PDA

View Full Version : Why do birds complain about strength sets?

Bazinga!
11-09-2014, 01:57 AM
I dont think there is any unbalance in PvP. In fact, the only class I've felt uncomfortable playing are STR Bear and Pally Mage (to some extent). Above level 50, birds have a fair chance of winning. Its all about knowing what ur opponent is going to do, and quick reactions. This is my opinion, I haven't reached level 75/76/77 yet so correct me if I'm wrong.

Gear:
Always wear bow set not talon.

Stats:
Full dex

For example:
1. Bear
First thing bear is gonna do is beckon / HS
1. Bird
First thing bird is gonna do is Repulse, to make the bear miss, in addition to causing 100 to 150 damage.
2. Bear
Now that the bear has missed its beckon, its gonna stomp and start its slashes. Stomp is going to stun the bird and in the mean time, the bear can use its slashes.
2. Bird
Bird knows its going to stomp, it uses Blinding shot / Thorn wall followed by Break armour (always keep a distance). Totally if none are dodged, It will cause about 250 - 300 damage. Bird will let bear stomp, take some damage, and use avian (4 or 5 avian, have to get it confirmed) to get free of bears stun. By now the bear has taken significant damage and has not regenerated enough during the time the bird was stunned because bird used avian. Also a full dex bird has so much hit that it can overcome dodge of bear. It will doge one or two skills at max, if you are not debuffed.
3. Bear
Bear has low health and will start using slashes. By this time beckon would have restored and bear would try combo again
3. Bird
Bird roots the bear, constantly moving back, uses bird combo. Bear is almost dead by now. Avian would have restored by now.
4. Bear
Bear tries to pull bird, or stomps to get out of root. Lets say the bird does not dodge.
4. Bird
If bear stomps, bird uses thorn wall, blinding, break, combo, BEAR DEAD. If bear successfully pulls bird, bird uses avian, repulse, break, bird combo, BEAR DEAD.

largecommand
11-09-2014, 02:08 AM
It isn't that simple..repluse could miss. Blind could miss(R.I.P). Roots dont hit.

Or bear dodges a ton and we dont.

Sometimes we dont hit anything and bear beckon stomps. Or even now a bear can just beckon slash. Not to mention a auto that hits more than 300..

Ssneakykills
11-09-2014, 03:35 AM
Not always the best idea to to repulse first I use blind first and repulse if the bear is in slash range :)

Waug
11-09-2014, 05:52 AM
Why this this thread don't even have 1% credibility?

Because -
1> It has been said by someone who think there is no unbalanced level at the same time he didn't even played the most popular PvP level.

2> Bear is not the only class wearing strength set. a fox can reck u within fraction of second, rhino is fattier than bear and a pally need 2hit to chew ur 95% HP, all with strength set.

3> An int mage do more complain against str specially bear ...(actually should)

4> Dodging 8-9 hits among 10, is itself way far from so called balanced pvp.

Itoopeo
11-09-2014, 06:05 AM
At level 50 there are shotgun bears. No need to use skills, just use the shotgun it does 200dmg each hit from 14m. All those bears need to do is invest in all defence buffs, rest to beckon stomp and debuffs. Same goes for 51 bears.

At level 77 there ar enough skillpoints to get all buffs, all debuffs and slashes too.
A bear with 2H sword and 9 beckon stomp can kill anything in a second.

Bazinga!
11-09-2014, 09:22 AM
Why this this thread don't even have 1% credibility?

Because -
1> It has been said by someone who think there is no unbalanced level at the same time he didn't even played the most popular PvP level.

2> Bear is not the only class wearing strength set. a fox can reck u within fraction of second, rhino is fattier than bear and a pally need 2hit to chew ur 95% HP, all with strength set.

3> An int mage do more complain against str specially bear ...(actually should)

4> Dodging 8-9 hits among 10, is itself way far from so called balanced pvp.

Lol thank you for that information, but ur perceiving it as a guide, whereas I am asking a question and that is my understanding of bird vs bear atm. I do have to disagree with you on your third point because Int mages can beat str bears, whereas for birds it is relatively difficult.

Impact
11-09-2014, 09:29 AM
At level 50 there are shotgun bears. No need to use skills, just use the shotgun it does 200dmg each hit from 14m. All those bears need to do is invest in all defence buffs, rest to beckon stomp and debuffs. Same goes for 51 bears.

At level 77 there ar enough skillpoints to get all buffs, all debuffs and slashes too.

