PDA

View Full Version : Dragkin teeth

Greend
11-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Hey sts, it's better to change dragonite bar price to 300-400dragon teeths, but the drops will be 100% in normal map.
It's so hard to farm dragkin teeth with ur way now.

obee
11-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Yea it's really repetitive and boring to farm teeth.

scychogost
11-09-2014, 02:28 PM
i agree, this must a have a fix ! it is very boring and frustrating to farm theeth, even with this high price i dont get excited to farm it

Visiting
11-09-2014, 02:54 PM
If you can't farm something hard but valuable, go farm something easy but worth less (like crates). If they make the teeth easy to farm, they'll have no value -.-

Anarchial
11-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Yes, if its easy to farm then whats the point of mythic item for quest!! It was supposed to be this way..grind grind and more grind for that mythic

Titanium
11-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Just no !

So many asked for a mythic item that can be farmed without spending a single plat. Now what's the problem?

And that's why so many people are "poor" in game. Because they don't want to spend time playing it . They want everything to be handed on a silver platter because somehow they deserve to be "rich".

You can be "rich" in game playing it not whining on the forum cause you don't have golds for an arcane egg and all nub rogues are killing you with a single shot in PvP.

I want the mythic pendant quest to be freaking hard . I have 101 teeth. And I'm not paying for a free item like dragonite bar.

" ew sts sucks... they didn't give us free arcanes "

TheBoon
11-09-2014, 03:16 PM
If you can't farm something hard but valuable, go farm something easy but worth less (like crates). If they make the teeth easy to farm, they'll have no value -.-

yeah

obee
11-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Hey at least it's only 150 teeth

mmaachilles211
11-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Just no !

So many asked for a mythic item that can be farmed without spending a single plat. Now what's the problem?

And that's why so many people are "poor" in game. Because they don't want to spend time playing it . They want everything to be handed on a silver platter because somehow they deserve to be "rich".

You can be "rich" in game playing it not whining on the forum cause you don't have golds for an arcane egg and all nub rogues are killing you with a single shot in PvP.

I want the mythic pendant quest to be freaking hard . I have 101 teeth. And I'm not paying for a free item like dragonite bar.

This makes me happy :)

Ebezaanec
11-09-2014, 05:20 PM
I don't have a problem with farming. What I have a problem with is running hours for 1 tooth since it's based on luck.

1. Raise the price tag for the items and give the teeth a 100% drop rate. Anyone remember the Elite Blacksmoke quest? It needed 1000 pieces or so, but the drops were abundant. At least you were guaranteed progress, no matter how minuscule it was.

2. Fix the DC issues, so we can safely play Elite.

CheifR
11-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Just no !

You have to admit it is quite ridiculous the grind for it; they're only whining because although its farmable farming that many teeth isn't that simple for people that can't atm access the top gear or aren't as used to repetitively running these maps.

I'm one of those people and I'm not asking it to be handed to us but at very least give us less experienced players more hope also taking into consideration it might take us 2-3x as long per map without even guaranteeing a drop.

Ravager
11-09-2014, 08:22 PM
I think we only want it to be easier since there is a high demand for it right now and most of us don't have many teeth.

If it were 100% chance, it'd be just like hauntlet. Look at the prices of hauntlet pets right now.

Titanium
11-09-2014, 08:41 PM
You have to admit it is quite ridiculous the grind for it; they're only whining because although its farmable farming that many teeth isn't that simple for people that can't atm access the top gear or aren't as used to repetitively running these maps.

I'm one of those people and I'm not asking it to be handed to us but at very least give us less experienced players more hope also taking into consideration it might take us 2-3x as long per map without even guaranteeing a drop.

I have to farm 47 teeth more. And I'm one of the people who asks to don't change the drop rate. It's nothing wrong with it. It works fine. If they change the drop rate i could ask to multiply my current dragkin amount of teeth with the chances. Because i overfarmed the map insanely when it was released. I'm not a PVer. It's not fun... But makes me happy running for something like the new mythic pendant. What's the purpose of this anymore ?

People should make up their minds. Farm or find it in locks.

A highly demand item means work... Who doesn't want to work should pay.

CheifR
11-09-2014, 11:22 PM
I have to farm 47 teeth more. And I'm one of the people who asks to don't change the drop rate. It's nothing wrong with it. It works fine. If they change the drop rate i could ask to multiply my current dragkin amount of teeth with the chances. Because i overfarmed the map insanely when it was released. I'm not a PVer. It's not fun... But makes me happy running for something like the new mythic pendant. What's the purpose of this anymore ?

