PDA

View Full Version : If I ever see another powerleveled fool.....

Rikilamaru
02-07-2011, 12:44 AM
If I ever see another powerleveled fool in going to go homicidal on them.....
So I'm in aos3 fighting gurg for first time with a bunch of lvl 50s (I'm lvl 42) . As soon as the fight begins everything goes to hell in a hand basket
1st half of us die when qurg growled/howl the Mages refused to res/heal the died promptly afterwards.
2nd round two I figured out by using green orbs. U stay alive during gurg attack so tell my group about it. But completely ignore and get wiped out again.
3rd round three every is going WTF and I'm now enraged cause we a third time. Then finally they say they never did this dungeon despited having unlock and being lvl 50 so needless to say In my rage kicked them with reason powerlvled fools. I swear if I ever seen powerlvled or powerlvler (including reported and gang) I'll hunt them down!!!!!!!....../ end rant is so hard to find group non powerlvl that know what there are doing with them kicking you.... : /

Physiologic
02-07-2011, 12:51 AM
This is what the game is turning into more and more frequently. I am sorry you had to witness this debacle and the decline of PL civilization.

I remember my first Gurg run as well, took me one run to figure out he growls and 1hkos and you use the green orb to survive it. No wonder seems to understand that, though, even the countless lv 50s in-game.

DanielRH
02-07-2011, 12:56 AM
I completely aggree.

People should level the first of their 3 classes by hand.
After that when you know how to figh with each class and know what your doing, you can power level, but not before.

Add me - danielrh - ill play some games with u, show u the tricks of the ao3 bosses ;)

Ursanblessing
02-07-2011, 01:02 AM
i remember the first time fighting him, i think the whole AO area costed me about 300 deaths on my first char.
I will skip all this with my birdy. And just do VL/new areas with him. He is now 43, 6 deaths :(.

Rikilamaru
02-07-2011, 01:12 AM
Thx everyone, a bit offtopic I swear I get atleast 10-15 friend request everytime I'm in a Townes what am I Jesus lol : p

Junside
02-07-2011, 01:17 AM
Anyone lvl 50 with 3k or less kills most likely power leveled all the way.

Pharcyde
02-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Thx everyone, a bit offtopic I swear I get atleast 10-15 friend request everytime I'm in a Townes what am I Jesus lol : p

try being in my shoes, I can't do anything in Balefort without everyone going "OMFG ITS PHARCYDE!!!". I'm really starting to regret making that guide now..

Inching
02-07-2011, 01:30 AM

my friend list min entry is lvl 50 with 10K kills and 1K deaths..... in my opinion, you haven't played unless you have died enough times to gain experience. I did it the hard way with frogmar and the rest..... you should do it too.

Ursanblessing
02-07-2011, 01:37 AM
my friend list min entry is lvl 50 with 10K kills and 1K deaths..... in my opinion, you haven't played unless you have died enough times to gain experience. I did it the hard way with frogmar and the rest..... you should do it too.

hehe, thats a nice rule. But i only got 500+ deaths, 11k kills. But you are so right.

Junside
02-07-2011, 01:38 AM

I hope you're not directing this towards me.

Inching
02-07-2011, 01:44 AM
hahaha i have 30K kills and 4K deaths.... i figured that i learned the hard way of playing and so should other ppl... i might be a slow learner and you guys are quick so maybe thats it......

at least i can solo AO2 all maps and anyone in lvl 50 should also be able to do that if they know what they are doing.... took me a long time to get my combos and tactics down.... and im a mage for god's sake... if i can do it, that should be a bare minimum no? :) hee hee :)

Militaryman
02-07-2011, 01:45 AM
I have 4.7k kills... Never powerleveled... WHAT DOES IT MEAAAAAAAAN??????

karmakali
02-07-2011, 01:45 AM
The hunters become the hunted. Ironic ;) Just think how the devs feel when they enter.....

