, this alleviates that issue.

Right now, the value is roughly 1.5-3m per gem. Imagine when the reputable sellers run out? Price rises and it'll become even harder to find someone who has them and is reputable. Thus, this locks players out.

I've already obtained all my gems so this is of no benefit to me, really. It just helps players not deal with the struggle that I had to go through.

Sorcerie
11-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Change the color of the stone, and leave it untradable.

There has to be something other than the LB banner and the title that holds some significance for people who participated.

Also, if you can't be bothered to check the item you're buying carefully before trade then you deserve to get it taken by someone who was smarter and more desperate than you.

New Players? Too bad. There's a reason why participating in events is such a big deal in STS games. If you didn't make it to the party, then there will be plenty of items for sale with the gem crafted in it.

For the poor guy who spent all that time farming for the stone?

Use it and make it count, then sell whatever it is you use it on or don't.

Why does every little thing in this game have to be micro managed or spoon fed?

BaronB
11-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Hey Baron,

I appreciate the more kindly worded post. I really do! It helps keep opinions from turning into flame wars so thank you for that. :)

Yes, you could see it as the hoarders making gold but the truth is that they already are. If a player is reputable & hoarded para gems, you've struck a gold mine. If a player is not reputable - he/she is basically left with gems that he/she can only use on items that he/she can afford. Now, that's not very fair, is it? What if the player wants to advance? The gems were already used on previous gear so now it discourages advancement of gear. By keeping the gems tradable, this alleviates that issue.

Right now, the value is roughly 1.5-3m per gem. Imagine when the reputable sellers run out? Price rises and it'll become even harder to find someone who has them and is reputable. Thus, this locks players out.

I've already obtained all my gems so this is of no benefit to me, really. It just helps players not deal with the struggle that I had to go through.

Its cool bud, we have passed more then a few comments in game before and should know im always up fora peaceful chinwag ^.^

You make a point about being able to retain some value of the gems and however your method I just cannot agree with.

The beautiful opportunity that arises from these spare gems however then is the use in other gear which will in turn raise that gears value.

By fusing this wonder gift from STS with other gear means people that might not be able to afford the top end gear might have more ofa fighting chance with a buffed up legendary weapon or older mythic weapon which once might have lost its touch but now can be restored.

If you have been fortunate enough to mange to put 1 damage gem in each of the gear you wear then great.

now maybe those spare gems can be put to use in other gear that's bought from someone else then sold off to someone else making the cycle of commerce a more fun and fair place imo :)

spasmatic
11-04-2014, 01:31 PM
The common people finally have something the rich want. The rich cry "Make it tradable so I can have yours too" Sorry not this time.

Zeus
11-04-2014, 01:38 PM
The common people finally have something the rich want. The rich cry "Make it tradable so I can have yours too" Sorry not this time.

If you do not want to sell the gem then do not sell it. This gives players the choice instead of being forced into one option. Please do not make it out to be some hidden agenda. Players always reserve the right to say no. Nobody is taking that right away from you. :)

Umadbro?
11-04-2014, 01:38 PM
I could really use that gem on my twink

Bully
11-04-2014, 02:33 PM
make it can trade. agree to Zeus.

RDX
11-04-2014, 02:37 PM
Change colour pls. I get confuse while switching gears in pvp.

Xpolosion
11-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Dumbest company ive seen. The constant inconsistencies is horrible. Fail management

Ardbeg
11-04-2014, 03:22 PM
what if STG just chooses to bring the Soulstone back at some point to give new players a shot at it?

Psychologist
11-04-2014, 03:34 PM
Some people want this, some others want that. We'll never get a fully agreed subject. My view on this is; players that weren't able to play during the event. I'm sure most of them would love to own a 'para gem'. What if they become tradeable? They'll remain at a high price which would leave you guys with the same "exclusive" feeling. Anyhow, most of you here have a valid point - but what's there to lose? You've achieved it. For you, not others. +1 to the thread thinking about players that didn't have the opportunity to get their own gem.

Sokpuppet
11-04-2014, 03:38 PM
what if STG just chooses to bring the Soulstone back at some point to give new players a shot at it?

In my opinion, if something is marketed as "exclusive" it should not make a return. This will alienate a large group of people that paid a lot of money for things because they were supposed to be rare.