People should make up their minds. Farm or find it in locks.

A highly demand item means work... Who doesn't want to work should pay.
I don't think you're seeing my point here. A majority of the players in AL are in a situation to where they don't know the people nor have the gear to farm these as good. I'm taking into consideration the noticeable difference that you must not know of between the rich and the poor. The experienced and the inexperienced
And why would they add teeth because you farmed a bunch before the actual update?

Titanium
11-10-2014, 06:57 AM
I don't think you're seeing my point here. A majority of the players in AL are in a situation to where they don't know the people nor have the gear to farm these as good. I'm taking into consideration the noticeable difference that you must not know of between the rich and the poor. The experienced and the inexperienced
And why would they add teeth because you farmed a bunch before the actual update?

Explain me, what's the reason for changing the drop rate? Because I can't tell the drop rate wasn't changed before. It's same drop rate that was months ago when Tindirin was released.

If you are going in CTF some players shouldn't kill you because you are unfleshed?

Learning the hard way makes you pro

(bolded text) That was sarcasm

obee
11-10-2014, 06:58 AM
They should raise the drop rate for elite. Takes more time in elite, but you get the teeth. Anyway, the quest should be hard. You don't want people running around with mythic amulets

Sorcerie
11-10-2014, 11:37 AM
This is what happens when you run normal maps for teeth.

Go to elite where the teeth drop is higher and you won't have this issue, or at least you'll have an easier time of it.

There is nothing wrong with the current drop rate, you just have to actually work for it.

CheifR
11-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Explain me, what's the reason for changing the drop rate? Because I can't tell the drop rate wasn't changed before. It's same drop rate that was months ago when Tindirin was released.

If you are going in CTF some players shouldn't kill you because you are unfleshed?

Learning the hard way makes you pro

(bolded text) That was sarcasm
Lol there's not much to "learn" it's just the extra time and effort without progression that frustrates people. Don't get me wrong this game is amazing but the pve mechanics aren't exactly rocket science

But i guess this leaves me two options: Either way my options are poor my life savings into the game or grind through hours of frustration and deaths to enjoy the finer things in the game.
Guess it is what it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zuorsyra
11-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Actually I think bosses used to drop teeth more often a few months ago like 1 tooth every 2/3 runs..

Zuorsyra
11-10-2014, 11:50 AM
This is what happens when you run normal maps for teeth.

Go to elite where the teeth drop is higher and you won't have this issue, or at least you'll have an easier time of it.

There is nothing wrong with the current drop rate, you just have to actually work for it.
I don't think elite tindirin is a place for legendary gear players, and it's not worth the time for ir takes like 20 min or longer to run elite wilds.

CheifR
11-10-2014, 11:52 AM
i don't think elite tindirin is a place for legendary gear players, and it's not worth the time for ir takes like 20 min or longer to run elite wilds.
finally someone f-in gets it.

Dogoeswoof
11-10-2014, 11:52 AM
I ran with legendary equipment in elite tindirin to get the drops and gold for a mythic set, you just need to run with some op friends, it certainly can be fit for players with legendary gear

Sorcerie
11-10-2014, 11:57 AM
I don't think elite tindirin is a place for legendary gear players, and it's not worth the time for ir takes like 20 min or longer to run elite wilds.If you know how to run elite wilds it should take no more than 10 mins a run, maybe 15 tops. Also, if you're wearing legendary druid gear or magma gear it should be enough to get you through a few runs with no problem, As long as you have a competent team you'll be fine.

Hellcookie
11-10-2014, 11:58 AM
If teeths will be easier to farm, the rewards will be cheaper too, so its no different..

Appeltjes
11-10-2014, 11:58 AM
My mage ran it on full legendary gear and legendary pets and it sure wasn't 20 mins and I even ran with a pug.

CheifR
11-10-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm sorry but I don't even slightly believe some of you. Some may be either lying or were in a full party of well geared friends atm. Sorry if I sound rude but pls do show me a video and I'll surely believe any of this than [emoji1]

CheifR
11-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Also can anyone tell me if there's any faults to my setup (honestly looking for advice)
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/10/02527cc1c9cbfee87f499ef27415482a.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/10/f13382a3329139bda4539fa2090cc58a.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/10/36800d0e21c376dfab029e4edcddd6e1.jpg
Besides the point I'm still rocking the +25 power ring of brut

Appeltjes
11-10-2014, 12:35 PM
I'm sorry but I don't even slightly believe some of you. Some may be either lying or were in a full party of well geared friends atm. Sorry if I sound rude but pls do show me a video and I'll surely believe any of this than [emoji1]

Lol elite tindirin is easy to complete with legendary gear as long as your party is skilled (and you are so yourself) your fine.

