PDA

View Full Version : New chat system really bad :/

hakoom7
11-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Thank you sts for trying to improve the game and make it easier for us to chat, but you cant just make changes after playing the game for almost 2 years, we are used to the old way

If you want to make changes at least please do it slowly, the game has changed alot I cant even keep up with it, just today I realised theres respec scroll :o

Anyway my point is please please change the chat inside TDM and CTF to the old way, its just so hard to keep typing /a if I wana say something.
I bet no one can play the game for 1 hour without sending an X send at least 5 times :/

Samhayne
11-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Hey Hakoom,

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate your input.

Regarding the PvP chat, we rather like that it take a little bit more effort to chat to the whole room. Much of the trash and smack talk happens that way and this is just a small step to try and curb it. We are aware of the issues and looking at ways to improve the chat experience and address customer feedback.

Best regards,
Samhayne

hakoom7
11-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Hey Hakoom,

Regarding the PvP chat, we rather like that it take a little bit more effort to chat to the whole room. Much of the trash and smack talk happens that way and this is just a small step to try and curb it. We are aware of the issues and looking at ways to improve the chat experience and address customer feedback.

Best regards,
Samhayne

Thanks alot samhayne

phillyr
11-05-2014, 09:31 AM
If it was just the "/" command that automatically appeared i would be game for that. That way we only have to either backspace once or type a single letter to chat with who we wanted to. Holding G till the / appears is kinda annoying but most of us are used to it

just another upbeat positive comment from your friendly neighborhood forumer 😆

Inan'hesh
11-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Hey Hakoom,

Best regards,
Samhayne

Thanks sam, I was now getting used to the new chat system. I only had a suggestion, can another "/" command change the first one? It would be very useful.
Sample is after you typed "/g message" you automatically go to "/guildchat" when you chat, but if you typed another command over the other like "/guildchat /p" the "/p" will precide over the "/guildchat" command and the next time you chat it wuold be "/partychat". This would save us the time on erasing the automatic command after you do it, its "/guildchat" on this example.