PDA

View Full Version : November Arcane Legends Producer's Letter - Planar Tombs Up Next!

Samhayne
11-05-2014, 01:01 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41740&d=1379522941

Halloween:
The Halloween Event was a pretty fun ride. Playing alongside you, reading your feedback and judging by game metrics, I can see that a lot of fun was had! Big congratulations to Melisaz, Goblin and Ardbeg who topped the Rogue, Sorcerer and Warrior Halloween leaderboards! The Development Team also learned a lot. We did have some rough spots that Halloween scared up. The large upswing in players playing revealed issues that led to some improvements to the game server to accommodate them. We have more work to do to ensure that you have the best play experience possible when you log into Arcane Legends.

Bug Fixing and Refinements:
Beyond the server improvements mentioned above, have a new client version coming to address the Android re-patching problem. We are also looking at ways to further improve chatting to address your feedback with the most recent refinements to chat.

Free Platinum Offers:
October also saw big improvements to Free Platinum Offers, with the introduction of Fyber Offers and return of NativeX Offers. We are committed to bringing our players alternatives to earn Platinum. While availability will always vary by where in the world you play and what platform you play on, we have more quality offers now than we have ever before.

Arcane Legends on Amazon:
I also want to give a shout out to the many new players joining us from their Amazon Kindles™ and Fire Phones™! Arcane Legends recently launched on the Amazon Appstore and we put out an infographic that highlights the game's popularity. Read more here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?595-Arcane-Legends-Amazon-Launch-Infographic) and don't forget to get your Amazon promo free gifts! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?180177-Arcane-Legends-Amazon-Launch!)

So, that is what has been happening. Now, let's talk about the real goodies... what is coming next!

Planar Tombs:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=102463&d=1409755260

We have a new, end game, elite adventure coming soon, the Planar Tombs! We are planning on rolling out the Planar Tombs to the Public Test Server, that we first used to test the Planar Arena content. We are working toward having the Planar Tombs up on Public Test as early as this weekend (11/7). The Planar Tombs would go live shortly after the Public Test finishes.

One of the fun new things with the Planar Tombs is the addition of a new Mythic rarity Pendant. This Pendant is only craftable after collecting items from Elite Tindirin, the Planar Arena and the Planar Tombs. Once crafted, if you are wearing the new pendant, you have a chance, when taking damage, to have energy motes spawn around you that grant bonuses to you or your teammates if they walk over them.

Look for all the details when the Planar Tombs enters public testing.

Winter Event:
We have another awesome event taking shape for December! Remiem has a suite of sneak peeks and reveal articles planned for this month so don't want to spoil the surprise too much. I'll just leave you with a first look at the new town. This is still work in progress. I think it is missing some snow falling, for example, but it does give you an idea of what's coming.

Face Time with Spacetime:
If you haven't already, be sure to check out the recent Face Time with Spacetime video we put out. It has some great info about what we are up to at Spacetime Games!

http://youtu.be/28RK3NgdU2w

I hope you have an awesome November.

Respectfully yours,

Alex "Samhayne" Leary
Arcane Legends Producer

max420
11-06-2014, 04:15 PM
first

heisenberg
11-06-2014, 04:19 PM
what form have for play test server?

Firezmz
11-06-2014, 04:23 PM
100th

Ssneakykills
11-06-2014, 04:25 PM
The winter town looks so decent and looking forward to see how the planar tombs shape up

Zeus
11-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Is the amulet called Shady & Surge? O.o

-Ralchior

Chrisgriffin
11-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Can't wait

TheBoon
11-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Oi 7th haha,same here, can't wait

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Tapatalk

johnsr
11-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Whoop! Looks like fun times ahead!

obee
11-06-2014, 04:45 PM
This amulet dough! And I hope the test server is not only android

aarrgggggg
11-06-2014, 05:03 PM
That new amulet sounds great..... i am just hoping that it is actually attainable for anyone who puts in the work.........

If the drop rate of these ingredients are like vials or fossil in arena it will be very disapointing to me.

Please make it ATTAINABLE

Typhoid
11-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Yes, please don't make it impossible to obtain. I will put in the work only if I know I can get something out of it.

Visiting
11-06-2014, 05:13 PM

-Ralchior

Ralchior is a nab, go farm him...

Noctis._.Lucis
11-06-2014, 05:36 PM
I hope the new mythic pendant crafting style is not hard like Arcane Ring & Nekro Egg.
What I mean HARD is the needed of Vials or Arcane Shard.
Needed a lot of millions @.@

octavos
11-06-2014, 05:40 PM
All I can say people please test with medium equipment... not with arcanes/mythics that everyone doesn't have. So we can have an accurate testing....So when I test..its with the stuff thats easily available :) this includes mythic pets. I cant wait to start the farming so i can get back to AL full force.