Dogoeswoof
11-10-2014, 12:40 PM
I would use 5/5 aimed, 5/5 nox, 3/5 pierce, 4/5 veil and rest into bonus stat dex, int, str, armor, and leftover wherever except movesp and damage. Remember you need to run with at least one tank and preferably one mage. The rest is all positioning and skill to not die and defeat mobs/bosses which comes with practice. Grimm is a good pet continue to use that

I would also find an expedition bow of potency, you want to deal damage without dying and daggers force you to be close to mobs

CheifR
11-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Lol elite tindirin is easy to complete with legendary gear as long as your party is skilled (and you are so yourself) your fine.
Doesn't take skill to not be one shot. You see I don't have TOO many deaths (most from para -.-*) so ik what I'm doing I just get frustrated and it's rare that I can find a really good party

Dogoeswoof
11-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Find an elite map farming guild thats what I did, and it isnt easy, even the best have to take their time

CheifR
11-10-2014, 12:45 PM
I would use 5/5 aimed, 5/5 nox, 3/5 pierce, 4/5 veil and rest into bonus stat dex, int, str, armor, and leftover wherever except movesp and damage. Remember you need to run with at least one tank and preferably one mage. The rest is all positioning and skill to not die and defeat mobs/bosses which comes with practice. Grimm is a good pet continue to use that

I would also find an expedition bow of potency, you want to deal damage without dying and daggers force you to be close to mobs
Traps are pretty good if you use them right. The bleed dmg is epic[emoji106] [emoji2] I have a couple good friends in my current guild I'd like to stay in a guild with.
But changes may have to be made

Rhaindra
11-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Also can anyone tell me if there's any faults to my setup (honestly looking for advice)
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/10/02527cc1c9cbfee87f499ef27415482a.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/10/f13382a3329139bda4539fa2090cc58a.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/10/36800d0e21c376dfab029e4edcddd6e1.jpg
Besides the point I'm still rocking the +25 power ring of brut
Its nice stats for lvl40. Only 5/5 pierce was wasting point IMO. U need noixos bolt too bro. Just visit rogue thread and also Madnex for bug thread bcs many bug/glitch in rogue skill. :)

CheifR
11-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Its nice stats for lvl40. Only 5/5 pierce was wasting point IMO. U need noixos bolt too bro. Just visit rogue thread and also Madnex for bug thread bcs many bug/glitch in rogue skill. :)
Bugs with rogue skills? That's kinda frustrating...

Rhaindra
11-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Bugs with rogue skills? That's kinda frustrating...
Haha.. yes. So many. Take a look. Dont waste your point to spend in bug skill. Good luck :)

Ssneakykills
11-10-2014, 03:57 PM

http://i.imgur.com/uLj0u.gif

Zuorsyra
11-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Elite tindirin is not that easy period!
Ofc you can run that place in 15 min or less if you're in op parties but anyway, that's still a huge waste of potions...
You should try understand noobs mentality. Spending a large amount of money on potions is a don't for newbies, I don't think they're willing to spend 30k on potions. And there are other things, for example I'm a noob, and I feel quite uncomfortable when running in a pro party, I feel like this is gonna be my last run with them, they're gonna kick me out, they're gonna call a stronger player to replace me..
This might sound silly but these are all factors that might discourage players.
Btw I ran elite wilds in a legendary pt a decent one, 2 wars 1 mage and 1 rogue, and couldn't proceed, kept dying I still remember that cuz I never died so many times in a dungeon run.
I dunno who said elite tindirin is easy to complete with legendary gear as long as the pt is skilled, but that's not true.

GoodSyntax
11-10-2014, 06:30 PM
In general the drop rate is awful, and has been awful for a while now!

I just spent the past three hours aggressively farming Elite Jagged Trail with a really good party. Mostly 5-7 minute runs, using combo or reroll the entire time. Out of 18-20 runs, I got 4 teeth, 0 pinks, 1 Elite Silver Dragonchest. I saw one lv40 Totem of Brutality and two EGD's throughout the entire run for everyone in the party...let me repeat that....ONE LEGENDARY DROP! At this rate, that implies less than a 1.5% chance for a legendary item (not even a lv41). No locked crates, no archons, lol@vials.