Candylicks
11-04-2014, 03:39 PM

(1) You can sell the gems you earned during the event and earn a substantial amount of gold

(2) The current situation of para gems leaves players vulnerable to scams

octavos
11-04-2014, 03:45 PM
I see no harm in having them trad-able..Just have a person (npc) in town that can remove the gems that equipped to items already. this would be great for grand gems that have been equipped to items also. But since this is the 1st mythic gem of its kind..they will be very desirable.

Ardbeg
11-04-2014, 03:49 PM
I see no harm in having them trad-able..Just have a person (npc) in town that can remove the gems that equipped to items already. this would be great for grand gems that have been equipped to items also. But since this is the 1st mythic gem of its kind..they will be very desirable.

this would be a great opportunity for a gold sink also.

octavos
11-04-2014, 03:51 PM
this would be a great opportunity for a gold sink also.

Now we are talking..so i can get that mage vanity mwahahahah.

Burstnuke
11-04-2014, 04:13 PM

The event is over.

Let it rest.

One <3

Hes not being greedy, he is asking for them to be tradable and unsocketable so other players can have a chance at more then one para gem per gear. He gave you an example of how much dmg his rogue had which was quite broken. What hes saying now is to make it tradable so others can have more then 1 para gem for thier gear. I dont see how this is being greedy lol..:rolleyes:

Awesomazing
11-04-2014, 04:16 PM
What about players who would loved to sell them because they had like 2 or more but used them because they were not trade-able?

jiph
11-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Disagree that was a platinum reward ONLY if you need gold spend more cash

Anarchist
11-04-2014, 09:43 PM
Unfortunately i am forced to post again cause the blindness is getting over 9000.

Paragems aside in this game there are MANY items a new player will never get. Arcane Legends feeds on exclusivity day n night.
New players wont get shady n Surge, they won't get San valentine hearts, they wont get Lb banners, nightshade, will probably never make it for any seasobal LB banner ecc.
Not to mention when a new player comes his priorities are others: capping, getting a decent pet, getting a couple mythics. The last thing he will think about is having 4/5 paragems so he can kill OP rogues AND FORTUNATELY IF HE WANTS ONE HE CAN ALWAYS BUY IT FROM A ALREADY GEMMED ITEM!!

Coming back to why this suggestion is a game breaker, to compensate Zeus OP damage which is a exception in a vast amount of rogues and players its being proposed to create more rogues like him. In the scenario where there are 10 rogues that OP. You create other 50 rogues that OP so they can kill the previous 10 rogues, You dumb?

aquascaper
11-04-2014, 10:06 PM

What about damage? I didn't notice xD

Surprised no one used this again from the lag thread :D

spasmatic
11-05-2014, 12:13 AM
And you end up with a small subset of rich players who have the majority of these gems and a bunch of players who are a few million richer wondering why they are being one shotted all day in PVP.

Zeus
11-05-2014, 12:58 AM
And you end up with a small subset of rich players who have the majority of these gems and a bunch of players who are a few million richer wondering why they are being one shotted all day in PVP.

Err..this has already happened. I thought that my screenshot proves that? Our guild as a whole is already gemming to the teeth with these gems. There's only one rogue I know with higher damage than me and that is Gothical with nightshade.

My suggestion makes it so OTHERS also have some way to combat the OPness. People can point fingers and state that I have some hidden agenda but the truth is...Karma prepared for this and hoarded gems + gemmed their gears. Need proof? Xcs, Gothical, Lia, Arrypotta, Msmystic are some to name a few.

Livetokill
11-05-2014, 03:39 AM
This is not an issue about "poor" players. If they wanted the gem to be trade-able then they would have asked for it. From a what I see it's the "buyers" who want it trade-able....none of the would be "sellers" are crying for it to be trade-able.
The problem of pvp imbalance can be easily solved by changing how the gem works.....instead of 2+5.5 it can be made 1+6.5 thereby nullifying the advantage of having multiple Paracelsus' gems.
Though I am not gonna be surprised if the "LB Union" gets it's way.

PS: 1.Just knew this gem was gonna #@$# things up
2.I am sure the OP or his guild members won't buy if the gems become trade-able since they are set./s

Butterbiscut
11-05-2014, 04:08 AM
i didnt know how serious people were about this game..... ****

Anarchist
11-05-2014, 05:03 AM
When you don't care about the things you like, there is always someone else that will do it in your place.
Since you never cared or voiced your opinion cause it was boring what you like would be changed as it pleases others.(Fact)

This applies to real life also. "I wont vote cause its boring, cause politicians are liars" then you find yourself paying more tax and asking how come.

