View Full Version : [NEED CONFIRM ASAP] This website contain adware/malware?

Axesam
11-05-2014, 06:45 AM

First, why i post this here not in AL technical issues and bug sub forum bcoz this issues is about AL Forum website, not game client.
Second, this happen when i use PC
Third, I hope this isnt true so i need an official confirmation from sts.

Everytime i open AL forum theres some display ads by Easy Deals aka EDeals as shown in pic

something strange with the word GAME

when i point my cursor in that "GAME" ads pop up appear

This only happen in this forum, i try to open another website contain word GAME and no EDeals pop up showin

I try to ask uncle google how to remove edeals, clean up my PC with malwarebytes, Stopzilla, etc. But this ads still exist ONLY in AL Forum.

I need help how to remove this adware/malware bcoz this is annoying

Shimada
11-05-2014, 06:49 AM
Hi,

If your using Google Chome try adding the Adblock for chrome. The same way if your using IE, try to add the Adblock for IE.

Axesam
11-05-2014, 07:04 AM
I did, still have the issues. AdBlock Extension is the must have for chrome user.

Shimada
11-05-2014, 07:07 AM
Try this,

I tried this one I think - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K94uKM5MVs

Or this one below:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2765944?hl=en

Axesam
11-05-2014, 07:19 AM
Before i make this thread, i did anything, remove extension, uninstal unwanted program, update antivirus and doin deep scan, scan with anti malware program, re install chrome, etc. So please give an Expert solution.

Alhuntrazeck
11-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Candy! :o

Farminer's
11-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Get some candeh

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

GoodSyntax
11-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Most likely, you inadvertently installed the eDeals junkware when you downloaded and installed some other piece of free software. This can be bundled under several different names, examples include: Smartones, Discountlocator, Rcoupon, SpeedSave, EDeals, etc. In general, be very careful when installing anything, since, CNet, ZDNet, MajorGeeks and many other sites now include this junk as part of their installs. It is a disgusting practice that is starting to become very common, so don't just blast through with next, next, next, finish when installing anything; always review each screen, because the Ask Toolbar and marketing junk seems to be embedded into most installers these days.

There are several different ways to remove this, but generally, I suggest running ComboFix, since ComboFix corrects other issues of malware and viruses. Combofix can be downloaded from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/dl/12/

Note: Some anti-virus (such as McAfee will detect ComboFix as a virus....this is a false positive).

Hope this helped...

Candylicks
11-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Candy! :o

LMAO I corrupted his machine.

Xenobiotic
11-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Most likely, you inadvertently installed the eDeals junkware when you downloaded and installed some other piece of free software. This can be bundled under several different names, examples include: Smartones, Discountlocator, Rcoupon, SpeedSave, EDeals, etc. In general, be very careful when installing anything, since, CNet, ZDNet, MajorGeeks and many other sites now include this junk as part of their installs. It is a disgusting practice that is starting to become very common, so don't just blast through with next, next, next, finish when installing anything; always review each screen, because the Ask Toolbar and marketing junk seems to be embedded into most installers these days.

There are several different ways to remove this, but generally, I suggest running ComboFix, since ComboFix corrects other issues of malware and viruses. Combofix can be downloaded from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/dl/12/

Note: Some anti-virus (such as McAfee will detect ComboFix as a virus....this is a false positive).

Hope this helped...

This

Linkincena
11-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Its an adware extension. . I see u r using Chrome. .
1.u need unhide hidden folders. .
2. Go to C://User>> Admin>> Application Data>> Roaming>> Google>> Chrome>> Extensions
3. Delete all folders inside

Arpluvial
11-06-2014, 12:41 AM
This appears to be an external program that had been accidentally downloaded and/or installed. Rest assured that this has nothing to do with the Spacetime Forums in any capacity. I recommend using an antivirus program or an ad blocker.

For now, I am going to go ahead and lock this thread. :) Best of luck!