Given how much was spent, in pots, revives and elixirs, this turned out to be a complete waste of my time and money. Drops have been exceptionally bad! So, today, I spent the better part of my afternoon rerolling for greens and junk epics! If I were at least getting teeth every other run, perhaps I could say that the runs could be worth it...evetually. But, with these rates, the only value I see is simply having fun with my friends, because otherwise, every time I step into an elite, I'm losing money.

GoodSyntax
11-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Ofc you can run that place in 15 min or less if you're in op parties but anyway, that's still a huge waste of potions...
You should try understand noobs mentality. Spending a large amount of money on potions is a don't for newbies, I don't think they're willing to spend 30k on potions. And there are other things, for example I'm a noob, and I feel quite uncomfortable when running in a pro party, I feel like this is gonna be my last run with them, they're gonna kick me out, they're gonna call a stronger player to replace me..
Btw I ran elite wilds in a legendary pt a decent one, 2 wars 1 mage and 1 rogue, and couldn't proceed, kept dying I still remember that cuz I never died so many times in a dungeon run.
I dunno who said elite tindirin is easy to complete with legendary gear as long as the pt is skilled, but that's not true.

I sympathize with you. It just seems that elites are evolving into a one-hit fest, with every subsequent new elite release (tindirin, arena and soon tombs) all about killing you and forcing you to revive with plat or ankh.

At least if you are swarmed with a dozen mobs and DPS'ed to death, you can understand, because at least there is a strategy to get out of that.

There is no strategy behind being one-hit.

Beyond that, Legendaries can succeed in elites. Up until last season, I didn't have a single mythic or arcane item; yet I was competent enough to run. Yeah, you end up dancing on the razors edge between life and death, but a good player is a good player, regardless of gear. Top gear may shave off seconds or even a minute off of a run, but don't think that it makes you inferior. I've encountered plenty of top geared players that were so bad in elites it boggled the mind.

The major difference is that the Legendary and/or non-wealthy player runs defensively, while "whales" if you will, run offensively. One is a bit slower, but safer, the other puts value on time over gold/plat. It's merely a matter of play-style and what you put a priority on.

If I am running with elixirs, expect a full offensive onslaught where I willingly place myself into danger, just so I can kill and complete the map faster. If I am running pure, I tend to be a tiny bit safer, but still somewhat reckless. It's all a matter of knowing what you can handle, knowing the topology of the map and the mobs you can tank. For instance, I KNOW I can tank the spiders in Caves, but Shamans, snakes and scorns I cannot. So I have no issue fighting in the middle of a pack of spiders, but I am a bit cautious when facing the shaman, since I know his stomp will one-hit me.

Raregem
11-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Elites should have a guareented tooth drop every run. That's still 150 runs(For dragon bar) which if you average runs at 10 mins a piece is 25 HOURS of grinding. 25 hours... Let that sink in with 100% chance. Now if you're starting at 0 then it's probably 40 or more hours of elite runs to get ONE item.

Crazy if you ask me.. Yet I'm in there doing it like everyone else. Maybe I should get my head checked!! ;)

letme.dothis.1
11-10-2014, 07:58 PM
I don't mind being rich or poor in game....pls sts stop the test server already we can't farm teeth because of disconnection...enough already....

CheifR
11-10-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm glad some of you are actually looking at MY point of view instead of just thinking about how easy it personally was for you and your selective elite friends

Dogoeswoof
11-10-2014, 08:04 PM
I never said it was easy did you see my post on the second page?

CheifR
11-10-2014, 08:04 PM
That has happened to me once before and til this day I feel more pressure than I should to not fq up as much as I possibly can. Which makes the game feel a little less fun

Dogoeswoof
11-10-2014, 08:10 PM
One point however is that the drops in elites right now are worth only a fraction of whst they used to be which makes running elites less fun and enticing. You have to work even harder to make money... back when I ran the magmatic totem of brutality was 1.4m which made running enticing. I completely know how guys feel about running elites and being poor because I was in your shoes before. I had to sacrifice my friendships in my guild in order to join a new elite farming guild. That is what I sacrificed in order to get richer, but right now, it might not be worth it since drops dont really pay too well for their effort

CheifR
11-10-2014, 08:13 PM
I ran with legendary equipment in elite tindirin to get the drops and gold for a mythic set, you just need to run with some op friends, it certainly can be fit for players with legendary gear
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/10/18dbe080b8e5e5afdf540968d8e1296c.jpg
But glad someone sees it from our point of view
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/10/03f34c14e47a52ddc5a66d37c73998be.jpg

Dogoeswoof
11-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Thats true, I was fortunate enough to find a friendship with bigoggy who helped me, but I remember that same feeling of being under equipped and looking like a noob with fadedtwo and candylicks having full myth and samael etc. And they discluded me from some runs because they wanted to go faster and I completely understood.