Pharcyde
02-07-2011, 01:54 AM
For some odd reason, people insist to place their characters right on the devs... They need to constantly adjust themselves because like 80 people want to "stand inside them"

karmakali
02-07-2011, 02:04 AM
Ohhh to touch the robes of the CREATORS avatar!!!!!
You have my sympathy Pharcyde. But you did sort of ask for it with that guide... you may need to enter the avatar protection program.... relocate and get a job at chuck e cheese or something or maybe just play under an alt.named joe with 100 kills/no deaths/level 50. Or just keep hitting ignore. Whatever works. ;)

kallima
02-07-2011, 02:20 AM
try being in my shoes, I can't do anything in Balefort without everyone going "OMFG ITS PHARCYDE!!!". I'm really starting to regret making that guide now..

Guilty as charged, though I just messaged you to thank you for all the info provided on spacetime. No random "add friend," so hopefully some brownie points for that. :)

We noobs just get a lil awestruck sometimes.

And to keep on point, I wouldn't go homicidal on them but would boot for sure. I ran my alt bird with THREE mages and despite using pots like mad, had to request heals repeatedly.

Inching
02-07-2011, 02:23 AM
For some odd reason, people insist to place their characters right on the devs... They need to constantly adjust themselves because like 80 people want to "stand inside them"

OMFG ITS PHARCYDE answering a post~!!!!!!!!!!!

Rikilamaru
02-07-2011, 03:12 AM
In a predicament then I'm lvl 43 with 1989 kills 190 deaths : /. Good I got a good party and got past gurg and galactic overlord :)

between
02-07-2011, 04:13 AM

i broke 3k kills today with like 12 deaths at lvl 29

am i doing it wrong? lolz

recklessfa
02-07-2011, 04:21 AM
I have 4.7k kills... Never powerleveled... WHAT DOES IT MEAAAAAAAAN??????

It it a bear?
I recall my furry alt was slow at leveling. You actually spend most of your time grouping mobs so your teammates can properly nuke them and trying to keep your aggro on a boss.
A lvl 50 Mage/bird with 4 k kills on the other Hand... Shouldn't be too common in theory.

Ellyidol
02-07-2011, 04:24 AM
Minimum level required would definitely fix this.

Though I think the dev's issue with this is that with the minimum level, you can't use the dungeons you paid for even in an alt.

Duke
02-07-2011, 07:26 AM

I know the feeling... every time I'm out there, heaps of adulation, friend requests, even offers of a more... personal nature.

Oh, wait, that's real life. In PL, I'm pretty well unknown.

Doubletime
02-07-2011, 08:28 AM
I know the feeling... every time I'm out there, heaps of adulation, friend requests, even offers of a more... personal nature.

Oh, wait, that's real life.

I can sympathize with this. Oh wait ... no I can't.

It is interesting looking back at kill/death ratio. All three of my characters are 50s. Bird is 18k/560, Mage 8k/580, Bear 6400/271. I forget sometimes how hard it is for a bear to die.

DawnInfinity
02-07-2011, 08:58 AM
My main character has over 23k kills, but my alts have significantly less. People may have little kills at 50, but keep in mind if they may have a main character..

Ona
02-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Yes, I think it's hard to compare death/kills ratio. Whether you farm Crush the keeper or the shadow caves will change it a lot. Also, the class is important: when I hit lvl50 with my bird, I had 10k kills ; only 5k with my bear.

Anyway, to go back to the initial subject, Gurg is often a source of problem. When I go in a pick-up group, I always fear that someone doesn't know how it works. But I also know that I still get killed very often as the Gurg growl can't be heard one time out of 5 (and the orange glow on the feet is not easy to see when everybody give their best skills on it). So, I wouldn't be upset about getting wiped out there (after all, it only takes a minute to go back there). And if you notice that nobody knows how it works, just take time to explain...and if it still doesn't work, just leave before being angry, as this is not what you are looking for when you play a game, right?

Kujen
02-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Minimum level required would definitely fix this.

Though I think the dev's issue with this is that with the minimum level, you can't use the dungeons you paid for even in an alt.