Finally, some one who understands whats wromg

Burstnuke
11-09-2014, 11:52 AM
I dont think there is any unbalance in PvP. In fact, the only class I've felt uncomfortable playing are STR Bear and Pally Mage (to some extent). Above level 50, birds have a fair chance of winning. Its all about knowing what ur opponent is going to do, and quick reactions. This is my opinion, I haven't reached level 75/76/77 yet so correct me if I'm wrong.

Gear:
Always wear bow set not talon.

Stats:
Full dex

For example:
1. Bear
First thing bear is gonna do is beckon / HS
1. Bird
First thing bird is gonna do is Repulse, to make the bear miss, in addition to causing 100 to 150 damage.
2. Bear
Now that the bear has missed its beckon, its gonna stomp and start its slashes. Stomp is going to stun the bird and in the mean time, the bear can use its slashes.
2. Bird
Bird knows its going to stomp, it uses Blinding shot / Thorn wall followed by Break armour (always keep a distance). Totally if none are dodged, It will cause about 250 - 300 damage. Bird will let bear stomp, take some damage, and use avian (4 or 5 avian, have to get it confirmed) to get free of bears stun. By now the bear has taken significant damage and has not regenerated enough during the time the bird was stunned because bird used avian. Also a full dex bird has so much hit that it can overcome dodge of bear. It will doge one or two skills at max, if you are not debuffed.
3. Bear
Bear has low health and will start using slashes. By this time beckon would have restored and bear would try combo again
3. Bird
Bird roots the bear, constantly moving back, uses bird combo. Bear is almost dead by now. Avian would have restored by now.
4. Bear
Bear tries to pull bird, or stomps to get out of root. Lets say the bird does not dodge.
4. Bird
If bear stomps, bird uses thorn wall, blinding, break, combo, BEAR DEAD. If bear successfully pulls bird, bird uses avian, repulse, break, bird combo, BEAR DEAD.

Definately not that simple imo, bird is weak every lvl above 56 except 71 and 76. The reason i said 56 is because 51 birds can do sum work.

Burstnuke
11-09-2014, 11:58 AM

Numerous things wrong with this:

A bear with 2h and 9 beckon stomp will not kill anything in a second because your missing to many luck factors. Dodge can easily make beckon stomp not work, 9 beckon is the worst build as it only adds about 30 damage lol.

Shotgun does not do 200 Damage lmao, its used for kiting, not the damage output. Thats why most 50 bears use hate hax set. And obviously your going to put skills into buffs, just like any other class duh.

Some levels do require skills for bear. 50, 55, 61, thats pretty much it. All the others are a plain beckon stomp like 51. 51 bear with STR takes skill, not the bow version though.

FFA
11-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Str is overpowered as we all know, the reason people complain for the most part is the dodge. The dodge plays a big roll, if a bird or mage nukes/combos and the Str player dodges 2 maybe 3 skills you're dead because with Str your still for some reason hitting 200-400 crits. If they lowered the damage and reduced the dodge slightly there wouldn't be to much complaining. Or an alternative fix would be make the game class specific.

Sheugokin
11-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Definately not that simple imo, bird is weak every lvl above 56 except 71 and 76. The reason i said 56 is because 51 birds can do sum work.

I love some people on the forums, and you're one of them. <3

Etarbitrev
11-09-2014, 09:13 PM
It was actually painful to click on this thread.

Two words for anyone that thinks they can beat bear 75% of the time. WITHOUT 3PC RING.

Teach Me.

Etarbitrev
11-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Str bear* might I add.

Waug
11-09-2014, 11:49 PM
Lol thank you for that information, but ur perceiving it as a guide, whereas I am asking a question and that is my understanding of bird vs bear atm. I do have to disagree with you on your third point because Int mages can beat str bears, whereas for birds it is relatively difficult.

nope birds skills r more capable taking down a bear than a mage,
however u think it - high dodge debuffs, hit% debuff, beak armor, all the things that r main strength of bear

but ofc ...

Booked
11-10-2014, 12:25 AM
50-56 is a bit balanced for a bird, above or under it is really unbalanced for them, at endgame a 3pc bird pure dex can die easily vs a no ring bear/pally with savage, now with lustrous is almost the same but sts added auto debuffs to dex set (bow takes off armor with every auto and dagger does some kind of nightmare (mage skill)) but yet that doesnt fix the op dodge and armor that str set has.

Bazinga!
11-10-2014, 09:56 AM
Thanks guys

Booked
11-10-2014, 12:36 PM
L18 Birds are pretty good
Lol i don't know, i just did 15 and skipped to 35+ :p

CAK Vader
11-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Lol i don't know, i just did 15 and skipped to 35+ :p

Bird twinks is for nabs ;/ (19-) ofc .-.

