PDA

View Full Version : 100% effective way to deal with noob 50s

Chubbsy
02-07-2011, 08:55 AM
There are all these threads saying how the player skill in 50s has declined. Simple solution: friend people that are good players, invite them to games you create, and if people don't play well (refusing to heal, Rez, stop stomping when it's not necessary, potting for ol etc) warn them and boot if necessary. Do not be afraid to boot someone if they are being ridiculously detrimental to the party. Also, if you want to have a great run with decent players, my (chubbsy or chubbsytwo) vl (soon to be bale fort sewers... hopefully today) are usually pretty fun and efficient. You can't stop poor players, but you can easily avoid them by always hosting your own games and keeping them out.

Plazmo
02-07-2011, 09:10 AM
well players who had gaming background would have advantage learning this game very quickly. myself played Ragnarok online for 2 years then WOW for 4 years so i know this sorts of game really well. but then coz its a handheld game then u would get a lot of players who never had a background on mmorpg.

KingFu
02-07-2011, 09:20 AM
You are....?

RedRyder
02-07-2011, 09:37 AM
You are....?

Why are you always so mean to newer forum members lol

Volantin
02-07-2011, 10:06 AM
well players who had gaming background would have advantage learning this game very quickly. myself played Ragnarok online for 2 years then WOW for 4 years so i know this sorts of game really well. but then coz its a handheld game then u would get a lot of players who never had a background on mmorpg.

Same here, i played ragnarok several years, so i learned how to stay alive and not rush mindless, 30k kills with my bird and 500 death. If someone wants to add my ign is : Apido
Also im from chile so my english is not the best, but i can play almost every day every hour lol

Plazmo
02-07-2011, 10:20 AM
You are....?

Where's ur manners?

Pharcyde
02-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Where's ur manners?

Where they need to be....

Anyways this isn't 100%, like everyone on the forums does nothing but private games and were all still frustrated.

LADYHADASSA
02-07-2011, 10:25 AM
I agree on choice friends lists, I will say some VERY experienced players pot on Ol that is personal choice, some builds do not hole the armor as you know. I again have to mention that hosting games and taking time to teach or explain a few things will raise up strong new players. again as a pally for my main I too get agitated at misuse of stomp, and lack or Rez, however.. I become just as mad at seasoned players who scream heal when a player such as myself spam heals using lots of manna, but a player including experienced ones don't take the time to complete heal on themselves. In that case I personally will stop healing for 60 sec and most of the time the player goes down, mages are known to be weak, however one who can be a pally and out live the others and still heal is multiple tasking, keep in mind if I am in a room with 4 players who don't know how to heal themselves, and I have just rezed one, guess what I can't Rez again until my skill is full, all the whilemhaving people write Rez or heal.....

so no matter the experience in game one seasoned 50's can be more daunting than a low level who has yet to learn, two if you are in a serious game be choosy on who you allow in room, three take time to teach lowers so that when they get to 50 they might have a clue, skills do not clarify what their exact use is, lmao a majority of new mages do not know what heal and Rez are. New tanks have no clue about stomp, or iron blood, new dex don't knowmabout head shot or scream ... Remember knowledge is only common to those who have been taught at some point... What is common knowledge to a seasoned 50 is not common to a lower :)

Fyrce
02-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Um, I never stop healing. If I don't like the players in the group, I'll boot or I'll leave, though usually not after attempting to finish the level or finishing the game in whatever manner the host had said we were doing. I do not hold back my skills. Ever.

I do sometimes say cooldown, but I can't remember when I last did that. Maybe when Ao2 was max area?

I don't mind teaching. I don't mind giving advice. I don't mind giving information. I have met a few people who have never played an online game or an MMO or an RPG. That's fine and not a problem.

My problem is level FIFTIES or other high levels who have these issues. I have to wonder how they got to level 50 when it's obvious they have NOT played the game. I am not helping people who deliberately decided to not play the game and then wonder why they have not played the game... The answer is obvious: It's because they did not play the game. What am I supposed to do? Play the game for them? Why are they even in game?