Pardon the digression.

Silverpegasus
11-05-2014, 06:45 AM

wow i just noticed that after you mentioned it. thanks :)
got confused with grand elon gem and para gem too.

what i see from not making it tradeable is that lowballer merch and opportunist seeker cant scam noob players with death hand title.
it had its good point. since it is untradeable, those with little cash to afford expensive items to craft into will eventually waste it on their low value gear, making supply of para stone scarce. (At least they got to enjoy it right?)

it's funny how many ppl try to scam my low level toon in a day. It gets tiring too. i buy your xxxx. for 10k, 50k, basically 1/10 of the value, even 1/100 of the value.

Either way I wont be affected because my conscience wont allow it, but I think it works great the way it is now.
At least those who get scammed is rich enough to go out and looking to buy para stone.

but i' think differentiating the gem color would helps a lot from "being misled" in cs.
mythic orange would be great!

noahgoulin
11-05-2014, 07:06 AM

Totally agree whith you for the idea of make it tradeable!!!

noahgoulin
11-05-2014, 07:15 AM
- Essence
Really good idea for forged energy kit!!

Madxnoob
11-05-2014, 02:30 PM
You guys could.just give me your bonesaw to gem with parc stone :D

Commander.
11-05-2014, 02:52 PM

+1/0 for this

.no
11-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Any new players are discouraged by having to compete against players with gear they will never be able to have.

So let's get this right. You want to make gems tradable, so as to possibly help a newer player when they join?

Oh but wait, you believe controlling supply and demand is the way to make gold, which you have done in past.....

Hmmmm.........gems become tradable, gems are bought up by....who??? Hmmm.... Who could possibly buy these new, rare, sought-after, tradable gems?....

Oh wait!! PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!

PEOPLE WITH MILLIONS CHANGING THE GAME FOR THERE BENEFIT.

GEMS BECOME TRADABLE--->>>YOU BUY MANY-->>>NEW/OLD PLAYERS SCREWED-->>>YOU MAKE A LARGE PROFIT

.no
11-05-2014, 07:31 PM
This is not an issue about "poor" players. If they wanted the gem to be trade-able then they would have asked for it. From a what I see it's the "buyers" who want it trade-able....none of the would be "sellers" are crying for it to be trade-able.
The problem of pvp imbalance can be easily solved by changing how the gem works.....instead of 2+5.5 it can be made 1+6.5 thereby nullifying the advantage of having multiple Paracelsus' gems.
Though I am not gonna be surprised if the "LB Union" gets it's way.

PS: 1.Just knew this gem was gonna #@$# things up
2.I am sure the OP or his guild members won't buy if the gems become trade-able since they are set./s

Ty for this post

.no
11-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Unfortunately i am forced to post again cause the blindness is getting over 9000.

Paragems aside in this game there are MANY items a new player will never get. Arcane Legends feeds on exclusivity day n night.
New players wont get shady n Surge, they won't get San valentine hearts, they wont get Lb banners, nightshade, will probably never make it for any seasobal LB banner ecc.
Not to mention when a new player comes his priorities are others: capping, getting a decent pet, getting a couple mythics. The last thing he will think about is having 4/5 paragems so he can kill OP rogues AND FORTUNATELY IF HE WANTS ONE HE CAN ALWAYS BUY IT FROM A ALREADY GEMMED ITEM!!

Coming back to why this suggestion is a game breaker, to compensate Zeus OP damage which is a exception in a vast amount of rogues and players its being proposed to create more rogues like him. In the scenario where there are 10 rogues that OP. You create other 50 rogues that OP so they can kill the previous 10 rogues, You dumb?

Thank you

Zeus
11-05-2014, 07:45 PM
So let's get this right. You want to make gems tradable, so as to possibly help a newer player when they join?

Oh but wait, you believe controlling supply and demand is the way to make gold, which you have done in past.....

Hmmmm.........gems become tradable, gems are bought up by....who??? Hmmm.... Who could possibly buy these new, rare, sought-after, tradable gems?....

Oh wait!! PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!

PEOPLE WITH MILLIONS CHANGING THE GAME FOR THERE BENEFIT.

GEMS BECOME TRADABLE--->>>YOU BUY MANY-->>>NEW/OLD PLAYERS SCREWED-->>>YOU MAKE A LARGE PROFIT

How many times do I need to say that investing in a potential idea is just not smart..? Anyways, it is a person's choice to sell. I do not force them to. Why is that an issue?

