PDA

View Full Version : Unable to craft/re-craft grand gems

Jaded459
11-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Thats basically it. Im playing from iPad and simply cannot make grand gems or someone will not explain step by step how to do this. When i stopped playing(nearly 2 yrs ago) there were no gems. Its a cool feature but im missing out on the full effect if theres something really wrong. Please enlighten me!

Iahwahska
11-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Seems to be luck and a lot of wasted gems.
If there is a trick to it besides having a lot of plat to blow I'd Love to know.

Capolista
11-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Seems to be luck and a lot of wasted gems.
If there is a trick to it besides having a lot of plat to blow I'd Love to know.

The trick is ..

Only focus socketing gem only on 1 slot from clean equipment

DO NOT socketing all your slot, usually you only get +9 stat (on lv36-41)

and it make the equipment harder to forge

Repeat the process on 1 slot until you get grand gem

Normally, grand gem need 20 gems replacing process

But, if youre lucky sometimes you only need 3-5 gems

Iahwahska
11-08-2014, 01:59 PM
So odds are better if you remove normal gem then craft to clean slot?

Serancha
11-08-2014, 04:12 PM
No. It doesn't matter if the other slots are full or not. You just have to keep replacing gems until it happens.

It is purely random and luck based. The more you try, the better your odds. This is why so many people have multiple alts set up just for gemming now. If you get 30 gems every 12 hours, odds are you're going to see one or two grands a day. That's not to say they'll be on the item you actually want. Some are harder than others.

I had a bulwark that took me 3 months to perfect, yet a mage helm took me under a week. It's just luck. Anyone who says there is a trick to it, is basing that statement on superstition and coincidence, or they are just plain lying.