PDA

View Full Version : Why do people hide their stats?

Steverd
02-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Can you give me a good reason to hide my stats?

Why do people do it? Is it because their stats are so bad/low that they are
embarrassed by them?

Steverd

Ayrilana
02-06-2011, 02:59 PM
They do it for many reasons. I do it because I hate nosy people who have no reason to see my stats in the first place. Others do it for the reasons you mentioned.

Private
02-06-2011, 03:05 PM
i do it because idc about stats and i play 4 fun so wen u see my stats u won't judge me

Physiologic
02-06-2011, 03:05 PM
They do it for many reasons. I do it because I hate nosy people who have no reason to see my stats in the first place. Others do it for the reasons you mentioned.

Is it because of Fridge runs? :p

Ayrilana
02-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Is it because of Fridge runs? :p

That's when I started doing it. Another reason why I hid my stats was in hopes that I'd quit getting harassed to PL people, give out cash, and/or equipment. Unfortunately is didn't work. It's be nice if you could hide your level too so then you won't get bugged in the towns assuming you wear lowbie gear.

mycroftxxx
02-06-2011, 03:21 PM
I sometimes boot people who don't show stats. There are way too many people who wear cyber or shadow gear but nerf their weapons, so they're well protected but never take aggro, and contribute little to the success of the team.

Protank
02-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Alot of people who are beast at pvp hide there attribute stats so u can't copy there build so easy. Others hide the other stuff (deaths, unfinished qsts) out of embarrassment I assume or cuz its really nobodies else's business idk. I havnt used this option yet but I just might one day and I'm glad we have the option if I want to use it

KingFu
02-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Only characters I hide my KD (pve) on are my tank and archer, my tank has an awful ratio and Im gonna delete him once I get the CS slots figured out(don't need 2 tanks. Early ao3 destroyed his ratio lol, but I don't care for him just a waste of a slot). My archer just has low kills since I only pvp with him, just hide those because I want people to focus on my pvp kills. My Mage has decent stats, my pallys stats I'm proud of:p and my tanks stats are pretty good, so I feel fine leaving their ratios open, same for my archers, but I don't care how many kills or deaths he has because I only use him for pvp:p (he has 9K kills 550 deaths:p)

Pharcyde
02-06-2011, 03:59 PM
I only hide my attributes, I hate how I can't go into the CS without some annoying paladin going "Pure int sucks, be a pally"

Kujen
02-06-2011, 04:02 PM
I hide attributes usually because of PVP. I havent bothered to change the inspect page for most of characters, just twinks mainly. If it was free I probably would. I really don't care about pve ratios. The only thing that bugs me is seeing high level characters with a couple hundred kills. Properly leveled characters should have several thousand by lvl 50.

KingFu
02-06-2011, 04:26 PM
I only hide my attributes, I hate how I can't go into the CS without some annoying paladin going "Pure int sucks, be a pally"

Lol, used to happen to me all the time! I hide on my archer for pvp, hide my Mage for the same reason you did, hide my bear for his build, and hide my pallys because I just don't like the look of the attributes on the side:p

noobmigo
02-06-2011, 04:28 PM
I hide behind trees because i'm ugly.

Nightarcher
02-06-2011, 05:32 PM
I only hide my stats on my main archer, which I really don't need to. I'm proud of my kills and finished quests so I display them proudly ;)

recklessfa
02-06-2011, 06:09 PM
I think I started hiding everything because... I discovered I could, and the page looked nice with just me in the middle.
Now I'm considering showing stats again since it is somehow tell a little about you.
All my chars went through ao3 when it was a mean place without caring much about my death counts.

Only my bird somehow managed to have a 4% ratio others are around 9/10
And only my Mage managed to do all the quests.

I'm hijacking the topic with two questions ( somehow on the same topic) :
Shouldn't we suggest that kills counts can't be hidden from now on ?
shouldn't quests be available and turned in only when you are in the supposed level range? (Too easy to get a clean sheet once you're 50...)

These two aspects would somehow help you get some idea of who you are dealing with (just got to 50, oldie, pvp kills reseller, power lvled, suicidal etc...)
Yes i know...
Stats wont always represent who you are/ how you play but... I agree that today... Everybody is wearing the top gear...

And I'm still holding on my void idc. I like the sparkles

WhoIsThis
02-06-2011, 06:21 PM
I sometimes boot people who don't show stats. There are way too many people who wear cyber or shadow gear but nerf their weapons, so they're well protected but never take aggro, and contribute little to the success of the team.

That may be a good idea. Perhaps if enough people start doing this, it may be possible for people to reconsider.

Palyna
02-06-2011, 08:28 PM
yea I also wondered why do people hide their stats. When players join my group, I like to view on their stats, quite disappointed when I am unable to view it. But after playing with them a while, I can roughly guess.

wolfendragon
02-06-2011, 08:45 PM
I don't like seeing 50s with low kills either to me it mans they don't know how to use their character
at lv 35 I was taking out npcs bymeself used alot of potions but took them out by knowing my character and when to use my skills. I would hide my stats for possible advantage only but decided not to. When I've respec my bear at times to full dex and put on dex gear and archer double swords its pretty cool to show off to lowbie friends who ask how I just cut down some tough npcs quick. Dual sword full dex is awesome for that armor sux like that but man can it cut thru npcs. I've got close to 5k kills and few hundred deaths at lv 46 would hide that only if I kept getting bugged by lowbies for stuff but right now don't proud of my death to kill ratio

wolfendragon
02-06-2011, 09:01 PM
I think I started hiding everything because... I discovered I could, and the page looked nice with just me in the middle.
Now I'm considering showing stats again since it is somehow tell a little about you.
All my chars went through ao3 when it was a mean place without caring much about my death counts.

Only my bird somehow managed to have a 4% ratio others are around 9/10
And only my Mage managed to do all the quests.

I'm hijacking the topic with two questions ( somehow on the same topic) :
Shouldn't we suggest that kills counts can't be hidden from now on ?
shouldn't quests be available and turned in only when you are in the supposed level range? (Too easy to get a clean sheet once you're 50...)

These two aspects would somehow help you get some idea of who you are dealing with (just got to 50, oldie, pvp kills reseller, power lvled, suicidal etc...)
Yes i know...
Stats wont always represent who you are/ how you play but... I agree that today... Everybody is wearing the top gear...

And I'm still holding on my void idc. I like the sparkles

I wear the best gear I can for my lv and people do get help to plow thru quests that I've seen. I help some of my lobie friends to do that but they better help as well or I unfriend them and ignore them. I don't powerlv people beyond lv 10 normally might help a friend go more if I play with them alot and they its not just to lv quick but I would only do a few lvs only.