.no
11-05-2014, 08:02 PM
How many times do I need to say that investing in a potential idea is just not smart..? Anyways, it is a person's choice to sell. I do not force them to. Why is that an issue?

What potential idea? Gems are here, and there are only so many. You and others with millions buy them up, supply goes down, prices go up? How's that hard to understand?

One of your points for this, is for poorer players to be able to recoup/make gold from selling a tradable gem. Gem becomes tradable- good chance they will do just that, sell. And who's waiting on the other side with millions....

Zeus
11-05-2014, 08:16 PM
What potential idea? Gems are here, and there are only so many. You and others with millions buy them up, supply goes down, prices go up? How's that hard to understand?
Correct. Who's choice is it to sell? The owner of the item. They should have the choice, no? Alternatively, I could say that you are trying to control the economy by keeping them non-trade-able. :rolleyes:

One of your points for this, is for poorer players to be able to recoup/make gold from selling a tradable gem. Gem becomes tradable- good chance they will do just that, sell. And who's waiting on the other side with millions....

Why is this such a bad thing? They make money and are happy, we make money and are happy. That is how an economy works, no? It's certainly better than the absolute standstill we currently have.

obee
11-05-2014, 08:18 PM

People with money sell it and get money. I do agree though, this will unbalance pvp, since the rich will buy all of them.

obee
11-05-2014, 08:24 PM
This is literally like some governments, the rich have all the say in how the economy functions, and the poor can't control anything. This is just another idea that will highly benefit the players with millions.

spasmatic
11-05-2014, 08:26 PM
People with money sell it and get money. I do agree though, this will unbalance pvp, since the rich will buy all of them.

And there it is folks, the plain truth not hidden behind some smoke and mirror illusion of helping new people.

Zeus
11-05-2014, 08:49 PM
And there it is folks, the plain truth not hidden behind some smoke and mirror illusion of helping new people.

The rich are going to make money regardless. It changes nothing. I don't see why there's so much hatred for rich people in game. We probably give out the most gold and stimulate the economy. If we're broke, who do you expect to buy your stuff?

obee
11-05-2014, 09:15 PM
The rich are going to make money regardless. It changes nothing. I don't see why there's so much hatred for rich people in game. We probably give out the most gold and stimulate the economy. If we're broke, who do you expect to buy your stuff?
We don't hate them, we hate that they exploit us. We make money, but the thing is, you benefit way more than the actual price. Why can't the poor stimulate the economy? And you think the rich are being attacked...the rich cannot continue to basically run the game.

Zeus
11-05-2014, 09:20 PM
We don't hate them, we hate that they exploit us. We make money, but the thing is, you benefit way more than the actual price. Why can't the poor stimulate the economy? And you think the rich are being attacked...the rich cannot continue to basically run the game.

They can't stimulate the economy in this game because they have no money to begin with. How do they exploit? It's your choice to sell an item. If you don't feel satisfied with the deal, don't accept it. You're not obligated.

obee
11-05-2014, 09:23 PM
They can't stimulate the economy in this game because they have no money to begin with. How do they exploit? It's your choice to sell an item. If you don't feel satisfied with the deal, don't accept it. You're not obligated.
You exploit by buying our items and getting way more value out of it. And it's not like we ask the rich to buy our items. When you list something for sale, you don't know who is going to buy it. If we don't sell something, we can't buy anything because we don't have money. Dude, if you make para gems tradable, the middle class and poor are gonna sell, the rich are going to buy, and make way more value by getting insane damage.

cami
11-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Is a good idea Zeus, if the gem is tradeable in items why not only the gem?. I knew that STS had their plan good elaborated
: if the gem is tradeabe and easy of found it in the event the money of STS down but like they knew from first time that many rich players will spend money in get the gem they elaborated the gem non tradeable hehe, I hope that this time will be tradeable now that STS has a loot of gold.

Sir Lubo Penev
11-05-2014, 09:40 PM
NO to this idea. And generally NO to any changes post facto. Especially ones that fix/improve nothing in this game.

Instanthumor
11-06-2014, 12:21 AM

There's a limit to how many gems a person can use, so I don't see a problem.