Armourslash
11-10-2014, 03:01 PM
L18 Birds are pretty good

They suck now, no fb + skill nerf= easy kills for other characters.

Itoopeo
11-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Numerous things wrong with this:

A bear with 2h and 9 beckon stomp will not kill anything in a second because your missing to many luck factors. Dodge can easily make beckon stomp not work, 9 beckon is the worst build as it only adds about 30 damage lol.

Shotgun does not do 200 Damage lmao, its used for kiting, not the damage output. Thats why most 50 bears use hate hax set. And obviously your going to put skills into buffs, just like any other class duh.

Some levels do require skills for bear. 50, 55, 61, thats pretty much it. All the others are a plain beckon stomp like 51. 51 bear with STR takes skill, not the bow version though.

Try using 2H sword against a mage in endgame. Stomp her to wall with 9 combo and she already lost 800 mana/hp and she cant hit you (dodge all) Throw out slashes and crit all with total of 2500 damage if the mage is not dead, she is a hacker.
Scythe bear does almost same insane damage but is also unkillable and no need to rely on dodges like a bird.

iRandom
11-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Finally, some one who understands whats wromg

You spelled wrong wrong. Nothing is wrong with 2H Sword Bear vs Bow Burd. I mean can we plz be serious. The burd should win...

iRandom
11-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Try using 2H sword against a mage in endgame. Stomp her to wall with 9 combo and she already lost 800 mana/hp and she cant hit you (dodge all) Throw out slashes and crit all with total of 2500 damage if the mage is not dead, she is a hacker.
Scythe bear does almost same insane damage but is also unkillable and no need to rely on dodges like a bird.

Send me a vid of that happening

Impact
11-10-2014, 09:06 PM
You spelled wrong wrong. Nothing is wrong with 2H Sword Bear vs Bow Burd. I mean can plz be serious. The burd should win...

Im talking more bout the 200 dmg auto

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Itoopeo
11-11-2014, 03:50 AM
Im talking more bout the 200 dmg auto

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I dont have 77 bear but They buff up to something like 580 damage so just imagine that damage

Booked
11-11-2014, 12:23 PM
I dont have 77 bear but They buff up to something like 580 damage so just imagine that damage
418-423 dmg buffed, 528 dps and i have 3pc

Itoopeo
11-11-2014, 12:36 PM
418-423 dmg buffed, 528 dps and i have 3pc

2H sword alone gives 430-440

Booked
11-11-2014, 12:39 PM
2H sword alone gives 430-440
Maybe more, but the lack of armor and dodge makes it die with almost 3-4 hits, unless you are really fast to kill your opponent.

Itoopeo
11-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Maybe more, but the lack of armor and dodge makes it die with almost 3-4 hits, unless you are really fast to kill your opponent.

Yes but opponent dies from 2 hits. Plus 2H set still has some good dodge like 34 base or more. And armor is like 250.

If you are familiar with birds squishiness you could do well with 2H bear

iRandom
11-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Yes but opponent dies from 2 hits. Plus 2H set still has some good dodge like 34 base or more. And armor is like 250.

If you are familiar with birds squishiness you could do well with 2H bear

Scenario : Elite Swift Bow Bird vs. Elite Savage (2H)Sword Bear (L76)

Bird uses repulse. Bear misses beckon. Bird hits blind. Bear misses hs. Bird hits break. Bear runs. Bird uses roots. Bear misses beckon. Bird uses shatter. Bear misses stomp. Bird uses blast(activates "Cruel Blast" combo). Bird kills bear with full health.

That's the real scenario.

Itoopeo
11-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Scenario : Elite Swift Bow Bird vs. Elite Savage (2H)Sword Bear (L76)

Bird uses repulse. Bear misses beckon. Bird hits blind. Bear misses hs. Bird hits break. Bear runs. Bird uses roots. Bear misses beckon. Bird uses shatter. Bear misses stomp. Bird uses blast(activates "Cruel Blast" combo). Bird kills bear with full health.

That's the real scenario.

Or, more likely with same scenario:

Bear dodges repulse and blind, hits beckon with 320 crit damage. Bear gets hit by root and autoattack kills bird with 398critical damage.

anahadaz
11-11-2014, 04:30 PM
I would love to know what was going through the devs' heads every time they statted the str gear for the new caps, like did they not realise the damage they were applying was too much? It's just ridiculous that beckon stomp can insta a bird and mage.

iRandom
11-11-2014, 04:31 PM

Bear dodges repulse and blind, hits beckon with 320 crit damage. Bear gets hit by root and autoattack kills bird with 398critical damage.

