PDA

View Full Version : Pets....how about Summoning?

kobebean
02-06-2011, 08:34 AM
What if, every class had a generic "Summon" button, that could summon a creature depending on the person's "summoning" level. It would have to have say, a 3 min cool down rate. Like Crafting, it could be something that you had to work on for a long time in order to gain a level, and therefore would bring something new and challenging to PL.

The creatures could be used to battle, to hold items, and maybe even get into creature vs. creature fights.

On a side note, wouldn't it be interesting if you could revive in game monsters? Success would have to be a thing of chance (no chance!reviving red dot figures like OL!), but it would add a lot into the game.

Kujen
02-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Maybe not every class because of balance reasons, but I wish there was a new class that summoned things. Like I really loved my beastlord in EQ. Most of your attack skills would be pet skills. The character themself should do less damage to compensate and it could be tricky to balance. Also, they'd be bad for Pvp as everyone would just ignore the summoned pet and kill the character. But if they could find a way to make it work, a class like that would be fun.

Pocket Legend
02-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Or have it kill the pet + player to defeat them.

Arterra
02-06-2011, 09:34 AM
no new classes will be added for a long time. simple as that. so we got to think of an alternative method of summoning to have a chance of implementation IMO

skill rehaul could include items that let you use certain skills embedded in them. while equipped, you have that spell :P

StompArtist
02-06-2011, 09:35 AM
All I ask for is a Squirrel.

TwinkTastical
02-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Origonal.....classy.

Phoenixking
02-06-2011, 11:23 AM
All I ask is for a human

Kossi
02-06-2011, 11:24 AM
ill ask for a canary...sic him!

Phoenixking
02-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Were is my human I'm naming him slave!

Conradin
02-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Yes I would love to summon pets- as long as we still keep this different from RS I'm fine.

Rebel
02-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Were is my human I'm naming him slave!

Phoenix, just the other day you had a go at someone for being "racist". You are a hypocrit my friend.

Edit: Sorry I forgot to add helpful comments. I would love to see another class come into play. I'd rather not have everyone able to have pets. This game would start turning into pokemon or some other form of that type of game. But a specific class made to be able to summon creatures seems like a great idea although the Devs have already hinted that humans will most likely be the next class IF there will be another class at all. They also stated that IF there will be another class, it definitely will not be for a while. Love the idea though!

Conradin
02-06-2011, 12:10 PM
I have a great idea for a class- I'll make a thread for it later.

Dessabi
02-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Thatd be really cool. Pets is a wonderful idea