I don't think anyone has written a good enough reason to why the gems shouldn't be tradable. All I hear is rich buy all, poor will suffer, but I doubt it. Rich will buy gems from poor, poor will get money, poor will be happy, rich will be happy. No problem. I'm saying this now partly because I only have ONE para gem, and I want more. But the only way to obtain more para gems is to GIVE your gear to someone so that they can gem it for you. By doing this, I'm taking a risk, and that shouldn't be happening. Scamming shouldn't be an option for anything.

Anarchist
11-06-2014, 12:42 AM
This is not just a rich/poor problem there are 5 long pages about why this gem should not be tradeable Instanthumor.
You think i don't wanna buy gems too? Of course i want those gems, everyone with the gold or that pvps wants gems to be tradeable but i also know it's gonna f pvp up just as i also know in the scenario where karma has already hoarded their gems just as Zeus says only a few of them are gonna benefit from the stocked gems and get more op but in the scenario gems become tradeable....

Instanthumor
11-06-2014, 02:25 AM
This is not just a rich/poor problem there are 5 long pages about why this gem should not be tradeable Instanthumor.
You think i don't wanna buy gems too? Of course i want those gems, everyone with the gold or that pvps wants gems to be tradeable but i also know it's gonna f pvp up just as i also know in the scenario where karma has already hoarded their gems just as Zeus says only a few of them are gonna benefit from the stocked gems and get more op but in the scenario gems become tradeable....

The people who want the gems will obtain them. If they can't, they will find another way to obtain them. Leaving it untradable just makes it harder to obtain one, and at the same time, provoke potential scams. PvP is messed up anyways. Severely undergeared rogues can one shot geared mages without para gems with ease.

Migzorille
11-06-2014, 05:56 AM
Even if you have sooo many para gems only the first one gives insane damage

epicrrr
11-06-2014, 06:06 AM
No to paracelsus gem being tradeable, or you will be seeing twinks with 10 stone (exag but high possibility). To those buying para gem with having their items be upgraded by someone else, deal at your own risk. They are nontradeable for a reason, one of them being highly game disruptive and a potential to ruin AL i bet devs already having a hard time to balance everything out. cough* mage cough*

Chronexia
11-06-2014, 06:24 AM
In low lvl twinks 2 dmg is allot. There's already some people using 3-5 gems in their gear because it's very op.

Making these gems tradeable is a very bad idea. It will make twinkling like endgame where you need to be rich to compete with others. This ruins the point of twinking causing more people to quit.

It seems like a simple update but think about the effects it would have on the game as a whole Zeus.

I was thinking about that too, and I agree with you at some point. Making this thing tradeable would cause a hammock inside the twinking world.

Sorcerie
11-06-2014, 09:52 AM
The rich are going to make money regardless. It changes nothing. I don't see why there's so much hatred for rich people in game. We probably give out the most gold and stimulate the economy. If we're broke, who do you expect to buy your stuff?Give out the most gold? That's a subjective opinion, Zeus. Cause I'd wager that the middle class are the ones who are actually moving the most gold around.

Besides, It's no secret that you don't actually farm or barter in low or mid tier items, you merch high end gear and mostly to people within the upper the class, so you're not really spreading your wealth at all.

You're more of a high end boutique for the rich, the same as most of the people you deal with.

And i hate to say it, but this thread really does look like a petition to consolidate a large amount of an exclusive item to the people (i.e. Karma board members) who have the gold to stock pile even more.

It does have merit to make it tradable for new players and to stop attempts at scamming, but that's not the real goal now, is it? For people like you it's a win-win unless it remains untradable so that you don't risk losing your gold to a desperate scammer.

Zeus
11-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Give out the most gold? That's a subjective opinion, Zeus. Cause I'd wager that the middle class are the ones who are actually moving the most gold around.

Besides, It's no secret that you don't actually farm or barter in low or mid tier items, you merch high end gear and mostly to people within the upper the class, so you're not really spreading your wealth at all.

You're more of a high end boutique for the rich, the same as most of the people you deal with.

And i hate to say it, but this thread really does look like a petition to consolidate a large amount of an exclusive item to the people (i.e. Karma board members) who have the gold to stock pile even more.

It does have merit to make it tradable for new players and to stop attempts at scamming, but that's not the real goal now, is it? For people like you it's a win-win unless it remains untradable so that you don't risk losing your gold to a desperate scammer.

Here is what people do not get...currently there is a very healthy stock of gems from reputable sellers. So, Karma already has the gems it needs. In fact, a lot of officers disagreed with me on Line. Why? Making the gems tradable means more players can also achieve the same stats. Why should the gems be limited to only those who have trustworthy and rich friends?