Serancha
11-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Craggy the Hoarder. Bahahahah. Great name!

Serancha
11-06-2014, 06:02 PM
I hope the new mythic pendant crafting style is not hard like Arcane Ring & Nekro Egg.

I think you are mixing up hard and expensive. I agree expensive (real dollar expensive) is not cool.

I also agree that the odds of getting the crafting items need to be realistic (as in greater than the fossil's 0% chance of dropping, or the vials that never ever drop).

However, if the quality of this pendant is indeed what we are looking for from a new mythic pendant, I hope that it is not a quest that can be completed in only a couple of hours, like the mythic armor upgrade quest. We need some longer term goals to work for, and there is no point working for something if everyone and his deary will have it within the first week. Everyone already uses identical gear and builds, with the ridiculous exception of the arcane ring rich/not-rich gear gap. Since we are finally getting something that requires people to actually run elites, let's make them run a good amount of them to get the end prize.

TheBoon
11-06-2014, 06:07 PM
And also i forgot ask, does the google log in, on the test server still not allowed? Only those email and fb?

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Tapatalk

Snagged
11-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Did she say... A new toon?

extrapayah
11-06-2014, 06:19 PM
no news for shared pet stable? :(

drakesaber
11-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Wuhuuuu that is gotta be so fun [emoji1]

Rhaindra
11-06-2014, 07:02 PM
*cough* planar arena?? Anyone selling cheap ankh kit? ;)

Serancha
11-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Question: Will the pendant quest item from arena be a single boss drop? If it's put in chests then people who have been hoarding them have an advantage over everyone else. Kind of defeats the purpose of a shiny new quest if everyone can just auto-get the first item from hoarded chests.

joydhillon
11-06-2014, 07:59 PM
If people have hoarded chests means they have worked for it. Kinda the same thing aint it?

Paulnaj
11-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Please be aware of the massive disconnections before patching things up.

justhell
11-06-2014, 09:49 PM
When launcing test server why not give all player with standart gear (legendary rarity maybe). So you guys really got feedback about dificult for general players,and please fix patch bug soon...[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]
# Gimme Back My Haloween

SacredKnight
11-06-2014, 10:54 PM
This amulet dough! And I hope the test server is not only android

It will be for Android only I presume, they said they were going to use the same test server as they did with the Planar Arena. Said test server is only available on Android due to Apple's ToS etc.

What I hope is that the bug where Google Acs didn't transfer is fixed, because I really couldn't do anything without any useful gear.

Farminer's
11-06-2014, 11:31 PM
Yay test server for me!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Churjya
11-06-2014, 11:47 PM
make it easy.

Topchar
11-07-2014, 01:19 AM
Test Server only for Android again -_-

rougeee
11-07-2014, 02:17 AM
cant wait. ty samhayne :-)

morgy84
11-07-2014, 02:19 AM
Sounds perfect but STS plz allow google login players using there accounts at the test server. It was really annoying testing with nearly nothing. Wanna test with my normal gear to report a realistic feedback.

siuded
11-07-2014, 04:48 AM
yuhhuu another fun again ... but fix please always download patch after dc its really annoying

Armani Boi
11-07-2014, 04:49 AM
Yeah, i agree with you. Plus that time, no much issue and treated fairly the players.

I miss Delph, she never wanted to be the star, and she treated us like she was one of us.

Dchaos
11-07-2014, 05:54 AM
plz make the test server work on pc this time. n if we can use our own characters that will be great.
Halloween event was very nice looking forward to play planar tombs and winter event.

Energizeric
11-07-2014, 06:29 AM
I think you are mixing up hard and expensive. I agree expensive (real dollar expensive) is not cool.

I also agree that the odds of getting the crafting items need to be realistic (as in greater than the fossil's 0% chance of dropping, or the vials that never ever drop).

However, if the quality of this pendant is indeed what we are looking for from a new mythic pendant, I hope that it is not a quest that can be completed in only a couple of hours, like the mythic armor upgrade quest. We need some longer term goals to work for, and there is no point working for something if everyone and his deary will have it within the first week. Everyone already uses identical gear and builds, with the ridiculous exception of the arcane ring rich/not-rich gear gap. Since we are finally getting something that requires people to actually run elites, let's make them run a good amount of them to get the end prize.

Agreed. I'm hoping it's something more along the lines of dragkin teeth. Something that drops somewhat regularly, yet you need a lot of them so it's a big grind that takes lots of time.

Jani Vidic
11-07-2014, 06:44 AM
So when will start test server?

Heiress
11-07-2014, 06:59 AM
I miss Delph, she never wanted to be the star, and she treated us like she was one of us.

