PDA

View Full Version : attributes and attribute with weapons

wolfendragon
02-06-2011, 05:51 AM
I think that str should increase damage more than dex as well as affect armor and crit.
dex should affect hit chance and attack/cooldown speed and dodge.
Int should affect skill power and effects as well as regens.

Doing this would be good and would balance game and character a bit more.
also doing that and setting up multi weapon and armor reqs ecspecially with high end gearwould make them really good if done right.

Pharcyde
02-06-2011, 06:00 AM
Eh, I don't think the PL community could stand another combat rebalance. Right now Bears are the perfect tanks. If they do change anything about it, it will most likely be gradual changes in the equipment stats over a period of 15-20 gear levels.

Phoenixking
02-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Bears need to be tweaked a little make them stronger

Fyrce
02-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Actually my bear's Ao3 groups go great. Just about everything is easy and hardly anyone dies, except maybe birds that do not pot for OL. So I actually think bears are fine right now.

Kujen
02-06-2011, 10:03 AM
This would make the game more interesting. It's boring if the best dex birds are 100% dex, the best int mages are 100% int. You don't have to think about where to put your points. If each stat is effected by only int, dex, or str..everyone would have to start putting points in other attributes to find what the best mix is for them. So if a bird is 100% dex, he won't do much base damage. If a bear is 100% str, he will have a low hit % and miss a lot. Players would have to consider using a mix of all the stats.

Of course this would be a major change, and yea it would anger people at first. Devs would have to do a lot of testing before changing it, but it may make the game more interesting in the end. People would have to think creatively about the mix of stats they want. Characters would be more varied and not just carbon copies of everyone else.

Ona
02-06-2011, 10:28 AM
It is a very complicated question. I've tried to calculate the impact of each str/int/dex point on each capacity, as I wanted to find the best build (guess I'm not the only one who did it). Took me a while but I found out how it works.
But two problems:
- It's harder to know how each point affects the DMG caused by your skills.
- Your gears will mix everything up. The most efficient build I found works only with a naked char :/

Thus, it is really hard to know what mix really is the best to maximise DMG, dodge, health and armor for a tank ; Hit, Crit, DMG and DPS for a brid ; Hit, Mana and skill effects for a mage.
Maybe some went further and succeeded in calculating it, that could help to know if there is a real need of rebalancing attribute effects. For now though: birds really are dd, mages are good at aoe and bears can tank decently as long as they know how/want to use properly their char.

wolfendragon
02-06-2011, 09:33 PM
It is a very complicated question. I've tried to calculate the impact of each str/int/dex point on each capacity, as I wanted to find the best build (guess I'm not the only one who did it). Took me a while but I found out how it works.h
But two problems:
- It's harder to know how each point affects the DMG caused by your skills.
- Your gears will mix everything up. The most efficient build I found works only with a naked char :/

Thus, it is really hard to know what mix really is the best to maximise DMG, dodge, health and armor for a tank ; Hit, Crit, DMG and DPS for a brid ; Hit, Mana and skill effects for a mage.
Maybe some went further and succeeded in calculating it, that could help to know if there is a real need of rebalancing attribute effects. For now though: birds really are dd, mages are good at aoe and bears can tank decently as long as they know how/want to use properly their char.

Ive checked both skills affected and stats affected and dex basically goes everywhere while str and int don't go far enough I've checked and played with differen spec and gear builds and full dex bear does better damage heals with attacks and skills armor sux on full dex bear but it kills others quicker. Dex right now has high hit high base damage while str has low base damage low hit. Int is middle base middle hit. Str which is basis of the bear is basically screwed up and only the best gear compensates even against some mediocre npcs and other players

wolfendragon
02-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Eh, I don't think the PL community could stand another combat rebalance. Right now Bears are the perfect tanks. If they do change anything about it, it will most likely be gradual changes in the equipment stats over a period of 15-20 gear levels.

Granted right now bears how good armor rating but the tank if full str should have high damage as well may not hit all the timecbut it will hurt the enemy full dex bear has high hit and usually double damage. Base damage on naked bear at 46 with full str 11-13 full dex 34-44 now how screwed up is that plus the full dex gets high hit.

Phoenixking
02-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Well it will be tough my pal you might have more cons then pros