Also feocalev for some reason kept running with me who had glaive and samael while i had an expedition bow and tarlok armor and i thought the best pet was malison.

Raregem
11-10-2014, 08:46 PM
I think it's really hard for new players right now. You need to get into a good guild, to get into a good guild you need to have decent gear/stats. (You can get nice stats with legendary gear, add some gems and you're good to go.) To get that gear you still need to be able to make gold, and lockeds and elites offer half of what they used to be worth. I don't have any problem running with new players in elites if they use pots. That's my biggest pet peeve(Not saying y'all don't use pots)... It's possible to spend 15-20 mins in Breck and farm a locked for pot money to get be prepared for elites. It's also being courteous to the other pt members.

Soon though with the tombs the best gear will be available to everyone. Just need hard work and pots..(hehe)

Whenever someone calls you noob just shrug it off. The fact is that EVERYONE was new once. In reality 80% of the time the person calling you a noob is new too and they're just trying to look cool.

CheifR
11-10-2014, 08:49 PM
I think it's really hard for new players right now. You need to get into a good guild, to get into a good guild you need to have decent gear/stats. To get that gear you need to be able to make gold. And lockeds and elites offer half of what they used to be worth. I don't have any problem running with new players in elites if they use pots. That's my biggest pet peeve(Not saying y'all don't use pots)... It's possible to spend 15-20 mins in Breck and farm a locked for pot money to get be prepared for elites. It's also being courteous to the other pt members.

Soon though with the tombs the best gear will be available to everyone. Just need hard work and pots..(hehe)

Whenever someone calls you noob just shrug it off. The fact is that EVERYONE was new once. In reality 80% of the time the person calling you a noob is new too and they're just trying to look cool.
I think my problem is that I spend 40% of the time I play AL helping noobs when I should be helping myself..

Raregem
11-10-2014, 08:53 PM
I think my problem is that I spend 40% of the time I play AL helping noobs when I should be helping myself.

See even you say noob... just cut that word out. :) Why can't you help yourself and help new players at the same time? There's no reason you can't say "sure, I'd love to help but I am doing this why don't you come along with me." Chances are if they are truly new that they will be learning something, so it's win win.

CheifR
11-10-2014, 08:55 PM
See even you say noob... just cut that word out. :) Why can't you help yourself and help new players at the same time? There's no reason you can't say "sure, I'd love to help but I am doing this why don't you come along with me." Chances are if they are truly new that they will be learning something, so it's win win.
The only reason I say noob is cuz everyone else does. Hell I even call myself it everyday lol. At this point I don't consider"noob" an insult but another word for "less experienced"

Dogoeswoof
11-10-2014, 08:59 PM
Noob has a bad connotation though, less experienced is a kinder way to call someone who is new rather than what most people say. For instance, enemy guilds call full myth/arcane players noobs in pvp when they lose or get killed in hopes to hurt or taunt others

CheifR
11-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Noob has a bad connotation though, less experienced is a kinder way to call someone who is new rather than what most people say. For instance, enemy guilds call full myth/arcane players noobs in pvp when they lose or get killed in hopes to hurt or taunt others
I see what you mean. I'd hate to be hypocritical by saying how some people don't look at other's POV and turn around and do the same

Heiress
11-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Nah it's attitudes that need changing not drop rates. Only reason why so many r calling for the latter is coz it's the easier option.

This so-called "noob" mentality that's been mentioned - get out of it fast. The sooner u can distinguish who's a good PVE player and who's not, the more fluid and fun ur farming grind is gonna be. Skills > Gear - for rogues/sorcs, a telltale sign is when their killing speed seems higher than the stats u see when u bring up the char screen. Also watch the way they group mobs and tackle bosses. The whole run feels different. This is abt being able to look past gear and recognize a skilled player on any platform from the way they move. I've met several under-geared players that show more skills than old timed runners, so don't be so easily impressed by shiny things or numbers on an avatar.

Time will fly and the teeth will follow :3

CheifR
11-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Nah it's attitudes that need changing not drop rates. Only reason why so many r calling for the latter is coz it's the easier option.

