PDA

View Full Version : rogue stat question

cjswogkstkdg
11-07-2014, 12:13 PM
I have a rogue that is pure dex and it seems that it uses up mana way too quick. So i was wondering, if i should raise int or str. I feel like that ill be too weak without being pure dex. Any suggestions?

Ogianep
11-07-2014, 12:48 PM
You sir need to develop a good mana potion habbit. :)

Yeah, I have the same problem. Suggestions:
- Develop a mana pet like Valkin.
- Stay close to your mages. They will hopefully restore your mana.
- Leave more time between your skill firings unless you're dying. I actually try to do this and it seems to work. The time gained by firing off 3/4 skills at once is often not worth the mana drain.

I've tried to allocate some skill points to Intelligence in the past, but I always find myself going back to pure Dex.

cjswogkstkdg
11-07-2014, 12:51 PM
You sir need to develop a good mana potion habbit. :)

Yeah, I have the same problem. Suggestions:
- Develop a mana pet like Valkin.
- Stay close to your mages. They will hopefully restore your mana.
- Leave more time between your skill firings unless you're dying. I actually try to do this and it seems to work. The time gained by firing off 3/4 skills at once is often not worth the mana drain.

I've tried to allocate some skill points to Intelligence in the past, but I always find myself going back to pure Dex.

Thank yoy for the suggestion! I would use mana potions if j was that rich. Out of my budget to be using it every 0.5 seconds :/

Iahwahska
11-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Make friends with your friendly guildhall pot dealer or give up and level a mage.
Rouges are mana pigs its just kinda how it is.

cjswogkstkdg
11-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Make friends with your friendly guildhall pot dealer or give up and level a mage.
Rouges are mana pigs its just kinda how it is.
Lool ill try that i guess thank you!

GoodSyntax
11-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Rogues are the most expensive class to maintain.

There is a price to the fast cooldowns and high damage skills....

CheifR
11-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Rogues are the most expensive class to maintain.

There is a price to the fast cooldowns and high damage skills....
And i just happen to main a rogue without being "rich" quite yet. Well middle Class you could say

FluffNStuff
11-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Like Kalizzaa said, a rogue is quite expensive to run at their full potential. When it comes to firing kills and chugging pots, you know you are doing it right wen your mana bar looks like an equalizer when your tunes are really pumping, like this:

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc341/Kaneshy/Ecualizador.gif

Iahwahska
11-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Haven't tested myself but I've heard the mana per second buff on those haunted rings works quite well if you can't afford to quench your rouges endless thirst for blue drank.

CheifR
11-07-2014, 09:46 PM
Like Kalizzaa said, a rogue is quite expensive to run at their full potential. When it comes to firing kills and chugging pots, you know you are doing it right wen your mana bar looks like an equalizer when your tunes are really pumping, like this:

Lmfao!!! Exactly like that!!!

Serancha
11-08-2014, 12:07 AM
I find daggers are much more mana-friendly than bow. Bows are big time mana suckers.

Do not ask mages for mana. Please. No mage worth running with uses heal in pve.
*glares at Ogi* Most people know that by now.....:p

CheifR
11-08-2014, 01:28 AM
I find daggers are much more mana-friendly than bow. Bows are big time mana suckers.

So mages aren't mana vendors in pvp?

Serancha
11-08-2014, 02:16 AM
So mages aren't mana vendors in pvp?

Every class should be able to play independently. Never rely on another class. Many mages don't even use heal in pvp these days. Those who do usually have it as a 5th skill to rotate in and use between fights. Mages should never be considered mana monkeys.

Nobody respects a rogue who cries for mana either, so better to be self-sufficient. Valkin is an excellent pet until you can afford to go big and get sammy.

CheifR
11-08-2014, 02:25 AM
Every class should be able to play independently. Never rely on another class. Many mages don't even use heal in pvp these days. Those who do usually have it as a 5th skill to rotate in and use between fights. Mages should never be considered mana monkeys.

Nobody respects a rogue who cries for mana either, so better to be self-sufficient. Valkin is an excellent pet until you can afford to go big and get sammy.
It was a joke you know...

Ogianep
11-09-2014, 12:58 AM

Some do, just hang close till you see how they heal themselves. If they're using a skill you may as well get the benefit too.

Dex_addict
11-09-2014, 09:31 AM

Lol love this ^^ Yes I completely agree with Serancha, all classes should be self suffucient. Nothing worse than running a map with randoms and hearing ppl "request" mana frm a mage, makes me smh every time, like hellooo see that blue pot at the bottom of your screen...try pressing it lol! Yes its great if a mage happens to have it specced but tbh it makes little difference to me,I am so used to potting and being self reliant 9/10 I have refilled my mana anyway :/

Serancha
11-09-2014, 02:48 PM
It was a joke you know...

You have no idea how many rogues I have seen screaming for mana in the last 2 years. It may have been a joke for you but many who read this actually have that mentality. It's good to pass on informatuon to silent readers as well as those who post. :)

CheifR
11-09-2014, 03:36 PM
You have no idea how many rogues I have seen screaming for mana in the last 2 years. It may have been a joke for you but many who read this actually have that mentality. It's good to pass on informatuon to silent readers as well as those who post. :)
Lol of course it's not expected of them to do so but it can be quite helpful. Not required lol