I think they should just make it where you can create any map you own, but if you are too low for it you get a fraction of the xp. If a lvl 20 got less xp in ao3 than balefort, they wouldn't want to play ao3. Lazy players want the fastest xp possible, so if they could make it where level appropriate maps are the fastest, that's where they'll go. They can still play whatever map they paid for, but it won't be very effective for leveling unless it's the recommended level range.

LADYHADASSA
02-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Lol welcome to the A03 madness, you are right lvl 50 does not equal experienced. However many lvl 50's have a second build wiser and with a better understanding, low kills does not mean lack of experience. my 50 pally has done many suicides in resign other players. As far as gurgox you need an experienced Mage to begin with that knows how to "ring" that being said when other players take those rings all will be dead and can't be rezed. I have been in countless gurgox battles with notoriously sexes who take the rings then complain they are not able to be rezed by Mage..... Grrrrrrrr!!!
Also experienced tanks they have skills to prevent some deaths, all in all...gurgox can go down in minutes with experienced team work and yes no deaths is possible.

As a pally my personal fav complaint is when a player says heal to a pally/Mage...lmao I spam heal using many mana pots, the issue players do not finish healing themselves after a Rez or threw being healed....duh...I have to admit this lights my fire and I'll stop spam heal for all of 60 sec that player goes down, as a pally I also fight I have multiple activities going on all while using manna like it's water... :)

When serious gaming is going on I am particular who I am playing game with, other times I help players level on there maps, run ao3 crush runs and take time to explain the game to others. if experienced players do not teach when power leveling first time players, and making sure the ones they level have paid their dues and times in lower maps knowing how to use skills, then they can not complain when players hit 50 not having a clue.

Fyrce
02-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Ha, Inching! You just friended my bear. Well, not just but in the last few days :P Thought I'd get started on those totems quests for a 3rd time and we had some good runs. Bear baby though has been sort of on ice and only has like 8k kills and 400 deaths. That's because he's a minimal bear: those are kills/deaths just to level pretty much. Farming is not his thing :P especially since for awhile there, he wasn't very good at killing.

I probably should have leveled bear to 50 first, not last. Birdie was so necessary for Ao3, that it seemed good at time to play him 1st. Oh well. I might try bear first for new area. See how that goes :)

My birdie and mage... well, not quite 2k deaths (I think), but I'm sure they'll hit that in new area. LOL. Yeah, original Ao3 killed them a lot (like really A LOT) but boy, was that fun. Birdie has 20k+ kills, mage has I think like 12k. Something like that. I rotate among my characters to farm and I'm not a big farmer, so I think those are pretty respectable numbers.

And yep, never powerleveled (PL'ed) any of my characters. Might have grinded out a few levels in Ao3 from 47 to 50, but that's it. I can understand PVPers PL'ing to get to their PVP level. I do not understand PL'ing in really high areas when lower level areas work as well, nor do I understand PL'ing 2nd characters when you only know one class. The other classes play differently and you actually learn new skills and game play when you level other characters even in the same class. So other than specific tasks, people miss out a lot when they PL.

I do admit trying a level 20s in say, swamps or Ao1 to see if they can contribute or kill some -- the answer is yes, but you need to know what you're doing.

If there were min level restrictions, I wouldn't mind that.

Rikilamaru
02-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Well I beat gurgs with a good group pol who got me to vl. I still have under 2k kills with 190 deaths. Well main character is nightswish lvl 43 pally if any of you guys who were in my successful group :)

iAmJBear
02-07-2011, 08:32 PM

I reached lvl 50 for the first time with under 100 deaths(really wanted under 50)... I was not power leveled... there is something u may not of heard about in the game called, "potions"!! I always know I'm going in with a good team b/c I play with those who I met throughout the levels trying to get to 50! Once you learn ur roll in the game(depending on what class u choose), and find people who do the same... you shouldn't have so many deaths. Regardless, just have fun!

sidenote: I do have 2 other alt characters I'm trying to power level with zero deaths, but that's just my OCD kicking in LOL!