I tell them to go to Forest Haven and learn their skills. I've never seen any of those I've said this to again, though they can be quite colorful before we part company.

So nope, no problems with newbies. I do not expect newbies in the end game, because by the end game, everyone's played many hours, many areas, and have already played the game. Right?

javiemma
02-07-2011, 03:46 PM
You are....?

how rude. shame on you!

LADYHADASSA
03-30-2011, 08:40 AM
I can understand the frustration of an upper lvl not knowing anything about how to play the game, and in general claiming they do. I work with many players however the ones who are not team players, know it all and otherwise make a map misery for others i will pm the reasons and in general boot from game.

power lvling a lvl 1 on up player without knowing their prior experience and game knowlege rests on the upper lvls. Do not power lvl a newbie simple... Run threw the maps with them take time to explain skills and how the game functions, this produces good players who u derstand team work, and weeds out those who are not serious about the game.

Kalielle
03-30-2011, 09:08 AM

Ye thanks a lot :P For the record this was my first mmorpg and I think I did just fine. I've also met many who claim to be superior because they played [insert name of random mmorpg here], and then turn out to be terrible players, or follow up with a question like "but I can't for the world defeat [insert name of easy PL boss here], can someone explain how to do it."

Sorry to rant, I'm just a bit tired of the attitude some people have against new mmorpg players. PL is it's own game and nobody cares how well you did in WOW or some other game before it, so please judge people based on how they do in PL and not some glorious past that they claim to have.

Hayabusaz
03-30-2011, 09:15 AM
how rude. shame on you!

Shame on mysticaldream ? Naaaaaaaaah come on ! :D

kopi
03-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Talking abt healing, yes i came across some seasoned players refusing to pot heath and always relying on mages. I have observed few of this cases, even when they were res, i dont see their health goes up. Its fruatrating they kept dying and slowing down the party to res them.

Acyer
03-30-2011, 10:37 AM
My problem with some players are:

*The relying on the mage to keep your health full when you round up half the map use your potions and don't flame the only mage when you die.
*waiting for players to go across grates then auto attack them.
*when my lvl 15 twink has more kills then You, love seeing 50s with 1k kills.
*when a 53 asks where did you get The mega blaster.
*last but not least the noob tank that beckons away from walls

lilbyrdie
03-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Talking abt healing, yes i came across some seasoned players refusing to pot heath and always relying on mages. I have observed few of this cases, even when they were res, i dont see their health goes up. Its fruatrating they kept dying and slowing down the party to res them.

*The relying on the mage to keep your health full when you round up half the map use your potions and don't flame the only mage when you die.

To respond to both of these:

Even some high level experienced mages don't seem to understand:

A mage can only heal once every 3 seconds. Period.

If you complain repeatedly that I'm not healing you faster, I'm not going to play with you.

And plenty of mobs can kill off players in under 3 seconds. That's why we learn (or are supposed to learn) to spam health pots.

I mostly play as a mage. I heal as fast as I can. You know why? I have to heal myself, too. And guess what? I still end up using pots if I'm in a reasonably interesting (e.g. not boring) area. If you can't survive because you need more than a heal every 3 seconds from me, I'm not going to play with you. Why? Because you're just a whiner, at that point.

Don't be a whiner. Learn to heal for yourself. If you can keep yourself alive, you'll last that much longer when a mage is healing you, too.

Yesterday I finally got to play with a _good_ tank. It was quite amazing how much easier things were with the bear using their skills properly.

When most bears approach a mob group, they stomp, scattering everything away (from mage debuffs and AoE). When doing ultra fast XP runs, they can get away with this and never actually learn. (And stomp comes long before beckon, so early level bear strategy is actually different.)

But this bear?

He walks up to them, walks through the mob group, into a corner, beckons them, takes all the attacks, and than waits for the mage to clean up - now safe from attack. Not a mob scattering stomp in sight.

