PDA

View Full Version : For future test servers

obee
11-08-2014, 09:57 PM
This new test server has had its drama and stuff, so STS should probably take measures next time to avoid this.
Make a sign up list with a limited number of people
STS should announce a sign up thread, and the first 500 to sign up will be able to test the server. This will hopefully reduce the lag. People still might complain about "unfair advantages".
Devs need to test the server for potential bugs
I wonder if they even did this, because there was so much lag. Test the server each day for 1 week for potential bugs. This will improve user expirence because I'm telling you STS, people were insanely pissed at this event.
Give everyone the same amount of gear, plat, and gold. Keep it non-tradable.
This is huge issue, because when planar arena was released, everyone was complaining about boss difficulty and stuff. Most players had full mythic and an arcane ring last test server, and others had conquistador gear. Here is my idea:

Weapon-Expedition Gun, magmatic claymore, and magamtic daggers
Armor-Mythic
Ring-Archon or mythic
Amulet-Tarlok or Lunar

This way, you actually know which things need to be fixed. Please give feedback!
Bonus: Remake the planar map. It looks like redecorated shuyal.

Raselph
11-08-2014, 09:59 PM
This new test server has had its drama and stuff, so STS should probably take measures next time to avoid this.
Make a sign up list with a limited number of people
STS should announce a sign up thread, and the first 500 to sign up will be able to test the server. This will hopefully reduce the lag. People still might complain about "unfair advantages".
Devs need to test the server for potential bugs
I wonder if they even did this, because there was so much lag. Test the server each day for 1 week for potential bugs. This will improve user expirence because I'm telling you STS, people were insanely pissed at this event.
Give everyone the same amount of gear, plat, and gold. Keep it non-tradable.
This is huge issue, because when planar arena was released, everyone was complaining about boss difficulty and stuff. Most players had full mythic and an arcane ring last test server, and others had conquistador gear. Here is my idea:

Weapon-Expedition Gun, magmatic claymore, and the daggers for rogue (I forgot the name)
Armor-Mythic
Ring-Archon or mythic
Amulet-Tarlok or Lunar

This way, you actually know which things need to be fixed. Please give feedback!
Bonus: Remake the planar map. It looks like redecorated shuyal.

magmatic daggers?

obee
11-08-2014, 09:59 PM
magmatic daggers?
Yes

Raselph
11-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Yes

devs and mods to test the server:

they indeed test the server , even a DEV named "thenameisbob" topped the lb just to test them , im not sure if they do itt regularly , not protesting, but i think they actually need to keep daily dev testers...to check the whereabouts of the game too right?

Dumbledore
11-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Omg I want that name, where does this mysterious legend bob live ??

Raselph
11-08-2014, 10:51 PM
Omg I want that name, where does this mysterious legend bob live ??

its a dev :)

Raselph
11-08-2014, 10:51 PM
devs and mods to test the server:

they indeed test the server , even a DEV named "mynameisbob" topped the lb just to test them , im not sure if they do itt regularly , not protesting, but i think they actually need to keep daily dev testers...to check the whereabouts of the game too right?

my misake its "thenameisbob"

Prahasit Prahi
11-09-2014, 05:57 AM
Only 500? What do you mean?

Do you know how many players play AL?

Caielab
11-09-2014, 06:13 AM
Only 500? What do you mean?

Do you know how many players play AL?

Yes it should be like 2k or sth but not 500

Madnex
11-09-2014, 06:17 AM
Players who own mythics/arcanes are more likely to come on the forum and provide actual feedback comparing to legendary geared ones because obviously, they care more. Replacing their hard earned top tier gear is just going to make less of those people go on the test server which defeats the overall purpose.

Not that any of this matters when you're being consistently kicked off the server every half a minute.

Raselph
11-09-2014, 06:22 AM
Players who own mythics/arcanes are more likely to come on the forum and provide actual feedback comparing to legendary geared ones because obviously, they care more. Replacing their hard earned top tier gear is just going to make less of those people go on the test server which defeats the overall purpose.

Not that any of this matters when you're being consistently kicked off the server every half a minute.

and they are not tradeable either ...the upgraded oness...+1