PDA

View Full Version : Lending System - Anti Scam

Hue
11-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Title says it all,

I'm sure by now almost everyone has experienced being scammed, or knows someone that has been scammed from small to large amounts.

With the lend system the item return is 100% guarantee, it is unable to be liquidated, gifted away and on accounts that have been banned the item is returned either way.

A Suggestion that could be developed into the game via a separate "trade screen" would be a "Lend" option. Items that can be traded from one player to another for x amounts of hours for free or X amount of gold. Once the hours are up the item is automatically returned to the owners stash where they will be able to re-collect said item.

This avoids any "Trust trades" where some players like to build up trust to lend gear then bail out on receiving it. Or the famous I've been banned and items are lost forever.

Your thoughts and support would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Raselph
11-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Title says it all,

I'm sure by now almost everyone has experienced being scammed, or knows someone that has been scammed from small to large amounts.

With the lend system the item return is 100% guarantee, it is unable to be liquidated, gifted away and on accounts that have been banned the item is returned either way.

A Suggestion that could be developed into the game via a separate "trade screen" would be a "Lend" option. Items that can be traded from one player to another for x amounts of hours. Once the hours are up the item is automatically returned to the owners stash where they will be able to re-collect said item.

This avoids any "Trust trades" where some players like to build up trust to lend gear then bail out on receiving it. Or the famous I've been banned and items are lost forever.

Your thoughts and supports would be appreciated.

Thanks.

just not to pop ur bubble but an idea like this already exists

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?183607-Idea-The-Bank-of-Arlor

Hue
11-09-2014, 12:29 AM
just not to pop ur bubble but an idea like this already exists

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?183607-Idea-The-Bank-of-Arlor

Thanks all the more reason to support!

obee
11-09-2014, 01:26 PM
I see what you are trying to do, but no one will buy items if they can just lend.

Yumisa
11-09-2014, 04:25 PM
I agree, this system allready exists in runescape, and you do not need to ''risk trust'' anyone because you know the item will comeback in your inventory 100%, also this is optional and less important, maybe you can give the option that the player has to pay x amount of gold to have your item 1 hour and Y amountof gold for 3 days. :)

Hue
11-16-2014, 06:24 AM
I see what you are trying to do, but no one will buy items if they can just lend.

Would you rather have a community with a lend system to avoid scamming or one where very few people can afford items because of inflation, the game already belongs to those with the deepest pockets.

Kaabu
11-20-2014, 09:25 PM
I think this is an excellent idea and fully support this to be implemented to stop scammers -- especially the "Shazbot trade" kind.

Also, I strongly believe that this will greatly help with "can you lend me your xxxx item just for this map?" (or whatever incarnations) kind.

xutreuqux
11-20-2014, 11:23 PM
Excellent idea :D

siddhant
11-20-2014, 11:37 PM
excellent idea and that item can be made untradeable when lended so that the other guy doesnt sell it

tearacan
11-21-2014, 06:24 AM
Would you rather have a community with a lend system to avoid scamming or one where very few people can afford items because of inflation, the game already belongs to those with the deepest pockets.

I have jet to meet the first player who asks to borrow something actually want to borrow something and not just want to own it.
i just don't lend my items to ppl, because the button says 'give'. They are called MY items for a reason :D

I agree with obee, why would you buy (expensive) anything when lending (cheap) is an option?

Lending is just a another reason not to work for your goal and go for the easiest option. It's part of the game, it's the challenge. :)
I accept my limited budget. I bet when i can try things and i start to like those things, i would want it even more! A lend system won't solve that, it probably make it worse, because you lost money on hiring it.

I see more issues/scams than without the system. How to define the period of hire? By time? What if the owner needs it, he can't use it till period ends? What if the owner reclaims it while the period isn't done yet, you wan't your money back? But how much, because you used it already.

If you think inflation (i prefer to call it greed) is an issue, perhaps you should ask for a tax-system. Let the rich people pay! :D

Hue
12-06-2014, 08:06 AM
I have jet to meet the first player who asks to borrow something actually want to borrow something and not just want to own it.
i just don't lend my items to ppl, because the button says 'give'. They are called MY items for a reason :D

I agree with obee, why would you buy (expensive) anything when lending (cheap) is an option?

Lending is just a another reason not to work for your goal and go for the easiest option. It's part of the game, it's the challenge. :)
I accept my limited budget. I bet when i can try things and i start to like those things, i would want it even more! A lend system won't solve that, it probably make it worse, because you lost money on hiring it.

I see more issues/scams than without the system. How to define the period of hire? By time? What if the owner needs it, he can't use it till period ends? What if the owner reclaims it while the period isn't done yet, you wan't your money back? But how much, because you used it already.

If you think inflation (i prefer to call it greed) is an issue, perhaps you should ask for a tax-system. Let the rich people pay! :D

In this case it would be "lending" and not 'giving' good for you if you feel the need to not want to share, but there are others out there that would like to see this system in place. The lending system has proved to work in other online games as well so no lending is not another reason to 'not work for your goal and go for the easiest option'.

How do you see more issues/scams with a lend system in place than one without? The whole reason for this system is to prevent such activities? If you actually bothered to read my OP you would of seen how it is to be potentially designed:

"With the lend system the item return is 100% guarantee, it is unable to be liquidated, gifted away and on accounts that have been banned the item is returned either way"

A Suggestion that could be developed into the game via a separate "trade screen" would be a "Lend" option. Items that can be traded from one player to another for x amounts of hours. Once the hours are up the item is automatically returned to the owners stash where they will be able to re-collect said item."

"What if the owner needs it, he can't use it till period ends? What if the owner reclaims it while the period isn't done yet, you wan't your money back? But how much, because you used it already."

The whole purpose of lending it out is its gone for that amount of specified time. So you if you have specified for "x" amount of hours then you cannot receive it until the item has been out for "X" amount of hours and returned to stash, simple.

Its not a matter of greed at all, I have it all, I would just like others to benefit from it as well, because like Spacetime Studio does free platinum offers for those who cannot get access to large amount of platinum, so to will this help those unable to get the rarest of items in game.

Kingofninjas
12-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Make it rent instead of lend.

Hue
12-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Make it rent instead of lend.

Just wow!

A Suggestion that could be developed into the game via a separate "trade screen" would be a "Lend" option. Items that can be traded from one player to another for x amounts of hours for free or X amount of gold. Once the hours are up the item is automatically returned to the owners stash where they will be able to re-collect said item.

Rent: "pay someone for the use of (something, typically property, land, or a car)."
Lend: "grant to (someone) the use of (something) on the understanding that it will be returned."