I manipulate supply and demand. Mid tier items do not usually fall into that category unless there are special circumstances.

I don't understand why people are so adamant on making them remain in the current form. People like me have already loaded up on these gems or have implemented into gear. Ask around for any PvPer. Most of them have multiple in their gear. So really, you're just locking other players out. We've been satisfied, trust me. I don't mind being in the cool circle but eventually, competition will drop and that's when things get boring. These gems need to be obtainable in a less risky manner.

Sorcerie
11-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Here is what people do not get...currently there is a very healthy stock of gems from reputable sellers. So, Karma already has the gems it needs. In fact, a lot of officers disagreed with me on Line. Why? Making the gems tradable means more players can also achieve the same stats. Why should the gems be limited to only those who have trustworthy and rich friends?

I manipulate supply and demand. Mid tier items do not usually fall into that category unless there are special circumstances.

I don't understand why people are so adamant on making them remain in the current form. People like me have already loaded up on these gems or have implemented into gear. Ask around for any PvPer. Most of them have multiple in their gear. So really, you're just locking other players out. We've been satisfied, trust me. I don't mind being in the cool circle but eventually, competition will drop and that's when things get boring. These gems need to be obtainable in a less risky manner.Ah, but it doesn't hurt to have more does it? Lol

The rich are never satisfied, brother. Fact.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me cause i don't pvp and that seems be where the most damage will be done, but it looks like the balance will shift for the worst no matter what.

Either you make them tradable and then anyone who can afford to have OP pvp dam will try to get it to compete, or you don't, and the OP players will drive out players from PVP and will only play with themselves.

Lesser of two evils. :/

kinzmet
11-06-2014, 02:03 PM

I usually agree with your opinion most of the time, but not this.

You say that making the parac gems tradable will not force them (the poor/new players as you refer on earlier posts).
Sample: New/poor player (have parac gem) >> Since I had no mythic/arcane items what should I do with the gem? >> Simple, sell it.
Well that sounds not forced to sell? Do you really think he/she would gemmed it to legendaries and missed obtaining some million of golds just to "be able to compete"?
I'm sure that the goldless player will sell it. So in the end, the poor/new player is forced to sell the gem to acquire a couple of millions.

As a mercher I personaly would love the idea of parac being tradable (I had 6 stashed). But if making these gems tradable will thickened the wall between the OP players and the players-who-sold-the-gem, then I wouldn't wan't that.

(-1) to making the Paracelsus Soulstone gem tradable.

Remiem
11-06-2014, 02:06 PM
Hey there. :) Thanks for the suggestions. At this time, we do not plan on making the gem tradable, but I do see your concern about the gem color. I passed this along to the dev team and they will look into tweaking it so that it's a little more distinctive. Thanks everyone for your input.

Anarchist
11-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Thank you Ma'.

kinzmet
11-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Hey there. :) Thanks for the suggestions. At this time, we do not plan on making the gem tradable, but I do see your concern about the gem color. I passed this along to the dev team and they will look into tweaking it so that it's a little more distinctive. Thanks everyone for your input.

There you have it! Its now all clear :)

Thanks rem!

BaronB
11-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Lets hope the decision sticks and this is just a closed matter ^^

Tho personally gems look beautiful as they are now imo ^.^

Zeus
11-06-2014, 02:55 PM

Thanks Remiem and thank you for taking it into consideration + implementing at least part of the suggestion. :)

InternetExplorer
11-06-2014, 02:59 PM

I bet he'll be heard in the Dev team, Loud and Clear. Brace yourselves folks :)

I hope there will be no changes made when it comes to paracelsus gems.

The scams will only happen if a player insists in obtaining the gem in a risky manner. STS dont want that to happen, im sure, Trade your items at your own risk, if you get scammed its your fault. if you dont want to get scammed dont pursue it then. simple as that.

Those who have plenty of paracelsus gems, well done. you've secured your place in AL history until Season 20 :)

To STS, see the huge wall separating the Rich and the poor? this is just one problems that will come along the way specially with new contents that gives " an edge " to someone like this gem. :)

Anarchist
11-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Join Karma fella, i heared they stocked tons of gems.

