PDA

View Full Version : Forum limitations

recklessfa
02-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Maybe some altruist members could be awarded the privilege to tidy up the forums or enforce basic rules (ie: search)

Some interesting threads are drown or buried with casual intervention.

Some other shouldn't be replied to in length since there are already xx threads on the exact same topic.

... STS could also give us an official wiki (mediawiki plugin?) when you get a minute or two. not the right time for that I know...*But Stickies sometime need to be updated and a wiki with forum- shared logins could be great, contributed guides etc...

And... some kind of uservoice system for suggestions (with votes) for the sake of clarity.*
You devs can't read it all and some suggestion gems are sometimes to be found deep in other sections when some others are brought back countless times.

You'd then be able to put a pending / in consideration / accepted / 'get out of here' status on each of them.

Thank you.

Dizzy
02-07-2011, 11:28 AM
The problem with Search is it does a poor job at filtering out noise. Try searching for "skills" and most hits come back, "I hate lvl 50 noobs who don't know how to use their skills!" This morning I read something about mana shields and wanted to learn more, so I searched. Total nightmare, and couldn't find anything useful. Wanted to find out what the different color orbs did, so I searched "orbs". I was lucky enough to find a post that explained it, but it was buried in another post. I usually find answers, but I work in a library and enjoy researching and am tenacious -- most people wouldn't want to put as much effort in as I do. Phew!

Oh, and when you do find a helpful post, you have to make sure the advice isn't from 4 updates ago and thus obsolete. Many posts on strategy older than a couple of months are out of date and useless.

So I agree there needs to be some organization, guides need to be stickied and kept updated. People are putting in the effort to make guides, but if they aren't stickied, as you said they end up buried. I think of how helpful Yanis' stickied and up-to-date guides to pinks are, how I refer to them almost daily, and wish there were a lot more easy-to-find guides just like those.

And an official wiki would be awesome.