Otukura
02-07-2011, 09:10 PM

Mage: 10k kills or less
Bird: 7k kills or less
Bear: 3k kills or less.. really varies here.

last350
02-07-2011, 10:30 PM
to get back on the topic this thread was started on, if you're on gurg and everyone's dying, which i've seen a million times, there's three reasons why this is happening:

1- they are all lagging
2- their sound isn't working properly (on my galaxy i can't hear creature sounds like grunts after about 2 or 3 hours of straight playing and running dungeons over n over without powering off)
3- they just suck

if the reason is number 3, and with any of my characters i can solo him, of course it's harder with my warrior who's not specked to range, but if i'm there and on my enchantress and i see that happening, i just stop reviving them and keep soloing the boss. if they decide to not respawn, well, then when he's about to die, i log out keeping myself from getting the loot but also making sure they just wasted the 20 minutes or so it took me to get him about to die hoping they'll get some free goodies, but making them REALLY angry because they tried to leach something and, well, they just wasted their time and i run to another dungeon and laugh a little bit to myself sadistically

Sigkill
02-07-2011, 10:43 PM

I K3 you XD

davidis57
02-07-2011, 11:18 PM
I was not pl'd and a few days ago was the first a group I was in got past CA. I was in VL twice since turing 50. So it was new to me. I spent literally 2 weeks at lvl 49. I used ao2 till 49 cause I was not 50 yet. Some 50's helped me get the last xp I needed. When i was 49 groups would boot me for not being 50. Its not all cut and dry as the post maker thinks it is. I understand your frustration. I have seen and experienced it all in my many years of game playing mmo's. Peace out.

davidis57
02-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Last, I use a Galaxy too and the sound does have a tendency to quit now and than. You cant play plugged in either without the phone getting hot. Btw- when your dead you get no xp or loot.

recklessfa
02-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Bah...
Just screenshot'd a 3k kills Mage at level 53...

Oh well... good for him.

Fyrce
02-08-2011, 08:14 AM
I admit to looking at people's kill numbers. However, just being powerleveled isn't necessarily the sin. Some powerleveled people actually know how to play. So while I notice it, I still play with them to see whether they do know or not.

When they are idiots, however...

Luckily, didn't really see too much of that in sewers because ***drumroll*** they left every time they died! Yay for the real players. You'd see the idiots die a few times and sometimes they'd be "WTF" and then leave then or shortly thereafter. Very cool. LOL. Especially considering the sewers are great fun.

I'm guessing some of them are in CTK hoping a few levels will save them. We shall see...

And nope, I have no problems w/ CTK people. I might ever consider that myself because sometimes the grates get a bit grating. And actually xp seems a bit low in sewers vs CTK. I'll think about it after I get bored of quests. Nope, no problems as long as people know how to play. Hopefully BS will be antidote to keeper gen.

Kattatonic
02-14-2011, 12:17 PM
I so admitt to being power-leveled. I hit 50 as a pure int Mage with less than 5k kills and only 12 deaths.( most of those spent dying laughing). I mostly leveled in the appropriate dungeons and didnt just leech. I have run vl countless times with no problem. Believe me I have gotten lashed out at before the games even start due to my pwrlvl status, but I challenge you to play a game with me, I know what I'm doing so don't be so quick to judge. Yes, I have encountered the lvl 50 idiots that dont know how to play and they annoy me just as much as they annoy you. I owe most of my knowledge to the greatest teacher ever though, luv him for it: Residentevil.

StompArtist
02-14-2011, 12:51 PM
I K3 you XD

OMG You replied to Pharcyde!!!!

Duke
02-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Mage: 10k kills or less
Bird: 7k kills or less
Bear: 3k kills or less.. really varies here.

My level 50, non-power-leveled mage barely hit 9k kills before level 50.

Zerious
02-14-2011, 02:55 PM
My level 50, non-power-leveled mage barely hit 9k kills before level 50.

mine has almost 7k and i guarantee you it's not power leveled. I just always used elixirs