This so-called "noob" mentality that's been mentioned - get out of it fast. The sooner u can distinguish who's a good PVE player and who's not, the more fluid and fun ur farming grind is gonna be. Skills > Gear - for rogues/sorcs, a telltale sign is when their killing speed seems higher than the stats u see when u bring up the char screen. Also watch the way they group mobs and tackle bosses. The whole run feels different. This is abt being able to look past gear and recognize a skilled player on any platform from the way they move. I've met several under-geared players that show more skills than old timed runners, so don't be so easily impressed by shiny things or numbers on an avatar.

Time will fly and the teeth will follow :3
I will repeat... That's all dandy but it doesn't take skill to stop yourself from being one hit plus more dmg output can and does play a large part.
My point is for one, you can be skilled yet not have the gear to tackle certain situations

You pretty much pointed this out for me but not all players have that kind of experience nor do they know people with that experience nor do they even know that there is different ways to go about these maps so will ANY of you show me some legendary geared non-plat players run these maps being oh so skilled? Otherwise I can't just take your word for it

Have you not read the plenty of experienced players talking about losing much more than they're gaining?(not to mention hours of time they'll never get back being unproductive.) You guys are probably in the situation to where there's way less that you have left to accomplish so to take time to do this may seem much less of a problem.
NOTE: If u can get that "skilled" team make sure they aren't wearing vanity during the run so I may see their gear :)

GoodSyntax
11-10-2014, 11:37 PM
You pretty much pointed this out for me but not all players have that kind of experience nor do they know people with that experience nor do they even know that there is different ways to go about these maps so will ANY of you show me some legendary geared non-plat players run these maps being oh so skilled? Otherwise I can't just take your word for it

I have already taken on this challenge: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?145991-Elite-Chronicles-Rogues-Guide-To-Elite-Tindirin-The-Wilds

obee
11-10-2014, 11:46 PM
I will repeat... That's all dandy but it doesn't take skill to stop yourself from being one hit plus more dmg output can and does play a large part.
My point is for one, you can be skilled yet not have the gear to tackle certain situations

Have you not read the plenty of experienced players talking about losing much more than they're gaining?(not to mention hours of time they'll never get back being unproductive.) You guys are probably in the situation to where there's way less that you have left to accomplish so to take time to do this may seem much less of a problem.
NOTE: If u can get that "skilled" team make sure they aren't wearing vanity during the run so I may see their gear :)
I'm a mostly elite legendary player, and I got my elite skill by my very awesome guildmates. Also there are many guides about elites

CheifR
11-10-2014, 11:50 PM
I have already taken on this challenge: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?145991-Elite-Chronicles-Rogues-Guide-To-Elite-Tindirin-The-Wilds
Nice guide! It'd be great for getting the achievements there! But at the same time proves my point on how unproductive it can be. Although it is a helpful guide, repeating that process as a way to farm would be extremely painful.

CheifR
11-10-2014, 11:52 PM
I'm a mostly elite legendary player, and I got my elite skill by my very awesome guildmates. Also there are many guides about elites
Did you read the meme I made earlier on this thread? Lol

debitmandiri
11-11-2014, 12:32 AM
So..do you want new myth pendant exclusive only on locks ?

This is good people can farming for mythic rarity item. U just too lazy

Kreasadriii
11-11-2014, 01:01 AM
The difficulties of the questline to craft a new mythic amulet is purposely to keep price on market, keep the game sportivity (compare to plat and non-plat user), and its challenging make the mythic worth to die for..

If feel too hard, keep farming on another maps and buy it later on auction or from friends ;)

billythekidd
11-11-2014, 01:51 AM
f2p players cry that nothing is farmable,sts makes a mythic item that is 100% obtainable by just running maps,what do they you do now?cry that the teeth drop rate is too low or the maps are to hard,if your to lazy to farm teeth just buy the bar and get it over with,if you cant afford it then suck it up and farm the teeth,this is end game,maps are supposed to be hard..the new planar tombs are fine in my opinion as well as the teeth drop rate..an item such as this should not be made easy to get,just like the para gem in halloween event,it was way to easy to get..it should have been a little harder to obtain..people are never satisfied,they beg for a good farmable item,then they complain it's to hard to get...

CheifR
11-11-2014, 03:11 AM
So..do you want new myth pendant exclusive only on locks ?

This is good people can farming for mythic rarity item. U just too lazy
Seems like you didn't read the rest of the thread...

