PDA

View Full Version : Colour Blindness

PLaCiD
02-07-2011, 06:22 AM
It would be cool if the items had the item type in brackets or something after the item name.

I cannot see any difference between blue/purple/pink. This makes it pretty hard to distinguish the good items from the exceedingly good ones.

If there is already another way to tell, could someone let me know :)

Cabero
02-07-2011, 06:32 AM
I'm partially color blind myself. Best way to tell the pinks from the purples is the pinks have like a neon glow to it well seems like to me, which helps it stand out. And pinks seem a lot lighter in color also purples are darker. You can atleast tell light from dark right?

You don't need to worry about blue there isn't any blue items.

Also if you look at the stats you can tell the difference too. Pinks have a lot more stats and higher stats than purples.

Wish I could help more but I'm not as color blind as you. I can tell the difference between the two.

icantgetkills
02-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Just ask someone :) add me if u need any help or trade me I'm blind in my right eye not colour just blind :/

PLaCiD
02-07-2011, 06:58 AM
I'm partially color blind myself. Best way to tell the pinks from the purples is the pinks have like a neon glow to it well seems like to me, which helps it stand out. And pinks seem a lot lighter in color also purples are darker. You can atleast tell light from dark right?

You don't need to worry about blue there isn't any blue items.

Also if you look at the stats you can tell the difference too. Pinks have a lot more stats and higher stats than purples.

Wish I could help more but I'm not as color blind as you. I can tell the difference between the two.

sometimes I can see the difference in darkness and the neon glow around them. It gets harder tell the difference though if the item isn't usable by me and the items above and below are a mix of purple/pink with 1 non-usable by me and the other usable by me.

lol @ blue ... kind of expected with colour blindness.

Just ask someone :) add me if u need any help or trade me I'm blind in my right eye not colour just blind :/

Cabero
02-07-2011, 07:04 AM
In your character's inventory pinks are stacked at top then purples below them if that helps too? In your stash they are scrambled so no help there :o

PLaCiD
02-07-2011, 07:14 AM
In your character's inventory pinks are stacked at top then purples below them if that helps too? In your stash they are scrambled so no help there :o

Cool. I haven't been playing long and hadn't noticed that :) thanks.

I can take everything out of my stash then make a note of all the pink items at the top then put everything back in the stash.

I think that every screen that displays items should have a similar drop down entry to the auction place. It allows you to filter by item quality :)

Phoenixking
02-07-2011, 07:18 AM

I can take everything out of my stash then make a note of all the pink items at the top then put everything back in the stash.

I think that every screen that displays items should have a similar drop down entry to the auction place. It allows you to filter by item quality :)

Remember that pinks have more stats

PLaCiD
02-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Remember that pinks have more stats

When you say more stats, do you mean more separate stats are effected (I was starting notice that epics have about 7 different stat gains).

How many stats are normally effected by purple items?

Cabero
02-07-2011, 07:34 AM

In the auction house you can filter it by quality. In the "Search by 'Rarity'" box.

Legendary is pink
Epic is purple

Cabero
02-07-2011, 07:37 AM
When you say more stats, do you mean more separate stats are effected (I was starting notice that epics have about 7 different stat gains).

How many stats are normally effected by purple items?

Yes pinks have +7,8,11 & 12 to dex, str or int and they have like 6-7 different kinds of stats (hit, dodge, H/S, M/S etc) on them usually purples have less.

PLaCiD
02-07-2011, 07:37 AM
In the auction house you can filter it by quality. In the "Search by 'Rarity'" box.

Legendary is pink
Epic is purple

lol you just basically repeated what I had said in what was quoted in your post lol

Cabero
02-07-2011, 07:41 AM
lol you just basically repeated what I had said in what was quoted in your post lol

I must have miss understood you. I thought you were suggesting there should be something like that in the auction house. I was just letting you know there was...

PLaCiD
02-07-2011, 07:49 AM
I was saying that the same drop down filter list should be available on the other screens that list items. I think it would be a nice addition