That...... has never happened to me, especially vs a 2h bear

anahadaz
11-11-2014, 04:36 PM
That...... has never happened to me, especially vs a 2h bear

Then you sir, are a haxor. If you play ten rounds vs a bear, he will most likely hit beckon, and dodge blind (and anything else you can throw at him) 8/10 rounds, while at the same time landing damage he simply should not be able to, it should be a tank class with small damage, and now look.

Booked
11-11-2014, 07:00 PM
I don't know why think that bear is like a god or something like it can't be beated, you just have to know your range, have a decent build and gear and then you can kill them with or without ring, i talk like it as a bird, bear and currently training for a mage.

iRandom
11-11-2014, 11:36 PM
Then you sir, are a haxor. If you play ten rounds vs a bear, he will most likely hit beckon, and dodge blind (and anything else you can throw at him) 8/10 rounds, while at the same time landing damage he simply should not be able to, it should be a tank class with small damage, and now look.

i'm not saying that bears don't unload a ton of damage for a tank class. but i am saying that 2H Bears are easy to beat... just kite them!

iRandom
11-11-2014, 11:36 PM
currently training for a mage.
btw at endgame dex/int mages are pretty gud...

Booked
11-12-2014, 12:01 AM
btw at endgame dex/int mages are pretty gud...
I'm doing pure int mage :3 atm is 76 but still training with fiery

Trenton
11-12-2014, 12:16 AM

Crit beckon doesn't do 60% of a birds health, and sure as hell doesn't auto 380 dmg. Stop pulling numbers out your ***

Bazinga!
11-12-2014, 07:23 AM
So what I understood from all this is that if strength set dodge is less then PvP will be balanced

Itoopeo
11-12-2014, 07:59 AM
Crit beckon doesn't do 60% of a birds health, and sure as hell doesn't auto 380 dmg. Stop pulling numbers out your ***

I tried pure dex bird for 1hour two days ago. Got killed so many times by beckon auto of dex bear.
Now there are these new dagger bears and those daggers do 220crits at 0.4 speed. Another "Tank class" problem. Buff makes daggers damage insane

Booked
11-12-2014, 08:02 AM
I tried pure dex bird for 1hour two days ago. Got killed so many times by beckon auto of dex bear.
Now there are these new dagger bears and those daggers do 220crits at 0.4 speed. Another "Tank class" problem. Buff makes daggers damage insane
I saw you never tried 75, of course if you are 71 or lower you will die from beckon stomp of a pure dex bear.

Itoopeo
11-12-2014, 11:38 AM
I saw you never tried 75, of course if you are 71 or lower you will die from beckon stomp of a pure dex bear.

Show me a bird who can survive beckon stomp with pure dex and bow

I have 280 armor, 40 hp regen and 650 health and I barely survive it.

Booked
11-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Show me a bird who can survive beckon stomp with pure dex and bow

I have 280 armor, 40 hp regen and 650 health and I barely survive it.
I have and i can also name a few, have thought maybe isnt the set, build and stats?

Itoopeo
11-12-2014, 03:34 PM
I have and i can also name a few, have thought maybe isnt the set, build and stats?

Ya its luck, sometimes some birds just dodge everything. But in this case now we are talking about buffed critical beckon stomp. (5 beckon 9stomp is common)

There are no such birds that reach 280+ armor and 650+ health with bow set.

CrimsonTider
11-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Ya its luck, sometimes some birds just dodge everything. But in this case now we are talking about buffed critical beckon stomp. (5 beckon 9stomp is common)

There are no such birds that reach 280+ armor and 650+ health with bow set.

The whole game is based on "luck." PL revolves around a world of percentages and statistics.

Also, playing a class a particular way for "1 hour and 20 minutes) is not even close to being a sufficient amount of time to learn how to play a class, nor adjust to other classes and player tendencies. You are at the point you expect the game to come to you easily without putting any effort into it. But, I shouodn't have to tell the "best" this, correct?

Itoopeo
11-13-2014, 04:08 AM
The whole game is based on "luck." PL revolves around a world of percentages and statistics.

Also, playing a class a particular way for "1 hour and 20 minutes) is not even close to being a sufficient amount of time to learn how to play a class, nor adjust to other classes and player tendencies. You are at the point you expect the game to come to you easily without putting any effort into it. But, I shouodn't have to tell the "best" this, correct?

First 3/4 year of my time in 71 pvp, I played Molten-fbow bird and pure flying set bird. Then I moved to Crusher set. After that I was dex again and then I quit. After coming back I played my hybrid set for some time and now Raging set warbird. I have the experience I know what im doing.

Btw I was in army recruitment today. Im aiming to PASI armored vehicle. Or Patria AMV if im lucky