SacredKnight
11-11-2014, 03:13 AM
TBH it's not like many people need a Dragonite bar in the first place! Without an arcane shard this item is worth as much as a smelly helm, now and then people will list them in CS but only very rarely (Unless they're listed for such a low, low price) will they get bought with a use intended.

CheifR
11-11-2014, 03:14 AM
You know what.. I'm done.No one has an open mind with this apparently. Everyone's on a one track mind mindset so I say it's pointless and my opinion at this point doesn't matter

Kreasadriii
11-11-2014, 03:44 AM
If no one open mind, no one will reply and responese your thread.
Proved by we are concerns about your thread, reply with humble..
You can't force people mindset or view to 1 stand with you all the time, they had their own, appreciate it as they are appreciate yours..
As simple as that ;)

Astride
11-11-2014, 03:50 AM
I dont agree with you about changing teeths mechanics but yes its a tough time for undergeared players and its even gonna get worse.
Arcane legends is divided in 2 part though that helps solve this problem. With good will, good merching you can be a average top player and start building your wealth in no time.

Now lemme explain the 2 part thing.
For everything in AL if you look well you will notice there is a hard system that gets you lots of gold and there is a simple system that pays off lesser.

Lb contest-Crafting Lockeds and selling them.
Elites-Locked crates.
Planar arena + Planar tombs - Dragonite bars.

Trust me you cant run the new tombs or arena if things stay as they are with just legendaries, infact you barely can run tindirin productively unless your party is all mythic and arcane.

Nothing is free in this game. The plat sts wont get from locked they will recover it to the very last cent with luck damage and ankh kits and the new maps were purposely made to do so.
As a undergeared player you should look into investing in things that require minimum output of gold and maximum income such as dragonite bars. Forget elites, forget running with top players... worked hard and pile your gold till its time to scale up in levels.

ilhanna
11-11-2014, 05:45 AM
Apart from the economic perspectives of the new mythic pendant crafting quest and the drop rate of teeth, I'm actually happy with the prospect of having to farm Tindirin maps. Tindirin is a fun area to explore and as fond as I am of the Druid gear for my warrior, I had missed farming teeth to buy myself Magma Assault set.

But what really bothered me about this thread is the insistence that just because you cannot afford mythic or arcane gear and pet, elite Tindirin is unattainable for you. That you need to belong to a top pro-only guild to get the so-called OP party to guide and coach your legendary self on how to sail through it. That's not how I see it because my experience shows otherwise. I don't know how else to say this but I have been running elite Nordr and Shuyal at level 36 with all legendary parties. One of the best elite tanks I've had the pleasure of running elite with did his job amazingly well even before he got mythic armor and weapon. And another of my go-to elite warrior is still fully legendary to this day. I got my Valkin in a party of guild mates consisting of a legendary warrior and two mythic mages using legendary staves, amulets and rings. I was wearing Tarlok's gear, my bow was a Devourer, and I used Malison and McCraw. I didn't see why not having mythic should stop me from running elite.

Yes, my main rogue has mythic armor, helm, ring and amulet now. But I still run elite Tindirin with all legendary parties from my guild to farm or help them with achievements, and while we don't make leaderboard we finished the runs in an OK time. Yes, I do have to insist that guildies have certain stats, skills, and good legendary gear. Yes, we do have to pause sometimes so I can explain tactics etc. Yes, sometimes an inexperienced tank failed to hold aggro and the rogues (me included) got one hit by a salamander or a shaman. But we learned something, and the next run we went better, faster. My warrior is all legendary and he runs elite Tindirin just fine. My mage soloed elite Wilds in Druid Brutality, Elondrian ring and amulet, Expedition Rifle Brutality and Malison. It's not impossible.

You might argue that to get so skilled in elite you need to know op people kind and willing enough to help you. I would say actual experience is a good teacher in itself. Observation is also a good way to learn. Once in a while you find good PUG and they will have something to teach you. You strike up conversation with someone and learned something, and tried it on your own, and learned more. I don't know any leaderboard players to teach me. All I had were my guild mates and friends I made while running maps who selflessly share tips and tricks, total strangers in PUG who patiently answered my noob questions ("These spiders are easy kills. We need to kill them cuz we will park a lot of mobs later"; "Kill them here so we won't aggro those archers up ahead"). And the forum is chockfull of guides and Youtube replete with elite run videos. It's not impossible.