BaronB
11-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Join Karma fella, i heared they stocked tons of gems.
Lmao sound like the shady dudes with overcoats on the streets

"Wha you need brah? Got watches, braclets and para gems hook ups"

Appeltjes
11-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Sts encourage scamming. Why have love only for your own :/

1. They don't.
2. "Why love only for your own"????? What's that supposed to mean?

jiph
11-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Thread closed

Psychologist
11-06-2014, 05:41 PM

The fact that they took our suggestion into so much consideration is a spot on for their company. Haven't seen that much of a "community care" in ages. You guys rock!

Dalmony
11-09-2014, 04:13 PM
This thread to me just says:

"I farmed loads of para gems thinking I'd just go on forums later and campaign for them to be made tradeable and cash in big time."

I disagree with para gems being made tradeable after the event for this precise reason. People played that event knowing the gems would be untradable and planned accordingly. It's wrong to change that later.

Zeus
11-09-2014, 04:36 PM
This thread to me just says:

"I farmed loads of para gems thinking I'd just go on forums later and campaign for them to be made tradeable and cash in big time."

I disagree with para gems being made tradeable after the event for this precise reason. People played that event knowing the gems would be untradable and planned accordingly. It's wrong to change that later.

Again, I didn't farm para gems. I farmed two in total - the rest I purchased. This thread is for anyone who wants to compete against multiple paracelsus gem users. However, a final verdict has already been reached.

Instanthumor
11-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Should make different particle effects for different amount of para gems equipped... that would be cool

BaronB
11-09-2014, 05:16 PM
All my 7 gems are bounded to an item so this would not affect me. I paid for all of mine except one - so no, I didn't stock up like most players.

Here says you only farmed one... and bought the rest.

Reply above your saying you farmed only 2...

But thats none of my business

*sipping tea*

XD

BaronB
11-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Should make different particle effects for different amount of para gems equipped... that would be cool

Better yet.. be able to pick the diff colours they can glow xD

Zeus
11-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Here says you only farmed one... and bought the rest.

Reply above your saying you farmed only 2...

But thats none of my business

*sipping tea*

XD

I only farmed one in the sense that it was on an alternative character.

I obtained two in total - one on my alt, one through normal leaderboard running.

Either way, at the time of the post - they were all used up anyways so it really does nothing to change my point.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

BaronB
11-09-2014, 06:48 PM
I only farmed one in the sense that it was on an alternative character.

I obtained two in total - one on my alt, one through normal leaderboard running.

Either way, at the time of the post - they were all used up anyways so it really does nothing to change my point.

Oh its cool didn't need a explaination bud sorry didnt mean to make you feel that you had to justify the different amounts you said youd farmed.

Just a cheeky observation ^.^

*sip*

Care for a cuppa at all ? XD

Dalmony
11-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Final decision has already been made and that's awesome :) It's still nice to be able to chat and share opinions though.

Mine happens to be that by the time anyone who JUST joined the game as a first time first toon player gets to a point where they are going to care about competing against multiple paracelsus users, the planar tombs will have been released thus giving them the new amulet to work towards, and winter event will not be far on the horizon giving yet more items for them to work towards just as equally as everyone else.

These new players need to level up their toons, make some gold, acquire a lep pendant and a set of gear which will allow them to comfortably run all maps, and possibly a few nice pets to enhance their gameplay. It's either going to take them some time, or they are going to become hardcore plat users in which case they will make their gold via plat-based methods and eventually have enough to simply buy items with a para gem equipped, just like you did.

It's very caring of you to be concerned about them in this way but really... I wouldn't worry too much.

Those who have not JUST joined with their very first toon and thus were already playing when the halloween event was released had as fair a chance as anyone to gain whichever gems they wanted to during the halloween event. I farmed 3 of them over the event using only forged and free energy kits, and 5 energy kits I bought which I got lazy and bought from CS to finish off my tank.

Having gems not be tradeable means we have to think a little more carefully about how and when to use them.

Zeus
11-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Oh its cool didn't need a explaination bud sorry didnt mean to make you feel that you had to justify the different amounts you said youd farmed.

Just a cheeky observation ^.^

*sip*

Care for a cuppa at all ? XD

Do you need a video to see how many Paracelsus gemmed items I own and how many are unused? I can arrange that if you'd like.

lethaljade
11-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Nah I don't think this gem should be tradable, everyone be walking around with 1000 damage nty,

Arpluvial
11-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Hey guys! :)

I have cleaned up this thread. Let's make sure to keep it friendly and on-topic. :)