PDA

View Full Version : pure int or hybrid

Dogmao
02-07-2011, 10:18 AM
hi im playing at the moment an dexchantress but im not satisfied with it and before i was pure wich was much better....

i tried a pally but it wasnt mine eighther...

so the question, back to pure int (i dont die sooo easily) or an hybrid build with 95 str??

which makes more sence?

btw im playing just PvE...

i see many guys saying they have life drain on five nad the shield on 3... well i ve the oppostite... but however

please give me a clear answer between the choice of pure int and hybrid with 158 int and 95 str (or sth like this)

finally: is there a difference in skills i should have for the 2 builds? or should i respec them for 1.7??

thx guys

DOG

PS: dont complain on my grammar...

Dynastu
02-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Well, if you're just playing PvE then definitely pure int, IMO. Pure int is the best for PvE.

Dogmao
02-07-2011, 11:14 AM
k... just astupid question will the extention in 1.7 cost 10 plat or more?

so i know if i can respec or not

Dizzy
02-07-2011, 11:42 AM
I don't think they've given the price, but I believe everyone is assuming it'll be 10 plat. But if you're short and want to buy the new content when it comes out, you might want to wait. Shouldn't be long now.

Oh, and I LOVE my pure int mage. I'm no expert as I'm new to the game, but they're such a blast to play. People say they're harder to play, but I don't find that, so long as I keep an eye on my health and avoid arggo'ing one-hit-kill bosses, I'm good. Maybe someday I'll try pally, but I do so much damage with pure I've become addicted to clearing mobs. I love when I get surrounded and BAM one hot flash combo and they're all dead, it's so satisfying, hehe. Just my personal take.

Dogmao
02-07-2011, 11:51 AM
had 13 plat lft and now during shad caves i changed to pure int and well: in def i lost 2 in def and 15 in health and won in every other stat: iv 5 in shield 1 blessing, which makes up to 136 def... ill stay pure int like befor thx guys;)

DOG

Royce
02-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Wait are you saying you have rank 5 Magic Shield and rank 1 BOV? If so switch those around. You get way more armor buff per skill point for BOV. Magic Shield isn't even worth raising over 1. And yeah, pure Int all the way. Never put any Str on a mage unless you intend to wear Str gear. The benefits of Str for an elf are really small, and the main advantage is really Str armor, so if you are putting less than that in, it's just a waste, completely neutering your damage for a very small return from Str.