It didn't hurt that this bear was Lvl 56 with a great equipment set. But they made the other bears in the group seem useless.

skavenger216
03-30-2011, 02:15 PM
As a bear, this is probably my biggest pet peeve, and the reason I usually boot other bears from my groups. nothing is more frustrating then nicely grouping mobs tightly together against a wall, only to watch another bear beckon in the middle of nowhere, scattering mobs everywhere! so annoying!

Genes
03-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Another habit that I kept seeing is people screaming for rev when they died pretty close to the spawning site. Come on! Seen it with both seasoned and new players...

Slush
03-30-2011, 09:36 PM
reply to topic:

this is a silly thread, make some friends and host private sewer games, no one wants vl loot anymore. if its a public match, and anyone can join, i see no reason to boot people who are level appropriate just because of their skill level. maybe teach them a thing or two and stop complaining. the only valid reasons to boot are if they are lower than the recomended level for the campaign, if they are afk, or being total jerks.and one more thing, you said if they arent potting at ol. if its a god damn public game, they cant be forced to spend money on an elixir. the only noob here is you.

edit: ill bet you this guy has been powerlevled

Tiliana
03-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Can't we all just get along?

All I'm saying....is give peace a chance. Where is the love? Imagine all the people...living life in peace.

One love, one heart. Let get together and feel alright.

MayhemMonkey
03-31-2011, 02:22 AM
To respond to both of these:

Even some high level experienced mages don't seem to understand:

A mage can only heal once every 3 seconds. Period.

If you complain repeatedly that I'm not healing you faster, I'm not going to play with you.

And plenty of mobs can kill off players in under 3 seconds. That's why we learn (or are supposed to learn) to spam health pots.

I mostly play as a mage. I heal as fast as I can. You know why? I have to heal myself, too. And guess what? I still end up using pots if I'm in a reasonably interesting (e.g. not boring) area. If you can't survive because you need more than a heal every 3 seconds from me, I'm not going to play with you. Why? Because you're just a whiner, at that point.

Don't be a whiner. Learn to heal for yourself. If you can keep yourself alive, you'll last that much longer when a mage is healing you, too.
You said it all.

LordEspe
03-31-2011, 07:23 AM
Bottom line, every group is different and u have to adjust! Follow these steps for success!!!

Bears- Gather don't scatter!! Haha
Mages- Heal and deal (damage)!
Birds- Attack from behind the big fluffy bear!!

Also, if u want a change in the overall community gameplay, throw on some low lvl gear and show the lower lvl or noobs how to play!

StompArtist
03-31-2011, 07:27 AM
Bottom line, every group is different and u have to adjust! Follow these steps for success!!!

Bears- Gather don't scatter!! Haha
Mages- Heal and deal (damage)!
Birds- Attack from behind the big fluffy bear!!

Also, if u want a change in the overall community gameplay, throw on some low lvl gear and show the lower lvl or noobs how to play!

Actually that is not always true. A bird running point followed by a good bear and behind whoever els is in the party works wonders. Also a pally bursting in a room and keeping aggro while the bear runs to optimal pull point is extremely effective. It truly depends on the styles of who you play with. I know that I always run in front of the bears with my archer and it works really well when the bears adjust to it.

CowboyJim
03-31-2011, 07:39 AM
I agree with Kalielle...PL is my first MMORPG or MORPG or whatever and I think I acquit myself quite well when in game....right now, my birdie kinda stinks because I been playing my pally so much I'm out of practice....but I know how to properly play the birdie, the bear and my pally and really, really love this game.....

LordEspe
03-31-2011, 10:27 AM
Great now u made me look like I don't know what I'm doing!! Haha J/K! Very true, if you have a group, no matter what the character types are, it can work great and be challenging! I just did a map with two mages and three bears!! Everyone knew what to do so it worked awesome and again was a fun challenge!!

On the mages healing tho, I don't get it when they don't heal! All mages SHOULD spam heal and watch all health bars ready with that res button!! It was in the contract when you signed up as a Mage (healer) Haha.