I enjoyed her down-to-earth, sweet nature.. she was the people's mod even if it didn't always serve her personally. Plus she was insanely fun to tease/hit on, esp when she didn't know how to react. Too adorable. I'd still switch sides and ask her out to dinner in a heartbeat :P

Oh yeah right uh tombs. Myth am. Yay. *waves lightsticks robotically*

Farminer's
11-07-2014, 08:50 AM
I enjoyed her down-to-earth, sweet nature.. she was the people's mod even if it didn't always serve her personally. Plus she was insanely fun to tease/hit on, esp when she didn't know how to react. Too adorable. I'd still switch sides and ask her out to dinner in a heartbeat :P

Oh yeah right uh tombs. Myth am. Yay. *waves lightsticks robotically*
LOL

warriorromio
11-07-2014, 09:36 AM
Make the doom ammulet an ingredient...
Like fosil...
U need to collect some stuffs and need a doom/fang/lunar as basic crafting items

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

Paok
11-07-2014, 09:36 AM
Yeah!!!Can't wait.

Firezmz
11-07-2014, 10:10 AM
Like fosil...
U need to collect some stuffs and need a doom/fang/lunar as basic crafting items

BAD. Just to confirm there is NO OLD MYTHIC required for the New Mythic

Inan'hesh
11-07-2014, 10:11 AM

-Ralchior

Its Shady amulet of Potency, because shady gives the bonus to you and allies. Surge on the other hand gives DoT to enemies. :)

Gladius
11-07-2014, 10:52 AM
yes! i knew that the planar entry was going to be put there. in the shuyal expansion i've always wondered what was goin to be there

adhyss
11-07-2014, 11:12 AM
hmmmmm....i'm so excited bout new mythic amulet,i hope quest for this amulet will be long and hard quest (but not too hard and expensive like fossil and arcane ring). and i hope to u guys didnt do too many update when planar tomb and winter event live...maybe patch bug is coz u guys do too many update during the event (just maybe :upset:)...and for test server please dont give us OP gear,coz when we back into reality we have to face too OP boss and mob...for google + user who cant play in test server why not u guys provide all login players with legendary rarity standard gear which already exist in our inventory,so there's no ppl cry in town for gear :chuncky:...

Haligali
11-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Like fosil...

No plis, no more mythic upgrade.

Raselph
11-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Like fosil...

We've already have enough from getting the oldies and makin em new ones ,

Why not new ingredients into new items...that's sounds way better....something new for very new...

Kriticality
11-07-2014, 12:12 PM
Farming elites for ingredients? Ankh kits will probably become very valuable. :-)

Farminer's
11-07-2014, 12:15 PM
Farming elites for ingredients? Ankh kits will probably become very valuable. :-)
Very

sarajp
11-07-2014, 12:57 PM
U said it will be on today but when exactly how meny minuts/hours left??

cami
11-07-2014, 01:56 PM
No plis, no more mythic upgrade.

Noooo :/

Xpolosion
11-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Can you answer seras question about the drop? Plz

Mehmet Tuncay
11-07-2014, 03:21 PM
[arcanexmen]Agreed. I'm hoping it's something more along the lines of dragkin teeth. Something that drops somewhat regularly, yet you need a lot of them so it's a big grind that takes lots of time.[arcanexmen]

Mehmet Tuncay
11-07-2014, 03:22 PM
[arcanexmenn]U said it will be on today but when exactly how meny minuts/hours left?

Mehmet Tuncay
11-07-2014, 03:29 PM
nice end thanks

fishthesage
11-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Hopefully itll b a challenge

scarysmerf
11-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Woot woot! Good thing I saved two para stones.

extrapayah
11-07-2014, 03:52 PM
any news on lifegiver, fireball range/radius animation fix?

ColdBlahd
11-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Nice.

Farminer's
11-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Test server when???

Kakashis
11-07-2014, 05:31 PM
I hope it will need dragon teeth!

Farminer's
11-07-2014, 07:05 PM
When test server its is now 5:05 pm MST america.

nuwar
11-07-2014, 09:53 PM

whahah

Brqpvp
11-09-2014, 09:38 AM
I want ask about winter event
If the winter event a live, should use the energy to play the event?
Not unlike last year's winter event? Tarlok Rift I mean???

Shackler
11-11-2014, 05:52 PM
i remember something like "new skill system"... What happened to that idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chr0nic
11-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Do u know the winter is coming?? Wht the exactly date??

Aquatika
11-13-2014, 08:09 PM
We need new lvl cap !!!!

CAK Vader
11-13-2014, 11:06 PM
We need new lvl cap !!!!

No, we don't. 1 a year is enough for me as it is...
And anyway! I think we all would appreciate SOMETHING for thanksgiving, perhaps a new mythic turkey pet for 250 plat? It would be nice to have something like this, no matter how dumb it may sound lol ;)

drakesaber
11-22-2014, 12:47 AM
*got