PDA

View Full Version : 1 player out of 4 lagging, pet still walking but player stuck

tearacan
11-06-2014, 07:48 PM
I have seen it often in maps with random people. Mostly on jarl runs at brackenridge. We all run towards jarl, while there is 1 other player experiencing lag issues. His pet moves along like there is no issue and even the player attacks kills mobs ahead of us while his/her character is stuck somewhere near the start. When it's a rogue you can see arrows flying through half of the map. It's mostly for a short time (5 to 8secs), and jump to the real position. Or warriors who jump from one bridge to another

I've asked several people who had shown this symptom whether they had lag. They answered they did have bad lag issues.

How is this possible that the pet moves on and player char not?

If it is latency, why do i (not lagging) see the pet and player attacks like the players is right next to me? I would expect that his position (pet + char) would stutter or at least show the same defect.
If it's lag, how can i see the player still attacking in front of me and does he/she + pet not freeze at the start?

Fyi, this isnt anything recent. This is NOT related to the latest arlor wide lag/dc issue which many people suffer from.
I've seen this in previous client versions and previous sever updates. Also on different platforms, wired and wireless connections.
I just recently became curious about this fenomenon.