Maybe in the end the question is whether you want to and whether you enjoy it--the process, challenges, tedium, repetitiveness. And yes, I am fully aware of the pots/ankh/elixir costs of elite runs especially in Tindirin with its insane mobs. But still, when someone ask for pt for elite Tindirin, I'd volunteer.

And no I don't have videos of me running elite Tindirin in legendary gear. I didn't expect to be asked to prove that I could do it. And I am not saying it is easy, it certainly isn't Brackenridge. But it isn't impossible either.

Astride
11-11-2014, 06:00 AM
There is a point where the mobs are just too insanely hard to be killed with any strategy. We crossed that line with the planar arena and planar tombs.
Sure you can finish elite tindirin in a legendary party with strategy ecc but the efficiency, minimal use of pots, fastness a mythic/arcane party that applies the same strategy will obtain is definately higher.

flluby2
11-11-2014, 06:07 AM
Have to agree with the one-hit fest trend. now most "poor" or just stingy player will just use rev at entrance, which just adds up the time, and placed heavier burden on those still surviving and fighting. Have been to a run where after being one-hit by shaman, one by one walked it out from entrance. Invest in ankh kit, save yourself and party a lot of stress.
pot like no tomorrow, dead= no dmg. dead = no use. imo, if you are forced to use ankh or rev, you are more motivated to stay alive and kill faster.
sorry to say, but i have to agree, new players without enough gold to buy ankhs or pot up will be really hard to run elite nord and above.

the right skills and tactics helps.

And elite map now is the ultimate gold sink.

Drop rate for teeth has gotten from bad to excruciatingly bad, could only get one for a day and i dont have more time for it. 150 days???

Raselph
11-11-2014, 07:39 AM
why cant u guys just go and farm rather than fighting and disputing here in the forums...GO GET A DRAGONITE BAR BROS N SIS

CheifR
11-11-2014, 01:32 PM
If no one open mind, no one will reply and responese your thread.
Proved by we are concerns about your thread, reply with humble..
You can't force people mindset or view to 1 stand with you all the time, they had their own, appreciate it as they are appreciate yours..
As simple as that ;)
By that I meant refusing to hear someone out

Heiress
11-11-2014, 01:39 PM

It does make a diff. Once u experience a better all-round party , there's just no turning back. As for teeth, mobs on normal maps don't 1-hit. If u can't find a party that does good enough mob control at elite, go for that. The speed still shows. Common sense really

Haifer
11-11-2014, 02:14 PM
I sympathize with you. It just seems that elites are evolving into a one-hit fest, with every subsequent new elite release (tindirin, arena and soon tombs) all about killing you and forcing you to revive with plat or ankh.

At least if you are swarmed with a dozen mobs and DPS'ed to death, you can understand, because at least there is a strategy to get out of that.

There is no strategy behind being one-hit.

Beyond that, Legendaries can succeed in elites. Up until last season, I didn't have a single mythic or arcane item; yet I was competent enough to run. Yeah, you end up dancing on the razors edge between life and death, but a good player is a good player, regardless of gear. Top gear may shave off seconds or even a minute off of a run, but don't think that it makes you inferior. I've encountered plenty of top geared players that were so bad in elites it boggled the mind.

The major difference is that the Legendary and/or non-wealthy player runs defensively, while "whales" if you will, run offensively. One is a bit slower, but safer, the other puts value on time over gold/plat. It's merely a matter of play-style and what you put a priority on.

If I am running with elixirs, expect a full offensive onslaught where I willingly place myself into danger, just so I can kill and complete the map faster. If I am running pure, I tend to be a tiny bit safer, but still somewhat reckless. It's all a matter of knowing what you can handle, knowing the topology of the map and the mobs you can tank. For instance, I KNOW I can tank the spiders in Caves, but Shamans, snakes and scorns I cannot. So I have no issue fighting in the middle of a pack of spiders, but I am a bit cautious when facing the shaman, since I know his stomp will one-hit me.
Reckless is an understatement, lol. I've had u right next to me as I tank elite mobs in Tindirin. U dagger wielding beast! ;)

CheifR
11-11-2014, 02:23 PM
It does make a diff. Once u experience a better all-round party , there's just no turning back. As for teeth, mobs on normal maps don't 1-hit. If u can't find a party that does good enough mob control at elite, go for that. The speed still shows. Common sense really
Ye.

Raselph
11-12-2014, 12:03 AM

talking about 1-hits CheiR's sstats arent good...2.9k hp...u can rlly get 1 hit actually...